Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182328 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

[quote=blackswan]Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

did u go there for house viewing? how much are the owners asking ?

yes, i agree it is more serene in RS and TR, just that the side road that lead to condos is a bit narrow and also it is the only way to go in and out of RS and TR.

Quote Originally Posted by housewife
    agent sent sms:
    thank u for visiting AS last two week, the initial release stack has sold out, new stack release now with preview price. showflat close from today till friday, only special open for booking. last chances for preview this weekend, grab the opportunity before the public launch.
    hmmm... the initial release stack sold out, but the showflat will special open for booking? book what, thot all sold out? hmm... the agent's sms is bit fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by wklibran
    hmmm... the initial release stack sold out, but the showflat will special open for booking? book what, thot all sold out? hmm... the agent's sms is bit fishy...
    last previews didn't release all lah. among 40+ floors, they released maybe 10 floors when i visited the weekend b4 last. but agent said if interested in other floors, no problem to buy. so release batch by batch just to test market and boast like 80% sold but actually a lot left. if i were really interested in other floors not released, they wouldn't reject cheque bah?

[quote=wklibran]
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

did u go there for house viewing? how much are the owners asking ?

yes, i agree it is more serene in RS and TR, just that the side road that lead to condos is a bit narrow and also it is the only way to go in and out of RS and TR.
    Not to view house but to recce the surrounding. Always do that whenever I target a development. Either I will have coffee there or have lunch there to observe the traffic and people. Of course main thing is to time the time needed to walk to MRT and what's the facilities around and how far are they from they development.

If the prices can head down lower, will really consider these 2 project. Of course a lot of bros here will say, wait long long.

Hi Bro, you have good taste, the curry rice is a famous dish that explain why it is popular regardless of its lay back setting.

Cheers!!

Took a train during lunch hour to check out Regency Suites and Twin regency which are side by side. Not too bad though initially not so keen as there is no side gate cutting across Central Green and have to walk to these 2 developments. However, on further thought, that's not a bad idea as on these side of the road, its quieter and in addition, its not directly by the road, its further in, esp for TR. So it will be even more serene and tranquil.

Then cut across the road, cut across the glass patch and walk along Moh Guan terrace, and saw a Hainan Curry Mixed Rice store. Walk further up and reach the construction site for Regency @ Tiong Bahru. There project seems to be full steam ahead. walk back down and since hungry, decided to try the Hainan Curry Mix Rice store as it claim ZHENG ZHONG.

A couple of minutes later, the curry pork chop rice came and "COW/", the curry and the chicken is really yummy, just my typr of curry (Thick, spicy but not two spicy) and my type of chicken (very crispy on the outside yet not dry on the inside).

Overall, a very serence and tranquil place, on this central west side as comapred to central east side like kallang and lavander which have more beachy feeling. 2 cents worth.

Thanks, but the problem now is keep thinking of going there for lunch.....sigh.....

the curry rice standard drop already... now everywhere also like that, maxwell one also, sibei sian ...

you buy a unit there, it will solve your craving problem. Hahaha

BTW, i'm not an agent, so.....

any good deal, let me know, cheers!!

Thanks, but the problem now is keep thinking of going there for lunch.....sigh.....

Quote Originally Posted by esurprise
    you buy a unit there, it will solve your craving problem. Hahaha

BTW, i'm not an agent, so.....

any good deal, let me know, cheers!!
    Don't think you get get good deal from this project. I wont even consider another 20% at $1000 psf Condo a good deal for a 99LH in Redhill.

asking prices softening already
    speculators better sell before kena loot

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    How soft? $1000psf?

Sister, dun bother.......when the market is running red hot like what it is at the moment, who will want to quit the big relay.

However, if that's the case, it will only mean not bargains to pick when the market turns.......

(ha ha, can hear lots of call telling me to wait long long)

where did u see this prices softening phenomenon? any good examples? the feedback i got from my agent is that genuine sellers have indeed lowered their asking prices (few in numbers and the lowered asking prices are of course not that low but is the lowest in the market) but those who just chionged in to buy recently and those who bought at the peak in 2007 have actually raised their asking prices even further.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    where did u see this prices softening phenomenon? any good examples? the feedback i got from my agent is that genuine sellers have indeed lowered their asking prices (few in numbers and the lowered asking prices are of course not that low but is the lowest in the market) but those who just chionged in to buy recently and those who bought at the peak in 2007 have actually raised their asking prices even further.
    I agree. I also faced the same. In fact, I don't foresee the price to softer any further till the current buzz are gone. However, there will still be certain few units where the sellers are "forced" to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    I agree. I also faced the same. In fact, I don't foresee the price to softer any further till the current buzz are gone. However, there will still be certain few units where the sellers are "forced" to sell.
    Yeah, it is just like beginning of 2007 and that time price shot up within 7-8 months...

Actually to be fair to AS, I must agree that the fittings, the facilities and location are very attractive to a lot of potential buyer. It is the price that put the buyers off. If the launch price is around $1K psf, the project would have already sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    Actually to be fair to AS, I must agree that the fittings, the facilities and location are very attractive to a lot of potential buyer. It is the price that put the buyers off. If the launch price is around $1K psf, the project would have already sold out.
    Why do you say the fitting is attractive? I find all those in-built kitchen cabinets and closet very normal...I think those in ALEXIS is far more surperior quality....facilities wise, cant really say that too as they are all over different floors and dont seems so natural to me. I still prefer a larger plot of land where kids and adults can scroll /run/cycle around. As for location, yes, it is near REDHILL MRT and it is really attractive. Then, I will not pay more than $1200 psf to just stay here becasue it is near MRT station. I have other choices.

Finally went down to take a look today.

Was quoted 1200+psf for low #30 and just below 1200 for low #20 for 3 bedders. 1.85m and 1.75m just seems too high a quantum for such an inefficient use of 1475 sq ft.

Project does not seem to be moving. Despite, this report from yesterday's Sunday Times,

"More than 1,000 thronged Wing Tai’s Ascentia Sky showflats in Redhill when the 373-unit condo was launched yesterday. It has sold 85 per cent of the 120 units put up, at prices of around $1,300 psf."

Less off the 80 units sold at previews, official launch only sold 20+ units despite 1000 visitors?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

For $1200-$1400 psf, we can get a FH condo in District 11 near Novena MRT station which is a better buy than this District 3 Redhill LH condo at about the same price.

Finally went down to take a look today.

Was quoted 1200+psf for low #30 and just below 1200 for low #20 for 3 bedders. 1.85m and 1.75m just seems too high a quantum for such an inefficient use of 1475 sq ft.

Project does not seem to be moving. Despite, this report from yesterday's Sunday Times,

"More than 1,000 thronged Wing Tai’s Ascentia Sky showflats in Redhill when the 373-unit condo was launched yesterday. It has sold 85 per cent of the 120 units put up, at prices of around $1,300 psf."

Less off the 80 units sold at previews, official launch only sold 20+ units despite 1000 visitors?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    For $1200-$1400 psf, we can get a FH condo in District 11 near Novena MRT station which is a better buy than this District 3 Redhill LH condo at about the same price.
    I think $800 psf also consider expensive in this area.

If the developer got the land at the high price, then just too bad....not every businesses sure make money.

If I buy Ascentia Sky, I think I will really Ascend to Sky...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Buyers of Ascentia Sky aspire to ascend to the sky.

If I buy Ascentia Sky, I think I will really Ascend to Sky...

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty

If the developer got the land at the high price, then just too bad....not every businesses sure make money.
    You may think it is expensive just like those think that RG can go below $1kpsf. If AS is selling at avg $1k psf, it would have already sold out. There are always pros & cons to a project. However, it is all depends on the price against the cons. If price is reasonable, the cons will be accepted. However, based on the current response, it is obviously not yet reached the level.

Nevertheless, I must say that they are doing well to have sold at least 100 units. Meaning at least average $150m revenue. They just need to sell another 100 more units and they should be able to breakeven. Once this target is reached, I foresee that the additional discount will be taken off. Therefore, this 2 weeks will be very critical to see if the project will move on further.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty

U know nothin abt property market then

Seemed like this project is quite quiet....was checking streetsine and the prices tranacted are really scary. Counted only 48 units sold since it was lauched in Jul 09. I think there are about 348 units for sale and sale of this project is so slow...wonder how the developer going to sell the remaining units at that kind of price.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus72
    Seemed like this project is quite quiet....was checking streetsine and the prices tranacted are really scary. Counted only 48 units sold since it was lauched in Jul 09. I think there are about 348 units for sale and sale of this project is so slow...wonder how the developer going to sell the remaining units at that kind of price.
    Same as the centro units sold, prices too high for the mass market to digest.

Need some good news on the job market to increase our wages to double to afford these prices.

caveats are lagging. last heard was 100+ units sold but i think very few sales closed recently

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus72

Default What is available?

Hi ALL

Anyone have any news on this project?
    Howmany bedders available?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Ascentia Sky ... RCR ....... 148 ...................... 30 ......................... 1,420 ............ 1,221 .......... 1,055
    Didn't managed to break July's high of $1,459psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Didn't managed to break July's high of $1,459psf.
    Wow, highest price was $1400+? i thot ppl already complaining when it was selling at $1200+ for that Ang Sua location?

In Aug sold 30units? the sales seems quite good