Thread: Buying/ Viewing Tenated Units

Default Buying/ Viewing Tenated Units

Hi All,

I just joined the forum.

Would appreciate if someone can offer some answers.

I went to see a condo and express interest in one of the unit of the development. However, was told that the unit is tenated. I am unable to view the tenated unit. But I have view other units at the same stack.

I am keen in getting the tenated unit, but was told that I am not allow viewing. I understand as there may be some privacy issue and also it will be really irriating for tenant, if there are house viewers with no intention to buy.

My question is

a. Is safe to buy without viewing the unit ?
    b. How should I demand to view the unit before buying ? Or can I have the right to buy first then view the unit and back out the deal if there are unauthorised alterations and protect myself by checking that the property is free of illegal additions and alterations before buying the option, or to include in the option to purchase, a clause enabling the buyer to exit the purchase before completion if there are illegal or unauthorised alterations and additions ?

c. As the unit is tenated, how do I go about the rent that will be collected in the remaining months to come. And legal items to take note?

This is my first purchase of the condo, and would appreciate all advices.

Thanks

Bear

Basically, they just don't know you are a serious buyer or not.

What you can do is to view other unit with the same layout to see if you like the layout. Then, bring a cheque to show your sincerity for viewing the actual unit. If they don't entertain you, ask them to get lost.

It is way too dangerous to commit without viewing.

never never buy without viewing... so risky

thanks august and issac,

I forget to mentioned that the unit is tenated out by the developer. The unit is presently still owned by the developer.

I have seen the unit at the same stack. very keen, but i prefer a higher floor unit.

Quote Originally Posted by flying bear
    thanks august and issac,

I forget to mentioned that the unit is tenated out by the developer. The unit is presently still owned by the developer.

I have seen the unit at the same stack. very keen, but i prefer a higher floor unit.
    imo its still no excuse for not being able to do viewing. no two units are the same...
    the developer's agent not doing their job lor.

Quote Originally Posted by flying bear
    thanks august and issac,

Oh.. then you are buying from developer is it? Are they providing rental guarantee? If yes, then that make sense... You are not allow to view the rented unit by developer. But you need to ask them to assure the condition of the unit.

If the developer is one of the big four, you don't have to worry. Their reputation is worth more then that single unit.

the tenants have what is called "quiet ownership" of the property during the time they are staying there. basically this means you can't demand to look at the property as they are the "owners" of it. you may ask them nicely tho.