Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kembangan Suites (D14, Freehold)

Older units around may still be attractive as for the same price, you may get a much bigger unit perhaps twice the size of a KS unit. Tenant with families will prefer a bigger space.

Went to take a look yesterday. Landscaping already being done. Car park electronic signs in testing also. I think gonna TOP soon liao..

i tink those bigger 1+study units in KS cud possibly fetch 2.5k-2.8k

The cotz studios of size 38x to 400sqft oredi done at 2.2k (partial f)consistently and its not near any MRT

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i tink those bigger 1+study units in KS cud possibly fetch 2.5k-2.8k

The cotz studios of size 38x to 400sqft oredi done at 2.2k (partial f)consistently and its not near any MRT
    I am targeting 2.7-2.8k for the 1+1 and 2.4-2.5 k for the studio.
    I am impressed by the rental at cotz and prestige loft despite not being near a mrt.

Property chap: launch price around $900 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Older units around may still be attractive as for the same price, you may get a much bigger unit perhaps twice the size of a KS unit. Tenant with families will prefer a bigger space.
    Just my humble 1 cent worth:

If you are going for rental yield, then you should take the newer unit abeit half the size, assuming same yield.

If it's capital gain, it takes another like minded investor like yourself to realize that it's more worthwhile to buy a bigger unit at lower psf. The buyer pool is thus very much reduced. Most importantly, as a savy investor, will u give the previous owner a 200-300 psf gain? Cheers.

Got to know from an agent there is a new project launch near Kembangan mrt Palmera@east. Heard that the psf is 1400 psf and below. The price in that area seems to be creeping up.

Got to know from an agent there is a new project launch near Kembangan mrt Palmera@east. Heard that the psf is 1400 psf and below. The price in that area seems to be creeping up.
    Saw the location of palmera east. If that can sell at 1400 psf, then KS at 1500 psf is achievable. Drove by last week and everything looks almost ready, waiting eagerly for TOP and to welcome my tenants.

Whats the size of your unit and how much rental you would be expecting?
    I am thinking of getting a unit in kembangan area. Any recommendations?

Whats the size of your unit and how much rental you would be expecting?
    I am thinking of getting a unit in kembangan area. Any recommendations?
    studio 400+ sqft 2.5k
    1+1 500+ sqft 2.8k

I recommend KS lor. I thought you were hunting for those under valued older development? No durians?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Saw the location of palmera east. If that can sell at 1400 psf, then KS at 1500 psf is achievable. Drove by last week and everything looks almost ready, waiting eagerly for TOP and to welcome my tenants.
    KS @ 1500psf and abv is only good for Kembangan area projects... V sign

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    KS @ 1500psf and abv is only good for Kembangan area projects... V sign
    How is your studio unit at d'oasia? Possible to get 2.7k rental given its larger size?

How is your studio unit at d'oasia? Possible to get 2.7k rental given its larger size?
    Its a one bedder not a studio la. Plus i never put up for rent so dont know...

Its a one bedder not a studio la. Plus i never put up for rent so dont know...
    Actually, the difference between a studio and 1 br is that there are walls and a proper door separating the living/dining with the bedroom right? Is the toilet ensuite or located in the living but accessible both ways?

Nice place to stay in. Saw the facilities on the top floor and its really generous of the developer not to squeeze in penthouse units.

Actually, the difference between a studio and 1 br is that there are walls and a proper door separating the living/dining with the bedroom right? Is the toilet ensuite or located in the living but accessible both ways?

Nice place to stay in. Saw the facilities on the top floor and its really generous of the developer not to squeeze in penthouse units.
    Developer needs to compensate for the (forbidden) 'right beside Chinese temple with lots of smoke for those units facing it' and 'dong dong qiang' on Sunday part... thus even maintenance very the cheap at $175.

Layout here:

Did you look from below or you actually had lobang to go up and see? I like the very high ceiling of the penthouse units...puts Tennery's lofts to shame..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by aristos
    Did you look from below or you actually had lobang to go up and see? I like the very high ceiling of the penthouse units...puts Tennery's lofts to shame..hehe
    I went up to see. There are no penthouse units as the top floor is a gigantic roof garden and swimming pool. You meant the level below?

Developer needs to compensate for the (forbidden) 'right beside Chinese temple with lots of smoke for those units facing it' and 'dong dong qiang' on Sunday part... thus even maintenance very the cheap at $175.

Layout here:
    Nice layout. There is a proper closed kitchen for the 1 BR. Its a rarity nowadays.

I went up to see. There are no penthouse units as the top floor is a gigantic roof garden and swimming pool. You meant the level below?
    By default the units already come with 3.2m ceiling height.

I actually have penthouse units there. According to developer,lower level of my units are about 4.9m. The gardens are actually the penthouse terraces

Cool

went up(sneak in) to KS highest level to have a look @ the pool n the penthouse units in the early evening..i must say the view is nice up there looking towards the IR n city..
    evening though the facade looks almost ready from the outside,the interior is far from it! went inside the penthouse to have a look,there are many areas in the unit not completed,from the flooring,kitchen,bathroom to the bedroom...easily another 2 months at least to TOP..everything is still in a mess inside..

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    went up(sneak in) to KS highest level to have a look @ the pool n the penthouse units in the early evening..i must say the view is nice up there looking towards the IR n city..
    evening though the facade looks almost ready from the outside,the interior is far from it! went inside the penthouse to have a look,there are many areas in the unit not completed,from the flooring,kitchen,bathroom to the bedroom...easily another 2 months at least to TOP..everything is still in a mess inside..
    Can see IR meh? Isn't it blocked?

Cool

Can see IR meh? Isn't it blocked?
    only from the pool deck which has an unblocked view towards the city..in fact i was quite surprised also when i was up there.
    for the penthouse units,there are about 2 flights of steps to the lower level,so its not gona be easy climbing up to your master room.

That's why I am planning to build the loft at point after the first flight of stairs...should have more than enough height.

Cool

That's why I am planning to build the loft at point after the first flight of stairs...should have more than enough height.
    err...are u talking about KS or oasia? i was actually referring to the uncompleted penthouse in Kembangan Suites which i visited...
    personally,if i were to buy i'l choose KS cos of its location..dont fancy the big temple beside oasia..
    prices there @ KS is quite high now,all asking 1250psf n above..i m still waiting for something below 1200psf which i doubt will b able to get soon.

KS lah. Will add the loft after getting the keys

Cool

KS lah. Will add the loft after getting the keys
    oooh..thats nice,congrats! but will the loft take away the high ceiling effect of your penthouse? thats what living in penthouse is all about right?having double ceiling height effect!

Generally the idea is to build the loft inside, keeping the window side to show the full 4.9m. Good thing about KS penthouses is none are under the roof pool, giving them the very big height and ease of adding lofts.

Cool

Generally the idea is to build the loft inside, keeping the window side to show the full 4.9m. Good thing about KS penthouses is none are under the roof pool, giving them the very big height and ease of adding lofts.
    will it be using the same stairway to go up to the loft n master room? how much does it cost to build the loft?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    will it be using the same stairway to go up to the loft n master room? how much does it cost to build the loft?
    oh yes,u did mentioned earlier it was the same stairway..

Did you take any pics of KS inside and outside? Share some pix here leh, and esp after yoy had done up your loft! Am sure it will look swell...