Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

Quote Originally Posted by WCB017
    Hi, me too have been eyeing this development for a while. Viewed one unit last year in Blk 51 but the owner was asking for $780K on a 3 bed rm 1248sqft. Claimed to be a choice unit but price was too high.

I have been monitoring the price for the last 6 months but it is still hanging around $600 PSF for 3 bed rm units.
    Hi, there are at least 3 Tropica units on this saturday's classified. Did you call? how is the asking price now?

Quote Originally Posted by alexskchua
    Thanks. I went to take a look at it. Like you said - windy, green and serene. Wondering if 630psf for blk 57 high floor is an ideal price? I buy to stay, not to invest.
    By the way, heard from agent that the 4 bedder at blk 61 high floor sold at 840K recently, which is 553psf only.

But hor, we went to cycling this weekend in bedok reservior, i noticed that the afternoon sun very very strong. 6:30PM, still have hot afternoon sun hit into almost all the rooms in blk 61. the higher unit, the hotter??

can imagine the direct afternoon sun from 12-7 pm? 6-7 hours hot hot like oven???

Quote Originally Posted by sltc
    $630psf is too high. This is the price before lehman collapse. Now I think it should be $500+psf considering the age and 99yr leasehold. Go checkout recent transaction in ura website. Try to avoid the block facing the Quarry. The traffic noise is unbearable. Furthermore, another condo will pop up in the near future beside Tropica. Expect construction noise & dust. The new United World College under construction (~200 - 300m away) may help to increase the value of this property in future. I must agree that it's well maintained, nice & huge pool and landscaping. But gym is too small.
    Frankly speaking, its a bit ulu in the another side of Bedok Reservior car park which near the Tropica. If the new condo build up next Tropica, it's also a good idea. Can increase 人气 and yet still not so noisy...

and hopefully the new condo can block the horrible afternoon sun for blk 61?

It will be much better if there is a bridge outside the Tropica, to allow the residents go to reservior directly...

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Frankly speaking, its a bit ulu in the another side of Bedok Reservior car park which near the Tropica. If the new condo build up next Tropica, it's also a good idea. Can increase 人气 and yet still not so noisy...

and hopefully the new condo can block the horrible afternoon sun for blk 61?

It will be much better if there is a bridge outside the Tropica, to allow the residents go to reservior directly...
    Bro, how you been? buying tropica now?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Bro, how you been? buying tropica now?
    haha, i'm back and trying to shift my love from east coast to the real east....

can't miss the boat this time liao. No D15, D18 also not bad. For own stay this time

hi all interested in the tropica.

i have a unit there, so can share some points.

1. The best block is 51, with the pool view stretching to the reservoir. It commands a premium and is easiest to find buyers.

2. Within blk 51, stack 3 is the best with no afternoon sun at all and a perfect stunning reservoir view.

3. Morning traffic is quite ok, and I have not encoutered 7 cars waiting to exit yet.

4. It is very spacious with large swimming pools. The baby pool is even bigger than some main pools at other condos.

Families may opt for it in lieu of Pinevale which is more cramped when United World College commences next year. So try to get a unit soon if you're byoing.

Cheers.

found some pixs http://thetropica.blogspot.com/

i'm not agent nor selling. just sharing my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    hi all interested in the tropica.

i have a unit there, so can share some points.

1. The best block is 51, with the pool view stretching to the reservoir. It commands a premium and is easiest to find buyers.

2. Within blk 51, stack 3 is the best with no afternoon sun at all and a perfect stunning reservoir view.

3. Morning traffic is quite ok, and I have not encoutered 7 cars waiting to exit yet.

4. It is very spacious with large swimming pools. The baby pool is even bigger than some main pools at other condos.

Families may opt for it in lieu of Pinevale which is more cramped when United World College commences next year. So try to get a unit soon if you're byoing.

Cheers.
    Thanks for the sharing.

Does blk 51 have 4 bedders? I prefer the bigger unit. also, how is the road noise on blk 51? from the site map, it seems some rooms may facing the main road e.g. tampines ave 1?

not sure, but i think should have ba.

if blk 51, only the 3rd bedroom facing caltex will get some road noise, and the noise is still ok. the rest of the rooms are very quiet.

check the caveats, blk 51 commands the highest psf.
    #15-03 sold at 700k is best buy of the year.

Thanks for the sharing.

Does blk 51 have 4 bedders? I prefer the bigger unit. also, how is the road noise on blk 51? from the site map, it seems some rooms may facing the main road e.g. tampines ave 1?

Seems the property suddenly recover, and getting hotter, will this land be put for sales again?

Quote Originally Posted by WCB017
    I agree that there are not many units available. When I viewed 1 unit end last year, the owner was asking for $780K for a 3 bed rm, 1248sqft. As this development is pretty matured and most owners bought to stay, they are not desperate to sell. I have beem monitoring every Sat on the classified but do not see often listing on this development.
    Can you believe it? now most of the 3 bedders are asking above 750K, and 4 bedder is asking 980K, nearly 1 million! why not just dear dear ask 1 million.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...tropica/sale/1

That agent even yaya no co-broking
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-tropica

980K! wow! don't know which bank can match it.

anyway, even asking nearly 1 mil for 4 bedder, still cheaper than those newly launched project. because no balcony, no baywindow, 1518sqft all go for actual living area, so still worthy it!

don't chase la.. sellers are shifting goalposts in an up market.

Can you believe it? now most of the 3 bedders are asking above 750K, and 4 bedder is asking 980K, nearly 1 million! why not just dear dear ask 1 million.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...tropica/sale/1

That agent even yaya no co-broking
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-tropica

980K! wow! don't know which bank can match it.

anyway, even asking nearly 1 mil for 4 bedder, still cheaper than those newly launched project. because no balcony, no baywindow, 1518sqft all go for actual living area, so still worthy it!

Default Rental Yield @ The Tropica

I have friends who is renting a 3Br unit for around $3.3K until 2010. Sounds like it is a good investment. Considering a buy price of $800K, that works out a return of 5%.
    Anybody has any rental yield comparison around that area? Baywater, Clearwater, AQ, etc? Thanks

It puzzlles me what so good about this project -located at no men's land and without any facilities nearby and the design is almost colonal times... Those pros that were mentioned can be found and much better in other projects at Bedok Reservoir.

The only thing is it is quiet & serene for those face reservoir other than that free sand breeze and petrol kiosk.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover
    It puzzlles me what so good about this project -located at no men's land and without any facilities nearby and the design is almost colonal times... Those pros that were mentioned can be found and much better in other projects at Bedok Reservoir.

The only thing is it is quiet & serene for those face reservoir other than that free sand breeze and petrol kiosk.
    You pro WFW/WFK yet critical about this project ...

This condo has no PIE/Bedok Reservoir Road noise and 1km within St Hilda, the top primary school in the East. And the lake facing units are facing south and much cheaper to the cut-throat lakeview units @850psf in WFW/WFK. And upcoming MRT at Temasek Poly confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat

This condo has no PIE/Bedok Reservoir Road noise and 1km within St Hilda, the top primary school in the East. And the lake facing units are facing south and much cheaper to the cut-throat lakeview units @850psf in WFW/WFK. And upcoming MRT at Temasek Poly confirmed.
    My gosh, why so worked up. I am just expressing my opinion. How can you compare WFW/WFK (yet to be build) with Tropica which is few years already. Why don't you mention Baywater/Aquarious, etc which are about the same no. of years.

If you said I am over critical abt this project, I will hear you out and
    re-examine my tone but pls don't bring in unrelated issues here

Just because u talk negative abt other projects all over the forum and gana flame by so many people you blared out over here.

My advice to you is think b4 you talk.

The way you twist & turn things show your true colour-my hats off.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat

Think it's unfair to compare the price for "yet to build" WFW/WFK with The Tropica which was completed in Year 2001.

The current market for every new projects are selling at skyhigh $psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover

There is nothing to be puzzled. No two men would share the exact interest. You may think the project is a no man's land, to others its a dream home with such quietness, calmness, peace and serene. To you without facilities means within a distance of 100m to get your neccessities, to others walking a longer distance means more exercises that is beneficial to their health...and so

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    There is nothing to be puzzled. No two men would share the exact interest. You may think the project is a no man's land, to others its a dream home with such quietness, calmness, peace and serene. To you without facilities means within a distance of 100m to get your neccessities, to others walking a longer distance means more exercises that is beneficial to their health...and so
    well say, hycondo!
    by the way, we have to change mind set leh, if really want to have facilities within a distance of 100m to get your neccessities, then better stay in HDB loh, gohman takes care of your everything

by the way, the ST 81 wet market is within walk-in distance, and there is a 24-hours Prime Mart. Giant in 5 min drive opens daily from 8AM to 11PM. I hardly take public transport, but I don't see any issue for taking SBS bus to go to town. 23 and 851 by express way, can go to bugis and orchard, suntect easily. What else do you complaint?

I think condo is more on life style, and "quietness, calmness, peace and serene" is not so easily to find in Singapore. most of the cases, if you want seaview, you have to endore the noise of ECP, if you want lake view, you have to face the busy road noise, but The Tropica seems belongs to the few which can have both fantasic serene view, and quietness.

haha, you seem to know the residents' taste well..
    i look forward to you as my neighbour.

think the fengshui is pretty good. many residents w multiple expensive cars there.

wait for market to cool and grab a unit.

well say, hycondo!
    by the way, we have to change mind set leh, if really want to have facilities within a distance of 100m to get your neccessities, then better stay in HDB loh, gohman takes care of your everything

by the way, the ST 81 wet market is within walk-in distance, and there is a 24-hours Prime Mart. Giant in 5 min drive opens daily from 8AM to 11PM. I hardly take public transport, but I don't see any issue for taking SBS bus to go to town. 23 and 851 by express way, can go to bugis and orchard, suntect easily. What else do you complaint?

I think condo is more on life style, and "quietness, calmness, peace and serene" is not so easily to find in Singapore. most of the cases, if you want seaview, you have to endore the noise of ECP, if you want lake view, you have to face the busy road noise, but The Tropica seems belongs to the few which can have both fantasic serene view, and quietness.

haha, you seem to know the residents' taste well..
    i look forward to you as my neighbour.

think the fengshui is pretty good. many residents w multiple expensive cars there.

wait for market to cool and grab a unit.
    Looks like it is unlikely the Tropica market is cooling down. With most of the units are owner occupied and the construction of the UWC, plus plans on the recreational activities development near the caltex station, more focus would be drawn to this reservoir bank.
    A check in the various advertisement, the asking price of Tropica has actually risen..........
    A lot have been said that there is no fundamentals to support the "crazy" private housing sales since the surge in "Caspian" in Feb, there has been no breather yet to the momentum....

now the sales around the reservoir are largely generated by upgraders who thought they sold their hdbs at a high, but face competition from many other upgraders in snagging a condo. so they boh pian bid up condo prices for a roof over their heads.

once the condo prices widens the gap too much or hdb valuations drops, demand will dip.

uwc starts partial operations aug next year w full operations another year later? 2 years+ is to long for investors to vest at current prices.

but of course it's good for me if prices cheong all the way. if a 3br is tenanted at 3.3k now, imagine wat it will be when we hit boomtown.

Looks like it is unlikely the Tropica market is cooling down. With most of the units are owner occupied and the construction of the UWC, plus plans on the recreational activities development near the caltex station, more focus would be drawn to this reservoir bank.
    A check in the various advertisement, the asking price of Tropica has actually risen..........
    A lot have been said that there is no fundamentals to support the "crazy" private housing sales since the surge in "Caspian" in Feb, there has been no breather yet to the momentum....

McKinnon got chance.... that 4 bedder unit dropped from 980K to 970K now. and she already changed the tune from no-broking to "Already Co Broke".

You have negotiation room! Good luck!

haha.. i stay there now bro.

McKinnon got chance.... that 4 bedder unit dropped from 980K to 970K now. and she already changed the tune from no-broking to "Already Co Broke".

You have negotiation room! Good luck!

haha.. i stay there now bro.
    OIC. You have made a good choice. Given such a good fengshui in the entire condo, you must be doing very well!

May I ask a silly question here? how long did you move in after your renovation?

I found some article in china website, and that worried me a lot. I post it in Casa Merah thread, to discuss with new owners, since they will collect key soon. I believe everyone has to do renovation, and usually just move in immediately after reno.

Why nobody bother the renovation pollution here?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=107

Default 专家点评6种清除室内甲醛方法

连日来,随着温度的不断攀升,以甲醛为主的有害气体的释放量也随之增加。实验显示,室温每上升1℃,木制家具和地板等挥发出的甲醛会使空气中的甲醛浓度上升0.15至0.37倍。不少“五一”后装修的业主们马上就要搬入新居,如何能在入住前把好空气的质量关呢?目前,市场上的甲醛治理技术仍比较混乱,到底哪种方法是真正科学而且有效的呢?对此,记者采访了室内装饰协会的多位专家,分别对市面上流行的几种方法进行了点评。
       植物吸收法

只能起到辅助吸收作用

植物有极强的吸收甲醛的能力,如仙人掌、吊兰、芦荟、君子兰、铁树、菊花等。

专家点评:许多植物确实具有一定的净化空气作用。但这并不意味着植物能完全清除空气中的甲醛,植物对甲醛的吸收在整个净化空气的过程中只能起到一个辅助的作用。如果空气中的甲醛含量太高,甚至可能造成植物本身的死亡。此外,由于它们是通过光合作用将周围的甲醛消耗掉,晚上和阴雨天气吸收效率就会很低。

民间流传土方法

不会吸收空气中的甲醛

把茶叶渣、柚子皮、洋葱片、菠萝块等放在刚装修完的房间内或者用白醋熏蒸整个房间。

专家点评:使用茶叶渣、柚子皮、洋葱片、菠萝块等土方法实际上只能起到一个气味遮盖的作用,如遮盖厕所的异味等。这些东西并不会吸收空气中的甲醛。除了这些东西外,有的人还喜欢用香水、空气清新剂,这种做法不可取,因为香水和空气清新剂中的化学原料可能会与空气中的物质发生反应,从而造成二次污染。

活性炭吸附法

并不能完全清除甲醛

固体活性炭具有孔隙多的特点,对甲醛等有害物质具有很强的吸附和分解作用,活性炭的颗粒越小吸附效果越好。

专家点评:活性炭对甲醛的吸附作用很明显,应根据空间的大小不同,放置活性炭的量也要有所不同。另外,活性炭吸附到一定程度后需要进行更换。活性炭的效果虽然不错,但是和其他方法一样,并不能完全清除空气中的甲醛。

净化器处理法

只在封闭空间使用才有效

目前市场上的空气净化器分为负离子型、臭氧型、过滤吸附型、静电集成型和光触媒型。不同的空气净化器有不同的工作原理,如负离子型就是通过产生负离子,分解空气中的异味和附着的烟尘,从而达到净化室内空气的目的。

专家点评:空气净化器在吸收甲醛方面有一定功效,但是空气净化器一般只在封闭的空间使用才有效。如果在开窗户的情况下使用空气净化器,不仅没有什么效果而且还浪费电。

化学制剂净化法

效率高,但治标不治本

它主要是通过物理吸附或化学反应消耗掉空气中的甲醛;目前,市场上的甲醛捕捉剂分为两种,一种是通过中和甲醛,生成无害物质的方式来净化空气;另外一种是通过封闭甲醛,阻止甲醛的挥发来净化空气。

专家点评:优点:效率高,使用后立即见效;缺点:治标不治本;甲醛的释放是一个很漫长的过程,持续时间长达几年甚至几十年,被吸收或反应掉的只是释放出来的一小部分甲醛。

乳胶漆吸收法

便利性及安全性不足

利用乳胶漆来吸收并分解甲醛,是一种全新的理念;通过独特的配方,选用对甲醛具有吸附和分解作用的特殊分子基团的乳液,实现对居家空气的净化。

专家点评:利用化学反应消耗掉空气中的游离甲醛,生成对人体和环境都无害的水分子。这是一种无再释放风险,既安全又环保的办法。相对而言,吸附甲醛的乳胶漆,在便利性及安全性上都会有些不足,而立邦醛净全效以其主动和持续的吸收方式将更加安全。醛净全效通过化学反应消灭空气中的甲醛分子,分解生成无害的水分子,而且长效持久——从涂刷完成开始,每天24小时不间断吸收分解甲醛。此外,它在分解甲醛时的有效系数也很令人放心:国家标准对室内甲醛的浓度要求低于0.10毫克/立方米,而立邦醛净全效经国家建筑材料测试中心检测,在高于室内甲醛浓度国家标准5~10倍的情况下,对于室内甲醛的有效分解率高达86%

连日来,随着温度的不断攀升,以甲醛为主的有害气体的释放量也随之增加。实验显示,室温每上升1℃,木制家具和地板等挥发出的甲醛会使空气中的甲醛浓度上升0.15至0.37倍。不少“五一”后装修的业主们马上就要搬入新居,如何能在入住前把好空气的质量关呢?目前,市场上的甲醛治理技术仍比较混乱,到底哪种方法是真正科学而且有效的呢?
    Just in case your guys couldn't understand English well, here is some info in English, which I can only find in US website.

甲醛 = formaldehyde

I thought Sinaporean very 怕输,怕死,how come nobody discuss about this formaldehyde pollution? heard of a lot of people move in immediately after reno, not scare meh?

http://www.healthyindoorair.org/formald.htm

SOURCES OF FORMALDEHYDE In most homes, particle board and medium density fiberboard (MDF) are by far the major sources of formaldehyde in the environment. Some particle board is now manufactured with reduced formaldehyde, thus helping the problem to some degree. The culprit is the adhesive urea formaldehyde which can break down and release formaldehyde. A related adhesive, called phenol formaldehyde (used in softwood plywood and oriented-strand board) releases little, if any, formaldehyde. Therefore, products with phenol formaldehyde are widely recommended as substitutes for problematic board products. Oriented-strand board is now widely used for flooring and roof decking.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...pg2.html?cat=5
    Notable items in the home containing particle board include bookshelves or entertainment units requiring assembly. Medium density fiberboard is another significant source of formaldehyde in the home, as are hardwood plywood, paneling and some floor finishes.

doing pretty ok la.. the default car here is the bmw 523, which means i have to work harder

have you secured ur unit?

OIC. You have made a good choice. Given such a good fengshui in the entire condo, you must be doing very well!

May I ask a silly question here? how long did you move in after your renovation?

I found some article in china website, and that worried me a lot. I post it in Casa Merah thread, to discuss with new owners, since they will collect key soon. I believe everyone has to do renovation, and usually just move in immediately after reno.

Why nobody bother the renovation pollution here?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=107

doing pretty ok la.. the default car here is the bmw 523, which means i have to work harder

Not surprising. Sometime back (I think last year), I saw Rolls Royce going in during the weekends. I understand that there is a wealthy Indonesian student renting a unit there and studying at TP.

Having said that, I do not think it is the wealth of the people staying there but it is certainly a place to stay healthy.....the building and the surrounding blend well to create the peaceful environment to stay....

yah, luckily secured one unit before price gone crazy. Going to collect key before lunar 7th month, then use 7th month to confirm the renovation details....

that's why I so worry about the air pollution.

How come nobody bother this topic hah??

how long did you move in after your renovation? 1 mth? 3 mth? or within 2 weeks as long as there is a good date to move in?