Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for condo at Shelford

Quote Originally Posted by Latio
    With Cube 8 selling so well.... Is scary thought for Singaporeans and our kids to secure housing in future.....

Sighh.....
    No fear. Just stay in HDB loh.

There will always be another property cycle, how soon, not sure. Just make sure to store plenty of ammo n not miss the boat

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    There will always be another property cycle, how soon, not sure. Just make sure to store plenty of ammo n not miss the boat
    80 pct of population lives in HDB .. some good lcaotions the rest so so ...

but when a good location transact at a new high .. everyone raises their price .. even if it is Marseilling (opps not saying its crap location) ..

soon ..it will become 'heated' again .. even if oppositions dont bring it up during election .. PAP will also want to 'ensure' tat HDB will still be affordable ...

BUT HOW ?? raise basic salary for the 80 pct across the board ? NOT POSSIBLE

so what ? Build More ? but with Dawson kind of price ? still people will complain ...

so i feel .. govt/ HDB will talk about prices again ..

in 2007 when those enbloc people with money started paying unbelievable prices for Queenstown ..MAH B T said those are ' isolated cases' .. but now everywhere also 'isolated' ????

dont u think they will be more careful on HDB pricing as we approach election ? we dont need opposition to bring up this issue .. PAP will do it themselves ..

thats my feel

If anyone of you is interested in WattenHill Condo, I have a nice townhouse unit for Rent/Sales. Fully renovated with very nice unblock view. Please visit my website for more details.
    Thanks.

guys what do you think of the project 19 shelford and The Shelford

recent transacted prices are at 11xx-12xx psf for 19 shelford and 15xx psf for The shelford

however i noticed that the units for sale now are being flipped in the space of 6-9months, alerting me that his project is heavily speculated, esp those at 19 shelford

would anyone buy a unit at 1.1x million knowing that the same unit was bought for 900k 6 months ago?

what do you guys think of both projects

Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    guys what do you think of the project 19 shelford and The Shelford

recent transacted prices are at 11xx-12xx psf for 19 shelford and 15xx psf for The shelford

however i noticed that the units for sale now are being flipped in the space of 6-9months, alerting me that his project is heavily speculated, esp those at 19 shelford

would anyone buy a unit at 1.1x million knowing that the same unit was bought for 900k 6 months ago?

what do you guys think of both projects
    go for the shelford PH

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    go for the shelford PH
    can explain more?

To what I know a lot of parents are willing to pay that kind of price so that their kids can get into the schools nearby...especially the foreigners from mainlands.

can explain more?
    i like the penthouses at The shelford. sadly, i sold mine in 2007...haiz can nvr buy back oredi

so, if u like a ppty so much, pls dun sell it if u dun really nid the cash

i like the penthouses at The shelford. sadly, i sold mine in 2007...haiz can nvr buy back oredi

i see
    how much was the shelford launched at?

anyone sees potential in this area and other projects like
    adam park
    shelford regency
    28 shelford?

i see
    how much was the shelford launched at?

anyone sees potential in this area and other projects like
    adam park
    shelford regency
    28 shelford?
    if i tell u the launch price..u may not want to buy oredi

actually, tat area The shelford is the best bcoz its the one and only project tat has a side gate to the bus stop at the main road...but also most exp..

It doesnt matter A or B as long as it is in Shelford/Watten area.
    You cant be wrong in the long run.

It's your call

Default Hmm

if i tell u the launch price..u may not want to buy oredi

actually, tat area The shelford is the best bcoz its the one and only project tat has a side gate to the bus stop at the main road...but also most exp..

what the launch price for Adam park?

Quote Originally Posted by Latio
    It doesnt matter A or B as long as it is in Shelford/Watten area.
    You cant be wrong in the long run.

It's your call
    I agreed with you. There is no more land available around the area for new development. Guess future new development have to come from en-boc of these few old ones.

Good Luck in yr buy Shoobie

We have some duplex & penthouse for sale by developer: Shelford Suites & D'Chateau.

While at Shelford road yesterday, I chance upon some works being carried out on a showroom @ 8 Shelford Road. Anybody knows if this an upcoming new launch or were the workers demolishing Shelford suites' showroom?

Quote Originally Posted by shoobie
    I agreed with you. There is no more land available around the area for new development. Guess future new development have to come from en-boc of these few old ones.

there are caveats lodged for 8A, 10 and 10A "en-bloc" sold at 8.6m each for 7632 sq ft each on 30th Mar 2010. Possibly a new project coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by kengyong
    While at Shelford road yesterday, I chance upon some works being carried out on a showroom @ 8 Shelford Road. Anybody knows if this an upcoming new launch or were the workers demolishing Shelford suites' showroom?

Oh yes, I just checked caveat and true enough, 3 caveats were lodged back in Mar 2010.

From the showroom facade, it can be confirmed that Huttons will be the marketing agent.

7632sf X 3 parcels X 1.4 plot ratio X 10% balcony and planter allowance means that approximately 35 X 1000sf units could possibly be built on this site?

Wonder how much this will be launched eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    there are caveats lodged for 8A, 10 and 10A "en-bloc" sold at 8.6m each for 7632 sq ft each on 30th Mar 2010. Possibly a new project coming up?

Oh yes, I just checked caveat and true enough, 3 caveats were lodged back in Mar 2010.

From the showroom facade, it can be confirmed that Huttons will be the marketing agent.

7632sf X 3 parcels X 1.4 plot ratio X 10% balcony and planter allowance means that approximately 35 X 1000sf units could possibly be built on this site?

Wonder how much this will be launched eventually.
    rough estimates of 740psf ppr....breakeven cud be 1200psf+-....1.5kpsf++ launch price

fair enough if not MM. if MM then siao liao, psf chiong and i m not sure if there will be damage to the shelford neighbourhood.

rough estimates of 740psf ppr....breakeven cud be 1200psf+-....1.5kpsf++ launch price

If MM, with a lower quantum but much higher psf, it will then lower the barriers to enter. Parents looking to "live" near NYPS or RGPS will definitely be going for it and then rent it out, since the school can't possibly know how big your house is.

fair enough if not MM. if MM then siao liao, psf chiong and i m not sure if there will be damage to the shelford neighbourhood.

this was one thing i thot was not right but didn't realise it is possible.

am i right to say that, we can buy a unit at any location near a desired school and rent it out and still use the address to register for P1 even though it is being leased out?

If MM, with a lower quantum but much higher psf, it will then lower the barriers to enter. Parents looking to "live" near NYPS or RGPS will definitely be going for it and then rent it out, since the school can't possibly know how big your house is.

am i right to say that, we can buy a unit at any location near a desired school and rent it out and still use the address to register for P1 even though it is being leased out?
    this is legally not correct. your registration address must be your residential address, regardless whether you own it or rent it. you residential address is reflected in your IC address. and when u update your IC, you must declare you physically live there, this is the part that the law comes in. false declaration of residential address is an offense.

back to topic, 18 Shelford is doing very very badly. 8 Shelford would probably not follow its model. That means it's almost guaranteed MM.

I in similar situation now... Love my Lor Melayu but relocating for work in west. Very the far. So need to sell... Get one say near city or town at least in future dont need to move again...

yes, i thought so (coz sg law mah). but i was just wondering as i read on other threads other misleading info before so got confused along the way.

thanks for the info. not sure why, but somehow i knew u would be the one to answer this question.

it can be an in between, for e.g. the sizes for 23 shelford and shelford suites quite ok, at least families with pri sch going kids can stay there. no need to be "luxurious" like 18 shelford.

but to maximise profits, developer will go for MM.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    this is legally not correct. your registration address must be your residential address, regardless whether you own it or rent it. you residential address is reflected in your IC address. and when u update your IC, you must declare you physically live there, this is the part that the law comes in. false declaration of residential address is an offense.

back to topic, 18 Shelford is doing very very badly. 8 Shelford would probably not follow its model. That means it's almost guaranteed MM.

lastest MM skysuit@Anson might show some signs of MM fatique. Fwd going not easy to lure pple to buy MM as once pple step into showroom, they will "feel" the real size of MMs. MM in my classication is ard 300+ sqft

Just saw the ad on "10 Shelford". Indeed a MM. 431sf asking 950k. Around 2.2k psf. Dunno how true though.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...mah_condo.html

break-ins at Shelford...that easy?