Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Thanks for clarification AMK!

AMK is a lawyer?

Smile Moving in

Quote Originally Posted by Xarain
    We got enough owners in this forum to form a committee for the next AGM
    Hi all,

Collected my keys on 15th June and submitted the defect lists on 21st June. Have done up the lighting. Chasing WingTai to have the defects done up fast so that I can do some simple renovating to move in before the chinese seventh month.

Yes, a bit disappointed with the Gym as feel that it is a bit small. The pool design is good but feel it is a bit narrow too. But I do like the splendid view from my house.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VAR
    Hi all,

Collected my keys on 15th June and submitted the defect lists on 21st June. Have done up the lighting. Chasing WingTai to have the defects done up fast so that I can do some simple renovating to move in before the chinese seventh month.

Yes, a bit disappointed with the Gym as feel that it is a bit small. The pool design is good but feel it is a bit narrow too. But I do like the splendid view from my house.
    Welcome VAR!

Need to get used to the space especially if you are moving from an old-school condo.

Do share with us your stack # if possible

any one of you guys gonna do something on the balcony as a result of the noise coming from the Echelon construction site?
    LEDANG HEIGHTS, THE FUTURE GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW CENTRAL OF NUSAJAYA/ISKANDAR

Quote Originally Posted by Xarain
    22nd floor is the gym which faces both North and South But yes the noise tends to travel upwards.
    Why does sound travel upwards rather than downwards?

Sound doesn't travel in a particular direction. It radiates in concentric, spherical waves. It will change its speed and direction when it hits obstacles. Some materials will dampen these waves, others will conduct it and make it travel. Also, deeper, lower sounds behave differently than high pitched ones. you'll find bass from music can travel miles!
    You could consider insulating flooring and double glazing?

Or maybe this thing >> http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com/wh...hite_noise.htm

Noise S.T.O.P. Soundscreen™ White Noise Machine helps eliminate or greatly reduce the effects of unwanted distracting noise by creating the sound of white noise. This sound helps diminish surrounding noises. Sound masking is set one to three decibels above conversational speech, rendering discussions unintelligible to those outside the immediate area. The random sound produced is non-directional and harmoniously uniform, and the masking level can be adjusted to suit a variety of conditions and privacy requirements.

Or you can play this free clip 24/7...
    http://simplynoise.com
    Last edited by ecimbew; 27-06-13 at 11:16.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by lot286
    any one of you guys gonna do something on the balcony as a result of the noise coming from the Echelon construction site?
    Echelon construction noise is temporary whereas MRT noise is going to be permanent feature. I would imagine mrt noise will be more pronounced at night because of less ambient sound. Although one may get use to it over time, the "wake-up" sound at 6 am will still be perceived. Anyone who has moved into south-facing unit has this experience?

Quote Originally Posted by chincm
    Echelon construction noise is temporary whereas MRT noise is going to be permanent feature. I would imagine mrt noise will be more pronounced at night because of less ambient sound. Although one may get use to it over time, the "wake-up" sound at 6 am will still be perceived. Anyone who has moved into south-facing unit has this experience?
    I live south facing high floor. At my balcony, the MRT train noise is quite soft and when I close the living room window, the MRT noise is not heard.

I live south facing high floor. At my balcony, the MRT train noise is quite soft and when I close the living room window, the MRT noise is not heard.
    Thank you for your feedback. Maybe ASky is spared from the mrt noise bcos facing station direct, unlike Metropolitan. Also, ASky is further out. Wonder if Echelon will have the same experience. The advantage of staying on high flr is to enjoy the view + breeze. If have to close window to shut out the mrt noise, then not a wise choice to stay in mrt-facing units. Still, developers price such units lower.

Thank you for your feedback. Maybe ASky is spared from the mrt noise bcos facing station direct, unlike Metropolitan. Also, ASky is further out. Wonder if Echelon will have the same experience. The advantage of staying on high flr is to enjoy the view + breeze. If have to close window to shut out the mrt noise, then not a wise choice to stay in mrt-facing units. Still, developers price such units lower.
    Would you all be installing invisible grille for your balcony? I am thinking of doing invisible grille for safety to my balcony after decking as I find the railing quite low. But then, the invisible grille is not really "invisible" and so the view will somehow be affected.

Would you all be installing invisible grille for your balcony? I am thinking of doing invisible grille for safety to my balcony after decking as I find the railing quite low. But then, the invisible grille is not really "invisible" and so the view will somehow be affected.
    Are we allow to instal invisible grille? Or is there some specific grille that the developer specify?

May i also check if anyone of you have the problem of toilet doors cannot be locked when inside?

Quote Originally Posted by lwklibran
    Are we allow to instal invisible grille? Or is there some specific grille that the developer specify?

May i also check if anyone of you have the problem of toilet doors cannot be locked when inside?
    Latest check (on 25th june) with management office is that we are allowed to install subjected to some design check.

Don't remember that the tiolet doors cannot be locked when inside, I will be going down tonight, let you know then.

Are we allow to instal invisible grille?
    When you are on very high floors, no one will notice... unless you have green eyes neighbours.

Yes, there is a problem with the door of the common bathroom. It is more due to the alignment.

I have the same problem. Need to push the door to lock. Reported as a defect.

Also try to open & close your wardrobe doors especially the Master bedroom. If you hear a scrapping sound then you should report it as a defect because the doors are not properly aligned & scraping against each other. My ID pointed it out to me.

ok. anyone got any ideas how to use the balcony when Echelon construction + reserve land (next to MRT) also starts construction..?

Ear muffs?

Quote Originally Posted by gyyy
    I have the same problem. Need to push the door to lock. Reported as a defect.

Also try to open & close your wardrobe doors especially the Master bedroom. If you hear a scrapping sound then you should report it as a defect because the doors are not properly aligned & scraping against each other. My ID pointed it out to me.
    Thank you guys for the advice and confirmation. I am meeting them for the defect inspection tomorrow. Will be reporting the doors as defect and also notice that the timber stripes got many chips and even marble tiles got crack on some areas.

Wonder how long they will take to rectify all these defects.

Thank you guys for the advice and confirmation. I am meeting them for the defect inspection tomorrow. Will be reporting the doors as defect and also notice that the timber stripes got many chips and even marble tiles got crack on some areas.

Wonder how long they will take to rectify all these defects.
    Mine the master bedroom tiolet door has no problem. But remember to check underneath the wash hand basin as for mine there is a chip below. Also, remember to note down the stain in the master bedroom tiolet as they cannot be washed off.

Ha, then I got "conned" because when I got it 4 years ago, the north and south facing unit work out to be roughly the same price.

Ha, then I got "conned" because when I got it 4 years ago, the north and south facing unit work out to be roughly the same price.
    Echelon selling South-facing units at lower price than North-facing. North view nicer bcos open view but south view can see Sentosa. Generally, most condo units built near MRT priced cheaper if facing mrt rail. eg. Urban Vista

The good news is when the plot of land in front of ASky and next to the station is built. ASky residents will not hear much from the mrt.

South facing is disadvantaged because that piece of land has not been sold. Uncertain over new building height. Will it block their Sentosa view? These are fear factors.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Alexandr...raRd-LP_CP.pdf

Spending the morning at Asky tomorrow. Let me know if available to meet up to share reno ideas, the pride and complaints!

i just heard that to install outside roller blinds in the balcony, need management approval??? you gotta be kidding me

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    The good news is when the plot of land in front of ASky and next to the station is built. ASky residents will not hear much from the mrt.

South facing is disadvantaged because that piece of land has not been sold. Uncertain over new building height. Will it block their Sentosa view? These are fear factors.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Alexandr...raRd-LP_CP.pdf
    dont need to guess, the site is already on reserves list. 4.9 plot ration, should be same height

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-37a1.html

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-37a1rl2.pdf
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

any owners planning to rent their units? Hows the response so far?

Just did the first joint inspection check with the developer and contractor today after developer claimed that they had rectify all my defaults. Truly disappointed. They didn't rectify most things on the list. They just tried to brush the issues aside. The most unacceptable was the main door. My main door closes extremely slowly. I asked the contractor to loosen the screws and he asked me to sign the indemnity form that if the door frame spoils, they are not liable! I am truly disappointed by their bad attitude! Did anyone sign the indemnity form??? Ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Just did the first joint inspection check with the developer and contractor today after developer claimed that they had rectify all my defaults. Truly disappointed. They didn't rectify most things on the list. They just tried to brush the issues aside. The most unacceptable was the main door. My main door closes extremely slowly. I asked the contractor to loosen the screws and he asked me to sign the indemnity form that if the door frame spoils, they are not liable! I am truly disappointed by their bad attitude! Did anyone sign the indemnity form??? Ridiculous!

Hi can ask u. If when I get new flat and asking the developer to rectified the deflects . And con currently asking contractor to proceed with Id construction. Do u foresee any conflict ?

At any one time only one contractor allowed. Either yours or developers. Quite disappointed with this project overall. Am thinking of selling it already. Gunning for 1.85 for my 2 bedder

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey78
    At any one time only one contractor allowed. Either yours or developers. Quite disappointed with this project overall. Am thinking of selling it already. Gunning for 1.85 for my 2 bedder

Hi so can ask I'd contractor to do his work first then ask developer contractor to come later? But should the deflects be highlighted to developer first before my I'd construction with photo records ? So they can rectified after my I'd work done

Quote Originally Posted by Mo gu
    Hi so can ask I'd contractor to do his work first then ask developer contractor to come later? But should the deflects be highlighted to developer first before my I'd construction with photo records ? So they can rectified after my I'd work done
    U should do a joint inspection and agree on the list of defects first before your own contractor comes in. However they may not entertain you if any 'new' defects appear.

Personally I would wait for defects done then bring your own. No disputes. You also wouldn't want to do it up nicely only for the developers come in and dirty the whole renovated place again