Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glendale Park - Any reviews pls?

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    btw, Glendale park is district 23, not 21. District 23 is the same as bt panjang, bt batok and cck.
    Hmm.. but Glendale is FH right?

Maybe can secure a unit for rental at average or below average prices and hope that the MRT would bring huge capital appreciation later on. Don't make it end up like a white elephant.

A caution regarding proposed or underconstruction MRT station, lesson learnt from Nicol Highway incident. Maybe there will be stones too hard to bore in bukit timah resulting in route deviation etc. You never know for certain until the thing is up.

I would still choose Diary Farm over Glendale if I have the cash to invest.

Yes, i echoed ur conclusion. I am waiting for better deals for dairy farm after previously looking into glendale park.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich

Maybe can secure a unit for rental at average or below average prices and hope that the MRT would bring huge capital appreciation later on. Don't make it end up like a white elephant.

A caution regarding proposed or underconstruction MRT station, lesson learnt from Nicol Highway incident. Maybe there will be stones too hard to bore in bukit timah resulting in route deviation etc. You never know for certain until the thing is up.

nearest place to buy groceries n eat is rail mall whch is a very long walk away. DF seems a little out of place especially when people usually take that road towards SLE. Got to drive to live in DF at least til the MRT cmes up in 7 years time. I wud rather go for old cndos in toh tuck or near beauty world if u really want to go 4 the old dev. Just MO
    Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Yes, i echoed ur conclusion. I am waiting for better deals for dairy farm after previously looking into glendale park.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich

when tunneling work starts, folks living in Diary Farm, Cashew Heights, Maysprings have escape road via Diary Farm, Cashew and Petir Road thru to BKE. The other condos along Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview will be trapped in serious daily traffic bottleneck and at the same time bear the full brunt of construction noise and pollution for at least 3-5 years.

That's part of e reasons Y i would choose DF over GP cos GP's hillview avenue is always jammed with AM and PM traffic...depending on traffic flow whereas DF's road are all major trunk roads.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    when tunneling work starts, folks living in Diary Farm, Cashew Heights, Maysprings have escape road via Diary Farm, Cashew and Petir Road thru to BKE. The other condos along Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview will be trapped in serious daily traffic bottleneck and at the same time bear the full brunt of construction noise and pollution for at least 3-5 years.

Default Re: Glendale Park - Any reviews pls?

I did my research on Glendale Park.

20 years old freehold
    285k sq ft of land
    448 units
    Each unit owns roughly ard 600 sq ft of real land

A glimpse at the recent GLS just beside them which was bought by City Dev at S$1,067 psf ppr for a 99 leasehold land. Means break even for them is ard $1,300 psf
    Glendale Park is freehold and currently transacted at ard S$1,150 psf not forgetting its 50m away from HillView DTL from back gate. Much more convenient and valuable than Hiller and or the new City Dev land.

Also bigger piece of land with understated livable GFA. 3 tennis courts and many big rectangular shaped grass patches unused

All GLS around that area has a 2.8 plot ratio given
    Glendale only has a 1.92 plot ratio.

Can we potentially see Glendale plot ratio to be revised to 2.8 for the next Masterplan? Even without the revision of its plot ratio, Glendale Park is indeed a deep value purchase those that holds on to it in the next 10 years might see value unlock either via enbloc or price apreciation.

Hillview DTL is just 7 mins away to Tan Kah Kee(Nanyang Primary, Hwa Chong)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scg8866t; 08-03-19 at 12:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Scg8866t View Post
    I did my research on Glendale Park.

20 years old freehold
    285k sq ft of land
    448 units
    Each unit owns roughly ard 600 sq ft of real land

A glimpse at the recent GLS just beside them which was bought by City Dev at S$1,067 psf ppr for a 99 leasehold land. Means break even for them is ard $1,300 psf
    Glendale Park is freehold and currently transacted at ard S$1,150 psf not forgetting its 50m away from HillView DTL from back gate. Much more convenient and valuable than Hiller and or the new City Dev land.

Also bigger piece of land with understated livable GFA. 3 tennis courts and many big rectangular shaped grass patches unused

All GLS around that area has a 2.8 plot ratio given
    Glendale only has a 1.92 plot ratio.

Can we potentially see Glendale plot ratio to be revised to 2.8 for the next Masterplan? Even without the revision of its plot ratio, Glendale Park is indeed a deep value purchase those that holds on to it in the next 10 years might see value unlock either via enbloc or price apreciation.

Hillview DTL is just 7 mins away to Tan Kah Kee(Nanyang Primary, Hwa Chong)
    The deep value aspect of it is due to the huge price disconnect between the new launches(all 99 years) and the old freehold dev(much nearer to mrt and much more sparse). Glendale is also very well maintained by Knight Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Scg8866t View Post
    The deep value aspect of it is due to the huge price disconnect between the new launches(all 99 years) and the old freehold dev(much nearer to mrt and much more sparse). Glendale is also very well maintained by Knight Frank
    Did a blog post on Glendale Park

http://scg8866tstockinvesting.blogsp...l#.Xq6aGqgzZyw

Risk

1) Covid19 pandemic will likely increase unemployment and decrease the number of property sales. True

2) Property prices are laggard to our economy. Prices may drop just like during the Sars period.Drop is true but not like Sars

3) More force sale after the 8 months loan deferment could potentially cause property prices to tank if the pandemic is still not resolved.Not True with the repricing and refinance without TDSR

4) Increase in vacancy rate due to a reduction in foreign pmet and employment pass holders, this will cause rental rates to weaken and ultimately property prices to drop.Not True if you got the Data
    The Best Time to buy Property is Yesterday.
    If you lose Money it because you sell on a wrong Day.

https://wa.me/6587821025

https://r057844h.propnex.net/

You don't Buy others will Buy.
    You don't Sell, others will Sell.

Glendale and Property Update for October 2022

http://scg8866tstockinvesting.blogsp...l#.Y0pehnZBzMY