Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Illuminaire (D9, Freehold, EL Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Hmm... not to take any sides as I didn't follow the exchange... but I believe the correct spelling is boondocks.
    Used 'dogs' for implied emphasis.

gfoo has the intellect the size of a peanut, so save ur effort educating him and leave it to his primary school teacher...

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Hmm... not to take any sides as I didn't follow the exchange... but I believe the correct spelling is boondocks.

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    Self contradicting nuthead, i think this place is beyond your intellect so go find another forum to contradict yourself again. I do not think you would even qualify for a position as a security guard at my new condominium in the central coz you lack the mental faculties to even understand the purpose of a bomb shelter.
    err.. care to share where your "new condominium in the central" is?
    i mean your tone make it sound like it's some big deal, so i shan't disappoint u by not asking where it is ...

where i live or am going to live is no big deal unless gfoo is interestd in becoming a security guard there then i may decide to put in a word to the security agency to have him hired as a guard there b4 TOP in 2011. But again he will definitely fail his security tests, so why shud i bother in e 1st place.
    Quote Originally Posted by august
    err.. care to share where your "new condominium in the central" is?
    i mean your tone make it sound like it's some big deal, so i shan't disappoint u by not asking where it is ...

where i live or am going to live is no big deal unless gfoo is interestd in becoming a security guard there then i may decide to put in a word to the security agency to have him hired as a guard there b4 TOP in 2011. But again he will definitely fail his security tests, so why shud i bother in e 1st place.
    but in e 1st place u the one who brought it up mah

say lah.. since u say no big deal mah

u interested in working for the development as well?
    but in e 1st place u the one who brought it up mah

say lah.. since u say no big deal mah

u interested in working for the development as well?
    see which development lor.. say lah

Smile

haha say out so u can criticise? I wont do that. All i can say is mre than 150 happy households will move into e condo upon top
    see which development lor.. say lah

haha say out so u can criticise? I wont do that. All i can say is mre than 150 happy households will move into e condo upon top
    criticise? aiyo why so negative leh ... tsk tsk tsk

Coz you have this tendency to do so...

criticise? aiyo why so negative leh ... tsk tsk tsk

Coz you have this tendency to do so...
    only to those who can't take criticism ~ hee

hv a nice weekend

hi guys i guess can call an end to this thread liao lah....last unit #02-01 for illuminaire was sold this morning =) 100% sold out in 3 days preview.

next upcoming projs...the bellerive @ keng chin & Mt Sophia suites
    keen to find out more can email me @ [email protected]

Cheers to all...mkt sentiment is really improving...6 units in rv suites sold today...balance last 12 units~~

Great! Let us now wait for desperate sales at 1500psf b4 TOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    hi guys i guess can call an end to this thread liao lah....last unit #02-01 for illuminaire was sold this morning =) 100% sold out in 3 days preview.

Cheers to all...mkt sentiment is really improving...6 units in rv suites sold today...balance last 12 units~~

Has anyone in this thread bought a unit?
    If yes , would appreciate if you can give ur honest comment on why u wana buy?

To us , my view is on this project sucks...
    1) why developer wans to built a HS in the middle to the room?
    wat is their true implication? no one knws

2) When we went to the showflat, you know why the bed was custom make to round in shape.
    Cos with a super single, with the HS door in, I think you cant really open the door wide .It maybe block by the bed

3) showflat is alway make to the best outlook to viewer.
    When you want to sell, if buyer make a comment eerrrrr why the hS is built in the middle of the unit....you cant explain

I understand now is not a must to built a HS in the unit.if yes , then why RV , mecury , Alexis , Kebambang suits are not built with a HS ?

I do not deny the location is superb.Im sure once the place is built , price around the area will go down.

Of course , buying a properties is personal.I just wana know the reasons

I am not a buyer there, but isnt the reason for the buying obvious. They are mainly speculators who await the price to pick up in the central so they are those who don't want to miss the wave..

Quote Originally Posted by Acer

2) When we went to the showflat, you know why the bed was custom make to round in shape.
    Cos with a super single, with the HS door in, I think you cant really open the door wide .It maybe block by the bed

When you want to sell, if buyer make a comment eerrrrr why the hS is built in the middle of the unit....you cant explain

I understand now is not a must to built a HS in the unit.if yes , then why RV , mecury , Alexis , Kebambang suits are not built with a HS ?

I do not deny the location is superb.Im sure once the place is built , price around the area will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by home-run

US directs GM to prep for bankruptcy filing-NY Times

Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:08:00 GMT

WASHINGTON, April 12 (Reuters ) -

The U.S. Treasury Department is directing General Motors GM.N to lay the groundwork for a bankruptcy filing by June 1, even though the automaker has publicly stated it could reorganize outside of court, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

GM is operating under emergency U.S. government loans. It has been told by the Obama administration's task force overseeing its bailout that it must cut costs and reduce its debts in order to continue to receive aid.

The White House-appointed autos task force has given GM 60 days to come up with a restructuring plan and it is trying to determine whether the automaker can be a viable company.

Quoting sources who had been briefed on the GM plans, the Times said the goal was to prepare for a fast "surgical" bankruptcy.

The newspaper said preparations are aimed at assuring a GM bankruptcy filing is ready if the company is unable to reach agreement with bondholders to exchange roughly $28 billion in debt into equity in GM and with the United Automobile Workers union.

A plan under consideration would create a new company that would buy the "good" assets of GM after the carmaker files for bankruptcy, the Times said.

Less desirable assets, including unwanted brands, factories and health care obligations, would be left in the old company, which could be liquidated over several years, according to the paper.

Treasury officials are examining one potential outcome in which the viable GM enters and exits bankruptcy protection in as little as two weeks, using $5 billion to $7 billion in federal financing, a person briefed on the matter told the Times.

The Times sources declined to be identified because they were not authorized to discuss the process. Both GM and Treasury Department officials declined to comment, the newspaper said.

Last week, GM's chief executive said the automaker wanted to restructure out of court, but also preparing for a bankruptcy filing.

GM......Illuminaire......what is the link?

Quote Originally Posted by cheahsg
    US directs GM to prep for bankruptcy filing-NY Times

Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:08:00 GMT

WASHINGTON, April 12 (Reuters ) -

The U.S. Treasury Department is directing General Motors GM.N to lay the groundwork for a bankruptcy filing by June 1, even though the automaker has publicly stated it could reorganize outside of court, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

GM is operating under emergency U.S. government loans. It has been told by the Obama administration's task force overseeing its bailout that it must cut costs and reduce its debts in order to continue to receive aid.

The White House-appointed autos task force has given GM 60 days to come up with a restructuring plan and it is trying to determine whether the automaker can be a viable company.

Quoting sources who had been briefed on the GM plans, the Times said the goal was to prepare for a fast "surgical" bankruptcy.

The newspaper said preparations are aimed at assuring a GM bankruptcy filing is ready if the company is unable to reach agreement with bondholders to exchange roughly $28 billion in debt into equity in GM and with the United Automobile Workers union.

A plan under consideration would create a new company that would buy the "good" assets of GM after the carmaker files for bankruptcy, the Times said.

Less desirable assets, including unwanted brands, factories and health care obligations, would be left in the old company, which could be liquidated over several years, according to the paper.

Treasury officials are examining one potential outcome in which the viable GM enters and exits bankruptcy protection in as little as two weeks, using $5 billion to $7 billion in federal financing, a person briefed on the matter told the Times.

The Times sources declined to be identified because they were not authorized to discuss the process. Both GM and Treasury Department officials declined to comment, the newspaper said.

Last week, GM's chief executive said the automaker wanted to restructure out of court, but also preparing for a bankruptcy filing.

to remind people dark clouds are still lingering around...

dark clouds always looming in the skies, but one thing is certain, the land below the clouds in singapore will always remain unchanged in terms of size (plus minus a few tens of square kilometres due to land reclamation).

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...79940,00.html?

Published April 11, 2009

Surprise all round as buyers snap up units at Illuminaire

3 units left after previews began on Thursday

By UMA SHANKARI

NINETY-SIX per cent of units in the freehold luxury condominium Illuminaire on Devonshire have been sold at an average price of $1,700 per sq ft since previews started on Thursday, developer EL Development said yesterday.

SMALL IS GOOD
    The freehold District 9 condominium consists entirely of one- and two-bedroom apartments

By 5pm yesterday just three units were left in the 72-unit, 19-storey project. They were all on lower floors, said the company's managing director Lim Yew Soon.

The quick sales took many - including Mr Lim - by surprise. 'We are a bit surprised at the results,' he said. 'We were expecting it to be about 50 per cent sold.'

While transaction volumes picked up in the first quarter of the year, most activity has been in the mass market segment.

CB Richard Ellis put the take-up of new homes in Q1 at between 2,000 and 2,200 units - the highest since Q3 2007. But no new high-end project was launched in Q1.

Analysts, as well as Mr Lim, attributed the success of Illuminaire to the small size of the units, which means the absolute amount a buyer had to fork out was not as much as with bigger units.

The project consists entirely of one- and two-bedroom apartments. One-bedroom units, which are 441 sq ft or 463 sq ft, all cost less than $800,000. And all the two-bedroom apartments, which are 635 sq ft or 721 sq ft, sold for under $1.25 million.

Small units are proving popular in the current downturn. In Q1, for example, shoe-box units in city-fringe locations were snapped up. Projects such as Alexis, Nova 88 and The Mercury sold well, at prices ranging between $900 psf and $1,200 psf for unit sizes of 340 sq ft to 750 sq ft. Most of these units were sold at an absolute quantum of less than $600,000.

The quick sales at Illuminaire could be due to investors wanting to own a property in prime District 9 without paying too much upfront, said Nicholas Mak, director of research and consultancy at Knight Frank.

'Traditionally, it has always been hard to find anything in District 9 for less than $1.3 million,' he said. 'With this project, investors had the opportunity. I won't say this points to a recovery in the high-end market.'

Most of the buyers at Illuminaire were Singaporeans or permanent residents, Mr Lim said.

EL Development offered buyers an interest absorption scheme. Illuminaire is expected to receive its temporary occupation permit by Q1 2012 at the latest, Mr Lim said.

The project was marketed by Huttons Asia.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Also, does anybody know what are all those structures on top of the SingTel building nearby? Are those radio transmitters, repeaters, or? I never like living so close to such strong radio transmitting devices like this (or the big satellite dish etc). There are already reports that putting a handphone (which is a micro-radio transmitter & receiver by the way) to the ear for too long is not good, what about putting such mega-transmitters close to us for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year? I never like the thought and the feeling. Any electronic engineering expert can comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Acer

dark clouds always looming in the skies, but one thing is certain, the land below the clouds in singapore will always remain unchanged in terms of size (plus minus a few tens of square kilometres due to land reclamation).
    I guess Cheahsg posted that GM article because homerun was saying "mkt sentiment is really improving..." which is not exactly true because it's still very much a period of uncertainty.

As the saying goes, buy when others fear, fear when others start buying....

Quote Originally Posted by nusnam
    I guess Cheahsg posted that GM article because homerun was saying "mkt sentiment is really improving..." which is not exactly true because it's still very much a period of uncertainty.

As the saying goes, buy when others fear, fear when others start buying....
    But do others really fear? I don't think so. Not with so many buying with abandonment.

But who are we to question why those that buy buy. if they want to commit financial suicide and be declared a bankrupt, let them do it. Who are we to stop them.

the way I see it, the more people buy, the more will default on their loans, the more danger the banks will be put in. When banks can no longer lend, the market will crash, then we can pick up some real bargains.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    the way I see it, the more people buy, the more will default on their loans, the more danger the banks will be put in. When banks can no longer lend, the market will crash, then we can pick up some real bargains.
    same here.. i hope the recent buying spree at new launches is just a cover up for the declining market and then the 'real' bargains start popping up..

*rub hands*

Quote Originally Posted by nusnam
    same here.. i hope the recent buying spree at new launches is just a cover up for the declining market and then the 'real' bargains start popping up..

*rub hands*

I am sure the government is watching with concern that so many people are buying these chicken coop units. government is worried not because it worries about the buyers suffering losses in the future. it couldn't care less if these morons buy with abandonment. It worries about the health of the banks.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

However, if we see it in another way, because they are buying these small units at very affordable prices in absolute value term (mostly below $1m), don't think many can't afford (they can be considered prudent in another sense in that they are just buying a $1m home & not $2m or $3m or more?). By a rule of thumb, to afford a property of $1m, the purchaser just need a household income of $8k and above (of which more than 20% of household in Singapore can afford anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    But do others really fear? I don't think so. Not with so many buying with abandonment.

But who are we to question why those that buy buy. if they want to commit financial suicide and be declared a bankrupt, let them do it. Who are we to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    However, if we see it in another way, because they are buying these small units at very affordable prices in absolute value term (mostly below $1m), don't think many can't afford (they can be considered prudent in another sense in that they are just buying a $1m home & not $2m or $3m or more?). By a rule of thumb, to afford a property of $1m, the purchaser just need a household income of $8k and above (of which more than 20% of household in Singapore can afford anyway).
    When recession deepens, how many of these chicken poop buyers will be able to pay back the loans after they lose their jobs. economic growth is now in the double digit negative territory. Many jobs will be shed, and many will not be able to pay back loans. and foreclosures will soar.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    oh well, another one of your subtle ways to convince others its ok to buy such overpriced properties if $8K household income is all that is needed to buy a 1 million property, many of us could have easily bought a couple. but the reality is its not true! the cost of living in singapore is not low. already at $8K/mth ceiling, some couples claim they can barely afford hdb flats!

bottomline, what you are advocating is very risky for such borderline folks to commit to million dollar homes and leave them no room to manoeuvre in these uncertain times. should any lose their job or suffer a paycut, it may result in a firesale and financial ruin for them.