Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i havent the chance to read it ..

but did Mah Bow tan said some to the effect that spore property prices are cheap or sustainable or ...?

pretty daring for a minister to make such a statement if it is true ..

cos if prop collapses... can the public 'claim ' from the ministry ?? cos sporeans super 'believe' the govt ..
    He definitely didn't say it is cheap. But he does have the power to maintain, lower or up the prices. Imagine, no more new HDB launches till end of the year. Even under current launches are BTO. Meaning unless there is demand, they will build. Therefore, the prices are consider stable now as they don't build excessive hdb.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    He definitely didn't say it is cheap. But he does have the power to maintain, lower or up the prices. Imagine, no more new HDB launches till end of the year. Even under current launches are BTO. Meaning unless there is demand, they will build. Therefore, the prices are consider stable now as they don't build excessive hdb.
    They had learn the hard way years back. To a HDB heartlander, as long as he can afford the 20% down payment, 80% loan for 30 years, 40K for renovation and some hundreds to thrown a house warming party. Why must he be bother selling @ loss. He just wait and wait for years to come just 30K to 50K or more and he's a happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    ""Government has released information on how much supply is coming onto the market, the transacted prices and how many units have been sold on the deferred payment scheme.
    This gives buyers complete information, rather than to have reports of high prices alone, he said.

‘For example, there are about over 40,000 units coming onto the market in the next three or four years – I think people must know that.’""

HDB prices are stable....how about private property????? 40,000 units coming how to digest

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    ""Government has released information on how much supply is coming onto the market, the transacted prices and how many units have been sold on the deferred payment scheme.
    This gives buyers complete information, rather than to have reports of high prices alone, he said.

‘For example, there are about over 40,000 units coming onto the market in the next three or four years – I think people must know that.’""

HDB prices are stable....how about private property????? 40,000 units coming how to digest
    40k units is over 5 yr period. No matter how much is the demand, i reckon there would be some supply lying around due to factors like they are beyond the reach of many. Imagine if the news read: Pte supply will be depleted to close to nil units in 1 to 2 yr time... " Then what do u think will happen to prices?

Anyone has updates on this project?

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    40k units is over 5 yr period. No matter how much is the demand, i reckon there would be some supply lying around due to factors like they are beyond the reach of many. Imagine if the news read: Pte supply will be depleted to close to nil units in 1 to 2 yr time... " Then what do u think will happen to prices?
    Chaos!! Panic !!

Mercedes has plenty of supply too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishan Kid
    Chaos!! Panic !!

Mercedes has plenty of supply too.
    i suppose we cannot look at the supply in isolation... need to look at the demand as well.

further, the affordability for car and house is different.

AS preview this weekend again?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Yah, life span also different. Also must consider got value or not. If people got money, will sure spend on house first before cars mah.

Quote Originally Posted by wklibran
    i suppose we cannot look at the supply in isolation... need to look at the demand as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Don't forget the import of humans from around the world to increase our population for next 5 years. Tons of PRC, Indians, Ang mo's
    Hmmm, PRC most likely will go for HDB or D14. Indian will end up at Tanjong Rhu. Value of there 2 areas will increase. Ang mo's will be all over the places

Quote Originally Posted by wklibran

Yes , supply is one factor and demand is another.

Supply of homes have to be ample to meet expected/unexpected demand.

Demand depends on need/want and affordability.

Need : Shelter, location near to schools, parents ,workplace and price.
    Want : Investment income, speculation, capital gain, hedge against inflation,future need for children and retirement.
    Affordability :Income, savings.

These 3 factors will determine the market price of property.

A house can cost as little as $200,000 for a 3 room flat vs a Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishan Kid
    Yes , supply is one factor and demand is another.

Supply of homes have to be ample to meet expected/unexpected demand.

Demand depends on need/want and affordability.

Need : Shelter, location near to schools, parents ,workplace and price.
    Want : Investment income, speculation, capital gain, hedge against inflation,future need for children and retirement.
    Affordability :Income, savings.

These 3 factors will determine the market price of property.

A house can cost as little as $200,000 for a 3 room flat vs a Merc.
    i think the government release on 40k unit of houses are referring to private housing... dont think one can get a private house at $200k.

u r ight in saying that the price will eventually depend on whether it is dd>ss or ss>dd ..

so have anyone here bgt AS recently?

I just got back from the showroom which is very packed, with agents.

The agent said most of the 2-bedders are sold & the avg psf is 1200 or higher. Hence, the cheapest 2-bedder is $1.1 mil!! Also the agent said the developer wanted them to tell buyers that this property will be at least $1800 psf within 3.5 years.

When I mentioned about the huge planter & balcony, the agent said this development is about "lifestyle".

Did u manage to get e brochure?$1.8kpsf in future, sound very positive!

if developers can gv me capital appreciation guarantee in black n white, i will sure buy. if not, it is just empty words. if really 1800psf, then hdb would b going for 1mil easily in town area.

very simple, tell developer to prepare an irrevocable n guaranteed buyback contract. Buy frm them now at 1200psf now and sell back to them at 1500psf 3 years later. Tell them u dont mind losing out on the 300psf so they can sell it for 1800psf.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtink
    if developers can gv me capital appreciation guarantee in black n white, i will sure buy. if not, it is just empty words. if really 1800psf, then hdb would b going for 1mil easily in town area.

Quote Originally Posted by sumo22
    I just got back from the showroom which is very packed, with agents.

The agent said most of the 2-bedders are sold & the avg psf is 1200 or higher. Hence, the cheapest 2-bedder is $1.1 mil!! Also the agent said the developer wanted them to tell buyers that this property will be at least $1800 psf within 3.5 years.

When I mentioned about the huge planter & balcony, the agent said this development is about "lifestyle".
    interesting. you mentioned it is packed with agents... how about the crowd, oh, i mean the buyers...

fom day one of their sale, the 2-bedder has been the best seller.. do u know how's the sale for the bigger units like?

did the agent explain why the developer got such bullish outlook for this ppty, in redhill?

my friend who stays in a hdb in the tiong bahru area received a wing tai flyer in his letter box promoting Ascentia Sky. It says Special Preivew discount: 2 bedrooms from 1.15m onwards, 3 bedrooms from 1.63m onwards and 4 bedroom from 1.9m onwards...

my friend said, "why would i want to downgrade to an inferior location and pay 1.6m, get into 1 backside of debt just to maintain status quo?" Although 3 bedrooms is 1475sq ft and his flat is 1238 sq ft, the 200+ sq ft is useless balcony, planter and bay windows and yet 2 bedrooms shrunk. He said he would rather stay where he is anytime.

Interesting that the crowds picked up. I was driving by and dropped in at 11.30a.m. and the place only have maybe 100 people and no units sold yet. Maybe badly advertised?

Default dasd

Quote Originally Posted by xtink

If they dare to guarantee in writing, they can also give you the 4D for this week.

got pick up meh? he only said crowded with agents, has not replied on buyers hehehe. anyway not advertised as not officially launched yet. maybe next week but my friend and other tiong bahru residents did receive flyers which said public preview for 18th and 19th july.

Quote Originally Posted by 8kenshin
    Interesting that the crowds picked up. I was driving by and dropped in at 11.30a.m. and the place only have maybe 100 people and no units sold yet. Maybe badly advertised?

i visited last Sat (11 july) at so-called what preview. i'm no VIP for sure. walked from MRT and impressed by crowd of agents under the big tent outside showflat. buyers were all inside.

Well, I was invited too and was there on Saturday. Don't think many are buying and saw many aunties & uncles who seems to be having an outing there. I even see a guy coming in with his running shorts!
    Also, overheard this guy walking around with non-stop complaining to his agent how bad and small are the rooms, making his poor agent speechless throughout.

Frankly speaking, except for those sky landscaping on various levels which seems impressive, the layout of all the showrooms are nothing to shout about. Yeah, the notorious balcony size eats so much into your living room and bedrooms.

Worst of all, is the price. At more than $12?? psf for a 99LH condo in Redhill? It is unbelievable. Wing Tai is wishful to think that the buyers will think that it is in Tanglin or River valley. A RCR will always be RCR Condo.

The agent, say it will go up some more If a 99LH can go up $1800 psf one day, those units in Anchorage or Alexis which are FH can achieve $2000 psf?

the small bedroom in showflat of 2bedder doesn't even put a single bed, so u know how small it is. and planters outside each bedroom r useless. bay window, at least can sit or put sth on it. those bedroom planters outside window, one can only water plants, dangerous to lean out from window. only the one on balcony is useful. balcony like the one at Peak @ Balmeg, big. was quoted 2bedder at 1243psf, north facing >=947sqft, south facing >=1012sqft, difference in one balcony and planter.

It is well said. I think you should share the same to the people in the Centris thread and wake up the senses of those intending to buy Centris as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    my friend who stays in a hdb in the tiong bahru area received a wing tai flyer in his letter box promoting Ascentia Sky. It says Special Preivew discount: 2 bedrooms from 1.15m onwards, 3 bedrooms from 1.63m onwards and 4 bedroom from 1.9m onwards...

my friend said, "why would i want to downgrade to an inferior location and pay 1.6m, get into 1 backside of debt just to maintain status quo?" Although 3 bedrooms is 1475sq ft and his flat is 1238 sq ft, the 200+ sq ft is useless balcony, planter and bay windows and yet 2 bedrooms shrunk. He said he would rather stay where he is anytime.

well, that was a factual case of a friend who excitedly showed me the flier yesterday after getting it on friday hee, saying they got the cheek to print the FROM prices in fliers deposited in HDB estate letterboxes. don't have any factual cases at boon lay. i would think the price discrepancy for centris is still not so obscene right? ie 5 room hdb flat vs 3 bedroom condo is more than 2.5 times the price for the tiong bahru vs ascentia sky case.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    It is well said. I think you should share the same to the people in the Centris thread and wake up the senses of those intending to buy Centris as well.

Totally wrong targetted group of buyers, If the HDB upgraders can afford 1.15 or 1.63 million, that mean the singaporean wages must have growth by another 200%. ( from $4,000 to $12,000 ) Base on the 35% rule of income from the bank of $12,000 total household income is about $4,200 per month for the housing loan. How many HDB upgraders can afford???

Who in Tiong Bahru will want to move to a Redhill LH when there are cheaper and better *Regency* FHs in Tiong Bahru?

I missed Tiong Bahru...the place I grew up in.

agent sent sms:
    thank u for visiting AS last two week, the initial release stack has sold out, new stack release now with preview price. showflat close from today till friday, only special open for booking. last chances for preview this weekend, grab the opportunity before the public launch.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Who in Tiong Bahru will want to move to a Redhill LH when there are cheaper and better *Regency* FHs in Tiong Bahru?

I missed Tiong Bahru...the place I grew up in.
    Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

Then cut across the road, cut across the glass patch and walk along Moh Guan terrace, and saw a Hainan Curry Mixed Rice store. Walk further up and reach the construction site for Regency @ Tiong Bahru. There project seems to be full steam ahead. walk back down and since hungry, decided to try the Hainan Curry Mix Rice store as it claim ZHENG ZHONG.

A couple of minutes later, the curry pork chop rice came and "COW/", the curry and the chicken is really yummy, just my typr of curry (Thick, spicy but not two spicy) and my type of chicken (very crispy on the outside yet not dry on the inside).

Overall, a very serence and tranquil place, on this central west side as comapred to central east side like kallang and lavander which have more beachy feeling. 2 cents worth.

agreed. even the new hdbs there are occupied by en-bloc pple who downgraded or savvy pple like my friend who can afford a condo but choose to stay where he is.

the conserved area helps add to the serenity and of course the curry rice, chwee kway etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

Then cut across the road, cut across the glass patch and walk along Moh Guan terrace, and saw a Hainan Curry Mixed Rice store. Walk further up and reach the construction site for Regency @ Tiong Bahru. There project seems to be full steam ahead. walk back down and since hungry, decided to try the Hainan Curry Mix Rice store as it claim ZHENG ZHONG.

A couple of minutes later, the curry pork chop rice came and "COW/", the curry and the chicken is really yummy, just my typr of curry (Thick, spicy but not two spicy) and my type of chicken (very crispy on the outside yet not dry on the inside).

Overall, a very serence and tranquil place, on this central west side as comapred to central east side like kallang and lavander which have more beachy feeling. 2 cents worth.