Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Mi Casa (D23, 99 Years, Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Maysprings in exterior-wise is very plain and vanilla in color, on some angles, it looked like those better-design hdb flats. It is as old as Northvale thou both are located near MRT/Amenities.

And Maysprings is famous for being a hot "tenant market" area, i.e. there could be more tenanted units than owner-stayed units at any one time. The carpark is not entirely basement unlike the Warren.
    I heard that Maysprings is popular among the Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    I heard that Maysprings is popular among the Koreans.
    Indeed..very popular among koreans and philippinos. Agents told me as I once thought of buying a Maysprings unit for rental purpose.

Anyway, Maysprings is further to Bt Panjang Mall when compared to Northvale. And for now, any pple over there still need to take LRT to CCK MRT for subsequent travel.

So if choose Northvale and Maysprings, I would choose Northvale, more convenient, same price, beside a town park which has a Malay Rest, and nearer to amenities than Maysprings.

Indeed..very popular among koreans and philippinos. Agents told me as I once thought of buying a Maysprings unit for rental purpose.

Anyway, Maysprings is further to Bt Panjang Mall when compared to Northvale. And for now, any pple over there still need to take LRT to CCK MRT for subsequent travel.

So if choose Northvale and Maysprings, I would choose Northvale, more convenient, same price, beside a town park which has a Malay Rest, and nearer to amenities than Maysprings.
    Zoros, actually I do appreciate the convenience of staying near Lot one CCK - there is a PD at the hong kah town council building next to Lot one, enrichment classes in the same building ( ICanRead program, Tien Hsia, KR tutors, Ossia music school, ballet etc) , 24hr kopitiam opp Warren, 5 GP clinics in that area , 2 dental clinics, and of course the Lot one mall is better than before now with more new tenants ..NTUC, Popular bookstore, Library etc . just too bad that I have to move in the near future to be closer to school for convenience. Am sure I will miss these amenities .

Hi Dragon,

How much psf for Cashew Height ? But it's a little far from my kids' school .. Are there en-bloc negotiations going on yet ?
    The psf is around 500. En-bloc not in near future due to the current crisis, but once the MRT is up (less than 5min walk), i'm sure it will attract developer interest.

The chance is high due to the increase in plot-ratio for Cashew Height from 1.05 to 2.1. Once MRT is up, Gov is likely to raise its plot-ratio again

Quote Originally Posted by vale
    What abt Maysprings ? Near amenities and future MRT stn, and also near CHIJ BT. Price-wise, slightly higher than Northvale. TOP almost same time as Northvale.
    Ugh! Please.... not that devt. Next to nowhere, irregular shaped units and not so transport friendly (who wants to take the LRT and then MRT again?) Also, do you know rentals there in late 2005 were just $1200-$1400 for a 3 bedroom unit there? And my my... look at the rentals and selling prices there now

The best tenants for a mass market devt would be the filipinos. They are clean, tidy and responsible.

Hi

Just an update!

Som interesting development on CCK Condos ard MRT/Lot 1.

Went to take a quick look on Mi Casa on Sunday. Was told that average psf now is $650 for a 3 bedder unit. And then Sunday evening, a HSR agent called me up asking me whether to sell off Warren unit as quite a no. of initial MI CASA buyers have spilled over to WARREN as they found MI CASA's prices have edged up.

Also just happen that my Warren fren has UP his asking price too since after a hot fever at Mi Casa.

Hi

Just an update!

Went to take a quick look on Mi Casa on Sunday. Was told that average psf now is $650 for a 3 bedder unit. And then Sunday evening, a HSR agent called me up asking me whether to sell off Warren unit as quite a no. of initial MI CASA buyers have spilled over to WARREN as they found MI CASA's prices have edged up.

Also just happen that my Warren fren has UP his asking price too since after a hot fever at Mi Casa.
    So looks like prices of Warren could possible go up due to the exhorbitant pricing of Mi Casa .. ?

So looks like prices of Warren could possible go up due to the exhorbitant pricing of Mi Casa .. ?
    Basically IMO, MI CASA is smart in its pricing taking advantage that CCK area has no new CONDO project since after WARREN for so many years.

Unlike Jurong West area where there are a lot of competing unoccupied condo units around Lakeside area, CCK has no such problem at all, i.e. DEMAND is far > than SUPPLY for pple who appreciate CCK area. As i always said, CCK is not within the industrial belt (unlike Lakeside) as it is a residential belt which can be family-friendly considering CCK is just beside the increasingly popular LCK area where family-themed eco-farms are located in. Do note the Zoo/Nite Safari and JB are nearby too..with KJE serving both Causeway and 2nd Link!

For me as a parent, the only noticeable thing is the lack of good primary schools..esp. those either pure gals and/or pure boys type.

Warren owners oledy up their price to $600psf last week liao. Good for existing Warren owners...immediately benefited from Mi Casa. Mi Casa 3 bedder 11th floor facing HDB will be ~$650psf...thus can say is average as the blocks facing HDB are 20 stories high.

Thus, $600psf buy Mi Casa see HDB flats...buy Warren pool view.

I have more or less given up on Mi Casa liao. Unattractive pricing is one thing...the whole development does not have a single unit in N-S orientation (need one for my "wind-water" )

Basically IMO, MI CASA is smart in its pricing taking advantage that CCK area has no new CONDO project since after WARREN for so many years.

Unlike Jurong West area where there are a lot of competing unoccupied condo units around Lakeside area, CCK has no such problem at all, i.e. DEMAND is far > than SUPPLY for pple who appreciate CCK area. As i always said, CCK is not within the industrial belt (unlike Lakeside) as it is a residential belt which can be family-friendly considering CCK is just beside the increasingly popular LCK area where family-themed eco-farms are located in. Do note the Zoo/Nite Safari and JB are nearby too..with KJE serving both Causeway and 2nd Link!

For me as a parent, the only noticeable thing is the lack of good primary schools..esp. those either pure gals and/or pure boys type.

Yesterdat's news...FEO COO say Mi Casa is only FEO "entry level" development... While, the good sale of Mi Casa so far proof that FEO is right...

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Warren owners oledy up their price to $600psf last week liao. Good for existing Warren owners...immediately benefited from Mi Casa. Mi Casa 3 bedder 11th floor facing HDB will be ~$650psf...thus can say is average as the blocks facing HDB are 20 stories high.

I have more or less given up on Mi Casa liao. Unattractive pricing is one thing...the whole development does not have a single unit in N-S orientation (need one for my "wind-water" )

why dont buy Windermere or Yew Mei Green .. short walk to Yew tee station ... facing greenery too ... latest transaction 450-470 psf ... if you are buying to stay .. why pay 600 psf ? when its 1 MRT station away ?

Yesterdat's news...FEO COO say Mi Casa is only FEO "entry level" development... While, the good sale of Mi Casa so far proof that FEO is right...

The MiCasa N-S unit on 12 floor facing park ( not pool facing ) 3+1 is already $645 psf ..
    Facing HDB ones are those near the main road I suppose ..

Zoros, the nearest pure gals school for your gal will be BT IJ .. but do consider if you are planning to have another kid, cos if the eldest ( I suppose your eldest is a gal ) is going to a mixed school, then no problem for your second or subsequent kids to enter. The other one you might want to consider is St Anthony's convent at Bt Batok ( it is mixed, not gals school ) .

Bro, I think they do have N-S facing. At least that was what we were told during the soft launch.

My neighbor paid 860k for a 3 bedder 1259 sq ft. Her jaws dropped when I told her just a pay a bit more can get a D21 unit .. she thought she is able to flip her MiCasa unit, also , she didn't do her homework on the average price of Warren and Northvale before she buy .. thinking that 650 psf was cheap.

The MiCasa N-S unit on 12 floor facing park ( not pool facing ) 3+1 is already $645 psf ..
    Facing HDB ones are those near the main road I suppose ..

Zoros, the nearest pure gals school for your gal will be BT IJ .. but do consider if you are planning to have another kid, cos if the eldest ( I suppose your eldest is a gal ) is going to a mixed school, then no problem for your second or subsequent kids to enter. The other one you might want to consider is St Anthony's convent at Bt Batok ( it is mixed, not gals school ) .
    Beverly

i realise you are looking further and further .. you started with those condos opposite King albert park macdonalds ... now move to CCK ? warren that side ?

like that very hard to find anything ... so zero in ONE location and look there .. even within crap projects there are good units ...

Bro, I think they do have N-S facing. At least that was what we were told during the soft launch.
    Property agents typically treat N, NE and NW as "north facing". The park facing Mi Casa units are actually looking at NW, to be exact.

In feng shui, N and NE are generally good direction. NW is a NO-NO.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Beverly

i realise you are looking further and further .. you started with those condos opposite King albert park macdonalds ... now move to CCK ? warren that side ?

like that very hard to find anything ... so zero in ONE location and look there .. even within crap projects there are good units ...
    CCK is because that is where I am currently located .. but my intent is to be close to my kids' primary school at BT, however, my aged inlaws are in CCK and hence in a way was bounded in that area but need to move to be close to school soon. The only project thus far that meets my requirement in terms of budget and location is still The Beverly, however, that will only TOP in 2013, and for some reasons, that project is not selling well.

CCK is because that is where I am currently located .. but my intent is to be close to my kids' primary school at BT, however, my aged inlaws are in CCK and hence in a way was bounded in that area but need to move to be close to school soon. The only project thus far that meets my requirement in terms of budget and location is still The Beverly, however, that will only TOP in 2013, and for some reasons, that project is not selling well.
    Hi Miss

Based on ur situation, some projects in mid-distance between CCK and BT area will be those along Upper Bt Timah Road like Linear, Maysprings, Espa, Condos in Hillview belt, Dairy Farm, Springdale and near there.

BUT of course, if your kid is oredi in the good BT primary school, then getting a condo near to amenities/tpt is good as afterall the primary school will presumed to have school transport to ferry ur kid/s to and fro, rite?

Hi Miss

Based on ur situation, some projects in mid-distance between CCK and BT area will be those along Upper Bt Timah Road like Linear, Maysprings, Espa, Condos in Hillview belt, Dairy Farm, Springdale and near there.

BUT of course, if your kid is oredi in the good BT primary school, then getting a condo near to amenities/tpt is good as afterall the primary school will presumed to have school transport to ferry ur kid/s to and fro, rite?
    Personally, I won't consider those along hillview. Rather stay put at CCK with the full amenities and convenience. Primary school has not started yet, but soon, and yes, there are school buses to ferry to and fro (expect jams during peak hours after pm classes), but preference is still within walking distance to school in that area, esp for one who does not drive ( or should i say, still refuse to get a license .. )

Hi

Just an update!

Went yesterday night also for a 2nd visit, FEO agent said early bird discount will be taken out anytime this week. With that, Mi Casa is even more ex !!

Also received call from some agents asking whether I want to sell my NV unit. Went to the net and search, saw that 1 property agent actually posted $625psf for my unit type, LOL !! For the past x years, it seldom goes above $500psf. Thanks to Mi Casa!

MiCasa so far sold 65% of the soft launched units ~ 130. That will mean there will be another 300 to sell, including those yet to be released. By this time, I guess interested parties who currently stayed in cck would have already seen the showflats and made a decision. This makes me wonder...how will the response be after the official launch? I believe those who currently not staying around cck would unlikely want to upgrade to MiCasa, with so many condos around bukit batok and lakeside.

At $600++psf, can really buy those ~10 year old FH at Hillview area.

Property agents typically treat N, NE and NW as "north facing". The park facing Mi Casa units are actually looking at NW, to be exact.

In feng shui, N and NE are generally good direction. NW is a NO-NO.
    Of topic a bit - how do we see the 'facing' of fengshui? I was told basically to visualise the apt to be made up of 9 squares, and if the living room is located in North side of the 'square"?
    Not sure if you know what I'm talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by magdalene
    Of topic a bit - how do we see the 'facing' of fengshui? I was told basically to visualise the apt to be made up of 9 squares, and if the living room is located in North side of the 'square"?
    Not sure if you know what I'm talking about..
    I believe there could be different ways of determining the "direction" of the unit. The one that I am consulting is looking at the facing of the main door and living room windows.

If the door and the living room windows are on the same wall or opposite walls, the door determines the direction. If the door and the windows are facing 90 degree, the window determine the direction of the unit.

Example ;

If door is facing north, window is facing south, unit is considered north facing.

If door and windows both facing north, unit is north facing.

If door is facing north but window facing east, unit is considered east facing.

If door is facing north but window facing west, unit is considered west facing.

Talking

MiCasa so far sold 65% of the soft launched units ~ 130. That will mean there will be another 300 to sell, including those yet to be released. By this time, I guess interested parties who currently stayed in cck would have already seen the showflats and made a decision. This makes me wonder...how will the response be after the official launch? I believe those who currently not staying around cck would unlikely want to upgrade to MiCasa, with so many condos around bukit batok and lakeside.

You will also be able to get a District 21 condo at that price. e.g. HighOaks is 99 yr, but almost same price as Mi Casa, albeit much older but the location is so much better in the sense that it is very near future Beauty World MRT and close to amenities too. Or FH HighGate condo ..

Currently the developer is throwing in a marketing gimmick... those staying in the vinicity like CCK and Yew Tee get another 1% off the market price

You will also be able to get a District 21 condo at that price. e.g. HighOaks is 99 yr, but almost same price as Mi Casa, albeit much older but the location is so much better in the sense that it is very near future Beauty World MRT and close to amenities too. Or FH HighGate condo ..
    Ahhhh yes.... but these devts are much "older"

Hi Miss

De La Salle School is in CCK too

http://www.delasalle.moe.edu.sg/

Hillview? Super bad choice, very ulu, far from all amenities, MRTs (i.e. Bukit Gombak and Bukit Batok) are not within walking distance, you must walk ages to Rail Mall etc

I believe there could be different ways of determining the "direction" of the unit. The one that I am consulting is looking at the facing of the main door and living room windows.

If the door and the living room windows are on the same wall or opposite walls, the door determines the direction. If the door and the windows are facing 90 degree, the window determine the direction of the unit.

Example ;

If door is facing north, window is facing south, unit is considered north facing.

If door and windows both facing north, unit is north facing.

If door is facing north but window facing east, unit is considered east facing.

If door is facing north but window facing west, unit is considered west facing.
    As a layman, I would see stack 17/18 as the best blk/unit, it is like a king overseeing the whole devt; with less obstructed view (if higher than the 5-storey multi-storey carpk); less noise (not facing busy road); and more importantly, no west sun.

Have leisurely read some feng shui info on high-rise apartment selection recently, it says block facing supercedes unit facing, fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Currently the developer is throwing in a marketing gimmick... those staying in the vinicity like CCK and Yew Tee get another 1% off the market price
    Also 2% loyalty discount