View Poll Results: Will Rivergate hit 1k psf ?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • No chance

60 32.43%
  • Maybe

41 22.16%
  • Highly likely

39 21.08%
  • Confirm + Chop !!!

45 24.32%
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141525354555 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rivergate hit 1k psf and below?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Since the typical lag is about 4 - 6 weeks, given such pricing falling market, if we saw the transaction in URA is $990 psf (for example), the actual current market price should be lower than that 999 psf already, right?

so we can always try our luck to offer slightly lower than the latest URA price? say $900 psf (since 6 weeks ago already dropped to 999 already?)
    I am tracking several singapore properties since 2006. One of the extreme cases I have seen, was a penthouse unit at 11 amber. It was on the market for over a year asking for 3.5 million. Last month it was listed at 2.6 million. It sold finally for 2.3 million.

Make an offer to agents at which you think the price is fair, and wait for it to drop to those levels.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kalumder
    I am tracking several singapore properties since 2006. One of the extreme cases I have seen, was a penthouse unit at 11 amber. It was on the market for over a year asking for 3.5 million. Last month it was listed at 2.6 million. It sold finally for 2.3 million.

Make an offer to agents at which you think the price is fair, and wait for it to drop to those levels.
    So do your several properties close to 2006 level yet? or still at early 2007 pricing?

User Info Menu

So do your several properties close to 2006 level yet? or still at early 2007 pricing?
    some are, some are not. It is hard to tell what the real asking price is. Nobody is going to list the unit with a offer at which they are willing to sell at. So you have to make an offer, wait and find out.

I cannot tell you what the prices during 2006 where, because already then I knew prices where inflated! that is why I followed and have not bought, yet. 2006 prices have no bearing on my purchase decisions.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kalumder
    some are, some are not. It is hard to tell what the real asking price is. Nobody is going to list the unit with a offer at which they are willing to sell at. So you have to make an offer, wait and find out.

I cannot tell you what the prices during 2006 where, because already then I knew prices where inflated! that is why I followed and have not bought, yet. 2006 prices have no bearing on my purchase decisions.
    iProperty and PropertyGuru, which asking price is more closer to the actual possible deal price?

User Info Menu

iProperty and PropertyGuru, which asking price is more closer to the actual possible deal price?
    does not matter. You will see the same unit/landed pop on propertyguru several times over the weeks sometimes with different asking prices. Different agents often trying to sell the same unit.

If you want to see what a unit is really worth look at the rental market on propertyguru/iproperty (Remember though that asking prices for rent can be negotiated down 10-20% in the current market). For me, a unit which would get 6000$ a month rent, should cost around 1.5million. This would get me 4% net return on my investment. If you are buying for own stay, than you might have other criteria than price (value for money, is maybe not as important).