Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Mi Casa (D23, 99 Years, Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    128# sq ft, $7xx psf......

+1

u bros should know what it is liao...
    if feo is selling at $7xx even during soft launch. they really live up to their name..look at lakeshore..price still resilent as steel...
    looking on the other side, buyers are guaranteed tat price they paid wont fall...so tats positive!

I salute FEO for their bravery

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    waterfront waves is still very expensive.. bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    bro...I those who bought the units tonight.

Imagine. I received call at 8:18pm that sales started. I reached there at 8.45pm (I was already back home in CCK). Already 20+ units sold...

Machiam every 2 mins sold 1 unit.

128# sq ft, $7xx psf......

+1

u bros should know what it is liao...
    Very good. CCK is a good residential area

I received call last nite around 8 +, and went to the showflat around 930.
    Whether or not you have blank cheque or not, you can still go in and they will assign an agent to you.

At the door step, I asked them what is the price per psf, they quote 580 psf. I suspect that is to "lure" and attract people in. When I asked them for the price of a 3+1 unit 1302 sq ft(NOt pool facing on a high floor), the agent took quite a while to get the price list ( dunno what kind of system or process they have to go through, but agents themselves got to wait too ) , after 30 - 40 mins, came back with the price list, quoting LIST price as very close to 1 million and said there is a 16% discount ! Calculated that with 16%, the psf is still about 640 psf. The higher the floor and the larger the unit, the higher the psf. I heard 2 units were sold when I reached there, saw people leaving too after seeing the price list and doing their sums.

Oh, one thing to note about the showflat - take a look at their interesting master bathroom - no bath tub, just a step down area for shower , similar to ESPA (cashew road) concept. The kitchen were fitted with Ariston oven. Yes, bay windows in all the rooms.

Now all bros will believe the $7xx psf for 10th floor pool facing 3+1 I stated is not kidding rite.

Price quoted after discount was $89xxxx, and the x are not 0. After dividing, it was $71x psf.

the non-pool facing unit on 12 floor for a 3+1 of 1302 sq ft is 645 psf ..
    the diff in each level in the same block is 10k in terms of pricing.

btw,I was looking at the past transacted price of warren and northvale which are close to Mi Casa , and the highest psf for warren is only $61x psf, and lowest for Northvale was $350 psf . I wonder if one buy Mi Casa for , say, $620 psf, can one sell without loss in 5-10 yrs time ?

wow, went to the showflat last nite with a fren.. the crowd was huge !!! my fren bought a mid floor 3+study unit at slightly less than $600psf after all discount.. wuld say price is ok, not too bad..At least for Mi CAsa, the liveable space is bigger proportion as only the bedrms hv tiny bay window and w/o those planters. congrats to him !

Quote Originally Posted by schoz
    if feo is selling at $7xx even during soft launch. they really live up to their name..look at lakeshore..price still resilent as steel...
    looking on the other side, buyers are guaranteed tat price they paid wont fall...so tats positive!
    FEO always likes to quote high high price then tell u there is a super discount until 6xxpsf. I think 600psf on average will still attract buyers, similar to caspian and double bay prices recently.

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    btw,I was looking at the past transacted price of warren and northvale which are close to Mi Casa , and the highest psf for warren is only $61x psf, and lowest for Northvale was $350 psf . I wonder if one buy Mi Casa for , say, $620 psf, can one sell without loss in 5-10 yrs time ?
    For Northvale, i think the cheapest 4 bedder costs 425psf so not as low as 350psf. the 300+psf units are probably super huge penthouses or ground floor units. If you assume property prices will generally trend up at some point, i guess there is a good chance that it will be above $620psf at some point during the next 10 years but not like it will be fat profits. most people are probably buying to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    wow, went to the showflat last nite with a fren.. the crowd was huge !!! my fren bought a mid floor 3+study unit at slightly less than $600psf after all discount.. wuld say price is ok, not too bad..At least for Mi CAsa, the liveable space is bigger proportion as only the bedrms hv tiny bay window and w/o those planters. congrats to him !
    bro, is it a 5~6th floor non-pool facing unit?
    Last edited by jonleelk; 27-03-09 at 11:24.

I was told by agent (during the pre-soft launch presentation) that the tower with the 4 BR units will be launched only a few months later (I intend to buy to stay, not invest) and that will be their BEST tower. He said be prepared to cough up between $1m - $1.2m (after discount), which will be around $700psf. With this kind of crazy price, I might as well consider buying a freehold or landed property instead. The Mi Casa location isn't as fantastic as The Warren or Northvale. I may even buy 2nd hand from Warren or Northvale. I think Mi Casa price is too exorbitant at a time like this. I've lost interest in this totally.

$700psf can buy beverly FH already. $1.2M also can get the 4 bedder there, if u don't mind the location.

District 21 though...

Quote Originally Posted by gohll
    I was told by agent (during the pre-soft launch presentation) that the tower with the 4 BR units will be launched only a few months later (I intend to buy to stay, not invest) and that will be their BEST tower. He said be prepared to cough up between $1m - $1.2m (after discount), which will be around $700psf. With this kind of crazy price, I might as well consider buying a freehold or landed property instead. The Mi Casa location isn't as fantastic as The Warren or Northvale. I may even buy 2nd hand from Warren or Northvale. I think Mi Casa price is too exorbitant at a time like this. I've lost interest in this totally.
    don't worry, far east will quote u exhorbitant price but later will tell u got discounts etc, probably will be 600+psf ultimately for the most premium so maybe just under $1m. Eg, Floridian along Bukit Timah road, when it was first launched they quoted $1700psf, now quoting $1180psf. Even then, I say that's River Valley price, not D21 price.

Some update on the launch. Went again today, much smaller crowd today compared to the first day, even though today supposed to be the preview launch by other agents (era, hsr). So far about 40+ units sold, mainly the non-pool facing units. Lowest price at just slghtly below $580psf. Most expensive pool facing units easily $7xx psf.

Only about 5 pool facing units sold so far, out of 34 available. Mostly low floors taken. I glance 1,2,3,8 and 12 floor of stack 9 taken. Stack 10 all unsold.

Hi Jonleelk

I am eyeing on Beverly for some time, however, the price quoted for a second floor 3 bedder ( size is pretty large, 1300 at least) is 740 psf. If you know of any sellers selling 700 psf, do let me know. I thought "The Beverly" location is pretty good, nested amongst the private residential area, just opp signature park (not the main entrance but it's side entrance) , and still within walking distance to the amenities. FH and private lift.

Mi Casa - I believe the price for a 600 psf and above starts from 6th floor above, non pool facing. There are 4th bedders which comes with open terrace ( not live in space ). My neighbor paid 860k for a 3 bedder ( no study rm) on the 16th floor and thinks there is a chance to flip in the near future. I doubt so. For Northvale, if you look at URA website for recent transaction, a large unit of 2700 sq feet was transacted at 350 psf.
    Could be the penthouse with the open terrace too, non live in space.

Hi Jonleelk

I am eyeing on Beverly for some time, however, the price quoted for a second floor 3 bedder ( size is pretty large, 1300 at least) is 740 psf. If you know of any sellers selling 700 psf, do let me know. I thought "The Beverly" location is pretty good, nested amongst the private residential area, just opp signature park (not the main entrance but it's side entrance) , and still within walking distance to the amenities. FH and private lift.

Mi Casa - I believe the price for a 600 psf and above starts from 6th floor above, non pool facing. There are 4th bedders which comes with open terrace ( not live in space ). My neighbor paid 860k for a 3 bedder ( no study rm) on the 16th floor and thinks there is a chance to flip in the near future. I doubt so. For Northvale, if you look at URA website for recent transaction, a large unit of 2700 sq feet was transacted at 350 psf.
    Could be the penthouse with the open terrace too, non live in space.
    When I was at Beverly showflat 2 weeks ago, the west facing 3-bedders were $700psf, the "triangular" north facing 3 bedders were $720psf. Hm...or maybe it was $720psf and $740psf. I can only be 100% sure the difference is $20psf for the better north facing units. Did not ask too much as pesonally I don't quite fancy the triangular layout and the orientation of the units.

Mi Casa has so far sold 90+ units . FEO has released tower B3 for sale (all non-pool facing again).

When I was at Beverly showflat 2 weeks ago, the west facing 3-bedders were $700psf, the "triangular" north facing 3 bedders were $720psf. Hm...or maybe it was $720psf and $740psf. I can only be 100% sure the difference is $20psf for the better north facing units. Did not ask too much as pesonally I don't quite fancy the triangular layout and the orientation of the units.

Mi Casa has so far sold 90+ units . FEO has released tower B3 for sale (all non-pool facing again).
    Why you want pool facing?? Noisy and for low floors got barbeque smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Why you want pool facing?? Noisy and for low floors got barbeque smoke
    So can beo ur avatar sun tanning?

That's why only considering 10 floor and above pool facing units.

Far East Organisation sees strong sales for Mi Casa project30 March 2009 2220 hrs (SST) 1420 hrs (GMT)
    SINGAPORE: Developer Far East Organisation said its new private residential project Mi Casa at Choa Chu Kang has seen brisk sales during a preview over the weekend.

Far East said 97 of the 123 units released were snapped up even before the development was officially launched.

Mi Casa – Spanish for "My Home" – comprises a total of 457 units at an average price of S$625 per square foot.

Far East Organisation said 80 per cent of Mi Casa buyers are those upgrading from public housing flats.

About 9 per cent of the buyers are Chinese nationals and permanent residents, with another 3 per cent from Malaysia.

The units that were sold include 2- and 3-bedroom apartments, as well as those that come with an extra study room.

The developer said there are also 4-bedroom units which have yet to be launched.

Mi Casa will be officially launched on April 10. Far East Organisation said buyers will enjoy an early bird discount from now till the official launch date.

- CNA/so

One of the main selling factors is due to its very close proximity to CCK MRT/Bus Interchange and LOT 1/shops, and yet again is beside a park.

Nowadays, major selling factor for pte condos is the locality and no longer the past preferences like whether it's a 999 or 99 LHs.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    Far East Organisation sees strong sales for Mi Casa project30 March 2009 2220 hrs (SST) 1420 hrs (GMT)
    SINGAPORE: Developer Far East Organisation said its new private residential project Mi Casa at Choa Chu Kang has seen brisk sales during a preview over the weekend.

Far East said 97 of the 123 units released were snapped up even before the development was officially launched.

Mi Casa – Spanish for "My Home" – comprises a total of 457 units at an average price of S$625 per square foot.

Far East Organisation said 80 per cent of Mi Casa buyers are those upgrading from public housing flats.

About 9 per cent of the buyers are Chinese nationals and permanent residents, with another 3 per cent from Malaysia.

The units that were sold include 2- and 3-bedroom apartments, as well as those that come with an extra study room.

The developer said there are also 4-bedroom units which have yet to be launched.

Mi Casa will be officially launched on April 10. Far East Organisation said buyers will enjoy an early bird discount from now till the official launch date.

- CNA/so

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    One of the main selling factors is due to its very close proximity to CCK MRT/Bus Interchange and LOT 1/shops, and yet again is beside a park.

Nowadays, major selling factor for pte condos is the locality and no longer the past preferences like whether it's a 999 or 99 LHs.
    ya lor...exactly what the FEO agent keeps telling me to justify the higher than norm psf price of Mi Casa...

ya lor...exactly what the FEO agent keeps telling me to justify the higher than norm psf price of Mi Casa...

Basically, any condo very near to those shopping and transport amenities will always have a better Tenant Market on top of Owners' Stay as Tenants normally do not drive, i.e. near to MRT/Buses are a plus to them.

With Mi Casa being futher away but yet rather a good sell even at ard $610psf on average, we can expect other better-built nearby Condos (in better location) like The Warren to rise in terms of resale psf in the next few months or so.

With recession, is it possible for price to rise ? When I look around the property recently, there is hardly any significant drop in psf price , except for those properties in the prime areas that goes for 1600 psf and dropped to 1200 psf. Pte condos at the heartland area are still asking for the same price as before.

With recession, is it possible for price to rise ? When I look around the property recently, there is hardly any significant drop in psf price , except for those properties in the prime areas that goes for 1600 psf and dropped to 1200 psf. Pte condos at the heartland area are still asking for the same price as before.
    March 31 (Bloomberg) -- Home prices in Hong Kong, where luxury residences are Asia’s second-most expensive, rose 5.5 percent in the first quarter from the end of 2008, according to a report by Centaline Property Agency Ltd.

Heartland area typically attracts HDB upgraders with savings who like to stay within the area which they are currently at (like me). Thus the demand is always there. Also, quite a few have been holding back last year because of the boom (like me again).

Prime areas attract mainly the upper class who buy more for investment, who mostly would have been hit by the current financial crunch. Thus the demand would be less.

Seems like boom or no boom, no time is a good time for HDB upgraders.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...26100,00.html?

Published March 31, 2009

Far East sells 97 units of Mi Casa over past week

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Here's yet more evidence that there's still demand for attractively priced condos in the mass-market segment. Property tycoon Ng Teng Fong's Far East Organization has sold 97 units at its Mi Casa condo near Choa Chu Kang MRT Station since it began sales last week.

Mi Casa: Located near Choa Chu Kang MRT Station, the 457-unit 99-year leasehold condo has an average price of $625 psf. Buyers who wish to opt for an interest absorption scheme will have to pay 3% more

The 99-year leasehold condo has an average price of $625 per square foot. Buyers who wish to opt for an interest absorption scheme will have to pay 3 per cent more.

The 457-unit condo is being developed on a plot along Choa Chu Kang Drive which is diagonally opposite Lot One mall.

In a news release last night, Far East said Mi Casa is the first new private condo project in the Choa Chu Kang town centre in eight years and offers an 'attractive value proposition' to HDB upgraders and private home owners in the area.

Upgraders accounted for 80 per cent of Mi Casa's buyers. A number of buyers also own landed homes in the area and bought units at Mi Casa for investment and for their children, according to Far East. Mi Casa also drew some foreign buyers (such as China nationals and Malaysians).

Far East Organization unit Tian Hock Properties bought the Mi Casa site at a state tender in May last year for $116.01 million or $203 per square foot per plot ratio.

Over at the Balestier Road area, City Developments is understood to have sold another 30 units between Friday and Sunday at The Arte at Thomson freehold condo.

This brings total sales in the project to nearly 90 units. The 336-unit project, which will comprise two 36-storey blocks, is being offered at an average sellling price of about $880-890 psf.

At Somerville Road, boutique developer HLH Group has sold eight of the total 25 units at its D'Almira condo since it began previews three weeks ago.

The average price of the five-storey freehold apartment development is about $750 psf, says ERA divisional director Andrew Soh, who is marketing the project.

HLH is not offering any interest absorption scheme; buyers will have to make normal progress payments on their units when they are billed by the developer, in accordance with the stage of construction.

In the River Valley area, Fortune group sold another five units last week at The Mercury in Shanghai Road. The average price for the freehold project is '$1,200 psf plus', according to Fortune Development general manager Victor Soh.

Interest absorption scheme is available to buyers in exchange for a 3 per cent premium. To date, 64 of the total 67 units in the project have been sold.

Heartland area typically attracts HDB upgraders with savings who like to stay within the area which they are currently at (like me). Thus the demand is always there. Also, quite a few have been holding back last year because of the boom (like me again).

Prime areas attract mainly the upper class who buy more for investment, who mostly would have been hit by the current financial crunch. Thus the demand would be less.

Seems like boom or no boom, no time is a good time for HDB upgraders.
    Jonleelk, we stay at the same area .. but I will have to move soon, or in 2 yrs time ( can still wait ) , to be nearer to the school. Guess I will miss the convenience of Lot One, the 24hour kopi-tiam near the interchange etc.