View Poll Results: What is your trigger price point for One Amber / Esta? ($OApsf/$ESTApsf)

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • $900/$1000

12 8.51%
  • $800/$900

8 5.67%
  • $700/$800

19 13.48%
  • $600/$700

52 36.88%
  • $500/$600

31 21.99%
  • Won't even consider in 2009/2010. will wait till end 2010/2011

19 13.48%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is your trigger price for OA/Esta?

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Business Times - 09 Feb 2009

Over 300 Caspian units sold, price up 3.5%

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

FRASERS Centrepoint yesterday continued to chalk up steady sales at its Caspian condo even after it raised prices by about $20 per square foot, or about 3.5 per cent.

It sold over 100 units yesterday and by last night, total sales had crossed 300 units - a remarkable result considering the current market gloom.
    3 yrs ago ... i made a terible mistake ... but i learned my lesson

i was offered a unit, FH, 3600 sqft with seaview ..but 20 yrs old ... perched on a hill ..front face sea ..back hill (forest) ... ...

i passed on it as it was 1.4 mio ... failed to see that its only 400 psf ..

1.5 yrs on .. it was 2.8 mio ..even until today ...still 2.8 mio at 770 psf ...

at that time 400 psf is not much higher than a HDB at marine parade ...

now i go for PSF ...

600 psf for 99 yr ??? remmeber that 99 yr project near stadium ..old airport road area ? cant remmeber the name ... sold out at close to 1000 psf ... crazy ...

Default feng shui

I like sea view, also don't mind resevior view. But it seems all those type of good view units have to face ECP or busy roads, sure have a lot of road noise pollution.

From feng shui point of view, Heavy traffic = bad feng shui? Any expert here?
    as long as you and family feel good in it ..really doesnt matter ..i think ..

http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/
    Posted by luxuryasiahome on February 9, 2009

SOME uncompleted residential properties in the prime districts have changed hands recently at prices below that which they were sold initially.
    These may be merely a handful, but it reflects the extent of the damage wrought by the economic downturn on the high-end market, analysts say.
    According to data compiled by consultancy Savills Singapore, sub-sale prices at some popular projects are edging close to the average prices sold by the developers.
    At several yet-to-be-completed prime projects, many units were even done recently at prices below their launch average.
    The data is culled from recent sub-sale deals done at 39 prime non-landed residential projects that were launched from 2005 to 2008. They are located in the core central districts of 1, 4, 9, 10 and 11.
    A transaction is known as a sub-sale when a buyer acquires a property and sells it before its completion.
    The conclusion: Recent transacted prices for projects that were launched in 2005 remain well above their average launch levels.
    But the situation is not so sanguine for buyers of properties that were launched for sale in 2006 or later.
    Based on caveats lodged, units at 11 developments that were launched between 2006 and 2008 have come down to below their launch levels.
    These include projects that saw overwhelming interest during their launch, such as the 175-unit The Sixth Avenue Residences in Sixth Avenue.
    Another project, Duchess Residences in Bukit Timah, attracted numerous buyers during its 2007 launch, with units crossing the $2,000 per square foot (psf) mark. It was the first time homes in the area crossed the $2,000 psf mark in nearly 10 years.
    But deals done in the third quarter of last year were well below that level.
    A 1,604 sq ft home at Duchess Residences was recently advertised for sale at $1,500 psf.
    Explaining the low-priced deals, Mr Steven Ming, the Savills Singapore director for investment sales and prestige homes, said: ‘There will always be a few who are forced to sell in a downturn.
    ‘The market is likely to remain choppy in the next quarter or two but at this point in time, there are still a lot of investors who are holding out or have the capacity to hold out for better sale prices.’
    Those who have missed out on the bull run are also waiting on the sidelines, he added.
    At a few popular projects, prices appear to be edging closer to their launch levels or have fallen substantially from the peak.
    Two most recent caveats lodged for deals at Park Infinia at Wee Nam in Lincoln Road were at $1,180 psf for a 969sqft unit and $1,061 psf for a 1,442sq ft unit, compared with prices of up to $1,500 to $1,600 psf last year.
    All three caveats lodged last month for One Amber near Amber Road were at $761 psf to $816 psf. This compares with its average launch price of $725 to $730 psf in 2006.
    To get to the few buyers these days, sellers appear to be getting more aggressive.
    In recent classifieds, there were sellers for The Sea View at Amber Road at $1,030 psf, compared with prices of up to $1,500 psf done last year.
    Last Wednesday, one unit at One Shenton in Shenton Way was advertised at $888 psf , compared with its launch price of between $1,500 to more than $2,000 psf in early 2007.
    Some luxury condos offered steeper discounts.
    A unit at The Orchard Residences was advertised for $2,600 psf while a unit at Ardmore II was put up for sale at $1,750 psf. The Orchard Residences and Ardmore II had sold for an average of $3,301 psf and $2,271 psf respectively at their launch.
    Source : Straits Times - 9 Feb 2009
    This i gotta see!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    3 yrs ago ... i made a terible mistake ... but i learned my lesson

i was offered a unit, FH, 3600 sqft with seaview ..but 20 yrs old ... perched on a hill ..front face sea ..back hill (forest) ... ...

i passed on it as it was 1.4 mio ... failed to see that its only 400 psf ..

1.5 yrs on .. it was 2.8 mio ..even until today ...still 2.8 mio at 770 psf ...

at that time 400 psf is not much higher than a HDB at marine parade ...

now i go for PSF ...

600 psf for 99 yr ??? remmeber that 99 yr project near stadium ..old airport road area ? cant remmeber the name ... sold out at close to 1000 psf ... crazy ...
    dakota residences. not sold out, still many yet to sell, and prices are dropping there tremendously too - especially now sports hub is delayed, thus the only amenities dakota residents will have is that longkang in the back and kallang macs for now

Explaining the low-priced deals, Mr Steven Ming, the Savills Singapore director for investment sales and prestige homes, said: ‘There will always be a few who are forced to sell in a downturn.
    ‘The market is likely to remain choppy in the next quarter or two but at this point in time, there are still a lot of investors who are holding out or have the capacity to hold out for better sale prices.’
    Those who have missed out on the bull run are also waiting on the sidelines, he added.
    that's what they have been saying in jan, dec, nov, oct ..... lol

wait a bit, the best is yet to be muakakakakakaka

Default dakota

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    dakota residences. not sold out, still many yet to sell, and prices are dropping there tremendously too - especially now sports hub is delayed, thus the only amenities dakota residents will have is that longkang in the back and kallang macs for now
    ahhahaha

just like many many years ago ...i remember when all rushing to buy bishan .. i recalled reading this article a malay woman who paid almost 900 k for a resale unit ... "i really love it, the moment i walked in i know i must have it '

i wonder after 10 yrs does she still love it ...knowing she hit top price ...

ahhahaha

just like many many years ago ...i remember when all rushing to buy bishan .. i recalled reading this article a malay woman who paid almost 900 k for a resale unit ... "i really love it, the moment i walked in i know i must have it '

i wonder after 10 yrs does she still love it ...knowing she hit top price ...
    you're kidding.....900k for a HDB or private?
    wah lau how big is the unit? she bought one floor combined into one unit ah with private HDB lift access?

you're kidding.....900k for a HDB or private?
    wah lau how big is the unit? she bought one floor combined into one unit ah with private HDB lift access?
    it was a maisonette in bishan ....

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Hi bro tks for interest... which portion u r keen on
    the part about the pros and cons of benchmarking an areas price on apts vs condos.

to me i thought they were interlinked - ie there is a slight premium no doubt on condo status, but then again, plot ratio also factors in.

ie - if an apartment unit plot ratio is 1.4, and a condo plot ratio is 1.4, of course the apartment is worth far less than the condo.

but what if the condo plot ratio is 2.8? ie twice the number of resident share the same area of land in strata.

it was a maisonette in bishan ....
    siao. i was considering a maisonette in toh guan in 2004 for my marital home - only $250k nia, facing park and all landed throughout in a low density area.

when it comes to property, many singaporeans are less rational than when supermarket shopping. at least when you go carrefour buy chicken, just because its branded 'Tyson' with nice big posters dun mean you'll actually pay 50% more than house brand.

look at centris - great PR agency, nice ad agency, great sales - hapless sardined residents down the road.

thanks pn, lesson learnt and apologies if i came across as cocky & overbearing (my school's fault, taught me to take no nonsense and speak my mind )

but if my posts can jolt a reader to take a step back and say - 'hey, maybe i should reconsider this 99 year property, its overvalued' - then i'd rather continue to be a pain in the arse. (mind my french, apologies again)

in this market, it is no longer a case about capital appreciation in property. it's all about capital preservation. if i need to buy a property now, what can i buy that will not cause me to lose my hard earned cpf/cash down the road? remember the hume/upp bt timah area when it was red hot earlier? those buyers are still stuck today, even after the 2007 boom.

then look at livia. a 1000sqft apartment was transacting at $720psf. today it's a $100 less. That's $100k paper loss, or an almost 15% fall in valuation in 4 months. sorry lor, $100k is a lot of money to me - i'm poor.

the fact remains that if i take an 80% loan of a $1m property, if the property drops below $800k valuation, the bank has every right to ask me to top up. they may not be doing that now, but anything is possible in the future if things get really bad. it's already affected sentosa cove, and now starting in core central region properties

we also know for a fact that top ups of 99 year leases are getting more and more infrequent, and the government is moving to a 75 year leasehold model. also, the latest lease buyback scheme has put a ceiling on the valuation of leasehold properties - soon from purely hdb, it will crossover to pte property valuations.

Caspian is a con job by heartless developers again. this post best sums it up: http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...5&postcount=26

i'm pretty dumb actually, and am as poor as the average joe. but the difference is that i do tons of research to back up what i say

went to check out the caspian during lunch
    even though is monday wah the showroom is very packed., many uncles aunties or heartlander types.. car park not full but think many ppl came by mrt
    project is definitely targeted at the masses and makes no apologies about it
    agents hint hint will raise price soon due to hot demand haha ~

If it's true as per other thread that a fund is offloading 100 units of rivergate at 700psf, let's say they sell at launch price of 900psf lah - this will completely change te dynamics of the resale market and might spark a stampede of other big boys. Just like in e stock market, its the big boys who make the market, not one or two indovidual holders.

I wd wait and see a few weeks to see how things pan out just tobe kiasu

Thumbs up

the part about the pros and cons of benchmarking an areas price on apts vs condos.

to me i thought they were interlinked - ie there is a slight premium no doubt on condo status, but then again, plot ratio also factors in.

ie - if an apartment unit plot ratio is 1.4, and a condo plot ratio is 1.4, of course the apartment is worth far less than the condo.

but what if the condo plot ratio is 2.8? ie twice the number of resident share the same area of land in strata.
    value depends not just by the plot ratio but also by the building height permissible, site plans, set backs, GFA, etc before you will know if this plot is a better plot than a apartment plot. you could be very surprise that value of apartment plot of 1.4 could be even much more valuable than a plot of 2.8 sometimes due to the shape and size, etc.

Pet

Thumbs up

If it's true as per other thread that a fund is offloading 100 units of rivergate at 700psf, let's say they sell at launch price of 900psf lah - this will completely change te dynamics of the resale market and might spark a stampede of other big boys. Just like in e stock market, its the big boys who make the market, not one or two indovidual holders.

I wd wait and see a few weeks to see how things pan out just tobe kiasu
    even if there are such lobangs in the market.. it wouldnt come to any of us as very likely those investors would have sold the units to their fellow friends of some other companies keen in investing... the company who had been approached will also be able to work out and know for sure this is definitely a deal not to be missed for sure...

Pet

I know there's another fund management holding more than 50units in a prime D09 condo tat going to TOP soon too. But no news of lelong leh... hehe

Not forgetting that these big boys are in for property investment and so its not so much difference than from other type of investment unlike us whom mostly view it a a place to stay.

To these investment funds, their money travel around the world to look for good investment deal. If certain projects in RV are selling for 700 psf, yes it might be cheap to us but not necessary to them as they also look at bargains in HK, UK, US and Aussie (not forgetting the plunge in Pound and Aussie recently). So cutting a portion of their investment at 700 psf is just like cutting lost on their stocks portfolio or currency trading. They will take the money and switch to other places.

That's one factor that I feel people always forget when they mention that "..........prices already come down a lot ". We are just one of the place for investors to park their money to grow. Its always a relative thing. We might think you are cheap but we are actually more expensive than our peers. 2 cents worth.

Well said Black Swan.....these foreign investors are inflating up our property market. We buy to stay but they buy to make money.

There are many points to consider if the site is worth en-bloc which some of the points are mentioned by bro Pet like building height permissible, site plans, set backs, GFA, etc.

However, in general due to the smaller size of land apt has, n unless the plot ratio is revised upwards for apt, condo that has relatively bigger land area will be more attractive for enbloc ceteris paribus. Assuming b4 the en-bloc is materialised, other factors like min facilities, high maintenance fees eating into rental return, and the possibility of coughing up more $$ when the place gets old for major repair work b4 en-bloc is successful is valid for concern for small project.

The lack of liquidity due to small project and hence affecting the bid ask spread, like stocks, will affect the selling px hence such project deserve to trade at a discount. But it will be subjective as to how much discount translate into fair value.

Good luck on your balmoral hunt

So far most of the transactions are done at 800/900 psf level, the less ppl voted category....

-----------------------------
    ONE AMBER 1,360,800 1,701 800 Mar-09
    ONE AMBER 1,121,400 1,335 840 Mar-09
    THE ESTA 1,280,000 1,399 915 Mar-09
    ONE AMBER 906,480 1,259 720 Feb-09
    THE ESTA 1,593,000 1,593 1,000 Feb-09
    THE ESTA 1,326,850 1,561 850 Feb-09
    ONE AMBER 1,000,000 1,302 768 Feb-09
    THE ESTA 1,475,000 1,593 926 Feb-09
    THE ESTA 1,280,000 1,464 874 Feb-09
    THE ESTA 1,264,410 1,561 810 Feb-09
    ONE AMBER 998,000 1,259 792 Feb-09