Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I will buy rivergate and the sail

Ferrell Investment is onwed by Lippo....

Agent pls contact me if this is truth... wish to buy 2 units.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    dont ask me for the source of this 'info' ...

i stayed clear of this tread as much as possible cos i first heard about Ferrel involvement sometime ago and apparently people think i spread rumor .. but i do not wish to get my source into any trouble ...

as for lippo ... i just heard it ..this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Yuen
    But you have already spread another rumor
    only time will tell .. like i said you can check with EVERY agent ...they will tell you NO WAY ..
    thats simply becos they dont have ONE BLK equivalent of buyers ..

that price is for someone who can buy the entire block ...

Quote Originally Posted by i12buyhouse
    Ferrell Investment is onwed by Lippo....

Agent pls contact me if this is truth... wish to buy 2 units.
    anyone who attempts to contact ferrel or lippo directly to buy at 980 psf wil be turned away ...

they want to sell 1 block at a go, not 1+ 2 + x +h +z+ g+h ..... = one block ...

know what i mean ... ??

hush hush just heard Lippo trying to sell one block of RG at 980 psf ...
    i thought this rumour has been ongoing for months? People talk from 980 to 700psf and wasting everybody's time. Now you want to start one more round of that? Btw, there are only 3 blocks at RG and Lippo/Ferrell does not own any 1 block. It owns units in all 3 blocks but has more than half of its units in 1 block.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i thought this rumour has been ongoing for months? People talk from 980 to 700psf and wasting everybody's time. Now you want to start one more round of that? Btw, there are only 3 blocks at RG and Lippo/Ferrell does not own any 1 block. It owns units in all 3 blocks but has more than half of its units in 1 block.
    sorry if you think i am trying to start rumour

case close ...

Guys relax. Don't fight please.

Surprisingly, a 4 bedder pays only $350 in maintenance it seems. Don't listen to some crap people who say 3 bedders already pay $500 in maintenance.
    wow that's one of the advantageous of staying in large developments. cosmo i was told is already $500+ for a 2 bedroom. newton and river valley areas already a few smallish condos (about 200+ units) paying $500+ for 2-3 bedrooms.

Cosmo:
    228 apartments on 113,000 sq ft of land, 40m lap pool (D), tiny Jacuzzi (E). Small children's pool (K).

http://www.wheelockproperties.com.sg.../siteplan.html

RG:
    545 units on 323,653 sq ft of land, huge swimming pool (E), already twice the size of Cosmo's pool. Children's pool (N). Infinity Edge pool (C), Jacuzzi (D), Jacuzzi lounge (Q), Hot tub (P), Spa jets (R).

http://www.rivergate.com.sg/index2.html (Click on Garden and select Site Plan at the top of that page)

Just the land area and the many other facilities available will already be sufficient to divert people to other activities, let alone the total water based activity area that is easily 3 times the size of Cosmo's. A little more than 2 times the number of units of Cosmo but almost 3 times the land area, Its pretty clear which has a higher density doesn't it? Definitely you will see more people in the pool at RG, but you will feel that it is more crowded swimming in the Cosmo pool, I feel.
    logically that is correct. what i meant was if you go to cosmo and stay there for a week or so, you will realise the pool is hardly used by anyone...chances are you will have the pool to yourself. for RG, its likely to be more heavily used. so different strokes for different folks. some like crowded pools so they can gawk at pretty folks and some like underutilised pools so they have it to themselves with more privacy. not a matter of which is better, just a matter of choice.

that's what i meant. For eg just for rivergate, some people who explicitly said they want to buy are also the ones who say its overcrowded, poor location etc. Indeed, every project or even every individual unit has its owns strengths and weaknesses and different people would value differently according to personal preferences.
    actually, some comments like overcrowded is valid if compared to say cosmo. also, its not wrong of buyers to say those things and yet still be keen to buy. eg. generally cosmo asking price is higher compared to RG, so even if one were to prefer cosmo slightly for various reasons, may still end up buying RG for cost reasons - maintenance fee is one factor with cosmo charging a fair bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman
    logically that is correct. what i meant was if you go to cosmo and stay there for a week or so, you will realise the pool is hardly used by anyone...chances are you will have the pool to yourself. for RG, its likely to be more heavily used. so different strokes for different folks. some like crowded pools so they can gawk at pretty folks and some like underutilised pools so they have it to themselves with more privacy. not a matter of which is better, just a matter of choice.
    my own experience, up to 400 units is about the limit, the pool is not crowded except on the occasional weekends, holidays etc.

thats why cant imagine those developements with 600 or 700 units how the pool situation is like...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    my own experience, up to 400 units is about the limit, the pool is not crowded except on the occasional weekends, holidays etc.

thats why cant imagine those developements with 600 or 700 units how the pool situation is like...
    as with all new projects...the pool / bbq always full in the first 6mths of TOP ... it will die off ... or residents find ways to aviod it ...

you will soon notice .. mornings and weekend are crowded with children ...

and most adults swim in the night to avoid collision with kids ...

soon it doesnt look crowded anymore

all agent will promote on good points and hide all bad points

they telling white lies.....

If we agent one day , Im sure we will do the same as them lor

The key points is do your homework....

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    all agent will promote on good points and hide all bad points

they telling white lies.....

If we agent one day , Im sure we will do the same as them lor

The key points is do your homework....
    Hi Acer, I beg to differ ur point. No doubt there are some black sheeps in the mkt but buyers these days are much more property-savy compared to the past. With the internet, u can almost find all the historical transactions n data relevant to the properties u want to buy. At the end of the day, it's all about your budget and how much u want the own a unit in the specific project. Agents are supposed to facilitate in the paperwork & bank loan + lawyer process & btw, some places when u step into the project, agents dun even need to say one word. The project auto-sells by itself. It's to the extent that u jus want to take ur cheque book out to offer without the agt even saying one word. But of cos, buying a property is not like buying one loaf of bread...u still have to take a bit of time to do ur own research. After all, it's ur money u are spending

I saw someone mentioned it takes 15-20mins to walk to RG from raffles place. well, my son's school is just beside RG and i walked from raffles place mrt few days back.

IT TOOK ME 25 mins and i was walking at a very fast pace along the river. And i mean fast pace, not your leisurely kind of walk. It was already quite cooling that day and i was already sweating like fish when i reached RG!

Don't believe me, just try for yourself one day. Don't come and arga arga what 15-20 mins.

15 mins or 25mins wun make a difference, bottomline is if you freaking walk in SG on a hot sun, 10mins is enuff to make you sweat like a pig unless it is a sheltered 25mins walk. At the very least the walking dist. to any convenient location like MRT, shopping mall should ideally be <=5mins to justify for its premium location even though i have no problem tahan 25mins walk in the sun

Tthe fastest and easiest way to get from raffles place to RG is to take a train to city hall, take 32 or 195 outside penisula plaza and then drop off at bus stop outside morningside and walk 5 mins down to RG.

All in, 25-30 mins but definately easier on your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    I saw someone mentioned it takes 15-20mins to walk to RG from raffles place. well, my son's school is just beside RG and i walked from raffles place mrt few days back.

IT TOOK ME 25 mins and i was walking at a very fast pace along the river. And i mean fast pace, not your leisurely kind of walk. It was already quite cooling that day and i was already sweating like fish when i reached RG!

Don't believe me, just try for yourself one day. Don't come and arga arga what 15-20 mins.
    I walk to work and back every day, how can i not know that i only take 20 mins between RG and my workplace? However, note that my starting point for RG is the side gate beside Robertson bridge and not the main gate and definitely not from your son's River Valley Primary School. I cross the Alkaff Bridge and walk on the side of River Place, pass by Riverside Pt, Central, The riverwalk and boat Quay, reaches uob plaza in 20mins.

If you prefer to get there fast, then hit the roads, walk along North Canal Rd, Merchant Rd then start your walk from riverplace. I was just suggesting a more scenic route as an alternative if you do not want to cross roads and breathe the fumes of cars.

20 mins possible. But 15 mins? No way seriously unless half walk half run.

Anyways, the point is it's walkable but not a lot of people would like to walk for at least 40 mins to and fro everyday. Maybe some do but most wouldn't.

it is fun to walk 25 or 30 mins once in a while

but do it everyday soon you will hate it, even 10 min walk will complain or look for transport liao haha

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    20 mins possible. But 15 mins? No way seriously unless half walk half run.

Anyways, the point is it's walkable but not a lot of people would like to walk for at least 40 mins to and fro everyday. Maybe some do but most wouldn't.
    I agree with you on this, that's why I said you really need to like to walk more than the average person if you are considering staying in RG and walking to raffles place in the earlier post. I timed it at 20mins on my average pace and 15mins if i walk quickly. Perhaps that day when you walk, you took the longer side of the river? Choosing the shortest route does make a difference because too many combinations are possible and if you walk on the wider side of the river, you are covering more ground.

You'd be surprised but if you walk like me daily, you see quite a number of people of all nationalities taking the river route, for those staying at Mirage, Robertson 100, The Quayside, Riverside 48 and The Pier and of course, River Place. Rivergate may be further than most of these developments but a small price to pay for skyscraper views (the nearer ones are all restricted to 12 floors and below).

Quote Originally Posted by august
    it is fun to walk 25 or 30 mins once in a while

but do it everyday soon you will hate it, even 10 min walk will complain or look for transport liao haha
    Hmm..I wonder if there will be a river taxi service to bring people to CBD when all the other developments like 8 Rodyk and The Inspira, Tribeca and Trillium are up. The current leisure cruise would take too long but maybe the operator will consider a speedier service when the population around the river grows.

I agree with you on this, that's why I said you really need to like to walk more than the average person if you are considering staying in RG and walking to raffles place in the earlier post. I timed it at 20mins on my average pace and 15mins if i walk quickly. Perhaps that day when you walk, you took the longer side of the river? Choosing the shortest route does make a difference because too many combinations are possible and if you walk on the wider side of the river, you are covering more ground.

You'd be surprised but if you walk like me daily, you see quite a number of people of all nationalities taking the river route, for those staying at Mirage, Robertson 100, The Quayside, Riverside 48 and The Pier and of course, River Place. Rivergate may be further than most of these developments but a small price to pay for skyscraper views (the nearer ones are all restricted to 12 floors and below).

when i was working in Manhattan ... which i will be, again by July this year, Ilived in 8th ave ..and i walked to my office at Park Ave .. 15 mins ...really nice and cool ... i no complain ...

but to walk 15 mins in spore's heat .. even 5 mins walk from Singland Tower to Golden Shoe is a chore ...

so the factor here is the 'weather' ...

Hmm..I wonder if there will be a river taxi service to bring people to CBD when all the other developments like 8 Rodyk and The Inspira, Tribeca and Trillium are up. The current leisure cruise would take too long but maybe the operator will consider a speedier service when the population around the river grows.
    i doubt ... many moons ago ...they also said ..can take a boat from Tanjong Rhu to clifford pier ... now even the pier is gone ...

i doubt ... many moons ago ...they also said ..can take a boat from Tanjong Rhu to clifford pier ... now even the pier is gone ...
    yeah, just a wild guess but at least there has been an existing service where the boats already travel from the Corpthone waterfront hotel to singapore flyer so the existing infrastructure is already there. all they need are faster (but hopefully not noisier) boats.

when i was working in Manhattan ... which i will be, again by July this year, Ilived in 8th ave ..and i walked to my office at Park Ave .. 15 mins ...really nice and cool ... i no complain ...

but to walk 15 mins in spore's heat .. even 5 mins walk from Singland Tower to Golden Shoe is a chore ...

so the factor here is the 'weather' ...
    For the morning, the usual time i start my walk is around 8+ and in the evening, the reverse at 6+ or 7 so i find that the weather is ok for most part of the year except for the hotter than usual mid year season. Other times of the day of course it will be hotter, especially in the afternoon. Well, just my personal preference. For the people here who are probably more wealthy than i m, just drive, its only a 5mins drive to orchard or cbd.

yeah, just a wild guess but at least there has been an existing service where the boats already travel from the Corpthone waterfront hotel to singapore flyer so the existing infrastructure is already there. all they need are faster (but hopefully not noisier) boats.
    would be nice though to have a river taxi service ... reminds me of recruit days ..ferrying between changi and tekong ...

would be nice though to have a river taxi service ... reminds me of recruit days ..ferrying between changi and tekong ...
    Err...that's a giant ferry, not exactly the kind of boat which would fit into the singapore river.

the operator of the boats had upgraded its fleet and all look nice and touristy but not practical for daily usage. they'll need a new type of boat if they do want to run a rush hour river taxi service.

For the morning, the usual time i start my walk is around 8+ and in the evening, the reverse at 6+ or 7 so i find that the weather is ok for most part of the year except for the hotter than usual mid year season. Other times of the day of course it will be hotter, especially in the afternoon. Well, just my personal preference. For the people here who are probably more wealthy than i m, just drive, its only a 5mins drive to orchard or cbd.
    not just heat also, we are in the tropics and that means big sun plus big rain, no mild weather like in temperate climate. If need to carry briefcase or laptop plus an umbrella, it will be very inconvenient. Once awhile is ok, if hv to do it everyday i dun think many people can tahan one. Best is still walk out a bit and take bus.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    Bro, dun think they are bad mouthing lah....some of the comments are quite valid. Like the huge number of units vis-a-vis Cosmo. Moreover, Cosmo loction is definately way better that RG. A few weeks ago went doen to reckee Pacific Mansion cos there's was a hot thread about it in this forum some time then, already not convemient to walk to PM. let alone RG (which i continue to walk down).

There is also this incident whereby I want to go down and check it out on Watermark (again due to the forum response comparing RG and WM). as I work some where around HSBC at Raffles Place, I decided to take a bus down during lunch hour at the Fullerton bus stop. But as I look at the bus guide, no bus to Mohamad sultan, no bus to Havelock, no bus to RV too!!!.

But for those whom say that buy RG already where got take public transport one....I will rest my case then.

Have a great week ahead all.
    Take river taxi from fullerton.

I think it will be REALLY cool if there is a ferry transport service sending people from RV area down the river to Raffles Place!! So idyllic!!