Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Illuminaire (D9, Freehold, EL Development)

Looks like you will need to go for the VVIP preview tomorrow to find out . Maybe they will remove the bomb shelter door and keep it somewhere.

"But the door for the bomb shelter is heavy and it opens outwards and most walkin closets have sliding doors, so how does that work out? Unless the bomb shelter door is permanently left open and latched to the wall and a mirror or some ornament placed at the back of the door to give people the impression that it is not a bomb shelter, otherwise i don't see how it can work... "

there are no windows in the bomb shelter, so can't make it into a bedroom or study. wardrobe is already a first already. I have never seen a wardrobe in a bomb shelter before.

Quote Originally Posted by xtink
    why didn't they think of redesigning the HS as a 2nd bedroom or study room? then can also sell off the unit as 1+1 or 2 bedroom?

unless they do not include bay windows, planters etc as livable space, then i believe.

look at the 2 bedder. my own 2 bedder is far bigger sqft wise, but already i find it super cramped.

something is really wrong with the drawings, or at least the scale of the furniture.

one thing i've learnt - it always looks far far bigger on paper

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...27604,00.html?

Published April 9, 2009

Two more projects coming onstream

High-end Illuminaire launches this week; HDB's The Peak hits the market April 15

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) EL Development will launch its high-end condominium Illuminaire along Devonshire Road this weekend.

The Peak: The project is expected to be about two to two-and -a- half times subscribed by the time applications close

Apartments in the 72-unit project will be priced at an average of $1,700 per sq ft.

But because they are small - the entire development consists of one-bedroom and two-bedroom units - the overall quantum buyers will have to fork out will be kept low, said the company's managing director Lim Yew Soon.

One-bedroom units, which will be 441 sq ft or 463 sq ft, will all cost less than $800,000, Mr Lim said.

And all two-bedroom apartments, which will be 635 sq ft or 721 sq ft, will sell for under $1.25 million.

EL Development decided to go ahead with the launch as 'we cannot wait indefinitely', Mr Lim said. 'We feel the market is slowly moving now.'

Analysts say an estimated 2,100-plus new homes were sold in Q1 - the highest number since the market was hit by the US mortgage crisis in the last quarter of 2007 and more than four times the number of new units sold in Q4 2008.

Despite a pick-up in transactions, luxury apartments are not selling well. Mr Lim said the reason is that most are quite big, which means the amount needed to buy one is quite high. The small units in Illuminaire are 'more affordable', he said.

Also on the market soon will be HDB's design, build and sell project The Peak @ Toa Payoh. A consortium led by Hoi Hup Realty will launch the 1,203-unit project on April 15.

Homes in The Peak will sell for $500-$510 psf on average, said a spokesman for the consortium, which includes Sunway Developments and Hoi Hup JV Development, whose shareholders include Straits Construction and Hoi Hup Realty.

The consortium bought the site from the state for $198.82 million, or $160 per sq ft per plot ratio, in August 2008.

Most flats in The Peak - 802 of them - will be five-room units. There will also be 306 four-room flats and 95 three-room flats. Prices will be 'affordable', the spokesman said.

Three-room units will cost from $355,000 to $398,000, four-room units from $468,000 to $582,000 and five-room units from $539,000 to $698,000. There will also be about 24 'exclusive' five-room units costing from $700,000 to $722,000.

The spokesman said the project is expected to be about two to two-and-a-half times subscribed by the time applications close on April 28.

the trick is to make bedroom 2 super small...when u see the real unit, it will probably be outrageously tiny, then minus 1 toilet, in the end the liveable area is very small while the balconies and planters are comparatively too high a proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    unless they do not include bay windows, planters etc as livable space, then i believe.

look at the 2 bedder. my own 2 bedder is far bigger sqft wise, but already i find it super cramped.

something is really wrong with the drawings, or at least the scale of the furniture.

one thing i've learnt - it always looks far far bigger on paper

I think this project is a real good investment.

Admore2 has dropped to 1700psf which is a better investment. only problem is cheapest ardmore 2 condo cost millions as the units are big

anyone came back from the showflat ?

comments?

price?

buy at 1700psf sure huat....reason that property is cyclical. i know of a millionaire developer (office in taka) already starting to snap up properties in town....

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    Admore2 has dropped to 1700psf which is a better investment. only problem is cheapest ardmore 2 condo cost millions as the units are big
    My friend is still at the showflat now. I was told tat e it was v v crowded. Abt 90% of 1 bedder already taken up.

how much are they selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    how much are they selling?
    Looking at ard 1800psf I tink.

OMG tat 1800psf , ppl also buy where they can get s@C at a slight lower price

with such a lousy layout ppl still buy....

mayb ppl r like tat , c ppl buy , they buy

with a bomb shelther in the unit also ppl buy

ever been to a hawker centre .. see a particular stall queue long long and say to yourself .. the FOOD MUST BE GOOD ??

unfortunately thats singaporeans .....

the stall next door can be just as good ... and you see foreigners buying from there ...

stack 2 and 3 fully sold

suites at central cannot get 1 bedroom for < 800k, nor 2 bedrooms at < 1.25m so pple just jump in for this project. Maybe the interest absorption scheme and low 20% deposit quantum also plays a part while they wait for the project to TOP. I'd prefer s@c anytime.

"One-bedroom units, which will be 441 sq ft or 463 sq ft, will all cost less than $800,000, Mr Lim said.

And all two-bedroom apartments, which will be 635 sq ft or 721 sq ft, will sell for under $1.25 million."

Well, if it is really tat lousy, dun tink it will be swept out so fast....

stack 2 and 3 fully sold
    Yup. Stack 4 going fast as well.

any new updates? stacks 2,3,4 fully sold? its amazing, but there always seems to be constant demand for these tiny units, i don't know why. Mercury, Alexis and a whole bunch of them at Wilkie/Spohia/Mckenzie roads and another bunch near little india, all sold well by huttons regardless of market conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by b&j
    Yup. Stack 4 going fast as well.

Although i'd never buy this property (too cramp for my liking), i think many people see this as a potential to invest when the psf eventually goes up to 2k+.. other than that, i cannot fathom any locals actually staying there.

have we missed the boat or are the buyers buying w/o thinking?

where peoples greedy , you should fear. When peoples fear you should be greedy.

there will still be bargains around so don't worry about missing the boat. As to who are the buyers and why they are buying, its hard to guess. I can't even imagine foreigners wanting to rent such units.

i'm happy to miss this boat

the prices will surely shoot up to 2k psf just a matter of time. I will buy it at 1700psf if i have the mula as it is hard for the price in such an area nt to go up. Remember people buying zion rd's zenith and novenas soleil at 1700psf so wat u think of a unit in heart of shopping district will fetch next time?
    Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    there will still be bargains around so don't worry about missing the boat. As to who are the buyers and why they are buying, its hard to guess. I can't even imagine foreigners wanting to rent such units.

Smile

any new updates? stacks 2,3,4 fully sold? its amazing, but there always seems to be constant demand for these tiny units, i don't know why. Mercury, Alexis and a whole bunch of them at Wilkie/Spohia/Mckenzie roads and another bunch near little india, all sold well by huttons regardless of market conditions.
    I went down to join e crowd juz nw. When I arrived at 5.30pm, there were only 5 units left. Level 2,3,4 left....

wah, so hot! 72 units, cleared out 67 units in 1 day?!

Quote Originally Posted by b&j
    I went down to join e crowd juz nw. When I arrived at 5.30pm, there were only 5 units left. Level 2,3,4 left....

wah, so hot! 72 units, cleared out 67 units in 1 day?!
    Seriously such a gd deal meh?

I have no idea, but small units simply can find their own fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry
    Seriously such a gd deal meh?

small unit buyers are usually small players who dont want to be left out by the big boys. It gives average folks a chance to rub shoulders with the ultra rich who spend money snapping up million dollar ptys in town like buying grocery.
    I have no idea, but small units simply can find their own fans.