Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glendale Park - Any reviews pls?

Default Glendale Park - Any reviews pls?

Any residents of Glendale Park here care to give a review ?
    How does it match up with the rest of the condo in Hillview ?

TIA

its free form pool is nice and the gym is good size ! IF u like hillview area, think the current 600psf for a FH is worth it..

thanks for your feedback kal ...

i like it that its nestle at the corner of hillview ave where its not that clustered with other development and you can really have some "hillview" .. also the proximity from the future hillview mrt station ..

not sure what will become of the plot of land diagonally opposite it though ...

are you a resident there ?

Glendale Park is just beside Mindef and the Malaysia-Singapore Railway Track. It is also out of the way from amenities except The Rail Mall with hardly anything except eateries, a supermarket and a video shop. The MRT station in front of the Salvation army is a long shot away (7 years). If you have a car and enjoy being tucked away from the rest of the world, this is the place. if you rely on public transport like the MRT, this is definitely not a place to buy. A better condo to look at would be signature park with a huge piece of land that you can spend a whole day walking inside. the condo is not too far from bt timah shopping area and the canadian school and is priced far below park natura (1k psf) although it is in a better location than the latter....

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    Glendale Park is just beside Mindef and the Malaysia-Singapore Railway Track. It is also out of the way from amenities except The Rail Mall with hardly anything except eateries, a supermarket and a video shop. The MRT station in front of the Salvation army is a long shot away (7 years). If you have a car and enjoy being tucked away from the rest of the world, this is the place. if you rely on public transport like the MRT, this is definitely not a place to buy. A better condo to look at would be signature park with a huge piece of land that you can spend a whole day walking inside. the condo is not too far from bt timah shopping area and the canadian school and is priced far below park natura (1k psf) although it is in a better location than the latter....
    thanks for your feedback ..

true to a certain extend .. mrt will only come @ 2015 ..

but doesn't glendale park have a side gate where you can exit to hillview road and just take a short walk up to standard chartered where there are a number of buses plying the route?

Signature park seems not bad too but tucked too far into jalan jurong kechil where not many buses ply ??

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter

but doesn't glendale park have a side gate where you can exit to hillview road and just take a short walk up to standard chartered where there are a number of buses plying the route?

Signature park seems not bad too but tucked too far into jalan jurong kechil where not many buses ply ??
    Agreed! Glendale is a much better bet vs Signature Park. U just need to deal with construction inconveniences from 2nd half 2010 to 2014.

My point of comparison between glendale and signature park takes into consideration the following:

1. more amenities
    2. better facilities
    3. prospect of en-bloc with larger land area in propotion to number of units
    4. proximity to main shopping area in bukit timah
    5. under D21, not 23
    6. No Railway track beside the development
    7. walking distance to future MRT station near beauty world
    8. close proximity to International school in the area

The above are reasons why Signature would be a better bet as compared to Glendale. My advice is take a stroll around the inside of signature park and glendale and make a physical comparison. Many units at signature are tenanted out and the only reason i can see is that the place is in high demand among foreign students and expats.

Fyc, U might wan to consider DAIRY FARM which is diagonally opp. to GLENDALE PARK but does not have the Malayan Railway Track/MINDEF limitatins and the traffic bottleneck issue in Hillview Avenue facing by the latter.

It is also just beside the hillview mrt station when it's up and running. I am currently on the lookout at dairy farm for a possible investment.

I stayed there many yrs ago. To be honest, I didnt hear any train sound as my unit is facing main gate. If u consider hillview area, means u like hillview compare to bukit timah/jurong kechil side. So why compare with signature park? The side gate to Rail Mall is within 5mins walk. To me, bukit timah shopping centre is not as good as rail mall !!

Another development that u can consider is Parc Palais.. I find it appealing too..

My point of comparison between glendale and signature park takes into consideration the following:

1. more amenities
    2. better facilities
    3. prospect of en-bloc with larger land area in propotion to number of units
    4. proximity to main shopping area in bukit timah
    5. under D21, not 23
    6. No Railway track beside the development
    7. walking distance to future MRT station near beauty world
    8. close proximity to International school in the area

The above are reasons why Signature would be a better bet as compared to Glendale. My advice is take a stroll around the inside of signature park and glendale and make a physical comparison. Many units at signature are tenanted out and the only reason i can see is that the place is in high demand among foreign students and expats.
    quite true .. but guess we have to compare an apple to an apple ..

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Fyc, U might wan to consider DAIRY FARM which is diagonally opp. to GLENDALE PARK but does not have the Malayan Railway Track/MINDEF limitatins and the traffic bottleneck issue in Hillview Avenue facing by the latter.

It is also just beside the hillview mrt station when it's up and running. I am currently on the lookout at dairy farm for a possible investment.
    yea .. also considering Dairy Farm .. large plot area .. good en-bloc potential once the mrt is up .. good luck in your search

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    I stayed there many yrs ago. To be honest, I didnt hear any train sound as my unit is facing main gate. If u consider hillview area, means u like hillview compare to bukit timah/jurong kechil side. So why compare with signature park? The side gate to Rail Mall is within 5mins walk. To me, bukit timah shopping centre is not as good as rail mall !!

Another development that u can consider is Parc Palais.. I find it appealing too..
    cool .. among the hillview area .. Glendale is the 1 that appeal to me the most ..

the carpark is sheltered not basement rite ?

Will wish you the best in finding your perfect home in hillview area. just a last word of advice, remember to check the past trasacted prices in that area and do a comparison first. mkt is heading south for condo, so you shud take this opp to grab a bargain, not buy at the high....

cool .. among the hillview area .. Glendale is the 1 that appeal to me the most ..

Will wish you the best in finding your perfect home in hillview area. just a last word of advice, remember to check the past trasacted prices in that area and do a comparison first. mkt is heading south for condo, so you shud take this opp to grab a bargain, not buy at the high....
    Based on the current situation, seems like only the resale is going south. Subsale is going north. New launches going east-west (not up not down) .

I like Parc Parlais much much better

will the new mrt station close to Glendale ? any idea how long will be the walk ?

Signature Park seems good too. But the canadian school is moving away to Jurong beside Lakeshore condo, I guess the expat will also relocate as well.

Wat is a reasonable PSF for both condo ?

Like dairy farm, but price is way too high.

Wink

The proposed Hillview Station just behind Glendale Park (can enter near the Std Chartered bank) which mean you don't even need to cross a road to take MRT. Under the URA Master Plan, the land opposite it will be developed into shopping mall. The natural reserve behind Salvation Army will be openned soon as a recreational park (u can see the new car park is ready & waiting for official opening). Hillview condos will definately become hotspots in the next boom especially those that are near to the MRT station.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Chee
    The proposed Hillview Station just behind Glendale Park (can enter near the Std Chartered bank) which mean you don't even need to cross a road to take MRT. Under the URA Master Plan, the land opposite it will be developed into shopping mall. The natural reserve behind Salvation Army will be openned soon as a recreational park (u can see the new car park is ready & waiting for official opening). Hillview condos will definately become hotspots in the next boom especially those that are near to the MRT station.
    Just curious, is it still at 'proposed' stage? So beauty world tt one is the one to use right (if according to one post in this thread)?

Which other condos near this proposed Hillview MRT besides Glendale? Hillington Green? Hume Park 1 & 2 too far hor?

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Based on the current situation, seems like only the resale is going south. Subsale is going north. New launches going east-west (not up not down) .
    This one is cute .. lol ... quite true for new launches but not sure about subsale (you mean condos right? still north meh?) vs. resale (do you mean re-launch coz the term often being used for HDB leh) ...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    This one is cute .. lol ... quite true for new launches but not sure about subsale (you mean condos right? still north meh?) vs. resale (do you mean re-launch coz the term often being used for HDB leh) ...

Was referring to subsale of condos going to TOP. Prices all going up compared to launched prices. No firesale so far despite the recession.

Default BKT

Any views on hillview heights which is also next to glendale park and walking distance to the mrt? As a side note, what about the cluster down bukit timah side i.e. the hillside, springdale, etc. Any opinions to share?

basement carpark. did not like the units I saw at Glendale, afternoon sun... but v near bus stop n future mrt.

guys remember that the mrt is 7 years away, almost a decade. U buy hillview now but u may not even continue to live there when mrt is up as circumstances may change. Most important is u must the place as it is now not what is will be like years down the road

i'm sure nobody will buy house just wanna stay near the MRT. MRT is just an additional benefit into consideration of a property but definitely not the main primary reason into it

you will be surprised wat people can pay for houses near mrt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kal
    i'm sure nobody will buy house just wanna stay near the MRT. MRT is just an additional benefit into consideration of a property but definitely not the main primary reason into it

any glendale resident can comment on the sound of the KTM railway? how frequent is it? was at a pub at the rail mall on saturday night, train are still passing by around midnight!!

any glendale resident can comment on the sound of the KTM railway? how frequent is it? was at a pub at the rail mall on saturday night, train are still passing by around midnight!!
    Hi, i was seriously looking at Glendale Park unit abt 8mths back but gave up later. Most outer-facing units have some West Sun while those facing East have the KMT trains passing by. The KMT train sound can be quite loud esp on mornings and evenings.

Frequency is not as frequent as MRT but sound is generally louder cos MKT trains are those old type which rest on tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by whoh757
    Any views on hillview heights which is also next to glendale park and walking distance to the mrt? As a side note, what about the cluster down bukit timah side i.e. the hillside, springdale, etc. Any opinions to share?
    hillview heights facade looks old , Glendale looks more well maintained, they repainted the building not too long ago.
    The train noise is loud by the way ..

btw, Glendale park is district 23, not 21. District 23 is the same as bt panjang, bt batok and cck.

it is strange coz parc palais which is nearer to Bt Batok is D21

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    btw, Glendale park is district 23, not 21. District 23 is the same as bt panjang, bt batok and cck.