Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38131823242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

the MRT noise is killing me. I am facing South and high floor!
    LEDANG HEIGHTS, THE FUTURE GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW CENTRAL OF NUSAJAYA/ISKANDAR

Quote Originally Posted by lot286
    the MRT noise is killing me. I am facing South and high floor!
    Don't worry, you will not notice it after staying there for a few months.

umm.. are you guys gonna use the outdoor blinds as recommended by mangaement? i mean it's even thinner than my indoor curtains!!

hmm they even say my blinds cannot exceed the planter on the balcony. i mean. ->

Am definitely using outdoor blinds as will be moving dining to balcony

Osprey, are you going to put the same type of blinds recommended by management?

I have not have the time to go see the Management sample so will make a trip on tues/wed to check them out.

Ok, Keys collected today. Spent almost the whole day in AS. First impressions.

1. Still plenty of work remaining for many units as well as common areas. Place is noisy as hell with all the hacking.
    2. My unit itself - all bedroom parquet flooring appeared uneven and hollow at many places. Wing Tai Cust service staff themselves pointed out to me that parquet got to be redone.
    3. Some water ponding in Master Bathroom. Otherwise no defects.
    4. The common areas are ok. Was very hazy today, so could not get in the view.

More later.

Was there today as well. It was HAZY as hell man. Bad time to collect keys at this time of the year. Does great injustice to the view.

Some pointers on my side:
    1) Check the joints at the false ceilings. I have many crack lines appearing at the edges where the false ceilings end.

2) Timber strip flooring : check for gaps and scratches

3) sliding doors able to lock

4) Windows are a big bug bear. Check if can lock. And most importantly , the stopper long the sliding (bottom) should be working and sit into the catch fine. 4 of my windows including Master bedroom has the 'PRESS' catch BROKEN. You can see the metal broken off cleanly and the window can open FULLY without depressing the 'PRESS' button on the sliding edge.

5) Stains along tiles

6) They are using Schneider electric switches...impressive. But some of them after pressing to "ON" the 'red indicating' window doesn't appear, however some do. Not sure if it's supposed to be like this. It's a mechanical red indication so i think it should be shown regardless if something is connected. Go press all your switches and you know what i mean.

That's all i have to share. I must say i'm pretty disappointed with the gym (VERY SMALL) and the so-called relaxation lofts are so tiny ....hmmm..how to provide for entire blocks?

Submitted my second round of defects today ...

1) finishing from the "frosted" glass is very patchy
    2) Ponding on my toilet floors
    3) Was testing my fridge by opening/closing and the whole door came out ....
    4) new cracks appearing on the walls and aircon ducts

Looks like they will be even more busy.

Funny how they decided to use parquet floor for the gym .. Couple of months time it will be scratched and dented

the land opposite asky and next to MRT station just closed for tender..

the land opposite asky and next to MRT station just closed for tender..
    U sure or not?
    Still under reserve list right?

Wow xarain 2nd round? They allowed your contractors to do Reno and submit defects again arh?

If they launch another project. Our place is gg to be REAL congested. Imagine red hill mrt serving so many residents?! They should do a mall at least IMO

yes someone told me the signboard on the land itself says 'TENDER CLOSED' ...and some chap @ Echelon told me he estimate 1000+ units to go on as the site is bigger than ASKY and ECHELON itself.

dont forget Alex view Parcel B was also sold recently to Singhomes (right of Echelon) and below that itself, is still a piece of reserved land not sold.

So let's see, if all parcels are built on = ASKY (400) + ECHELON (550) + Land parcel A MRT side (1000) + SINGLAND (300 estimate) + empty land (say 300) = 2600 apartments??

Ooooh...please! Not johor again!

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey78
    Was there today as well. It was HAZY as hell man. Bad time to collect keys at this time of the year. Does great injustice to the view.

Some pointers on my side:
    1) Check the joints at the false ceilings. I have many crack lines appearing at the edges where the false ceilings end.

2) Timber strip flooring : check for gaps and scratches

3) sliding doors able to lock

4) Windows are a big bug bear. Check if can lock. And most importantly , the stopper long the sliding (bottom) should be working and sit into the catch fine. 4 of my windows including Master bedroom has the 'PRESS' catch BROKEN. You can see the metal broken off cleanly and the window can open FULLY without depressing the 'PRESS' button on the sliding edge.

5) Stains along tiles

6) They are using Schneider electric switches...impressive. But some of them after pressing to "ON" the 'red indicating' window doesn't appear, however some do. Not sure if it's supposed to be like this. It's a mechanical red indication so i think it should be shown regardless if something is connected. Go press all your switches and you know what i mean.

That's all i have to share. I must say i'm pretty disappointed with the gym (VERY SMALL) and the so-called relaxation lofts are so tiny ....hmmm..how to provide for entire blocks?
    Must say I quite agree with you on the gym and relaxation lofts. They seem a letdown. I thought they had hammocks there too. Couldn't see them. The function room on level45 is also too small.

yes someone told me the signboard on the land itself says 'TENDER CLOSED' ...and some chap @ Echelon told me he estimate 1000+ units to go on as the site is bigger than ASKY and ECHELON itself.

dont forget Alex view Parcel B was also sold recently to Singhomes (right of Echelon) and below that itself, is still a piece of reserved land not sold.

So let's see, if all parcels are built on = ASKY (400) + ECHELON (550) + Land parcel A MRT side (1000) + SINGLAND (300 estimate) + empty land (say 300) = 2600 apartments??
    haha, that's what I told the Echelon agent when he said that Dleedon is too big with more than 1700 units.

Quote Originally Posted by AAAP
    Must say I quite agree with you on the gym and relaxation lofts. They seem a letdown. I thought they had hammocks there too. Couldn't see them. The function room on level45 is also too small.
    I saw two hammocks but these are not the conventional types but an artistic interpretation. It's from Royal Botania, a company that does luxury outdoor furniture. It looks like a rocking chair with a flat fabric on top instead of a chair.

Got my keys last Monday and first thing I found when entering the unit is.. a patch of very wet condensation on the floor right in the middle of the living room!!!!

Apparently it was caused by the unit below switching on the aircon 24 hours a day for the past few days, causing the floor to be cold, and thus condensation (the floor was cold to the touch)... should have not signed off the keys on the spot but was kan jeong so regretted on hindsight..

Am meeting project manager to bang table.. i think they mentioned may need to hack floor to put in insulating material.. how can it be that below unit switch on a/c and get wet floor??

All owners may want to ask the unit below to switch on their aircon to test your own unit whether got same problem.. anyways electricity paid for by developer for one month i think...

Guys can somebody please enlighten me the so called sky gardens are incomplete? The vanda tea garden, zen fitness, iquest, starlight reflection lofts are a joke. They essentially the same thing and its terribly small! They look all the same to me and I really wonder how can one of this garden house even a third of the apartments there. There is this floor which is supposed to have "interactive media" and games.Cannot find it anywhere. Oh, and did you see the playground? Think it is meant for 2-3 families tops. Overall, a big disappointment unless someone can tell me it's incomplete.

View from south facing units.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey78
    Guys can somebody please enlighten me the so called sky gardens are incomplete? The vanda tea garden, zen fitness, iquest, starlight reflection lofts are a joke. They essentially the same thing and its terribly small! They look all the same to me and I really wonder how can one of this garden house even a third of the apartments there. There is this floor which is supposed to have "interactive media" and games.Cannot find it anywhere. Oh, and did you see the playground? Think it is meant for 2-3 families tops. Overall, a big disappointment unless someone can tell me it's incomplete.
    Glad you share my the same frustration as me.
    I think its all completed except for the beanbags which are still in their plastic bags.

So all the different gardens are that small n puny? ....and the SAME just with different fancy names ?

Do we have a Facebook account for the residents to share information?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarain
    Glad you share my the same frustration as me.
    I think its all completed except for the beanbags which are still in their plastic bags.
    Looks like owners have been shortchanged on condo layout & facilities. Re-visited the Asky website & the ë-brochure painted nice-looking gardens, pool, gym, clubhouse. Visited the place & the clubhouse is indeed small, gym cramp, gardens spartan, pool too enclosed. Inside the unit, the balcony + plantar space take up too much area. Saw Echelon's showflat & brochure and it has much better condo layout & design.

Quote Originally Posted by chincm
    Looks like owners have been shortchanged on condo layout & facilities. Re-visited the Asky website & the ë-brochure painted nice-looking gardens, pool, gym, clubhouse. Visited the place & the clubhouse is indeed small, gym cramp, gardens spartan, pool too enclosed. Inside the unit, the balcony + plantar space take up too much area. Saw Echelon's showflat & brochure and it has much better condo layout & design.
    Guess the disappointment grows...

In my mind when I heard "Cosmo Snooker zone" I was thinking it would be an enclosed games room with snooker tables, video game area ... scarlee its just an outdoor pool table which isn't very practical overtime

Gourmet Kitchen - would be nice if they at least provided hot plates or a cooking area.(unless fire risk?)

Bar Counter - would be nice if they at least provided fridge or sink

Quote Originally Posted by Xarain
    Guess the disappointment grows...

In my mind when I heard "Cosmo Snooker zone" I was thinking it would be an enclosed games room with snooker tables, video game area ... scarlee its just an outdoor pool table which isn't very practical overtime

Gourmet Kitchen - would be nice if they at least provided hot plates or a cooking area.(unless fire risk?)

Bar Counter - would be nice if they at least provided fridge or sink
    Lesson learnt.. Don't buy future homes from show flats and brochures...

I was disappointed with how small the first floor/lobby level is.. The walkway is very narrow and pool is small, children's playground is small and the BBQ areas are small and not sheltered. The last point on BBQ area is totally unacceptable!

I spoke to the management office to feedback on the un-sheltered and un-lit BBQ areas on first floor. They told me they had feedback to the developer on the BBQ areas, but it would still be best if the owners feedback to developer.

Would suggest a consensus and pooled voice to feedback on things that are disappointing. If we wait till we set up management committee, I'm afraid it would be too late to ask developer to change and we would need to pay out of our pockets then!

I hope it's incomplete. Like xarain said I tot there will be computer games etc. and one snooker table for 300+ units??

I 100% support a management/resident committee to voice our complaints to Wing Tai. Especially need to be done as soon as possible before they vacate the place in one year.

BTW, i have confirmed thru my sources that WingTai was having big problems with the maincon during construction of the place (and hence the delay in TOP).
    I have also heard rumours that many places were not done according to specs (parking places).

The public areas really need to be done up. This will affect the value of ASKY in the long run especially if Echelon comes up with a much better concept and building..

Anyone who wants to take lead in pursuing this, and setting up a club / unified voice. i am in.