Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    All area are part of gross floor area computation. The only exception is the plant and bay window but not totally. Only limited to what I mentioned earlier.
    Oh ... learn something here .. so balcony looks alright then ... u pay for something that is accounted for

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Oh ... learn something here .. so balcony looks alright then ... u pay for something that is accounted for
    So what if it is accounted for? You are still paying for it and developer is also making profit out of it. Unless you sleep there or watch TV there.

Imagine that if you have a big balcony two times or three times the size of an average planter and no views. It will only be your store area. Unless you block up the balcony with windows and convert it to an indoor area.

Moral of the story. If you think you need a planter/bay window/balcony and has use for it, get it. Otherwise, don't.

Smile

So what if it is accounted for? You are still paying for it and developer is also making profit out of it. Unless you sleep there or watch TV there.

Imagine that if you have a big balcony two times or three times the size of an average planter and no views. It will only be your store area. Unless you block up the balcony with windows and convert it to an indoor area.

Moral of the story. If you think you need a planter/bay window/balcony and has use for it, get it. Otherwise, don't.
    Hi Vin002, can't agree more with you. This is exactly what i want to say.Another way of presenting - since kitchen/WC/HS are also accounted for, does that means that a layout of biig kitchen/WC/HS is ok? The point of emphasis is "use-able space"In fact, strictly speaking, Kitchen/WC/HS are considered use-able space and Bay window/Planters/Balcony are not consider use-able space. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong. So therefore, if we agree of no point of having a too big kitchen/HS/WC layout (considered use-able space), all the more worse if ithe layout is a every room comes with bay window and planters + a big Balcony (considered unuse-able space) :-(

no wonder Ass censure Sai have such thin planters which cannot step out.

All area are part of gross floor area computation. The only exception is the plant and bay window but not totally. Only limited to what I mentioned earlier.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What are the projects that come with lots of bay windows, planter areas and large balcony? I will give a pricing of 10% discount on psf basis compared to neighbouring condo estate's units if I am going to buy. One example I knew of is Newton One (and owner asking for $1600 psf or more). Ha ha ha! I fell off the chair after hearing that. If close by Park Infinia selling at $12xx psf, then we should price Newton One with another 10% discount?

Quote Originally Posted by esurprise
    Hi Vin002, can't agree more with you. This is exactly what i want to say.Another way of presenting - since kitchen/WC/HS are also accounted for, does that means that a layout of biig kitchen/WC/HS is ok? The point of emphasis is "use-able space"In fact, strictly speaking, Kitchen/WC/HS are considered use-able space and Bay window/Planters/Balcony are not consider use-able space. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong. So therefore, if we agree of no point of having a too big kitchen/HS/WC layout (considered use-able space), all the more worse if ithe layout is a every room comes with bay window and planters + a big Balcony (considered unuse-able space) :-(

heard from some agents that all agents' eyes are on this project. If this project can sellout at such ridiculous prices, the whole market will move with it.....

stock market falling liao, maybe buyers will be more rational this weekend? hee

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    heard from some agents that all agents' eyes are on this project. If this project can sellout at such ridiculous prices, the whole market will move with it.....

actually we do need these buyers to flog the once dead property market back to life again. property owners are all gearing up for the next property wave to offload our condos for a profit so this could be a good sign. Anything below 1350psf average for this project is okay, if not i would have to lay my manhood on the chopping board...lol

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

You mean Ascentia Sky? What price do you consider to be ridiculous and what is considered sensible?

chey of course when u shop around, if u don't like the layout u shldn't be buying lah ... the best if u've $$ to build your own home, then u can have design as much usable spaces as u wish mah ...

Time to have property buyers' education NOW! Tell them that when they see those condos with BIG BIG bay windows, planter areas, air-con ledges and balcony etc, make a discount on the PSF compared to neighbouring condos that don't have these useless space and don't pay for them! (Don't need to be 'carrot head' to such developers!).

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Time to have property buyers' education NOW! Tell them that when they see those condos with BIG BIG bay windows, planter areas, air-con ledges and balcony etc, make a discount on the PSF compared to neighbouring condos that don't have these useless space and don't pay for them! (Don't need to be 'carrot head' to such developers!).
    A bit of misconception here...

1) Developers have to pay a DC for the balcony. It is not free.
    2) Planters are free. It forms part of the 10% efficiency allowed by SLA. However, there is still construction cost involved.
    a) Construction cost in today's market for a normal GFA is about $500. For balcony and Planters it would be about $250 psf.
    b) this does not include the professional fees yet. All in the construction cost of Planters shoudl be in the region of $300 and for Balconly should be in the region of $400.

So to walk away with the conception that these are free and therefore we shoudl get a 10% discount, may not be entirely true. Developers do need to pay for them. They just don't pay as much. But that is also why, apartments with large PES are usually cheaper in the PSF.

BTW, Private lift lobby also falls under the extra 10% that SLA allows. and bear in mind, we usually pay FULL price for private lift lobby.

In any case, as someone who has commented previously, buy it only if you like it. I for one love a large PES, and would gladly pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Another misconception. Stock market and property market is not co-related. Otherwise, you will see property prices every week moving up and moving down.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng

In any case, as someone who has commented previously, buy it only if you like it. I for one love a large PES, and would gladly pay for it.
    This is what I trying to say. Buy only if you like it and nothing is free. All come with a cost.

Actually, I prefer to give the developer the benefit of the doubt. With the extra space (Planter, bay window, lift lobby, etc) allowed by URA, their margin will be better. Without the extra space, meaning their margin will be affected. So in order to protect their margine, what do you think all the developer will do? The further new property prices will mean that the psf will be higher. This is good for those holding property as the prices will continue to raise. But not so for those hunting for new property without any property on hand.

I think without the planter or bay window for AS, the psf will need to be at least selling at $1500psf!

Another misconception. Stock market and property market is not co-related. Otherwise, you will see property prices every week moving up and moving down.
    actually property and stock market are co-related. Property price usually lag behind the stock market by about 6 months...

The funny thing is that this time round, it actually tracks the stock market almost immediately.

actually property and stock market are co-related. Property price usually lag behind the stock market by about 6 months...

The funny thing is that this time round, it actually tracks the stock market almost immediately.
    It is only true after a certain strong rally or crisis. Eg. STI from 1500 to current 2200.

People here as saying the the weekly STI gain or loss is affecting the property market prices. I can safely say that even if STI drop to 1900, the property price will not be affected. It will only if STI back to 1500 levels.

In the past, do you see property prices drop in every STI correction?

For pte property, other than as an investment assets, it is also a shelter for majority.

It is only true after a certain strong rally or crisis. Eg. STI from 1500 to current 2200.

People here as saying the the weekly STI gain or loss is affecting the property market prices. I can safely say that even if STI drop to 1900, the property price will not be affected. It will only if STI back to 1500 levels.

In the past, do you see property prices drop in every STI correction?

For pte property, other than as an investment assets, it is also a shelter for majority.
    But what are the chances of 1500? Even 1900 may not happen. Guess by end of this year should hit 2700.

2) Planters are free. It forms part of the 10% efficiency allowed by SLA. However, there is still construction cost involved.
    a) Construction cost in today's market for a normal GFA is about $500. For balcony and Planters it would be about $250 psf.
    b) this does not include the professional fees yet. All in the construction cost of Planters shoudl be in the region of $300 and for Balconly should be in the region of $400.

So to walk away with the conception that these are free and therefore we shoudl get a 10% discount, may not be entirely true. Developers do need to pay for them. They just don't pay as much. But that is also why, apartments with large PES are usually cheaper in the PSF.

BTW, Private lift lobby also falls under the extra 10% that SLA allows. and bear in mind, we usually pay FULL price for private lift lobby.

Surely DC are paid for the balcony area. However, can someone make some intelligent guess why would the designer wants to build so many planters in each individual unit? is it for a noble reason to beautify the block? or because it is free space for bay window and planters, thus more margin?

All you need is just one smart alec to come up with the idea of lets throw in planters in every room and bay window and knowing singaporean will surely buy. By the way, lets throw in a good branding by calling it "Tanglin" and lastly during preview, give some inital discount to create the hype and re-adjust the price up subsequently. All this marketing strategy we know lah. Met official address is Alexandra road. Can someone educate us which part of the subject matter is in Tanglin? Does it sound right to rename Redhill MRT station to Tanglin MRT Station?

As for contruction price, every items in the unit sure have construction cost lah. but at least don't design the bay window and planters like this so obvious want to squeeze buyer.

To be fair, I know of one project in Parc Centenial also have planters and Bay Window in every room and 2 balconies (living and master room) in D9. FH. How much did they sell finally? avg 1183psf to 1250psf in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    But what are the chances of 1500? Even 1900 may not happen. Guess by end of this year should hit 2700.

Personally i think, if the STI does drop further or an obvious sideway correction, it will at least cue developers to think twice before setting prices to test and test the market and see anymore Singaporean/foreigner will bite?

the worst case it can happens is to stop the launch and relaunch in a near future with adjusted price down.

Surely DC are paid for the balcony area. However, can someone make some intelligent guess why would the designer wants to build so many planters in each individual unit? is it for a noble reason to beautify the block? or because it is free space for bay window and planters, thus more margin?

All you need is just one smart alec to come up with the idea of lets throw in planters in every room and bay window and knowing singaporean will surely buy. By the way, lets throw in a good branding by calling it "Tanglin" and lastly during preview, give some inital discount to create the hype and re-adjust the price up subsequently. All this marketing strategy we know lah. Met official address is Alexandra road. Can someone educate us which part of the subject matter is in Tanglin? Does it sound right to rename Redhill MRT station to Tanglin MRT Station?

As for contruction price, every items in the unit sure have construction cost lah. but at least don't design the bay window and planters like this so obvious want to squeeze buyer.

To be fair, I know of one project in Parc Centenial also have planters and Bay Window in every room and 2 balconies (living and master room) in D9. FH. How much did they sell finally? avg 1183psf to 1250psf in May.
    I totally see your point. But if i am a developer, and i don't use Bay windows and planters, the project will end up with lift lobbies that is damn big.

What ever marketing strategies a developer use, is all part of what they need to do mah. it is really up to the buyer to get sucked in or not.

same for bay windows and planters. If nobody wants these, do you really think it would still be in designs everywhere? It may not suit all people, but i am pretty sure someone out there like this kind of things, and there is obviously a large enough group, so much so that developers are still doing it.

Parc Centennial, exactly, because they have large balcony, planters and bay windows, that is why the psf can be so low. Had it been none of those, you will probably end up with a higher psf. So essentially, developers are giving you more, for less money... hahaha

Met official address is Alexandra View which is due to the new road created and named as Alexandra View. This new road is turned in from Alexandra road which is a very long road.

I totally see your point. But if i am a developer, and i don't use Bay windows and planters, the project will end up with lift lobbies that is damn big.

What ever marketing strategies a developer use, is all part of what they need to do mah. it is really up to the buyer to get sucked in or not.

same for bay windows and planters. If nobody wants these, do you really think it would still be in designs everywhere? It may not suit all people, but i am pretty sure someone out there like this kind of things, and there is obviously a large enough group, so much so that developers are still doing it.

Parc Centennial, exactly, because they have large balcony, planters and bay windows, that is why the psf can be so low. Had it been none of those, you will probably end up with a higher psf. So essentially, developers are giving you more, for less money... hahaha

Yeah, it is summarised as a "Willing Buyer, Willing Seller" and in this case, the seller suck becuase this kind of lousy design selling at $1300psf also want to cheong and buy.

I differ your point about PC, at least for PC, they design it this way, they charge lower price and everyone happy and fair. For "Redhill condon", design this way, 99yrs and charge higher. Where is the logic? got logic or not, will be determine by each individual potential buyer at launch time. Like Election like that.

Maybe it should be called "Willing Seller Sucking Buyer" :-)

Thanks for seeing my point.

BIG Planters & bay windows - useless to 99.999% of people.
    BIG air-con ledges - lagi 100% useless to all people (what is the point when the air-con compressors only occupies a small part of it? - I have seen so many condos with very large air-con ledges!)
    BIG balconies - useless to 99.9% of the people (small one to stand there for a while and watch scenery will do).
    So, buyers should be more cleverer and discount all these useless spaces (regardless of how much it will cost developers because it definitely cost very much less to build these but developers can charge a lot more otherwise you won't see such 'creating accounting' in the unit size for sale!).

BIG air-con ledges - lagi 100% useless to all people (what is the point when the air-con compressors only occupies a small part of it? - I have seen so many condos with very large air-con ledges!)
    BIG balconies - useless to 99.9% of the people (small one to stand there for a while and watch scenery will do).
    So, buyers should be more cleverer and discount all these useless spaces (regardless of how much it will cost developers because it definitely cost very much less to build these but developers can charge a lot more otherwise you won't see such 'creating accounting' in the unit size for sale!).
    Wow, i like your 'creating accounting' in the unit size for sales explaination.

Please try to discount that when you buy from developer and tell us if you successfully done it.

no one has mentioned about the fair value for AS. I wud gv it 8xx to 9xxpsf.

hehe agree ~

we don't want kenna flammed mah. your price range is right, just nice, those buy 12xxpsf upon TOP forcesold at 9xxpsf, lose 20% deposit.

Please try to discount that when you buy from developer and tell us if you successfully done it.

Actually it is nothing to be surprise.

If developers launches projects, the response not so good, they will either drop price or very mostly likely stop the launch and relaunch it in a few months time with a more attractive prices, at the prevailing market pricing.

Alot of developers have done that, i'm sure alot of forummer are aware and have personally benefited from it in this process.

Nothing to be surprise.