Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Any recommendation for a good buy?

  1. #1
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Any recommendation for a good buy?

    Any good and reasonable condo to recommend?

  2. #2
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Thumbs up

    Hi Mary,

    Kindly drop me a line @ 82818888 for some good buy in town.


    Pet

  3. #3
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    hi mary, it all depends on what is ur definition of good & reasonable.

    There are a lot of good buys out there depending on which category of condo projects ur budget fits in.

    Home mortgage rates are at an all time low which makes it an advantage for home-seekers.

    And also, are u looking for a property more towards investing or just for home stay? That makes a big diff as well.

    With the upcoming new launches islandwide, home-seekers will be virtually spoilt for choice.

    There is no better time to go into the market now in my personal opinion.

  4. #4
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You must be another one from MLM who is better than Warren Buffet. Even WB picked the wrong share.


    Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    There is no better time to go into the market now in my personal opinion.

  5. #5
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    pls refer to

    [URL="http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=46702#post46702"]http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=46702#post46702[/URL]

    Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    Hi Mary,

    Kindly drop me a line @ 82818888 for some good buy in town.


    Pet

  6. #6
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hi mate, all i can say is when buying property, not only u need the cash & the foresight but u also need guts...lots of guts. Or else, how do u think millionaires like Donald Trump & Warren Buffet become who they are today. What goes up must come down, what goes down will eventually go up. If you are in the low-risk category, might as well buy govt bonds & fixed deposits...at least u will not lose money...but ur returns will be very modest or insignificant.

    Relate the current context to 2007...nobody expected the property to shoot up overnight...ppl who dared venture into the market at that time were well-rewarded (provided they cashed out before the market got over-heated & cooled off). I don't deny that the herd instinct in still pretty much prevalent in singapore but however @ the end of the day, you gotta trust ur own judgement & instinct. It's ur money @ the end of the day...it's ur call eventually how much u want to make or how much u want to lose. lolx Trust me...all this " waiting & seeing" group of buyers who hope the property will crash eventually...they will be priced out of the market & most likely have to wait for the next cycle which might be 5-10yrs away. Right now, all we need is a stock rally...then the property market will rally... so will the job market. That is what everyone is hoping for now. There will be no great depression as hoped by some.

  7. #7
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    Right now, all we need is a stock rally...then the property market will rally... so will the job market. That is what everyone is hoping for now. There will be no great depression as hoped by some.
    The last two dips in property (asian financial crisis and SARS) left property stagnant for years.
    It turns everyone super cautious. The buy now or you will be left behind parlor tricks of 2007/8 wont work anymore. Most people after a big shock like AFC will want to see sustained stabilization before.


    Neither will any absurd mention of Singapore Flyer , IR or F1.

    There is plenty time to pick of choice property over the next year or two.
    If anyone says otherwise you have to ask the most basic questions.

    1) why are there so many adverts to sell in the ST?
    If property is such a wonderful investment right now, why do the owners want to get rid of it? I would recommend that they keep it.
    2) why so many fire sales now appearing
    3) why auctions beginning to surface

  8. #8
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Dear home-run:

    I agree with u good investment need gut and foresight. To me, better foresight need to do more homework.

    Let me share with you that millionaire with gut and“foresight” like Donald Trump has just filled for chap 11. Warren Buffett and his Berkshire Hathaway Inc. has reported a 62 percent drop in its 2008 net income because investment and derivative losses of nearly $7.5 billion. Both of them are great investor , but they can make mistake like u and me.

    For the past 10 years horizon , US government bond is actually provide better yield than equity. Bond is lower risk than equity , but does not mean it is lower in return. Pls do your homework before quoting example.

    We are in a global recession. When was the last time you see a global recession..?

    What I am telling u is nobody would know the bottom ,only god know. Pls provide a more responsible view with substance, but without hidden agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    Hi mate, all i can say is when buying property, not only u need the cash & the foresight but u also need guts...lots of guts. Or else, how do u think millionaires like Donald Trump & Warren Buffet become who they are today. What goes up must come down, what goes down will eventually go up. If you are in the low-risk category, might as well buy govt bonds & fixed deposits...at least u will not lose money...but ur returns will be very modest or insignificant.

    Relate the current context to 2007...nobody expected the property to shoot up overnight...ppl who dared venture into the market at that time were well-rewarded (provided they cashed out before the market got over-heated & cooled off). I don't deny that the herd instinct in still pretty much prevalent in singapore but however @ the end of the day, you gotta trust ur own judgement & instinct. It's ur money @ the end of the day...it's ur call eventually how much u want to make or how much u want to lose. lolx Trust me...all this " waiting & seeing" group of buyers who hope the property will crash eventually...they will be priced out of the market & most likely have to wait for the next cycle which might be 5-10yrs away. Right now, all we need is a stock rally...then the property market will rally... so will the job market. That is what everyone is hoping for now. There will be no great depression as hoped by some.

  9. #9
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Wow thanks for all the advice.

    I am seeking for home to stay not so much for investment. However, I also do not want to buy a property to stay with no resale value.

    I need minimum 3 bedrooms for my family. Just not sure whether it is time to buy now or should I wait for another few months to a year.

    Cannot afford town and prime area. Maybe East or North-East. Budget $650 - 800K.

  10. #10
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    Wow thanks for all the advice.

    I am seeking for home to stay not so much for investment. However, I also do not want to buy a property to stay with no resale value.

    I need minimum 3 bedrooms for my family. Just not sure whether it is time to buy now or should I wait for another few months to a year.

    Cannot afford town and prime area. Maybe East or North-East. Budget $650 - 800K.
    There are some questions you need to decide whether it matters.

    Min size of unit?
    Freehold or not?
    How many units in development?
    Floor level?
    Near MRT (what is the walking time)?
    Direction of unit facing?
    Size of development?
    The list goes on...

    The clearer the requirements...I believe it is easier for the agent to find lobang for you. Anyway, I advise you to go "shopping" at the new developments. This will help you to familiarise yourself with the factors to consider when buying a house.

    You will be amazed at how "detailed" Singapore buyers are when picking the units in the development...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •