Thread: Are you one of them? Casa Merah giving up

Default Are you one of them? Casa Merah giving up

Hi, after a long wait, I decided to give up casa merah as i refused to pay the high price that the owners are still commanding. Anyone sharing the same sentiments?

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    Hi, after a long wait, I decided to give up casa merah as i refused to pay the high price that the owners are still commanding. Anyone sharing the same sentiments?
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=4852

thanks, read this before already.

How much in psf you expected...? mind to share..?

cant afford condo just go for hdb

have hdb already. upgrading to a condo.
    HDB is a discounted housing that everyone should take advantage of. so even have money, also won't buy condo first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapister
    cant afford condo just go for hdb
    sigh....

dude, you're way out of your league in these sections. go back to the suburban section - don't disrupt people's genuine inquiries with your diatribes

Default Casa Merah

I agreed with you. I was looking at casa merah but recently with all the bad news about the economy, I am not willingly to part my cash for it.
    I think to buy direct from developers is still the best. They offer all kinds of discount in the gloomy economy. Don't think Casa merah owners can sell can 580psf and absorb stamp duty and bank interest.

There is a plot of land infront of casa merah, hope it will be launch either this year or next year. If reasonable, will consider buying that.

I tink you can refer to the thread on the new development in Simei by UOL. Priced for HDB upgraders. And comparing simei to tanah merah, simei is better location with eastpoint and tampines not far away.

However, I used to stay near that area. Just to let you know the land that the project will be built on used to be a graveyard. But if you not supersitious i tink it will be worth a better look than Casa Mera.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean.G
    I tink you can refer to the thread on the new development in Simei by UOL. Priced for HDB upgraders. And comparing simei to tanah merah, simei is better location with eastpoint and tampines not far away.

However, I used to stay near that area. Just to let you know the land that the project will be built on used to be a graveyard. But if you not supersitious i tink it will be worth a better look than Casa Mera.
    .... Really that land is a formal graveyard, I was told it was the one besides it the EC, or is the whole pcs of land ie. DBR, SGreen, TSpring and Modena ? that must be long time ago.

A self-proclaimed very famous public figure, Dennis Ng, used to own a unit here. I personally wouldn't touch whatever a scumbag housing loan whore like Dennis has touched.

Quote Originally Posted by i12buyhouse
    How much in psf you expected...? mind to share..?

i'm looking at 610psf.

i'm looking at 610psf.
    How many rooms you looking for? Cause for smaller units I believe asking psf will be higher

im looking for a 2 bedroom, but i know the smaller the unit, the psf is higher. there's a standstill between buyers and sellers now, as no one seems to budge on their price.

im looking for a 2 bedroom, but i know the smaller the unit, the psf is higher. there's a standstill between buyers and sellers now, as no one seems to budge on their price.
    is casa merah FH or 99yr ?

why pay 610 psf (your budget) at that location ? if there are still 650-700 psf for FH at other location ..?

for everyone's info .. in a NORMAL market condition ... FH commands 20-25 pct higher than 99 yrs ...

there are in my opinion, a lot of good value FH out there ...

Hi Shespawn,

If you are not in a hurry, i wont say "PATIENCE" is the word. May be by end of the year or 2010 you may get what you wish. Singapore economy is going into a sharp contraction for the first two quater of the year.....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

why pay 610 psf (your budget) at that location ? if there are still 650-700 psf for FH at other location ..?

for everyone's info .. in a NORMAL market condition ... FH commands 20-25 pct higher than 99 yrs ...

Beverly at toh tuck, $648psf. prob can bargain down. FH. i saw the showflat in Dec. i like this one

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

Hi Proud owner,

Would you mind to share what are some of the good value FH you mentioned. Quite Keen on it

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Beverly at toh tuck, $648psf. prob can bargain down. FH. i saw the showflat in Dec. i like this one
    Any comments on this in terms of location and rental yield?

Quote Originally Posted by optraman
    Hi Shespawn,

If you are not in a hurry, i wont say "PATIENCE" is the word. May be by end of the year or 2010 you may get what you wish. Singapore economy is going into a sharp contraction for the first two quater of the year.....
    Agreed. And developers have already start to slash price in new projects... that is a trigger for price to fall further.

Yeah I agree Casa Merah is a little overprice now. But looking at the launch price during 2007, most of the owners bought at a relatively high price. So maybe that's the reason why owners refuse to part at lower price.

it's a price war now....

wait for 1-2 yrs, when land prices drop, and developers buy new sites for development at a cheaper cost, the overall cost could be cheaper... if you are not in a hurry to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Agreed. And developers have already start to slash price in new projects... that is a trigger for price to fall further.

What is the pcs of land infront of Casa Merah and East Maedo going to be? Condo or complex ??? and when its going to start selling if its condo.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    What is the pcs of land infront of Casa Merah and East Maedo going to be? Condo or complex ??? and when its going to start selling if its condo.
    i think... Mall at the center and residential on both sides... if didnt remember wrongly.

It's this :
    The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday awarded a 99-year leasehold condo site next to Tanah Merah MRT Station to top bidder TID, just a day after the tender closed on Tuesday.
    This contrasts with the couple of weeks or more that URA has taken to deliberate on awarding earlier sites, which fetched bids below expectations.
    TID's $84 million winning bid reflects a land price of about $282 per square foot (psf) of potential gross floor area, within the $250-$300 psf per plot ratio range market watchers predicted for the confirmed list site when it was launched in mid-July.
    TID is a joint venture between Singapore's Hong Leong Group and Japan's Mitsui Fudosan.The tender drew seven bids.

Quote Originally Posted by louisebrown
    It's this :
    Sorry me no expert in property. So does that mean this future residence will launch cheaper than Casa Merah?

Thumbs up

Anyone keen to own a unit of the following profile do call 82818888 for an immediate cheque offer!!! Sure Sell by today!!!

District: D15
    Tenure: Freehold
    Type: 3BDRM
    Size: 1044sqft
    Price: $700k
    Remarks: No Gimmicks!

Pet

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by louisebrown
    It's this :

Yes! this is the correct info!!!

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    Anyone keen to own a unit of the following profile do call 82818888 for an immediate cheque offer!!! Sure Sell by today!!!

District: D15
    Tenure: Freehold
    Type: 3BDRM
    Size: 1044sqft
    Price: $700k
    Remarks: No Gimmicks!

Pet

I am interested. can tell me more about the property? Name of property.

Default follow through

Quote Originally Posted by Black Label
    Sorry me no expert in property. So does that mean this future residence will launch cheaper than Casa Merah?
    For yr info , the land is bought at quite high price and i previously heard 800 plus to break even . This one is more exclusive though lesser units but nearer to MRT thus will block the sound of track for casa .

Japan developer will likely not sell cheap if you know what i mean