Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teresa
    Thanks and I have in fact also consider Metropolitan but I felt that its really too close to the MRT track unless you are able to get a unit facing Tanglin road. I've previously stayed near a MRT track b4 and I can vouched for the noise every day, every 5-10 minutes which can be a nighmare for some. Yes, agree that Capitaland will be much better against Wing Tai in terms of also the finishing and quality but its just the location that I am pretty uncomfortable with.
    Wow, you share my exact same views. Maybe we can be neighbours next time ;-) Anyway, I have been checking out the site, and it seems to me that they are building the condo at the same time they are building the showflat. I suppose the 99yr leasehold means that the developers cannot choose to sit on the plot of land and wait out the recession even if they did acquire the land at peak prices in 2007.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teresa
    Thanks and I have in fact also consider Metropolitan but I felt that its really too close to the MRT track unless you are able to get a unit facing Tanglin road. I've previously stayed near a MRT track b4 and I can vouched for the noise every day, every 5-10 minutes which can be a nighmare for some. Yes, agree that Capitaland will be much better against Wing Tai in terms of also the finishing and quality but its just the location that I am pretty uncomfortable with.

I agree on the track part. Therefore, your best bet is to sniff out the best deal now for the units facing Tanglin. The TOP is expected to be in Jul/Aug this year. So keep a look out a few months before Jul and you should get a good deal facing Tanglin...

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    I like what you say. In fact I think you're the first to say this. Give those in the deep some breathing space.

I hope you will get the best deal.
    hey

i always believe that ..let the next person make some money ..

a friend of mine bought a old 20 yr unit at 750k (1560 sqft) 10yrs ago ..
    during the last boom ...someone was willing to pay 2 mio for it ...as there was enbloc talks at that time ...

i told my friend to let it go ..pocket the money ...but he wasnt ready to let the other person make some money ( if enbloc, would be 2.5-2.8 mio)

i said let it go ... you make 1 mio , let the next buyer make 0.5-0.8m but he takes over the RISK (if no enbloc) ...

he didnt sell ...

true enuff enbloc didnt go thru ... now its back to 850 psf

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    hey

during the last boom ...someone was willing to pay 2 mio for it ...as there was enbloc talks at that time ...

i told my friend to let it go ..pocket the money ...but he wasnt ready to let the other person make some money ( if enbloc, would be 2.5-2.8 mio)

i said let it go ... you make 1 mio , let the next buyer make 0.5-0.8m but he takes over the RISK (if no enbloc) ...

he didnt sell ...

Risk, I like this word.

Junior

User Info Menu

Yup.. I have come to believe that in every investment.. there is a cycle..

Equities, Bonds, Properties..

The problem with most people is not knowing when to sell..
    There is always opportunities around when you have cash..
    So, why want to hang on to the last drop of profit ..

Got enough profit, you identify a better opportunity..
    cash out and get into the other one.

Don't just play property alone..

But this time round..keke.. everything goes down together..Not like last time.. sell out of the equities bull in time for the property boom ..then sell out of property boom in time for the next equities bull
    So I think invest in any of the asset class is safe.. maybe bonds not as attractive reward relative to equities and properties.

TCSS

User Info Menu

hey

he didnt sell ...

What a waste. You provided a sound advise but it was not sold. Otherwise he would had made a good profit. A typical case of not having a clear mind and being too greedy. Paper gain is not real.

Always make some profit when there is still opportunity and let the next person win some & bear the risk.

You are indeed an expert. I also learnt the same from others. It's like a soccer game. Don't hold on to the ball for too long, pass it to the next player. He's the one who will get tackle not you.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    What a waste. You provided a sound advise but it was not sold. Otherwise he would had made a good profit. A typical case of not having a clear mind and being too greedy. Paper gain is not real.

Always make some profit when there is still opportunity and let the next person win some & bear the risk.

You are indeed an expert. I also learnt the same from others. It's like a soccer game. Don't hold on to the ball for too long, pass it to the next player. He's the one who will get tackle not you.
    know someone who simply refused to sell cos the home is a retirement home for him... End up place kena enbloc, pocketed a bundle, but till today still kpkb and unhappy about the loss of his home... the irony hahaha

User Info Menu

For me, if Ascentia Sky launches at around 800psf, I will buy it as I am able to afford it without much difficulty. I am confident when the market turns around in 2-3 years time, the prices will be able to move up another 10-20% without much difficulty. This is just my thoughts.[/quote]

Ascentia Sky by Wing Tai will not be at S$800psf. Imagine they bought at peak of 605psf. Build up cost let say on low side is S$350psf. To balance the cost is min S$955psf. Normally a profit gain of 10-15%, the price is at least 1050psf onward.
    If they sell at S$1000psf after discount for the 1st hour on a VVIP launch.

I think if they sell 80 units at 1050psf. their share will fall another 15 to 25 cts on that day.

Metropolitan by now is still can get better bargain before TOP.
    Developer price for facing redhill MRT is ave S$700psf, and facing tanglin is S$800psf. Am i right.

User Info Menu

hey

he didnt sell ...

Haha... I have a friend with similar situation. Owning a 5-Rm HDB (Not staying) and not willing to sell at the last boom which he can pocket about double the purchase price. His reason is due to short of 20K from his target price. After the drastic drop, he is more not willing to sell. Finally, after close to 10 years, he then managed to sell now. Should have sold previously and imagine what you could do with the money then till now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    For me, if Ascentia Sky launches at around 800psf, I will buy it as I am able to afford it without much difficulty. I am confident when the market turns around in 2-3 years time, the prices will be able to move up another 10-20% without much difficulty. This is just my thoughts.
    Ascentia Sky by Wing Tai will not be at S$800psf. Imagine they bought at peak of 605psf. Build up cost let say on low side is S$350psf. To balance the cost is min S$955psf. Normally a profit gain of 10-15%, the price is at least 1050psf onward.
    If they sell at S$1000psf after discount for the 1st hour on a VVIP launch.

I think if they sell 80 units at 1050psf. their share will fall another 15 to 25 cts on that day.

Metropolitan by now is still can get better bargain before TOP.
    Developer price for facing redhill MRT is ave S$700psf, and facing tanglin is S$800psf. Am i right.[/quote]

Yes, I think it will be rather interesting to wait and see what will be the eventual launch price for Ascentia Sky. Developer will have to strategize and price it correctly in order to maximize their sale, too high and they will end up with no takers, too low and they can't maximize their profits.

But if they were to launch it at anything above 1000psf, only the brave heart may bite, not me as I am still sceptical about the economy which is not only affecting the property markets, but having a ripple effect on the stock markets as well.

Hmmm, I am still not too comfi with the 99LH tag, just me.