Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trilight (D11, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Default Trilight (D11, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Hi guys,

Does anyone know about this condo
    trilight condo by Ho bee

Yes, it used to be Elmira Heights. This one will be competing with L'viv by Wing Tai right next door. Ho Bee paid a high price for the enbloc.

If you like the area why not try Residences@Evelyn or Newton One. I believe can negotiate for good price.

Developer sale return my mail and said that this project has not been launch yet.

Expected Q2 of 2009 or Q3

What do you think the launching price will be? worth investing in a studio apartment here???

$1300 psf.

still acceptable. arte doing around $1000 psf

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    still acceptable. arte doing around $1000 psf
    slow slow wait
    $ increase liao.

Default Trilight Launch Date !

Anyone got any clue when this will be launched ?

And better still the expected launch price ?

YFG

if this is launched, probably may fetch $1500psf & abv. newton one is asking $1900psf

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why? I suppose can launch at $1500 psf because all >=1800 sqft unit and people who can buy means can buy (cannot one won't look at it). Newton One? $1300 psf niah. People can ask for the sky but are there transaction even at $1400 psf? (I even saw St Thomas Suite asking for only $1650 psf, not to mention the former is just Newton area).

if this is launched, probably may fetch $1500psf & abv. newton one is asking $1900psf

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why? I suppose can launch at $1500 psf because all >=1800 sqft unit and people who can buy means can buy (cannot one won't look at it). Newton One? $1300 psf niah. People can ask for the sky but are there transaction even at $1400 psf? (I even saw St Thomas Suite asking for only $1650 psf, not to mention the former is just Newton area).
    let's see how the ura prices be like in next few weeks. i was hoping that the prices will come down as you would like to from what i see from your responses.....otherwise how to afford such high prices even at 90% financing.

sadly the forces dont seem to work as how we think.

invisible hand in the works.

Being able to afford or not is 1 thing. A person who can afford doesn't mean he has to buy as becoming 'carrot head' by buying at stupid price is another thing.

let's see how the ura prices be like in next few weeks. i was hoping that the prices will come down as you would like to from what i see from your responses.....otherwise how to afford such high prices even at 90% financing.

sadly the forces dont seem to work as how we think.

invisible hand in the works.

Being able to afford or not is 1 thing. A person who can afford doesn't mean he has to buy as becoming 'carrot head' by buying at stupid price is another thing.
    definition of "stupid price"?
    may be master teddy bear is able to share. i missed the window. Will Sept be a good month? should we wait for another 30% drop in prices then we buy. every project is not good at that price - too high price, too small the bedroom, high density, not enuf facilities....may be master teddy bear can also share which are the best project in each D9 , D10, D11.

or 30% drop is not good enuf, wait for another 10% drop,....maybe another 5%

or wait till the market tanks and banks cut financing margin to 60% only?
    then we buy.....cheap cheap and throw in 40% downpayment

definition of "stupid price"?
    may be master teddy bear is able to share. i missed the window. Will Sept be a good month? should we wait for another 30% drop in prices then we buy. every project is not good at that price - too high price, too small the bedroom, high density, not enuf facilities....may be master teddy bear can also share which are the best project in each D9 , D10, D11.

or 30% drop is not good enuf, wait for another 10% drop,....maybe another 5%

or wait till the market tanks and banks cut financing margin to 60% only?
    then we buy.....cheap cheap and throw in 40% downpayment
    my pick :
    valley park .. big land ..great location .. loads of amenities ..cheaper compared to any new launch in that stretch

Cairnhill residences .. top of the hill .. cheapest new condo considering its location ..highest point of orchard road

Residences @ Evelyn ... near MRT and yet away from the crowd ..probably same psf as Infinia ... but more high class feel ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    my pick :
    valley park .. big land ..great location .. loads of amenities ..cheaper compared to any new launch in that stretch

Cairnhill residences .. top of the hill .. cheapest new condo considering its location ..highest point of orchard road

Residences @ Evelyn ... near MRT and yet away from the crowd ..probably same psf as Infinia ... but more high class feel ..
    finally someone who researched well..need to check out the first two..i missed buying unit up for sale at residences@evelyn in mar & april. that time prices were low. you are right on this project versus infinia. inifina is a bit crowded and ppl like to pay additional for common space. and residences@evelyn is at higher ground versus projects surrounding..missed the boat and never can catch it.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...51777,00.html?

Published September 25, 2009

Hundred Trees condo priced at $895 psf

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

CITY Developments Ltd (CDL) is said to have begun selling the first phase of the 956-year leasehold Hundred Trees condo in the West Coast area at an average price of $895 per square foot.

In full bloom: The development takes its name from some 100 pink mempat trees that will line the project's walkways

Buyers can opt for an interest absorption scheme (IAS) - but they'll have to pay 2.5 per cent more.

About 150 of the project's total 396 units are believed to have been released under the first phase.

Sales to former owners of the Hong Leong Garden Condominium - from whom CDL bought the site through a collective sale in 2007 - began yesterday. CDL staff as well as special guests were also invited to purchase units at Hundred Trees yesterday.

The preview for other buyers who had pre-registered interest in the development begins today.

BT understands that one and two-bedroom apartments, and two bedroom-plus-study units make up around 40 per cent of total units in the 12-storey condo.

Prices of one-bedders, which are about 485 square feet, begin from over $500,000. Two bedders range from 690 to 786 sq ft while two-plus-study units are between 915 and 1,227 sq ft.

'With a relatively large proportion of smaller units, the absolute price quantum per unit has been kept relatively affordable,' a market watcher said.

Hundred Trees' average price is below earlier expectations in some quarters of about $930-$980 psf.

However, it is higher than the recent transactions in the West Coast area, noted analysts. Over the past few months, units at Botannia and Carabelle (both completed this year) have sold at a median price of about $800 psf while units at The Parc Condo, which is still under construction, have changed hands at a median price of about $850 psf, according to caveat data.

Analysts' estimates of CDL's pre-tax earnings from Hundred Trees vary widely, from about $75 million to $135 million, depending on the efficiency ratio (ratio of the project's total saleable area to gross floor area) and construction cost assumptions.

CDL paid $131.5 million for the 266,076 sq ft Hong Leong Garden Condominium plot. This worked out to about $363 psf of potential gross floor area inclusive of development charge, which was reported at about $23 million at the time.

The site is zoned for residential use with a 1.6 plot ratio. Some analysts have suggested that CDL's breakeven cost could be below $700 psf.

Hundred Trees takes its name from some 100 pink mempat trees, dubbed the local version of Japan's sakura or cherry blossoms, that will line the project's walkways. The location is popular with the Japanese community; there are Japanese schools nearby and Japanese restaurants in the Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre next to the Hundred Trees site.

Although IAS was scrapped on Sept 14, a developer can still offer the scheme for a project if the developer and its partner bank have entered into an agreement before that date to offer IAS for the project and the developer has already offered units in the development for sale under IAS before the same date.

Other projects expected to be previewed in the coming weeks include Far East Organization's Alba, a 50-unit project at Cairnhill Rise that will have a 'white plan' similar to the group's Boulevard Vue project at Cuscaden Road where apartment layouts can be customised to individual buyers' preferences.

Far East is also expected to preview soon its 278-unit freehold Cyan condo at Keng Chin Road in Bukit Timah.

Starlight Suites at River Valley Close and Ho Bee's Trilight at Newton Road are also expected to be released soon.

See details of Trilight here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Interestingly, location map showing United Square, Novena Square, Novena Square 2 and Novena MRT station instead of just Newton MRT station only (as though the latter not attractive enough by itself).

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    See details of Trilight here.

Interestingly, location map showing United Square, Novena Square, Novena Square 2 and Novena MRT station instead of just Newton MRT station only (as though the latter not attractive enough by itself).
    i thgt i saw newton mrt on left
    huh smtg wrong wth my eyes

??
    The development's pristine location is only a 5 minutes walk from Newton MRT Station and within minutes from prestigious schools such as Anglo Chinese Junior School and Anglo-Chinese Primary school.

is tis project nearer 2 novena mrt?

This is also my question. Why show Newton MRT station and then also Novena MRT station with United Square, Novena Square and Novena Square 2 in the location map and show as those the latter is so close?

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    is tis project nearer 2 novena mrt?

This is also my question. Why show Newton MRT station and then also Novena MRT station with United Square, Novena Square and Novena Square 2 in the location map and show as those the latter is so close?
    y not?
    make sense 4 developer.
    but ur comments dont make sense.
    if i look at other projects synopsis ard newton area, i c same.

It only make sense when United Square, Novena Square, and Novena Square 2 are so important in helping developers to attract buyers to their project so much so that they must highlight them and draw them to appear so close-by (by extending the project title "Trilight" so close to the 3 squares that if I didn't know the project and vicinity well I would have thought Trilight is just beside these 3 Square) in addition to mentioning that the project is near Newton MRT station (where surrounding is just a dead-town). This is a smack in the face of those who insisted that projects nearer Newton MRT station is more prestigeous and definitely deserve a premium as opposed to being closer to Novena MRT station (if such hypothesis is true, developers should hide Novena MRT station and its surrounding 3 shopping malls as showing them will degrade the price and prestige of their projects).

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    y not?
    make sense 4 developer.
    but ur comments dont make sense.
    if i look at other projects synopsis ard newton area, i c same.
    Last edited by teddybear; 26-09-09 at 00:53.

maybe they want to show Newton MRT for prestige, but also Novena for convenience/eateries/shopping malls. As per google (measured in strait line), it is about 250m away from Newton MRT but 720m away from Novena MRT, so walking to Novena nearby malls is still possible but a bit far in Singaporean standard.
    I've seen unit plan sent by agent, many 2-bedder units, however 3-bedder units are super big, at least 2099sf, with huge balcony, bay windows, 3 toilets and so on, i wonder quantum will be high.

I suppose so. Without the 3 Squares for eateries & shopping malls will definitely greatly diminish the value and attractiveness of the project even if it is close to Newton MRT (since that surrounding is like a dead-town anyway). Let's wait and see how much they can sell for the big size 3-bedders. Heard the price may be around $1800 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by chenjdd
    maybe they want to show Newton MRT for prestige, but also Novena for convenience/eateries/shopping malls. As per google (measured in strait line), it is about 250m away from Newton MRT but 720m away from Novena MRT, so walking to Novena nearby malls is still possible but a bit far in Singaporean standard.
    I've seen unit plan sent by agent, many 2-bedder units, however 3-bedder units are super big, at least 2099sf, with huge balcony, bay windows, 3 toilets and so on, i wonder quantum will be high.

wonder if there is a underpass to access Newton MRT? Or have to go by passing Dunearn Road and Bukit Timah Road?

No underpass. Anybody who want to walk to Newton MRT station from Trilight will have to walk along Newton Road, pass by Newton One entrance and turn round the corner of Newton One, walk some more distance along Dunern Road to a traffic light, cross that, go under the Dunearn flyover, cross a pretty long bridge over a smelly big lokang (very eerie at night), wait for another traffic light to cross, then walk pretty some distance to the Newton MRT station entrance, go underground and still have to walk quite some distance to control station of Newton MRT station to enter into the station.

Quote Originally Posted by chenjdd
    wonder if there is a underpass to access Newton MRT? Or have to go by passing Dunearn Road and Bukit Timah Road?

No underpass. Anybody who want to walk to Newton MRT station from Trilight will have to walk along Newton Road, pass by Newton One entrance and turn round the corner of Newton One, walk some more distance along Dunern Road to a traffic light, cross that, go under the Dunearn flyover, cross a pretty long bridge over a smelly big lokang (very eerie at night), wait for another traffic light to cross, then walk pretty some distance to the Newton MRT station entrance, go underground and still have to walk quite some distance to control station of Newton MRT station to enter into the station.
    wow, tks, do you stay near there?
    i am watching google map, now i see, it will be a long walking distance...crossing newton circle is shortest way but seems unlikely given heavy traffic

Huh. i walked fm park infinia 2 novena mrt.
    damn far le. underpass so long.
    hv u walked b4 or not? i checked internet, shorter distance 2 walk 2 newton mrt fm park infinia.
    novena square same like other cap shppng mall.
    i dun understand ur comments.