Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Yishun Site - MCL Land

Junior

User Info Menu

Default Lower Seletar Reservoir view posted by someone

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    99 years lease for $850 psf, I can get a unit near town. Some more so far from town, I will need to spent more on my petrol bill and time.

Anything more than $580 psf will have problem selling now.
    hey want to bet with me ? $850 against $580 ?

disclaimer: I do not work for MCL, neither do I have any privileged information regarding this project.

btw thanks taggy for the correction of MCL's 99y projects.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    I don't think they will be priced as such... there are pent up demand in Yishun and should be able to take the price... no new land parcels sold.

Current or ex (Lilydale owners, Orchid Park, Yishun Sapphire, Yishun Emerald, The Sensoria, Euphony Gardens, Seletaris, Northwood etc) plus HDB upgraders within Yishun and people out of Yishun may want to buy or invest in it... so that is the customer base. The take up rate will depend on the pricing of the developer. IMHO, it is going to be at least $650 psf on average or above... and quite likely to be around $850 psf to $1000 psf....wait for the launch and we will know. If it is below $650 psf ... it is quite attractive.
    MCL will most probably emphasise on the following points in its marketing

a) Beautiful 180 degree reservoir view with the nearest building in front 4-5 kilometres away (can see fireworks & all the tall buidings in financial district including upper half of Singapore Flyer).
    b) Directly in front of brand new water sports park
    c) 8 minutes walk to MRT
    d) Nearest brand new condo to the upcoming Seletar Aerospace Centre (10000 employees) and Khoo Teck Phuat Hospital.
    e) Very easy access to SLE/CTE (not a single traffic light all the way till outskirts of Orchard - only one manually operated pedestrian crossing light - 19 minutes drive to Orchard during off-peak which is just as fast or faster than driving from the 1200psf Centro and many locations nearer town with numerous traffic lights)
    f) 8 minutes walk to NTUC and Sheng Siong

My guess - average price around 800-850psf with the best units hitting 950psf.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    I don't think they will be priced as such... there are pent up demand in Yishun and should be able to take the price... no new land parcels sold.

Current or ex (Lilydale owners, Orchid Park, Yishun Sapphire, Yishun Emerald, The Sensoria, Euphony Gardens, Seletaris, Northwood etc) plus HDB upgraders within Yishun and people out of Yishun may want to buy or invest in it... so that is the customer base. The take up rate will depend on the pricing of the developer. IMHO, it is going to be at least $650 psf on average or above... and quite likely to be around $850 psf to $1000 psf....wait for the launch and we will know. If it is below $650 psf ... it is quite attractive.
    MCL will most probably emphasise on the following points in its marketing

a) Beautiful 180 degree reservoir view with the nearest building in front 4-5 kilometres away (can see fireworks & all the tall buidings in financial district including upper half of Singapore Flyer).
    b) Directly in front of brand new water sports park
    c) 8 minutes walk to MRT
    d) Nearest brand new condo to the upcoming Seletar Aerospace Centre (10000 employees) and Khoo Teck Phuat Hospital.
    e) Very easy access to SLE/CTE (not a single traffic light all the way till outskirts of Orchard - only one manually operated pedestrian crossing light - 19 minutes drive to Orchard during off-peak which is just as fast or faster than driving from the 1200psf Centro and many locations nearer town with numerous traffic lights)
    f) 8 minutes walk to NTUC and Sheng Siong

My guess - average price around 800-850psf with the best units hitting 950psf.

User Info Menu

Saw the number listed there... 62218111

Call to register if keen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think can forget about those 580psf prices like caspian and mi casa liaoz....sianz.
    Yishun's housing prices had always been cheap, not much appreciation. At 750psf to 800psf to buy a 99 leasehold, own stay still okie, buy and stay and forget about it. If thinking of resales for profit, investment, etc, think can forget about it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wqmai
    Yishun's housing prices had always been cheap, not much appreciation. At 750psf to 800psf to buy a 99 leasehold, own stay still okie, buy and stay and forget about it. If thinking of resales for profit, investment, etc, think can forget about it.
    Fair point... and quite true...

Self stay... location matters and even if the price is high... will buy for the sake of it... as long as it is within reach.

For investment... you have to set a higher and more stringent set of criteria. Location is very very important.

Anyway, anything will make money.. just how much or how little you make. The art of it is to buy at the right time... even HDB's in subsurbs will make money... why not for private... buyers who get HDBs after the 97/98 crash will be making money generally.

Junior

User Info Menu

Default Show Room

Show Room will be completed in Oct. And it is a 2-storey show room. Not sure whether they are going to build a Penthouse Show Room.

Senior

User Info Menu

So i guess they will launch right after the hungry ghost month... The first major condo project in Yishun since Northwoods and Lilydale.

The only setback of this plot is the heavy traffic and mrt noise.

Junior

User Info Menu

I hope MCL dun do like FEO's Silversea.... gloss up an otherwise attractive project to be something "mid market".. although I think nowadays $850 is like a norm

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast