Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015202530 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

well, if they do move in upon TOP, then they can go and pray everyday! . I'm not sure how much your ad would cost for online pptyguru but should also be more words cost more right? How about just doing a short and sweet one especially for AS?

For Sale: The XXXX, $1350psf
    Excellent potential, and grossly underpriced considering people are paying $900psf for views of a cemetary; $1100psf to overlook the PIE and KTVs at Balestier; and $1200psf to live life as Ikea-shopping hobbits. Pay a slight premium and listen to the train hum by. Greenery with bay windows and planters in ALL your bedrooms. More greenery with planter and balcony bigger than your living room. From only 1.2m, The Sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    somehow i've got this feeling that it'll be sold out as well. If this is the case, it'll not be so much of a bunch of morons praying hard, they will need a papal blessing or a sign from God. (is the TOP 2012? )

I'm really considering blowing a few bucks to post up this ad on propguru and other places - just afraid it'll piss people off for sure, so i'll prob just take one of the agents numbers scribbled behind toilet doors as a contact number.
    _______

For Sale: The XXXX, $3500psf
    Excellent potential, and grossly underpriced considering people are paying $900psf for views of a cemetary; $1100psf to overlook the PIE and KTVs at Balestier; and $1200psf to live life as Ikea-shopping hobbits.

The XXXX delivers some of the freshest sea and gardens air around; and ensures NO lingering fragrance of decomposing bodies; NO lao pek pek peeking from his flat with binoculars on your nubile wife; and is certified fit for those above 1.2m to live in comfortably.
    With low conservancy and truly central to where it matters in Singapore, save heaps of money on hefty exorcism fees and avoid stuff like resurfacing corpses and midget fetishes. And because it's truly central, you can put on your drabs and indulge in HDB fantasies by walking to the nearby Chinatown HDB estate for free! Save the millions which other developers are obviously charging you extra for that 'Heartland' experience.

For male buyers, in a couple of years, you can start to indulge in the company of multitudes of tier-1 eastern european beauties, drink expensive martinis, and pretend your first name is James. For female buyers, fill up your obviously newly freed time from your husbands with in-condo spas and pilate classes; or get a buff personal trainer from the Dominican Republic just for yourself.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2007/pr07-138a2.pdf

btw, there are 2 more upcoming developments beside and behind AS in the future.

AS is the area marked LAND PARCEL. There's a plot of land symetrical in size it seems right beside it. Another plot of land is behind them and pretty near the mrt station.

Also, as shown in the picture, the MRT track does run above a small part of Metropolitan.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Neither, both sucks big time. Would either buy FREEHOLD at Tiong Baru area, HDB across the road or just rent until both this projects drop to $700 psf in a few years time if die2 must stay at Redhill. It has happended to early buyers of Queens and it will happen to buyers of Metro and AS above $700 psf. So what if Wingtai bought the land at over $650 psf from govt? Let the developer die and I say it even though I hold shares of Wingtai and other developers. They are getting greedy again and if developer is greedy, there can be only 1 loser and that is the buyer.
    You are not comparing apple to apple. However, I do agree with you to get Tiong Baru freehold is better. But the price different will be even greater. Please quote me a freehold property in Tiong Baru selling at Metro asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    Ha ha... i blow mine big big....

If anyone is thinking of getting a unit at AS for $1350 psf.... i got a better option for you...

The Wharf Residence, high floor, biggest of the 2 bedder.... same price, $1350 psf. Why settle for fringe of the City, when you can be IN THE CITY for the same price.

PM for more details!

cheers,
    If comparing AS vs Wharf, the same price, Wharf is definately better being freehold and location. The only difference is the distance to MRT which is still a major pull factor for those not driving.

In addition, AS & Metro have their advantages for being near HDB. For young couples wanting to stay near parents and in private property, these are the few new property that they will consider. Not all people have rich parents staying at D9, D10 & D11.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2007/pr07-138a2.pdf

btw, there are 2 more upcoming developments beside and behind AS in the future.

AS is the area marked LAND PARCEL. There's a plot of land symetrical in size it seems right beside it. Another plot of land is behind them and pretty near the mrt station.

Also, as shown in the picture, the MRT track does run above a small part of Metropolitan.
    The interesting part will be the bid price for these 2 plot of land.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    You are not comparing apple to apple. However, I do agree with you to get Tiong Baru freehold is better. But the price different will be even greater. Please quote me a freehold property in Tiong Baru selling at Metro asking price.
    Please get your own agents to do the leg work for you if you are interested to know if there is any price difference, be it great or small. And its pointless to tell me its not an Apple-Apple comparison since its for me to decide, not the seller. The seller can state all the differences, but if I choose to say they are both apples, they shall be apples.

Haha ... yalor. Simi apple-apple, orange-orange ... no two properties are exactly the same rite? Anyway, if really want FH around that area, some pp would have considered Alexis (if it's not that mickey mouse kinda small lah).

feels kinda scary after going thru the so many posts here in this thread ... how come so expensive one!? OMG ... unbelievable.

Hope that the potential buyers don't encourage the developer by cheeoonging into this one .. *fingers crossed*

maybe cross toes 2 ..

Seems like many people like to either talk up or down the market here. The reality is if the government is putting a lot of effort to increase population in Singapore and with much fewer expats/foreigners leaving the country than expected (read recent report by Credit Suisse), then housing prices, and even rents, will edge up. These prices are still far behind and below our neighbour competitor, Hong Kong.

Just my two cents.

Check singstats.gov for a breakdown of our population if they do publish it - our population count today includes transients that may not necessarily be able to afford condos.

What the government is doing is bringing in a whole new class of people - the whales - into Singapore, and in so doing promote a whole new cohort of supporting services ($ management, comps, promos, lifestyleetc) to support this new class. But this supporting cohort may not translate into so much cashflow for the majority of the population to such an extent they will rent cemetary and HDB condos for good money.

the whales will get comped at the IRs. their money managers will stay at MBR, Icon and One Shenton etc.

There will be a significant fragmentation of the social stratas in time to come.

And very likely, traditional 'hot' areas will be redefined in time to come (say bye bye Orchard?)

Prices already coming out. I was quoted 1200psf for mid-floor low #2x for 4 bedder at 1200psf AFTER the 5% early bird discount. "ONLY" 2.2m! Wow! Buy and Regret!
    I think only those that earn about $20K per month can afford this property. Say, if the property is at $1.5 m, the bank loan of 80% which is $1.2 m, the monthly repayment is about $7200 per month. So base on 35% of their income ( $20K ) the amount is $7000. I wonder why Singaporean can be so rich, not forgetting the 20% down payment of $300,000.00.

After buying, how much do they think the property will appreciate to......

Not sure how you calcuated $7,000 per month for monthly mortgage repayment. If you are buying the place for 1.5 million, 80% loan is 1.2 million, and say at 2% interest rate (which is what is offering now from most of the banks, some even lower) for a 30-year tenure, the monthly instalment should be $4,435...

Quote Originally Posted by hlam
    Not sure how you calcuated $7,000 per month for monthly mortgage repayment. If you are buying the place for 1.5 million, 80% loan is 1.2 million, and say at 2% interest rate (which is what is offering now from most of the banks, some even lower) for a 30-year tenure, the monthly instalment should be $4,435...
    I base on $1.2 m @ 2.5% fixed rate for 20 years tenure (est.), correct me if my calculation is wrong.

If 2.5% fixed rate for 20-year tenure, then the monthly instalment is $6,356. From my understanding, there is no fixed rate in Singapore, might as well go for the lowest rate in town (which is around 1.5%) and get a longer tenure and opt for no lock-in period. You can always change to another bank which offers better terms in the future or change your loan tenure

This condo is for those with ass sense so sure sell sky high prices. Thus, the name ass sense sure sky.

Great name, great balcony with planter and great bay window.. Some people just use their ass to think. But rich, got money to burn, not our problem.. If buy 1300psf, 1400psf to breakeven. Who in the right mind will buy 1450psf condo in city fringe location? And the worst thing is 30% space gone, HDB friendly condo (opposite only, can say hello anytime) and aromatic music by the tracks. People offer by the bay living, this one is by the tracks living.

Hahahahahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by hlam
    If 2.5% fixed rate for 20-year tenure, then the monthly instalment is $6,356. From my understanding, there is no fixed rate in Singapore, might as well go for the lowest rate in town (which is around 1.5%) and get a longer tenure and opt for no lock-in period. You can always change to another bank which offers better terms in the future or change your loan tenure
    Dear Hiam,

Your advice sounds like you are either working for the bank, property agency or....

To suggest that one takes the lowest rate is fine but to take a longer tenure loan like 30 yrs means paying a lot more for interests which benefits the bank only. And with rates being historically low, it just mean there is greater upside potential for interests to move up than to go down and this is exactly what killed the US home owners when interests start increasing after their preferential rates are over.

You also make it sound so easy to just change to another bank when rates become unfavorable. There are usually some switching costs involved and if the value of the property has declined (usually the case unless buyesr feel the market is going to rocket from now onwards, thus likely to already have off-loaded the property at a profit), you will have to TOP UP to get out of existing loan since the new bank is likely only going to loan you lesser than the outstanding principal (even if they give 100% loan but valuation would have dropped). Thus most people just stick to their existing bank since its financially painful or impossible to come out with cash to get out of existing loan, paying the higher interests that the existing bank charges as the banks knows you have no where to run to anyway.

If the market continue to rise instead of correcting further vs end-2008 prices, Singapore is going to have its own sub-prime and it will get really ugly.

i wonder which bank so garang, dare to match valuation for AS at 1300psf. Yet they are unwilling to match lower valuations for completed properties! Forgot to ask agent if they are providing the IAS. In any case, even IAS, if property prices falls significantly between now and completion date, buyers must be prepared to top up before they disburse the next 80%.

i wonder which bank so garang, dare to match valuation for AS at 1300psf. Yet they are unwilling to match lower valuations for completed properties! Forgot to ask agent if they are providing the IAS. In any case, even IAS, if property prices falls significantly between now and completion date, buyers must be prepared to top up before they disburse the next 80%.
    One time for sure banks are matching valuations for new launch! But not really matching for sub sale and resale properties. Why????? Simple, this is to clear stocks for new launch. As I believe, most buyers mind set are since valuation match, safe to buy. But they never knon even with IAS, if valuation drop in 2 years time, you be asked for top up too.

that's a terrible conspiracy between banks, valuers and developers...economically, that is not logical at all.

there could also be another mindset. since banks are unwilling to match for sub sale and resale properties, buyers are unable to get these, so they have "no choice" but to buy from these new launches where banks are willing to lend, regardless of whether it is safe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    One time for sure banks are matching valuations for new launch! But not really matching for sub sale and resale properties. Why????? Simple, this is to clear stocks for new launch. As I believe, most buyers mind set are since valuation match, safe to buy. But they never knon even with IAS, if valuation drop in 2 years time, you be asked for top up too.

that's a terrible conspiracy between banks, valuers and developers...economically, that is not logical at all.

there could also be another mindset. since banks are unwilling to match for sub sale and resale properties, buyers are unable to get these, so they have "no choice" but to buy from these new launches where banks are willing to lend, regardless of whether it is safe or not.
    Logic? Since when is the last time you heard this word? I was at Parc Seabreeze last weekend. Happens to bum into a banker that served me few times. So we TCSS and he asked me why not buying since I can afford and the bank can support the valuation and also of the IAS.
    I bluf him saying I need to sell my OA or reflection to cash out and buy PSB. I asked him what is the valuation and he tell me my OA only about 950psf and reflection about 1500psf.
    What a joke!!!!

Yup, I will buy prac seabreeze. When the fire start I will get it below 999psf.

pardon my ignorance, what is the full name of OA?

Logic? Since when is the last time you heard this word? I was at Parc Seabreeze last weekend. Happens to bum into a banker that served me few times. So we TCSS and he asked me why not buying since I can afford and the bank can support the valuation and also of the IAS.
    I bluf him saying I need to sell my OA or reflection to cash out and buy PSB. I asked him what is the valuation and he tell me my OA only about 950psf and reflection about 1500psf.
    What a joke!!!!

Yup, I will buy prac seabreeze. When the fire start I will get it below 999psf.

pardon my ignorance, what is the full name of OA?
    one amber. I bought one few months back. 8xxpsf, pool view

hahaha, OA valuation 950psf, AS 1300psf. shows how irrational the market is getting.

one amber. I bought one few months back. 8xxpsf, pool view

yeah, good chance for you to exit your wharf at a tidy profit. not to forget, luxurious sized capitaland bedrooms without planters in them.
    got planter lah.. but small ones... have to be truthful about out products.. otherwise, we will be no different from some (not all) of the scum housing agents...

but yes, nice and big bedrooms that can fit in king size bed in both.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    some buyers like the soothing sound of mrt leh.. wharf got??
    MRT Sound is easy to replicate... i can throw in a Boss system and on top of that, i go Clementi MRT station and record 1 hour of that sound, so that the buyer can sooth himself with the Boss surround sound system! how's that?

so how? half sold out already anot??

i thought planter only in living room and not in bedroom for your Wharf? even if bedroom have, its those type can level off and step out type and obviously no bay windows there. no one can beat AS liao, BAY WINDOW + PLANTER (obviously cannot step out type) IN MOST BEDROOMS.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    got planter lah.. but small ones... have to be truthful about out products.. otherwise, we will be no different from some (not all) of the scum housing agents...

but yes, nice and big bedrooms that can fit in king size bed in both.

Default Latest news!

Latest update on Ascentia Sky

Released units only on #13, #20 and #36 floor.

Price about 1091psf to 1361psf.

Enjoy early 'bird' discount of additional 2% only chq is collected.

Any interested parties, can call me.

Thanks

so its 10xx to 13xxpsf, not as much as we had earlier thought. nonetheless still a crazy price considering the lousy layout of the units.

so its 10xx to 13xxpsf, not as much as we had earlier thought. nonetheless still a crazy price considering the lousy layout of the units.
    Honestly, I'm trying to figure out what is good about AS?
    Every room has a planter + living room has a planter and a Big balcony.
    Can someone calculate roughly what are the total size of planters and balcony? at 1200psf. close to 100K?

Isn't it better off buying Met?
    Qualify: I'm not a Met owner nor any ppty owner, i am looking for one unit for investment too.