Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I will buy rivergate and the sail

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    he then went on to say how much demand there has been and how the economy will be turning around in 3 months time. I must say, I almost fainted when I heard the economy part.
    MM say need 2-3 yrs
    he say 3 mths

then i would say, it just a dream.
    Go to bed.
    tomorrow wake up.
    Everything is FINE

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Except for the bigger quantum involved, feel that RG is one notch up due to the big land size vis a vis smallish Watermark n Cosmo has no tennis court. If i want to buy a Condo, it must have full facilities. Else with the same quantum might as well buy FH landed
    I totally agree. I simply cannot comprehend why some people in this forum keeps bad mouthing RG and compare with Cosmo when they earlier said they wanted to buy RG. Probably some hidden agenda involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    I totally agree. I simply cannot comprehend why some people in this forum keeps bad mouthing RG and compare with Cosmo when they earlier said they wanted to buy RG. Probably some hidden agenda involved.
    Bro, dun think they are bad mouthing lah....some of the comments are quite valid. Like the huge number of units vis-a-vis Cosmo. Moreover, Cosmo loction is definately way better that RG. A few weeks ago went doen to reckee Pacific Mansion cos there's was a hot thread about it in this forum some time then, already not convemient to walk to PM. let alone RG (which i continue to walk down).

There is also this incident whereby I want to go down and check it out on Watermark (again due to the forum response comparing RG and WM). as I work some where around HSBC at Raffles Place, I decided to take a bus down during lunch hour at the Fullerton bus stop. But as I look at the bus guide, no bus to Mohamad sultan, no bus to Havelock, no bus to RV too!!!.

But for those whom say that buy RG already where got take public transport one....I will rest my case then.

Have a great week ahead all.

Take it easy lah, ppl here bascially bad mouthing every project.

Imagine the swimming pool when all 550 units are occupied. One will definately find lesser crowd at river valley swimming pool....

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    Imagine the swimming pool when all 550 units are occupied. One will definately find lesser crowd at river valley swimming pool....
    certainly....if that pool is still open...

Any body knows what's the mthly maintenance for a 3 bedroom unit at RG ? I have asked a few agents last 2 days but no one can give me a confirmed answer.

Quite naturally, I asked could it be just only one unit and not a market/development wide phenonmenon.... he then went on to say how much demand there has been and how the economy will be turning around in 3 months time. I must say, I almost fainted when I heard the economy part.
    bear rally in 3 months time yes i believe, but turnaround? ahhaha!

have not seen the finishing of RG, but Cosmo finishing is nice ~

its ok, they are just offering another point of view and they do not appear to bad mouth RG just for the sake of it. generally, smaller developments are a little more exclusive than large developments. i think the finishing of Cosmo is better than RG but for families, RG might be more interesting because of the facilities and huge landscape. i guess it appeals to different folks.

best is to buy one in Cosmo and one in RG

Default rent

I have been investing in the Robertson area and have always had no problems with finding expat tenants. You need to spend a bit to do up your apartment and then you will find quality tenants who will pay what you are asking for.

Just like in any business, you need to be better than your competitors

Hi DW:

Look at the equity market , peoples rush to buy when price go up fast and rush to sell when price come down quick. However , when ever there big offer in super market (Giant & NTUC) , peoples will queue behind the door before it open. The differences between these 2 market are investment vs consumption (own stay) .

Property investment has the element of both. Those unit on Central Region like RG would have more investment characteristic, that explain why it go up fast and come down fast as compare to others sub urban units which are mainly owner stay.

As u look at the chart that u provided, huge transaction recorded during the bloom time. But very little transaction recorded in the last 6-8 months when indicative market value plunge from 2000+psf to current level at about 1050-1100psf. Hence , reduction of the price may not attract buyer for investment property. But movement of price will be very elastic for mass market property like HDB and sub urban private housing.

But, before the RG's market clear to the level of 850psf, all the buyers of 1100psf, 1000psf, 950psf..... till 860psf must first be exhausted before prices can reach 850psf. My query is, what is everyone's view on how many of these marginal buyers the RG market has to clear, before the price can reach 850psf ?

I think my question delves a little more than just price levels, but I am just wondering how many more units has to "go" before we can hit the 850psf. I am keen to get RG at a price above 850psf but I just want to hear some consensus on the same, just to get a rough feel or idea.

Any ideas ??"

I stay near the area. You really gotta enjoy walking to stay at RG or some parts of River valley area for that matter. On a seperate thread, I had mentioned that if you divide the land area by the number of units at Cosmo and likewise for RG, it is actually more dense to stay in Cosmo than RG. Most pple will say, u can't calculate that way, but just think about it, what are the chances that u will find a smaller and thinner 40m lap pool at Cosmo crowded than the huge pool at RG crowded?

Back to walking distance. I agree, that you will need to like to walk more than average to like RG. You work at near HSBC at Raffles Place? I work near there too and I stay further than RG in terms of walking distance. Still, I walk to work and back home. I reckon it will take 15 to 20mins to walk to raffles place from RG, depending on walking pace. Nonetheless, I can tell u that it is a very pleasant walking experience, very different from the average point to point walk. It is a direct route along the Singapore River, passing by all the shops and food establishments along Robertson and Clarke Quay followed by parliament house. No traffic lights, no roads to cross, just a smooth walking route all the way. Try walking to RG from your workplace after work, you will enjoy it. RG's nearest MRT is somerset, which is about 900m away. Similarly, Cosmo is about 900m away from Orchard MRT. If you are talking about alighting from a bus to get to Cosmo along Kim Seng Rd, you can alight 2 bus stops later at Zouk's bus stop to get to Rivergate. After Zouk, cross the river and you reach rivergate already.

I like RG's location a lot more than Cosmo. Why stay beside a busy cross junction when u can stay beside a peaceful river?

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    Bro, dun think they are bad mouthing lah....some of the comments are quite valid. Like the huge number of units vis-a-vis Cosmo. Moreover, Cosmo loction is definately way better that RG. A few weeks ago went doen to reckee Pacific Mansion cos there's was a hot thread about it in this forum some time then, already not convemient to walk to PM. let alone RG (which i continue to walk down).

There is also this incident whereby I want to go down and check it out on Watermark (again due to the forum response comparing RG and WM). as I work some where around HSBC at Raffles Place, I decided to take a bus down during lunch hour at the Fullerton bus stop. But as I look at the bus guide, no bus to Mohamad sultan, no bus to Havelock, no bus to RV too!!!.

But for those whom say that buy RG already where got take public transport one....I will rest my case then.

Have a great week ahead all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Yuen
    yeah, all these buyers, think by bad mouthing, they can talk down the price until they can buy. From experience, I can tell, it doesn't work, just a waste of time. Isn't it better to just spend their time to do research and make a bid at a price that they are comfortable with? why bother guessing how low it will go? If they are not comfortable with the price, just wait till it falls to a price that they are comfortable in getting in. When the price gets there, then decide whether you want to buy or not. It's not like the stock market where prices change every day.

i believe the pool at RG will be more crowded than Cosmo, unless many units of RG are left vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by i12buyhouse
    Hi DW:

Look at the equity market , peoples rush to buy when price go up fast and rush to sell when price come down quick. However , when ever there big offer in super market (Giant & NTUC) , peoples will queue behind the door before it open. The differences between these 2 market are investment vs consumption (own stay) .

Property investment has the element of both. Those unit on Central Region like RG would have more investment characteristic, that explain why it go up fast and come down fast as compare to others sub urban units which are mainly owner stay.

As u look at the chart that u provided, huge transaction recorded during the bloom time. But very little transaction recorded in the last 6-8 months when indicative market value plunge from 2000+psf to current level at about 1050-1100psf. Hence , reduction of the price may not attract buyer for investment property. But movement of price will be very elastic for mass market property like HDB and sub urban private housing.
    Dear i12bh,
    Thanks for your views. I appreciate your point on "movement of price will be very elastic for mass market property like HDB and sub urban private housing" - which brings me to another question. Assuming price of RG falls to sub-1000psf, would it not then be very affordable by most mass market dwellers, resulting in a flood of these sub-1000psf buyers coming into RG and thereby providing some form of price support at that point in time. Perhaps then, the question would be, at what price would RG of 545 units be able to support before the mass market buyers start coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman
    i believe the pool at RG will be more crowded than Cosmo, unless many units of RG are left vacant.
    Cosmo:
    228 apartments on 113,000 sq ft of land, 40m lap pool (D), tiny Jacuzzi (E). Small children's pool (K).

http://www.wheelockproperties.com.sg.../siteplan.html

RG:
    545 units on 323,653 sq ft of land, huge swimming pool (E), already twice the size of Cosmo's pool. Children's pool (N). Infinity Edge pool (C), Jacuzzi (D), Jacuzzi lounge (Q), Hot tub (P), Spa jets (R).

http://www.rivergate.com.sg/index2.html (Click on Garden and select Site Plan at the top of that page)

Just the land area and the many other facilities available will already be sufficient to divert people to other activities, let alone the total water based activity area that is easily 3 times the size of Cosmo's. A little more than 2 times the number of units of Cosmo but almost 3 times the land area, Its pretty clear which has a higher density doesn't it? Definitely you will see more people in the pool at RG, but you will feel that it is more crowded swimming in the Cosmo pool, I feel.
    Last edited by bargain hunter; 23-03-09 at 20:43.

agree agree. ALL, 100% all projects are kena left and right in this forum. haha, this is the most interesting part of this forum, you can see certain members (those sure know who they are) can go around to almost every project and talk bad about it. hehe.. Take it as reading comics ..

Quote Originally Posted by cartman
    its ok, they are just offering another point of view and they do not appear to bad mouth RG just for the sake of it. generally, smaller developments are a little more exclusive than large developments. i think the finishing of Cosmo is better than RG but for families, RG might be more interesting because of the facilities and huge landscape. i guess it appeals to different folks.

best is to buy one in Cosmo and one in RG
    I agree that Cosmo has better finishing than RG. Actually, other than the colour of the wardrobes which looks a bit dated, the other finishes are really quite good for RG. Indeed, RG would appeal more to families for the reason you stated. Does that mean 3 and 4 bedrooms at RG would be more attractive than the 2 bedders?

Quote Originally Posted by sltc
    Any body knows what's the mthly maintenance for a 3 bedroom unit at RG ? I have asked a few agents last 2 days but no one can give me a confirmed answer.
    Surprisingly, a 4 bedder pays only $350 in maintenance it seems. Don't listen to some crap people who say 3 bedders already pay $500 in maintenance.

The price will stabilize until the following situation

(a) most of the buyers are owner who wanted to stay there
    (b) a market with readily available tenants and sustainable rental rate

Dear i12bh,
    Thanks for your views. I appreciate your point on "movement of price will be very elastic for mass market property like HDB and sub urban private housing" - which brings me to another question. Assuming price of RG falls to sub-1000psf, would it not then be very affordable by most mass market dwellers, resulting in a flood of these sub-1000psf buyers coming into RG and thereby providing some form of price support at that point in time. Perhaps then, the question would be, at what price would RG of 545 units be able to support before the mass market buyers start coming in.

yeah, all these buyers, think by bad mouthing, they can talk down the price until they can buy. From experience, I can tell, it doesn't work, just a waste of time. Isn't it better to just spend their time to do research and make a bid at a price that they are comfortable with? why bother guessing how low it will go? If they are not comfortable with the price, just wait till it falls to a price that they are comfortable in getting in. When the price gets there, then decide whether you want to buy or not. It's not like the stock market where prices change every day.

Which property here was not being bad mouth? I want to buy... hehe...
    Not possible as every property has its own strength and weakness with every different buyers who has different agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    Which property here was not being bad mouth? I want to buy... hehe...
    Not possible as every property has its own strength and weakness with every different buyers who has different agenda.
    Yes, every project has its strengths and weaknesses. But I notice there are few here always like to go around and make damaging instead of constructive comments.

Yes, every project has its strengths and weaknesses. But I notice there are few here always like to go around and make damaging instead of constructive comments.
    that's what i meant. For eg just for rivergate, some people who explicitly said they want to buy are also the ones who say its overcrowded, poor location etc. Indeed, every project or even every individual unit has its owns strengths and weaknesses and different people would value differently according to personal preferences.

I stay near the area. You really gotta enjoy walking to stay at RG or some parts of River valley area for that matter. On a seperate thread, I had mentioned that if you divide the land area by the number of units at Cosmo and likewise for RG, it is actually more dense to stay in Cosmo than RG. Most pple will say, u can't calculate that way, but just think about it, what are the chances that u will find a smaller and thinner 40m lap pool at Cosmo crowded than the huge pool at RG crowded?

Back to walking distance. I agree, that you will need to like to walk more than average to like RG. You work at near HSBC at Raffles Place? I work near there too and I stay further than RG in terms of walking distance. Still, I walk to work and back home. I reckon it will take 15 to 20mins to walk to raffles place from RG, depending on walking pace. Nonetheless, I can tell u that it is a very pleasant walking experience, very different from the average point to point walk. It is a direct route along the Singapore River, passing by all the shops and food establishments along Robertson and Clarke Quay followed by parliament house. No traffic lights, no roads to cross, just a smooth walking route all the way. Try walking to RG from your workplace after work, you will enjoy it. RG's nearest MRT is somerset, which is about 900m away. Similarly, Cosmo is about 900m away from Orchard MRT. If you are talking about alighting from a bus to get to Cosmo along Kim Seng Rd, you can alight 2 bus stops later at Zouk's bus stop to get to Rivergate. After Zouk, cross the river and you reach rivergate already.

I like RG's location a lot more than Cosmo. Why stay beside a busy cross junction when u can stay beside a peaceful river?
    Just visited a friend's unit last weekend. Omg, view is very nice. Sitting at the balcony in the evening looking at the river feels so romantic with my wife. Add a bottle of wine will be perfect.

There will always be ppl here who speaks with a hidden agenda. BTW, spoken to a few RG owners and most wanted to move in and stay. Not difficult to understand since its such a nice project.

that's what i meant. For eg just for rivergate, some people who explicitly said they want to buy are also the ones who say its overcrowded, poor location etc. Indeed, every project or even every individual unit has its owns strengths and weaknesses and different people would value differently according to personal preferences.

hush hush just heard Lippo trying to sell one block of RG at 980 psf ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    hush hush just heard Lippo trying to sell one block of RG at 980 psf ...
    Bro, serious? Too bad my wife ban me from buying, kena lecture from RG all the way back home after I told her we can get one unit to drink wine at the balcony every evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Bro, serious? Too bad my wife ban me from buying, kena lecture from RG all the way back home after I told her we can get one unit to drink wine at the balcony every evening.
    dont ask me for the source of this 'info' ...

i stayed clear of this tread as much as possible cos i first heard about Ferrel involvement sometime ago and apparently people think i spread rumor .. but i do not wish to get my source into any trouble ...

as for lippo ... i just heard it ..this morning

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    dont ask me for the source of this 'info' ...

i stayed clear of this tread as much as possible cos i first heard about Ferrel involvement sometime ago and apparently people think i spread rumor .. but i do not wish to get my source into any trouble ...

as for lippo ... i just heard it ..this morning
    But you have already spread another rumor