Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Illuminaire (D9, Freehold, EL Development)

I took an stroll around my neighborhood. I counted at least 20 sites waiting to be developed along a one-kilo stretch of the road. I told my wife, the market is going to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I took an stroll around my neighborhood. I counted at least 20 sites waiting to be developed along a one-kilo stretch of the road. I told my wife, the market is going to crash.
    where about is your neighbourhood ?

one query: what is the reason for the alexis units being returned to developers?

cannot be simply becasue these speculators cannot flip/sell rite? like that developers where got safeguard? this is not Marks and Spencer or Macy leh

if it's becaue the buyers did not meet the financial criteria for a loan (even for 400k+ only unit), then it's another story.

any btw, regardless u are saint or not, avoid names calling lah.

Enough is enough with this bullshit from the housing bulls. Do you morons know

(1) many units of the alexis have already been returned by the speculators to the developer, because they cannot flip?

(2) Do you know that expats are leaving singapore in droves, hence reducing demand for all kinds of condos, especially the chicken coop types

(3) do you know that there will be 38,000 plus condos topped in the next one to two years? And who are going to keep buying them to prop up the prices.

Yes, some of us are sour grapes, but most of us are not. We are just making a honest assessment, and doing you speculators a favor by warning you not to sell you wife and kids to satisfy your gambling need.

i did not say live in one and rent out one. i said live in one and rent out 2 on condotion that the 2 rented out is fully paid). I don't mind sharing my secret with you. the key to buying good units in hdb to rent out is to get one in an estate where there is an undersupply of good rental units or good resale units. for buying to condos to rent, it is the same thing. the estate has to be small and at the same time near schools, amenities, MRT, NUS, NTU and SIM etc. There can be oversupply of rental flats or condos, but remember this, the ones near amenities will always get rented out first...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ideally,to live in one and rent out another to help subsidise the first ..thats on most of our minds ...

but have you wonder ..are there going to be sufficient or sustainable demand for rental ?

now outflow of expats is greater than inflow ..

over the past 2 yrs ..the enblocs have created a temporary demand for rental , as owners moved out and rent, while waiting for the new ones to be ready for occupation ..

when they are all TOP-ed .. wouldnt there be a huge surplus of units seeking rental ?

right now, easily there are 100 units available at Horizon Tower for rent .. at 4.5k ( u can find these adverts in prop guru) which will compete with neighbouring projects who is asking 6-8k ... in current conditions, many will choose to take 4.5k horizon than 7.5k paterson ..right ?

so how to subsidise your condo ?

so wouldnt market eventual adjust itself and selling price has to come off ? or rental comes off ?

As for where you should buy, that is something i won't give away, you have to fugure it out yourself. just look at the papers regarding flats going below value....the estate not mentioned is the one i am talking about.....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Can you even read and understand simple English!
    There is really nothing contradictory and no need to twist & turn. $8k/mth is enough to afford a $1m home. $8k/mth is really nothing much in Singapore because many Tom, Dick, and Harry also easily earn $8k or more month. Of course, $8K/mth is NOT enought to buy "Multi" million home.

Come on, making money also must have a life - only idiots will conceive the idea of selling wife & kids to make money! How do you know whether I had already invested in a few properties? This is what people call "dog eye see people low".

On the other hand, those who has not bought any private property will be spilling all sort of bad words and hoping that property price will collapse.
    lol, again trying to attack those who are giving good advice on the market situation. even if the property market will not collapse, it will not be a U or V shape recovery. more likely to trend downwards. so why ask the borderline folks to over commit themselves to try to sustain the property market? many tom dick and harry will know your motive. worried that the bank will come after you to top up with a further fall in valuation? or worst, refuse to disburse your loan?

rather than try to persuade those making a mere 8K/mth to gamble and take on huge risks to commit to million dollar homes. surely you can tell by now i do not agree on the 8K benchmark as the risk is too great for such folks to commit such a large chunk of their salaries (which may be adversely affected should the economy worsen) just to buy a pigeon hole. its more akin to gambling than investing. you should heed your own advice and ante up.

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    i did not say live in one and rent out one. i said live in one and rent out 2 on condotion that the 2 rented out is fully paid). I don't mind sharing my secret with you. the key to buying good units in hdb to rent out is to get one in an estate where there is an undersupply of good rental units or good resale units. for buying to condos to rent, it is the same thing. the estate has to be small and at the same time near schools, amenities, MRT, NUS, NTU and SIM etc. There can be oversupply of rental flats or condos, but remember this, the ones near amenities will always get rented out first...
    hmmm...you regularly buy good units in hdb to rent out?

Those that continue to think mickeymouse units in alexis and illuminaire can be rented out easily are delusionaires. Have you ever rented out studios to expats? Do you know how mnc hr have changed the terms for expat packages? Do you even know which condos are in the mnc 'preferred' lists?

If a local already finds it impossible to live in a mickeymouse, much less an expat conditioned to bigger spaces back home. If an expat can qualify for his 1/4 pay housing subsidy, why would he want to incur the ridicule of his peers by wasting it on a mickeymouse, esp when there is no lack of units coming up in the cbd eg mbr and one shenton, at rental yield adjusted psfs far far less than illum and on par w alexis?

Just because orchard is an expat haven does not mean the prestige trickles down to mickeymouses. It's like asking a belt-tightening senior VP to drive a Lexus branded nanocar rather than an LS. He would rather go for a Hyundai Genesis for the same money.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Those that continue to think mickeymouse units in alexis and illuminaire can be rented out easily are delusionaires. Have you ever rented out studios to expats? Do you know how mnc hr have changed the terms for expat packages? Do you even know which condos are in the mnc 'preferred' lists?

If a local already finds it impossible to live in a mickeymouse, much less an expat conditioned to bigger spaces back home. If an expat can qualify for his 1/4 pay housing subsidy, why would he want to incur the ridicule of his peers by wasting it on a mickeymouse, esp when there is no lack of units coming up in the cbd eg mbr and one shenton, at rental yield adjusted psfs far far less than illum and on par w alexis?

Just because orchard is an expat haven does not mean the prestige trickles down to mickeymouses. It's like asking a belt-tightening senior VP to drive a Lexus branded nanocar rather than an LS. He would rather go for a Hyundai Genesis for the same money.
    The Genesis is not as cheap as you think it is.

bachelors or young couples may like to live in small units and not all expats come to singapore with 3 to 4 kids looking for 3 or 4 bedders. A living room, a dining area, a kitchen, a bedroom, a small study (for quite reading) and a small balcony is chill out is all some people need. Some people just need a nice and cozy home to return to for simple relaxation after a tiring work space is only relative to the needs of the person and we cannot look at the physical size alone....

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    The Genesis is not as cheap as you think it is.
    lol. my bad - . i'm bad wid cars.
    Last edited by gfoo; 18-04-09 at 00:40.

bachelors or young couples may like to live in small units and not all expats come to singapore with 3 to 4 kids looking for 3 or 4 bedders. A living room, a dining area, a kitchen, a bedroom, a small study (for quite reading) and a small balcony is chill out is all some people need. Some people just need a nice and cozy home to return to for simple relaxation after a tiring work space is only relative to the needs of the person and we cannot look at the physical size alone....
    When there are so many other bigger choices, why would he choose to rent a mickey-mouse shoebox? Unless the rental (psf basis, not absolute) is so much lower, which means the owner would not be able to make a decent yield since they are buying close to surrounding areas on a psf basis, no expat will want to rent it.

Face it, there is no compelling argument to buy such mickey-mouse shoe-boxes. Those who buy illum & Alexis etc be prepared to lose money.

please lah, r u telling me the rental for a 3bedder in orchard area is comparable in rental to a studio of the same age in the same area? Some single expat would rather rent a 2.5k studio than a 5k to 6k 3rm in orchard. Let's face it, do u even utilise every sqft of ur house or does it just make u feel gd having a larger space to walk around. As mentioned, space is only relative to ur need
    Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    When there are so many other bigger choices, why would he choose to rent a mickey-mouse shoebox? Unless the rental (psf basis, not absolute) is so much lower, which means the owner would not be able to make a decent yield since they are buying close to surrounding areas on a psf basis, no expat will want to rent it.

Face it, there is no compelling argument to buy such mickey-mouse shoe-boxes. Those who buy illum & Alexis etc be prepared to lose money.

please lah, r u telling me the rental for a 3bedder in orchard area is comparable in rental to a studio of the same age in the same area? Some single expat would rather rent a 2.5k studio than a 5k to 6k 3rm in orchard. Let's face it, do u even utilise every sqft of ur house or does it just make u feel gd having a larger space to walk around. As mentioned, space is only relative to ur need
    Want to learn, go and buy one of these mickey mouse shoe box. You will pay enough tuition fees to understand what I mean. Anyway, most of the posts you posted were amateurish and foolish. No logic whatsoever. Sounds a lot like some young property agents I met.

i did not profess to be an expert in any way n neither do i force things down ppl's throat like u. I do not think u r any expert just another hustler in the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Want to learn, go and buy one of these mickey mouse shoe box. You will pay enough tuition fees to understand what I mean. Anyway, most of the posts you posted were amateurish and foolish. No logic whatsoever. Sounds a lot like some young property agents I met.

its alright. all professed experts here have their own agendas. if people have money to buy a condo, they don't need you busybodies to slam them down here and there. its their money, for heavensake. so fucck off!

i did not profess to be an expert in any way n neither do i force things down ppl's throat like u. I do not think u r any expert just another hustler in the forum

lol the crass and uncouth is back

that foul mouth is scolding the wrong person coz i have been supporting the buyers of illuminaire. Think he is too thick to catch the drift of the discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman

Talking

better than a shameless hypocrite - professing to be an expert?

Read the posts carefully, nobody here is professing to be an expert, are you hallucinating? you are hurling vulgarities at me for no reason so you must either a lunatic or an imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by KT_Lim
    better than a shameless hypocrite - professing to be an expert?

that foul mouth is scolding the wrong person coz i have been supporting the buyers of illuminaire. Think he is too thick to catch the drift of the discussion
    is not about whether u support the buyers or whoever, is the way u post which reflects ur attitude and maturity.. ~

August, you want to talk about maturity. the following is your post to me when you were not able to lodge a convincing argument on why HDB flats are overpriced:

hahahaha another joke!

watever floats ur boat then~

If your maturity level is showing people a butt when you lose arguments, you can join hands with all the imbeciles in this forum. I won't stoop so low to behave like the way you do. You are an example of a crass trying to act class....

Quote Originally Posted by august
    is not about whether u support the buyers or whoever, is the way u post which reflects ur attitude and maturity.. ~

August, you want to talk about maturity. the following is your post to me when you were not able to lodge a convincing argument on why HDB flats are overpriced:

hahahaha another joke!

watever floats ur boat then~

If your maturity level is showing people a butt when you lose arguments, you can join hands with all the imbeciles in this forum. I won't stoop so low to behave like the way you do. You are an example of a crass trying to act class....
    well there u go again..

i was actually going to say u are quite mature, but now u proved me wrong.. hahaha take it easy

Read the posts carefully, nobody here is professing to be an expert, are you hallucinating? you are hurling vulgarities at me for no reason so you must either a lunatic or an imbecile.
    oh well, besides being crass and uncouth, he's a lunatic and imbecile

You can flip your words whatever way you want, at the end of the day, I do not think you are doing any justice to the educators who were trying to teach you integrity. You are just like gfoo who had slapped his own face for passing self-contradictory remarks. You talk about maturity but you show otherwise....Please stop making yourself the joke of this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    well there u go again..

i was actually going to say u are quite mature, but now u proved me wrong.. hahaha take it easy

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So based on your reasoning, your being bearish on property by saying that property will still trend downwards and may even collapse constitutes good advice on market situation? Are you god? Why you so sure that you will be right and hence provided good advice? What if reverse happens and property prices shoot up?

I have expressed my opinion that $8k income can afford $1m property but I didn't tell all Tom, Dick, and Harry to now go out and buy a property. So when did I persuade people to buy property? I am bewildered. As such, please do not be so self-demeaning by trying to put words into my mouth. Whether they want to buy or don't want to buy is ultimately their own decision. On the other hand, you keep telling people not to buy property because property prices will fall further blah blah blah. While not all Tom, Dick and Harry will know your motives, the smart ones definitely do.

lol, again trying to attack those who are giving good advice on the market situation. even if the property market will not collapse, it will not be a U or V shape recovery. more likely to trend downwards. so why ask the borderline folks to over commit themselves to try to sustain the property market? many tom dick and harry will know your motive. worried that the bank will come after you to top up with a further fall in valuation? or worst, refuse to disburse your loan?

rather than try to persuade those making a mere 8K/mth to gamble and take on huge risks to commit to million dollar homes. surely you can tell by now i do not agree on the 8K benchmark as the risk is too great for such folks to commit such a large chunk of their salaries (which may be adversely affected should the economy worsen) just to buy a pigeon hole. its more akin to gambling than investing. you should heed your own advice and ante up.

You can speculate or hypothesize anything you want, but fact is, what you had mentioned were already reported in newspapers and well known by people. Yet, people are still paying $900 psf or more for The Arte, $1200 psf or more for RV Suites, $1800 psf or more for Illuminaire etc (despite the so-called deepest recession in Singapore since 1965). Whether they are smart or not we don't know until probably 5-10 years down the road unless you are god and you have the power to make the property prices collapse in the future. If you are not god, then your so-called clever and smart comments about property prices surely will down really did not seem so smart after all. How to make people believe you and follow what you say? Those who follow you could turn out to dumbest of them all. Ha ha!

Enough is enough with this bullshit from the housing bulls. Do you morons know

(1) many units of the alexis have already been returned by the speculators to the developer, because they cannot flip?

(2) Do you know that expats are leaving singapore in droves, hence reducing demand for all kinds of condos, especially the chicken coop types

(3) do you know that there will be 38,000 plus condos topped in the next one to two years? And who are going to keep buying them to prop up the prices.

Yes, some of us are sour grapes, but most of us are not. We are just making a honest assessment, and doing you speculators a favor by warning you not to sell you wife and kids to satisfy your gambling need.

So based on your reasoning, your being bearish on property by saying that property will still trend downwards and may even collapse constitutes good advice on market situation? Are you god? Why you so sure that you will be right and hence provided good advice? What if reverse happens and property prices shoot up?

I have expressed my opinion that $8k income can afford $1m property but I didn't tell all Tom, Dick, and Harry to now go out and buy a property. So when did I persuade people to buy property? I am bewildered. As such, please do not be so self-demeaning by trying to put words into my mouth. Whether they want to buy or don't want to buy is ultimately their own decision. On the other hand, you keep telling people not to buy property because property prices will fall further blah blah blah. While not all Tom, Dick and Harry will know your motives, the smart ones definitely do.
    bearish? nah, just not as "bullish" as you, with all your hidden agendas. now toned down to express an opinion? you were basically saying that 8K/mth household income can easily buy million dollar homes and that many tom dick and harry can do it

there is no need for anyone to put words in your mouth when you had already stuffed it full of verbal diarrhea

You can speculate or hypothesize anything you want, but fact is, what you had mentioned were already reported in newspapers and well known by people. Yet, people are still paying $900 psf or more for The Arte, $1200 psf or more for RV Suites, $1800 psf or more for Illuminaire etc (despite the so-called deepest recession in Singapore since 1965). Whether they are smart or not we don't know until probably 5-10 years down the road unless you are god and you have the power to make the property prices collapse in the future. If you are not god, then your so-called clever and smart comments about property prices surely will down really did not seem so smart after all. How to make people believe you and follow what you say? Those who follow you could turn out to dumbest of them all. Ha ha!
    what you termed hypothesis is sooooo much more logical than your wanton efforts to get many borderline tom dick and harrys to commit to million dollar homes. smacks of trying to selll minibonds to the vulnerable group

there will always be folks who overpay for their properties and stocks, else how do the rest make their money? some good members here are trying to pass on more accurate info so that the borderline folks can make up their minds and not listen to those unscrupulous rumours mongers who try to get them to commit to million dollar homes with just 8K/mth household income

Now you are going twist and turn like a snake again? Can you quote any previous posting made by me which I tell people to "go ahead and buy the $1m property because property price will sure go up?". My opinion is definitely much better than some who had been insistent on attacking me because he expressed so much confidence that property prices will surely go down and ask people not to buy. Is he going to compensate these people for listening to him and not buying if the property price go up instead? The answer is obvious. It didn't cost them any cent to say whatever they want here. Smart ones here will be able to guess their hidden agenda.

bearish? nah, just not as "bullish" as you, with all your hidden agendas. now toned down to express an opinion? you were basically saying that 8K/mth household income can easily buy million dollar homes and that many tom dick and harry can do it

there is no need for anyone to put words in your mouth when you had already stuffed it full of verbal diarrhea