Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by 爱屋及乌
    Based on your logic , they should go buy property in Vietnam , Indonesia . May be could buy a landed with football field or golf course as facility.
    If base on your logic, then they can also buy from Thailand.

Of course there are reasons for buying property in Singapore. Further more some are the rich Indo, why don't they buy property in Indo as per your saying?

In fact, the common buying trend that I have noticed are the Chinese and Jap which I am surprise. Few times, when I at the showroom, I frequently seen the deals closed are Chinese & Jap when they handed over the cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    of cos I agree. we sinkies are LJ ppl. I am also like that. a LJ ppl. laughing stock of the world.
    LJ ppl are those gave 66.6% of their vote to pap... luckily i'm not one of them ~

>>If base on your logic, then they can also buy from Thailand.
    Sorry , this is your logic , I am simply refering to your idea.

>>Of course there are reasons for buying property in Singapore.
    Then mind to share what are the REASONS...?

>>Further more some are the rich Indo, why don't they buy property in >>Indo as per your saying?
    Funny , u ask a question on your answer. One hand u were suggesting that foreign buyer go for affordablity , then u asked why...?

Quote Originally Posted by vin002

Of course there are reasons for buying property in Singapore. Further more some are the rich Indo, why don't they buy property in Indo as per your saying?

In fact, the common buying trend that I have noticed are the Chinese and Jap which I am surprise. Few times, when I at the showroom, I frequently seen the deals closed are Chinese & Jap when they handed over the cheque.

actually for small lanes, thot those with malay name sound more atas leh ... e.g. jalan etc. etc.

But not Bukit something something lah :P

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    anyway it is true ... got ang mo name is better thats sad ..

Frankel and terok kurau which is percieved to be better ?

toh tuck and hillview ?

even those that sound or look like angmo name also like that ..

Bishan and Toa payoh

Holland and Ghim moh

you name it ...

Jalan Mat jambol and Springwood ...

Yew Siang road and Pepys Hill road

What I am referring to is that if you are comparing cheap in developing country, Thailand is even cheaper.

I am comparing HK & Singapore for the purpose as both are Asian developed country and Singapore is cheaper.

If you are comparing Vietnam & Indo, the most obvious reason for buying property in Singapore is for education and Govt stability instead of cheap.

Of course there are other reasons but I only highlighted some for discussion.

Maybe another reason is that their bank account is in Singapore?

>>If base on your logic, then they can also buy from Thailand.
    Sorry , this is your logic , I am simply refering to your idea.

>>Of course there are reasons for buying property in Singapore.
    Then mind to share what are the REASONS...?

>>Further more some are the rich Indo, why don't they buy property in >>Indo as per your saying?
    Funny , u ask a question on your answer. One hand u were suggesting that foreign buyer go for affordablity , then u asked why...?

Let compare OCBC and UOB share, both are big 4 local bank. It is not right to conclude tha OCBC is better since it is 50% cheaper compare to OUB price. Like wise , we cannot sure if UOB is more attractive because of its market capitalisation.

In this case P/E may be simple & quick comparasion. Hence , do u think SG property yield better than HK...?

What I am referring to is that if you are comparing cheap in developing country, Thailand is even cheaper.

I am comparing HK & Singapore for the purpose as both are Asian developed country and Singapore is cheaper.

If you are comparing Vietnam & Indo, the most obvious reason for buying property in Singapore is for education and Govt stability instead of cheap.

Of course there are other reasons but I only highlighted some for discussion.

Maybe another reason is that their bank account is in Singapore?

if PAP goes out of power, there will be pendimonium for the singapore economy and markets will start crashing.....We do not have a ready opposition to take over the country. i knew that even by casting an opposition vote, it won't make a difference, and true enuf, it didn't.....

Quote Originally Posted by august
    LJ ppl are those gave 66.6% of their vote to pap... luckily i'm not one of them ~

Let compare OCBC and UOB share, both are big 4 local bank. It is not right to conclude tha OCBC is better since it is 50% cheaper compare to OUB price. Like wise , we cannot sure if UOB is more attractive because of its market capitalisation.

In this case P/E may be simple & quick comparasion. Hence , do u think SG property yield better than HK...?
    So you are saying that we should compare rental yield for property between HK & Singapore?

I agree with your above statement. But unlike stock, property althought is just a shelter for many, it is also a from of luxury for some and they don't mind paying premium to stay as long as it is the location that they like or due to various reasons. Everyone only live once.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if PAP goes out of power, there will be pendimonium for the singapore economy and markets will start crashing.....We do not have a ready opposition to take over the country. i knew that even by casting an opposition vote, it won't make a difference, and true enuf, it didn't.....
    pap itself was no "ready opposition" when it 1st come to power
    so dun believe in the media that is the pap mouthpiece

With the PAP, it is a love-hate relationship. We love them coz they help boost ur economy and turned Singapore into a first world nation. We hate them coz.......you know what so I don't have to elaborate...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by august
    pap itself was no "ready opposition" when it 1st come to power
    so dun believe in the media that is the pap mouthpiece

with the intention of the govt to tax capital gains on 4 years time frame of disposal of properties...this one is badly timed
    bad omen...buyers surely sangkut and remember for life

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    with the intention of the govt to tax capital gains on 4 years time frame of disposal of properties...this one is badly timed
    bad omen...buyers surely sangkut and remember for life
    Ya, very very bad indeed. I think most of buyer now worry what to do with their property they had just bought. BIG problem...paid so high, how to speculate???

very easy, sell those units that have profit this year.

as for those units in the red, sell from next year onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Ya, very very bad indeed. I think most of buyer now worry what to do with their property they had just bought. BIG problem...paid so high, how to speculate???

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    very easy, sell those units that have profit this year.

as for those units in the red, sell from next year onwards.
    Good idea!!!!

as for the recent buyers, good luck to them with the punctured sentiment...double whammy of stock market correction and physical ppty caution. ppty stocks lao sai looks like a sign of things to come. jikiat, if you are reading, can confirm that ppty stocks technically have broken an important support and now turning into bear trend? i am no technical analyst but from my basic chart reading, it appears so.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Good idea!!!!

as for the recent buyers, good luck to them with the punctured sentiment...double whammy of stock market correction and physical ppty caution. ppty stocks lao sai looks like a sign of things to come. jikiat, if you are reading, can confirm that ppty stocks technically have broken an important support and now turning into bear trend? i am no technical analyst but from my basic chart reading, it appears so.
    Not bear trend yet but surely is a bad sign ... if suddenly showroom nobody this weekend & One Amber starts panic selling then real panic button will be pressed next Monday

phew...caution...caution...be it buying physical ppty or ppty stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Not bear trend yet but surely is a bad sign ... if suddenly showroom nobody this weekend & One Amber starts panic selling then real panic button will be pressed next Monday

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    The opposite is also true.

what happen to Ascentia ? has it been launched ?

hows the response ?

i heard the preview is tomorrow but seems too quiet to be tomorrow. anyway i m not free to go down to take a look tomorrow, maybe next week will drop by to see. the last time i drove past (i think last fri) an agent signalled the showflat was not open yet as though i was a desperate buyer and he was giving me the "too bad, only i can go into the showflat" kind of look.

what happen to Ascentia ? has it been launched ?

hows the response ?

i heard the preview is tomorrow but seems too quiet to be tomorrow. anyway i m not free to go down to take a look tomorrow, maybe next week will drop by to see. the last time i drove past (i think last fri) an agent signalled the showflat was not open yet as though i was a desperate buyer and he was giving me the "too bad, only i can go into the showflat" kind of look.

ahhaha

before i left spore .. i drove to Balmeg ( scrapped my car already ) to take a look at the new showflat ... saw nothing ..but 2 ERA agents (poor thing) standing by the road ..at the foothill ...

i think the agents shud station at the entrance of haw par villa to scoop some people to the showflat.
    ahhaha

before i left spore .. i drove to Balmeg ( scrapped my car already ) to take a look at the new showflat ... saw nothing ..but 2 ERA agents (poor thing) standing by the road ..at the foothill ...

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    i think the agents shud station at the entrance of haw par villa to scoop some people to the showflat.
    considering the 2 thats on sale now or soon ..Parc Imperial and Peak@Balmeg .... Peak is definitely a better choice

considering the 2 thats on sale now or soon ..Parc Imperial and Peak@Balmeg .... Peak is definitely a better choice
    I agree that Peak is a better choice except for hill walk...

do u see Chinese working in spore or those obvious foreigner cannot speak eng? really scared of those trader

Was at AS this evening for the so called "private preview".

Thay launch about 80 units, comprising of 2,3,4 bedrooms.

Price from 1100 (3 and 4 bedder) to 1250 (2 bedder).

The take up is average. Not bad, but not like Wharf Residences where it was almost sold out in a day.

The design... the 2 bedroom is okay. Not much space wastage. There is a big balcony, but i am the balcony kind of guy.

The 3 and 4 beedrooms are not great. Some of the bed rooms are so small, that the display bed had to be a single size! There are also a lot of funny small corridors which essentially waste a lot of GFA.

OH... the 4 bedder and above, all have private lift, for those who like them.

cheers

anyone has updates about how this place is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    anyone has updates about how this place is doing?
    Other country sure no good with this economy, but singapore sure sold out

its no sold out yet.

When i was there again yesterday, the 80 luanch units, about 30 of them were taken up.

response seems muted
    a lot of kay poh viewing
    but not much done