View Poll Results: Will Rivergate hit 1k psf ?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • No chance

60 32.43%
  • Maybe

41 22.16%
  • Highly likely

39 21.08%
  • Confirm + Chop !!!

45 24.32%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rivergate hit 1k psf and below?

i see, thanks for clarification. anyway sales had been brisk so i guess not much issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    well.. take back means... the person in charge of the sales is no longer David Lee but Yao Cher Wan.

What i highly suspect is that there is only one investor in Ferrell's property fund.. that is why things can be so fluid.

Yes, the units are still owned by Ferrell, but they basically no longer makes decision on what to sell and how much to sell at anymore...

Default Message from an Agent

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I received an email from an agent contact - his comments and sales pitch reminds me of some of the comments the forummers here made about agents in general... ... I must say I am rather shocked by this agent and his pitch. Really bizarre![/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']===========================================[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Dear Friends

The market is heating up very fast in the past few weeks;
    will it become like the good o' days again in 2007 boom?

It certainly feels like it recently. Im getting giddy from recent property response!

Rivergate #38-09 has already been sold at $1800psf in the market,
    and over 60 units there by Ferrell Asset Fund sold at $1500-1750psf.
    In Q1 you can buy a high floor for only $1150psf. Imagine how much
    money was then on the table.... (no worries, if you know how to cherrypick
    there r still money to be made now)

It feels the same elsewhere for many projects.
    For those still waiting at the sideline for
    more signs of certainty to come in the market then come in....
    be prepared to witness the next property tsunami craze in the next few months.

You have being warned in advance! (ever saw how ladies rush in some fashion clothing shops when there's sale?)

Why is all this happening? Economy haven't recover yet but everyone is buying?
    Reason is simple: Always remember we are not the only player in this Monopoly game..
    When signs get really clear, other players will also rush in... any game that involves human being
    makes the game play more complicated and unpredictable. Especially when theres money on the table.

Wishing you massive wealth from all the opportunities from this Crisis. Call/email/sms me if you wish to invest.

[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']XXX

[/FONT]

Laugh out loud...

Read the first Rivergate thread....with amusement.

All those people there posted from Jan to March 09 asking for 700psf to 950psf. Speculation from that thread was like below $1k psf then they will consider. Even make the agents over there look like fools when units are asking above $1000psf..

Guess following the major crowd is always wrong...

Now RG going for $1300psf to $1500psf. Guess most of them there miss the boat by following the major crowd...

I got mine @ $11xxpsf.... .In the boat and now offloading....
    Last edited by DealsHunter; 31-05-09 at 05:16.

That's a good move by you. I was saying that whole speculation was a waste of everyone's time and those bears bombarded me by saying it will trigger bank top-ups similar to margin calls and prices will fall cascadingly and trigger more people to get bank top-up calls. then prices will fall to 1k, 900, 800, 700psf, truly amusing. J-Dog even offered to chop if 800psf is not achieved by Dec 2009. He's been all quiet since then.

Quote Originally Posted by DealsHunter
    Laugh out loud...

All those people there posted from Jan to March 09 asking for 700psf to 950psf. Speculation from that thread was like below $1k psf then they will consider. Even make the agents over there look like fools when units are asking above $1000psf..

Now RG going for $1300psf to $1500psf. Guess most of them there miss the boat by following the major crowd...

Laugh out loud...

Well done! I similiarly asking everyone to get their units range from $1050 to $1200 if they can afford and give others a chance to earn. No need to force others too the wall by asking $900-$1000psf. Too bad I already committed in other property, else I will surely get one at your price range.

Yesterday, I went to Martin Place. The place was packed and asking price was $1,400psf! Looking at the cars that are parked outside against my Japanese car, I know that they should not have difficulty to sellout! Meaning if the sale goes well at Martin Place, RG should expected to appreciate further!

I agree that Economy may not get any better in 2009. But everyone else is believing that 2010 onwards will be better.

Unless there is another major crisis, we don't expected to see major fall in the property price further.

Actually, the real test for the economy will be the next 6-12 months.
    A lot of company of downsizing, retrenching, cost-cutting... to boost bottom-line, looks better during disclosure...

If demand does not pick up in developed countries, mainly US, economies will still be in trouble...

Anyway, if you smell a good deal and can afford it, just GO for it. We are already near the bottom, 1 bird in hand is better than 2 in the bushes. History is the only one that get its right when timing the market :-)

regards

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    Well done! I similiarly asking everyone to get their units range from $1050 to $1200 if they can afford and give others a chance to earn. No need to force others too the wall by asking $900-$1000psf. Too bad I already committed in other property, else I will surely get one at your price range.

Yesterday, I went to Martin Place. The place was packed and asking price was $1,400psf! Looking at the cars that are parked outside against my Japanese car, I know that they should not have difficulty to sellout! Meaning if the sale goes well at Martin Place, RG should expected to appreciate further!

I agree that Economy may not get any better in 2009. But everyone else is believing that 2010 onwards will be better.

Unless there is another major crisis, we don't expected to see major fall in the property price further.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    That's a good move by you. I was saying that whole speculation was a waste of everyone's time and those bears bombarded me by saying it will trigger bank top-ups similar to margin calls and prices will fall cascadingly and trigger more people to get bank top-up calls. then prices will fall to 1k, 900, 800, 700psf, truly amusing. J-Dog even offered to chop if 800psf is not achieved by Dec 2009. He's been all quiet since then.
    Laugh out loud....

They merely following the crowd, not wrong though. Full of Negative thoughts and comments but they do visit showflats, visit property sites and websites and made ridiculous offers like $700psf-900psf.

On the contrary, with people like them i will know where the crowd are heading to that's when i made my decision to jump in earlier.

Certainly agree with you, they are quiet now.... .

Laugh out loud....

They merely following the crowd, not wrong though. Full of Negative thoughts and comments but they do visit showflats, visit property sites and websites and made ridiculous offers like $700psf-900psf.

On the contrary, with people like them i will know where the crowd are heading to that's when i made my decision to jump in earlier.

aiya why u all so critical, nobody can predict the market. now RG buyers may be celebrating at 1400psf, ha maybe 6 months later, a change of event take place and everyone will regret buying at that price. of course the other way can also happen and it cheong to 1800psf.

so what i am trying to say is that unless u have already locked in profit, nothing can be assumed. good luck to everyone vested.

I guess J-Dog has made himself unforgettable by many after reading the RG thread. Anyway, I've also jumped onto the boat at 11xx psf notwithstanding the 'speculation' that RG prices will plunge to 700-900psf. Well, advice to all readers will be to do your homework and read all posts with a big table spoon of salt.

Laugh out loud....

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
    I guess J-Dog has made himself unforgettable by many after reading the RG thread. Anyway, I've also jumped onto the boat at 11xx psf notwithstanding the 'speculation' that RG prices will plunge to 700-900psf. Well, advice to all readers will be to do your homework and read all posts with a big table spoon of salt.
    Good on you. I was hunting and made quite a few offers even up to $1250 psf... unfortunately the market was already running and offers kept geting rejected.

i wish i had gotten an unit there. that was the only place my wife actually thought we can move in. ha ha....

i seriously doubt that the price will go below $1k psf. Given that i suspect most people bought it above that price, it will be a firm support at that price.

other inferior development around that area, such as Wharf Residence are trading above that price too, gives me reasonable comfort that prices are more likely to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    Good on you. I was hunting and made quite a few offers even up to $1250 psf... unfortunately the market was already running and offers kept geting rejected.

i wish i had gotten an unit there. that was the only place my wife actually thought we can move in. ha ha....

i seriously doubt that the price will go below $1k psf. Given that i suspect most people bought it above that price, it will be a firm support at that price.

other inferior development around that area, such as Wharf Residence are trading above that price too, gives me reasonable comfort that prices are more likely to stay.
    If I were a seller, with IR opening just 6 more months away with SIBOR at 0.X%, STI cheong everyday, why SELL?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    If I were a seller, with IR opening just 6 more months away with SIBOR at 0.X%, STI cheong everyday, why SELL?
    I am not a buyer, and I am noy interested in RG. but many experts say that the recent run up in stock markets is a bear market rally and will soon fizzle out. I believe they are right. So, if you are smart, you should sell and get rid of your albatross and allow yourself a good night's sleep.

RG will drop to less than 1000 psf in one year's time, I firmly believe. even today, there are so many units for rent and for sale. No one actually wants to live in it. It is just greed that drove investors to buy units in this condo.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    but many experts say that the recent run up in stock markets is a bear market rally and will soon fizzle out. I believe they are right. So, if you are smart, you should sell and get rid of your albatross and allow yourself a good night's sleep.
    Wow you actually believe the experts! Don't hear what the expect say. Now the "experts" are changing their views! They only say maybe it is a bear rally. See the "key word". I believe the rally will stop eventually but it doesn't mean that once it stopped, it will drop back to 1500 level. It means that it will stay at least at 2,200 level and test the new high once a while to push the STI higher till further bad news appear.

Your believe is only justifiable if there are further more bad news than the financial crisis. You are such people that I like because when you feel that market is stable or going up then you enter, it is the time where I sell to lock the profit.

RG will drop to less than 1000 psf in one year's time, I firmly believe. even today, there are so many units for rent and for sale. No one actually wants to live in it. It is just greed that drove investors to buy units in this condo.
    Justify by facts and figures and not by feel. What is the percentage of units renting and units for sale. If RG is selling at 1100psf, it would have already sold out as many buyers are waiting to jump in based on the interest in this thread. And don't assume Singaporean as the only buyer.

Default Bull run

Market is moving my friend. Ppty mkt is going up like it did in 2007. Just wait for few months and you will notice the momentum picking up. The reason is the int rates is unnaturally kept low. In fact because policy makers are nervous so they will keep the rates low for much longer than previous recessions. Nett result is that prices will have to go up. Anyone can do the sums of loan rate vs rental. It is at historical advantage now to buy.

there are 384 units for rent and 200 units for sale. go check propertyguru.dom.sg for yourself.

there are 384 units for rent and 200 units for sale. go check propertyguru.dom.sg for yourself.
    Are these 384 units renting at 2000 per month? Or the 200 units selling @ loss? What is the cheapest unit on sale now?

Wow you actually believe the experts! Don't hear what the expect say. Now the "experts" are changing their views! They only say maybe it is a bear rally. See the "key word". I believe the rally will stop eventually but it doesn't mean that once it stopped, it will drop back to 1500 level. It means that it will stay at least at 2,200 level and test the new high once a while to push the STI higher till further bad news appear.

Your believe is only justifiable if there are further more bad news than the financial crisis. You are such people that I like because when you feel that market is stable or going up then you enter, it is the time where I sell to lock the profit.
    When the last bear is converted into a bull, that's the end of a bull run

Erm so? Say they bought at 1200-1400psf, will they sell at <1000psf or just tenant it out at slight loss for 2 yrs to tide over? Remember, there are still a lot of cash rich pple in S'pore and abroad. If owner is really distressed, the unit will be snapped up at 1000-1100psf. But, I certainly do not mind RG price plunge to < 1000psf so that I may pick up another unit . RG < 1000psf in a yr's time? We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
    Erm so? Say they bought at 1200-1400psf, will they sell at <1000psf or just tenant it out at slight loss for 2 yrs to tide over? Remember, there are still a lot of cash rich pple in S'pore and abroad. If owner is really distressed, the unit will be snapped up at 1000-1100psf. But, I certainly do not mind RG price plunge to < 1000psf so that I may pick up another unit . RG < 1000psf in a yr's time? We shall see
    It is naive to believe that the property market will recover just because the stock market is on the mends. there are so many projects that were delayed and will be put back on the market. So, whatever the stock market does in the next six to 12 months, there is no way that the property market will get back to its glory days in 2007. the price will have no place to go but down. Singapore has a unique problem that no one else has. An overbuilt property market, that will take years to digest.

factor in double or triple posting.. probably avg 130+ units more accurate ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    factor in double or triple posting.. probably avg 130+ units more accurate ~
    Tat's the problem with internet marketing.

It is naive to believe that the property market will recover just because the stock market is on the mends. there are so many projects that were delayed and will be put back on the market. So, whatever the stock market does in the next six to 12 months, there is no way that the property market will get back to its glory days in 2007. the price will have no place to go but down. Singapore has a unique problem that no one else has. An overbuilt property market, that will take years to digest.
    Maybe you wanna set a date for this, same like J-dog.

Those who spot big trend make it big. Those who spot small trend make little. Those who are against the trend, got buried. Look at the attached technical chart. SG property never goes below the support line since 1960.

FYI, temporary stock market correction may be coming tonight, just now somebody took a half a million dollars short position at S&P500 and market reversed shortly after that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jitkiat; 03-06-09 at 15:59.

From this sentances I can tell you that your statistic is very incorrect and very naive.

can someone pls explain to me the rationale behind the mad rush these few weeks to buy rivergate at 1500 psf ++??is the rental yield great or they really think market will go above 1800 psf again ?

I certainly hope nobody makes the mistake by researching based on propertyguru only

From this sentances I can tell you that your statistic is very incorrect and very naive.

Greedy investors like wat stalingrad mentioned ?

denverusa
    can someone pls explain to me the rationale behind the mad rush these few weeks to buy rivergate at 1500 psf ++??is the rental yield great or they really think market will go above 1800 psf again ?

I am not a buyer, and I am noy interested in RG. but many experts say that the recent run up in stock markets is a bear market rally and will soon fizzle out. I believe they are right. So, if you are smart, you should sell and get rid of your albatross and allow yourself a good night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by denverusa
    rationale? no rationale! Many people bought the green shoot theory and panicked, and piled into the market in droves.

Haha, lemmings, and they deserve to die when RG hit the 900 psf mark.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Is there a need to curse people who buy property at current price? Who knows whether RG will hit 900 psf? I also really hope it will falls to 900 psf (so that I can buy another cheap cheap) but unfortunately nobody wants to sell me at such price and NO, there is no need to curse these sellers, regardless of whether they are really smart or stupid depending on how the future prices pan out.

rationale? no rationale! Many people bought the green shoot theory and panicked, and piled into the market in droves.

Haha, lemmings, and they deserve to die when RG hit the 900 psf mark.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Those who spot big trend make it big. Those who spot small trend make little. Those who are against the trend, got buried. Look at the attached technical chart. SG property never goes below the support line since 1960.

FYI, temporary stock market correction may be coming tonight, just now somebody took a half a million dollars short position at S&P500 and market reversed shortly after that.
    I doubt that was the reason for the market to erase its early gain today. more likely, it is the reversal of US futures. ADB report is coming out today at 8:30 pm. if there is no quick turnaround in employment situation, and the friday employment report is lousy, expect the dow to get below 8,000 again. haha, lemmings, die and you don't even know what hit you.