Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Xarain, have you had a chance to inspect your unit. Have you noticed any visible defects or workmanship is good?

Haha xarain is like our recce scout and our eyes

yeah...XARAIN ROCKS...i been praying no defects, cuz need to renovate and move in quick quick!!

LEDANG HEIGHTS, THE FUTURE GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW CENTRAL OF NUSAJAYA/ISKANDAR

No problem guys, am sure u guys would have done the same

Surprising so far so good in defects ... Only my sliding door lock doesn't work and my security intercom seems to be disconnected.

Place is quite dusty so gotta do some area cleaning before more detailed checks can be done

Thanks Xarain, appreciate your comments. Its good to hear that you havent spotted anything major and hopefully all will be good to go.

The defects check is done by your own contractor, or yourself? I keep getting calls from agents offering to do 'free' defect inspection.hmmm...I wonder what gives?heh

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey78
    The defects check is done by your own contractor, or yourself? I keep getting calls from agents offering to do 'free' defect inspection.hmmm...I wonder what gives?heh
    Most people would delegate down to the contractor to check since before any Reno works you need to clear your defect list (to prevent disputes)

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey78
    lol does defect inspection cost anything? i dont think so.
    agents are more interested in becoming your agent, period.

will be later. But can claim rebate first.
    Quote Originally Posted by lot286
    hmm. when is the property tax bill going to come? next year?. havent received anything in the mail yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    will be later. But can claim rebate first.

HI THANKS...BUT HOW TO CLAIM WHEN THE BILL IS NOT OUT?
    ARE YOU SURE I CAN CLAIM NOW NOT KNOWING WHAT THE TAX IS NOW?

Did my defects today - nothing too major (apart from not able to turn on my intercom) - might want to pay attention to the door frames - found a couple with dents and scratches.

Uploaded a couple more pics to share

1. Living Area
    http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psa1913a52.jpg

2. MBR
    http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psd6f6fd63.jpg

3. Balcony
    http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...psc78e7fa0.jpg

4. Bravat Toliet
    http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps57b420f5.jpg

nice!...can i inquire what floor is this? just to prepare myself for the view for my apartment

Nice view... Congrats

Great share once again xarain! Any idea what restrictions management gonna impose on renovation? Was thinking of decking out the entire balcony with chengai wood but not sure if its allowed.
    From the pictures I guess it's around level 25?

The balcony+planter area is almost as big as the living hall.

Yup. Exactly. Too bad cannot combine the two. Hmmmm perhaps in a few years? Heh heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by Xarain
    there is a planter outside the bedroom bay window right?

Yes. A total gross waste of good space

It is not so bad if you have a good view like this unit. Imagine those facing the train station or a busy road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    The balcony+planter area is almost as big as the living hall.

The view would still good until Echelon comes along (will block partially from my MBR)
    Yes there is a planter box outside too.

Question - When TOP is given - does it mean that everything (i.e facilities) has to be ready? or does this only applies to the unit?

I visited the MA and made a simple point - I'm paying maintenance fee but yet the place is not 100% operational - this is not fair but they could only offer me an apology...

Why is it that some of the window panes in the MBR are frosted and some are not?

Xarain so there is no recourse? I think this whole thing done by wing tai is messed up. I mean , is there really a need to rush the TOP then make owners disappointed with the final product? I wonder if other developments are like this

The view would still good until Echelon comes along (will block partially from my MBR)
    Yes there is a planter box outside too.

Question - When TOP is given - does it mean that everything (i.e facilities) has to be ready? or does this only applies to the unit?

I visited the MA and made a simple point - I'm paying maintenance fee but yet the place is not 100% operational - this is not fair but they could only offer me an apology...
    Yes, when TOP is given, every thing (all units and all facilities) as mentioned in sales agreement has to be ready upto the last detail (even parking lots demarcation in car park lots). Have they indicated when are they likely to operationalize the facilities. It's got to be matter of days, if not, I think it's best to talk to sales department of developer directly and protest.

I agree with Osprey, the developer and / or the contractor has messed up big time with something. If project is TOP, generally takes not more than 2 months to handover the project fully completed. This one still 5 months after TOP, flooring of some units not done and facilities not operational?
    Last edited by AAAP; 27-05-13 at 15:41.

@jinxminx99 - apparently this gives the facade a nicer effect

@AAAP & Osprey78 - Lets see what they say - I spoke to the MA-Manager today and she suggested that I write in for them to escalate to Wing Tai.
    Also pointed out that with on-going works in common areas - Cables, Planks, Pails etc are scattered around which is it is a safety issue for kids / elderly who may take a tour of the area.

Xarain, thanks for the pics. I think the marble flooring and parquet look well done. Don't seem to have major cracks or bulges. . Oh yes, the paid maintenance is starting from which month? For unfortunate owners who are collecting keys in July, will they be asked to pay maintenance for May and June??

My lawyer told me that we can ask for compensation only if the developer has any delay in construction after Feb 2014. I would reckon if we are fussy over the defaults in the unit and repairs take more than 7 months from June, we could seek legal compensation.

Not sure is it the "in" thing now but the flooring - although it says compressed marble - I don't see any grains, it just looks like a white tile to me.

Maintenance is fixed - to be paid 6 months from the date you collect your keys. Don't think it is right to enforce back-payment, hence might be a 'blessing' to collect later on.

Wow that sounds like a serious lapse on their part. Xarain I really think its not fair for you to pay the maintenance when facilities aren't ready. Hope you get some respite from them in at least some compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Xarain, thanks for the pics. I think the marble flooring and parquet look well done. Don't seem to have major cracks or bulges. . Oh yes, the paid maintenance is starting from which month? For unfortunate owners who are collecting keys in July, will they be asked to pay maintenance for May and June??

My lawyer told me that we can ask for compensation only if the developer has any delay in construction after Feb 2014. I would reckon if we are fussy over the defaults in the unit and repairs take more than 7 months from June, we could seek legal compensation.
    So Confirmed no handover in June? I am unfortunate, been living in short term rental unit for 2 months at a time for 4 months now awaiting keys to AS.

Quote Originally Posted by AAAP
    So Confirmed no handover in June? I am unfortunate, been living in short term rental unit for 2 months at a time for 4 months now awaiting keys to AS.
    Bro looks like you need to extend another 2 months (include defect & Reno time)
    Handovers are happening daily - just at a snails pace (e.g MA told me only 3 hand overs for today)

Bro looks like you need to extend another 2 months (include defect & Reno time)
    Handovers are happening daily - just at a snails pace (e.g MA told me only 3 hand overs for today)
    If handover in July + 2 months = September move in....