Thread: Feedback on Mimosa Terrace

Default Feedback on Mimosa Terrace

Dear Forum Experts

Am looking around for a terrace house in the Kovan, Serangoon, YCK area.
    Happen to visit some terrace recently in Mimosa/Saraca area. While the terrace there are freehold and with good floor area, it seems that transportation and amenities is not so convenient. Does anyone have feedback ? Thanks in advance.

I guess it's convenient if you drive to work everyday and come home after dinner.
    But it's not convenient for your family who does not drive and worst, if they don't work and have to fish for food thousands of miles away daily (breakfast,lunch,dinner).

If I remember correctly, it is located very near ECP, future F1 racers should keep you awake in the middle of the night/dawn and weekend can be a fun family day doing spring cleaning of motor dust.

In the near future, you do not have to worry abt waking up late in the morning 'coz the daily planes flying across your pathway towards seletar will be your morning call.

It's just a guess but I'm living nearby.

I was once considering Mimosa projects. The livable area; layout; and roof terrace were fantastic. But the asking price was terrible. Phase IV project was asking between $1.5mil to $1.7mil. This was in May/Jun '08.

Things I don't like about Mimosa estate are:
    1. No schools and amenities within walking distance. Although there is this little mama shop located near the entrance to the estate;
    2. Walking distance to the main road is about 15~20mins. Considering raining seasons, you will get wet before reaching the main road or home; and
    3. For phase III, IV, V and VI projects, the road is very narrow. Imagine each household's friends visiting during CNY?! The road condition is going to be a nightmare.

Things to take note of Mimosa estate are:
    1. Lots of SAF officers and doctors stay there;
    2. A mixed of old and new projects where some are 99yrs (Saraca), 999yrs (Mimosa Terrace), and FH (Mimosa Phase projects); and
    3. Lots of fresh air, I must say.

Hope this help!!

Thanks stshm1 for your unbiased views.

Yup, my thoughts are exactly the same as yours. Mimosa projects are generally liveable, good layout and freehold for some of the units. I think for some of the units, $1.3 - $1.5M is doeable. But, point of contention is poor access and lack of basic amenities. I actually wonder how the people stay in these area e.g go where to buy newspaper, take bus, children come home late from school etc.

Anyway, where else are you looking at? Or you have found your dream home

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wind
    Dear Forum Experts

Am looking around for a terrace house in the Kovan, Serangoon, YCK area.
    Happen to visit some terrace recently in Mimosa/Saraca area. While the terrace there are freehold and with good floor area, it seems that transportation and amenities is not so convenient. Does anyone have feedback ? Thanks in advance.

Hi, have you checked out my landed property for sale in d19 at $390psf only??

Pet

I think you are trying to sell at $1.8M. My budget only $1.3M

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wind
    I think you are trying to sell at $1.8M. My budget only $1.3M
    i do have quite many listing in around kovan side for sale within your budget though. do drop me a line @ 82818888 if you would like to explore further with your requirements.

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    i do have quite many listing in around kovan side for sale within your budget though. do drop me a line @ 82818888 if you would like to explore further with your requirements.

Pet
    bro you know my budget. got anything good you can recommend? i went to mimosa/nims area yesterday, quite like the neighbourhood.

you have my number

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    bro you know my budget. got anything good you can recommend? i went to mimosa/nims area yesterday, quite like the neighbourhood.

you have my number
    I missed the mimosa plot of land also... one of my client was looking to buy one of the plot to do redevelopment of landed but we went in too late.. but i may go for the next piece at kovan side.. I will go check out the mimosa who bought it for redevlopment then i let you know what landed houses they building and price then call you..

Pet