Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: One Amber (D15, 999 years, UIC/Singland)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    Hi Expert, thanks a lot!

By the way, is there anyway to find out the actual rental price or transaction? Agents keep on pushing, by using the "rental cover monthly installment" way to emphasis that price won't drop further.

One factor they lighted also is that: by adding the stamp duty and interest $$$, the owners have to let go at least $800psf, in order to cover their $700psf cost. is it true?
    I do not have the ability to see the rental contracts, so can't verify.

Take for example The Sea View rental story, if the buyer is committed to a financing of $1Mil at 2.5%, the monthly repayment are; $6,668 (15-years term) or $5,299 (20-years term). At $7K rental for the 4 bedroom unit, after paying for the maintenance, there is hardly anything left. Must also factor in the 1-month agent commission and monies to spent for curtailns and blinds. So there is a great need for the investor to very very quickly rent the unit out.

As for the price, whether it is $700psf or $800psf or even $1,200psf, it is a matter of market forces. If they cannot hold, they will need to sell at whatever price.

Unregistered. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 881
    Right now for the better units (high floor, sea view) the psf is $1,050 psf or more, down from $1,300 psf at the height. If these units can be let go for $900, I will be first in line to buy as this is below cost!!
    One Amber got sea view meh??? i thought all blocked by old apt (and future silver sea??)? futher more, both One Amber and Esta are so deep inside amber garden, don't think it's worthy to pay for the partial sea view. think twice?

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    I do not have the ability to see the rental contracts, so can't verify.

Take for example The Sea View rental story, if the buyer is committed to a financing of $1Mil at 2.5%, the monthly repayment are; $6,668 (15-years term) or $5,299 (20-years term). At $7K rental for the 4 bedroom unit, after paying for the maintenance, there is hardly anything left. Must also factor in the 1-month agent commission and monies to spent for curtailns and blinds. So there is a great need for the investor to very very quickly rent the unit out.

As for the price, whether it is $700psf or $800psf or even $1,200psf, it is a matter of market forces. If they cannot hold, they will need to sell at whatever price.
    OIC! understood now. thanks!

Observation Guest

Default Floor Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    By the way, I went to the preview also, didn't like the layout at all, the living hall and dinning hall seperated by a big window... also the pool facing units are all facing north, Fengshui wise not so perfect. No offence...
    http://www.goviewing.com/birthcert/a000630/floorplanC8/

Any way, can wait till TOP to feel it then commit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have checked out the web page showing the floor plan and these are my
    observations :

1. wasted space - the bay window ledge starts from the foyer into dining and a huge bay window separates living and dining. The bay window ledge is in all 3 bedrooms as well as in the master bath-room.

2. Floorplan indicates bedroom 2 & 3 with a single bed - so can assume the rooms to be tiny.

3. The yard and kitchen cramped together unlike other condos where its
    separated by a door.

4. Although on paper its 1389sq ft but its unusual layout has a lot of wasted corners.

5. Each floor level has minimum 6 units and some blocks 7 units.
    Sounds familiar - public housing style??

Recalled visiting the showflat and one of the bedroom 3 was hacked off to
    create a luxurious living space.So can imagine when its a bedroom wall, the living area is definitely be cramped.

No hard feelings to anyone but just plain clear observation and visualizations.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    I would wait for the One Amber to TOP. The reason is the bay windows may render the bedrooms to be somewhat useless. Just look at The Sea View, on paper all the bedrooms looked to be of decent sizes. But after looking at the real unit, I came away disappointed as a lot of the strata area were actually balcony, planter and bay windows.

Also, only on inspecting the finished product will we see which developer actually deliver better quality finish. The Sea View did not impress me with the finish even though it is a Wheelock product.

I also believe the rental market is not as encouraging as some real estate agents put it to be. I keep hearing agents telling me they leased out The Sea View for $7k/month.....but I still see a lot of vacant units there.
    One more question to expert:
    Comparing One Amber or Esta with The Tropica at Bedok Reservoir,

Using Esta as an example, hopeful the price can drop to $800psf, 3+study unit will be 1475 x 800= 1.18 mil, 4 room will be 1593 * 800 = 1.23 mil:
    + 1: the first plus point is: FH!!!
    + 2: D15!!
    + 3: near Marine Parade and Katong
    => parkway, good eatering
    + 4: best unit layout comparing One Amber and the Sea View
    + 5: easy access, just next to ECP katong exit

- 1: too many projects in marine parade, over supply
    => hard to sell, hard to enblock
    - 2: deep inside amber garden, no good sea view
    - 3: next to mounbatten road - noisy tranffic pollution?
    - 4: smaller land size comparing with Sea View and One Amber
    - 5: cheapest image in amber area
    - 6: lousy lanscape - some stacks seems just next to the main entry
    - 7: big barcony, bay window every where, result the much smaller actual floor area (all the 3 project same...)

The Tropica is 9 years-old lease hold project, 4 bedder with 1518 sqft at 0.95 mil now, hopefully the 1500 sqft unit can go down to 0.85 mil, about 330K cheaper:
    + 1. Best view in Bedok Reservoir
    => big potantial for enbloc?
    + 2. No traffic noise pollution at all
    => rest of the reservioir projects are facing a busy Bedok Reservoir road
    + 3. Living room, dinning room and all the rooms have beautiful reservoir view or full pool view
    + 4. Not far away to go PIE, very near to the entry of new highway (kallang express?)
    + 5. new United World College of South East Asia tampines campus will be ready in 2010
    => potential demand on rental?
    => 4th University in upper changi will benefit the rental also?
    => Next to Temasek Poly, good rental to student?
    + 6. Big land size, beautiful lanscape
    + 7. No balcony, no baywindow, no wast at all!!
    + 8. Full facility, including Squash
    => now a day, new project no more squash, Dakota even no Tennis court
    + 9. Entire estate designed according to Fengshui
    +10. Near IKEA, Giant Supermarket (open till 11pm!) and Courts Megastore
    +11. Future MRT Quarry Park station next door

- 1. 99 LH!!! (99 LH vs. FH)
    - 2. 9 years old already, need to put $$$ to renovate?
    => 2nd hand vs. brand new
    => buy low then renovate, even better???
    - 3. D18! (D18 vs. D15) far east in singapore
    - 4. Tampines vs Marine Parade vicinity
    - 5. HDB upgrader image???
    - 6. resale value may getting cheaper and cheaper if not for enbloc?
    - 7. no walking distance to the amenities
    => Must have car!

Unregistered88 Guest

To PP you are confusing ur objectives First qn u have to answer What can u afford? If I listen to the "advice" on these types of forum, I would never hv bought my condo. Do ur sums and go with ur gut feel Dont let the naysayers sway u

huh Guest

One more question to expert:
    Comparing One Amber or Esta with The Tropica at Bedok Reservoir,

Using Esta as an example, hopeful the price can drop to $800psf, 3+study unit will be 1475 x 800= 1.18 mil, 4 room will be 1593 * 800 = 1.23 mil:
    + 1: the first plus point is: FH!!!
    + 2: D15!!
    + 3: near Marine Parade and Katong
    => parkway, good eatering
    + 4: best unit layout comparing One Amber and the Sea View
    + 5: easy access, just next to ECP katong exit

- 1: too many projects in marine parade, over supply
    => hard to sell, hard to enblock
    - 2: deep inside amber garden, no good sea view
    - 3: next to mounbatten road - noisy tranffic pollution?
    - 4: smaller land size comparing with Sea View and One Amber
    - 5: cheapest image in amber area
    - 6: lousy lanscape - some stacks seems just next to the main entry
    - 7: big barcony, bay window every where, result the much smaller actual floor area (all the 3 project same...)

The Tropica is 9 years-old lease hold project, 4 bedder with 1518 sqft at 0.95 mil now, hopefully the 1500 sqft unit can go down to 0.85 mil, about 330K cheaper:
    + 1. Best view in Bedok Reservoir
    => big potantial for enbloc?
    + 2. No traffic noise pollution at all
    => rest of the reservioir projects are facing a busy Bedok Reservoir road
    + 3. Living room, dinning room and all the rooms have beautiful reservoir view or full pool view
    + 4. Not far away to go PIE, very near to the entry of new highway (kallang express?)
    + 5. new United World College of South East Asia tampines campus will be ready in 2010
    => potential demand on rental?
    => 4th University in upper changi will benefit the rental also?
    => Next to Temasek Poly, good rental to student?
    + 6. Big land size, beautiful lanscape
    + 7. No balcony, no baywindow, no wast at all!!
    + 8. Full facility, including Squash
    => now a day, new project no more squash, Dakota even no Tennis court
    + 9. Entire estate designed according to Fengshui
    +10. Near IKEA, Giant Supermarket (open till 11pm!) and Courts Megastore
    +11. Future MRT Quarry Park station next door

- 1. 99 LH!!! (99 LH vs. FH)
    - 2. 9 years old already, need to put $$$ to renovate?
    => 2nd hand vs. brand new
    => buy low then renovate, even better???
    - 3. D18! (D18 vs. D15) far east in singapore
    - 4. Tampines vs Marine Parade vicinity
    - 5. HDB upgrader image???
    - 6. resale value may getting cheaper and cheaper if not for enbloc?
    - 7. no walking distance to the amenities
    => Must have car!
    you are comparing apples and orange? Seems like u can and want to buy Tropica but keeping options open......

Default Thanks

RS_Pundit and other contributers, thank you for your views!
    The sailent points brought out by you guys really enlighten me.

The information and views will help follow forumers to better prepared to make right decision.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by huh
    you are comparing apples and orange? Seems like u can and want to buy Tropica but keeping options open......
    Well, ppl always say location, location and location! I'm comparing a not so good apple in the good location with a good orange with not so good location
    Yes, i'm pretty confusing. Financially, able to buy either one...

Initially, i prefer to have more liquid cash on hand as CASH is the king in such uncertain time. but think of the high inflation, i worry the CASH become paper soon...

Do appreciate everyone's feedback, and looking forward to the advice from Real Estate Pundit!

dunanyhowjump Guest

Well, ppl always say location, location and location! I'm comparing a not so good apple in the good location with a good orange with not so good location
    Yes, i'm pretty confusing. Financially, able to buy either one...

Initially, i prefer to have more liquid cash on hand as CASH is the king in such uncertain time. but think of the high inflation, i worry the CASH become paper soon...

Do appreciate everyone's feedback, and looking forward to the advice from Real Estate Pundit!
    Inflation will last only max a few years... in fact, gahmen already say will come down in late 2008. You buy property now at high price, you're locking that price for many many many years... whatever you try to save due to inflation, you pay back many many many times on the overpriced property.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dunanyhowjump
    Inflation will last only max a few years... in fact, gahmen already say will come down in late 2008. You buy property now at high price, you're locking that price for many many many years... whatever you try to save due to inflation, you pay back many many many times on the overpriced property.
    I'm expecting the Esta drop to $800psf, and The Tropic drop to $850 - $800K (total), will it still be overpriced?

Got unit sold for $762 psf in July transaction, is prices still heading south?

ONE AMBERAMBER GARDENSCondominium1,008,8881,324762Jul-08

reg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by latour

The low transacted prices are the original purchase prices from the developers with caveats lodged only now.

Check the more detailed caveats with transaction type and you'll see (under SISV caveats, but have to subscribe). If not, you can also get your agent to check for you.

No vested interest in the project, and not intending to too. Just thought I should set the record straight, it's quite misleading otherwise. Happy hunting!

Kit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reg
    The low transacted prices are the original purchase prices from the developers with caveats lodged only now.

Check the more detailed caveats with transaction type and you'll see (under SISV caveats, but have to subscribe). If not, you can also get your agent to check for you.

No vested interest in the project, and not intending to too. Just thought I should set the record straight, it's quite misleading otherwise. Happy hunting!

All agents always say that caveats are lodged later..thus the low price...Low price means caveats are lodged later...Hai...Do some Homework please

URA Guest

If it is from URA caveats, then confirm liao prices have dropped. If nationproperty, then there is a chance that it is the original purchase price from developer.

Quote Originally Posted by latour

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    If it is from URA caveats, then confirm liao prices have dropped. If nationproperty, then there is a chance that it is the original purchase price from developer.
    Hmmm... now which one is correct ???

one selling low dun mean the whole entire project

will be following that kind of pricing....

Original Buyer Guest

I'm one of those who bought 1st hand and can confirm that pricing is about right for 1st hand sale. If an agent can get me that pricing, I will gladly pay him 2%! Pls post if you got units to market. Thanks.

one amber is a pretty good project also

Default 900 psf? Sure

Quote Originally Posted by 881
    Right now for the better units (high floor, sea view) the psf is $1,050 psf or more, down from $1,300 psf at the height. If these units can be let go for $900, I will be first in line to buy as this is below cost!!

Bro, give me your cheque at 900 psf. High floor, good stack. Plus your number too. Call u for good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Original Buyer
    I'm one of those who bought 1st hand and can confirm that pricing is about right for 1st hand sale. If an agent can get me that pricing, I will gladly pay him 2%! Pls post if you got units to market. Thanks.

Mr Owner, give me your number. also your 2% comms

Interested Guest

Joe what stack do you have

Quote Originally Posted by Interested
    Joe what stack do you have

stack 19 to me is the Best. But to you might not. I have different stack. Tell me your stack. Try to get for you.

Interested Guest

Do you have stack 26?

Speculator Guest

Default Wondering....

What is the psf range for Oneamber low floor now?

I sold 2 bedroom 6th floor unit last month for 970 psf.......is it now lower (i hope) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Interested
    Do you have stack 26?

Sure I have. High or low floor? pm me your number. Follow up from there. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Speculator
    What is the psf range for Oneamber low floor now?

I sold 2 bedroom 6th floor unit last month for 970 psf.......is it now lower (i hope) ?

Bro, last month? I didn't know any 6th floor sold last month. Last week 2 unit sold for about 1100psf. latest caveat shown is 762pft for #01-2x tat come with patio. Built-in is 948sqft. For those who keen to buy cheap at one amber, pm me your number. Will follow up with you. btw, now for low floor, 900psf will close. Believe me, cheers

joe Guest

If One Amber mid to high floor with good view, how much do you reckon the asking price would be?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    If One Amber mid to high floor with good view, how much do you reckon the asking price would be?

Thanks
    1st owner still can get 9xx, 2nd owner most likely to be between 1000 to 1200.
    If you are looking for stack 8 and 13 high floor, around 1400 to 1500 psf.

Unregistered. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6816
    1st owner still can get 9xx, 2nd owner most likely to be between 1000 to 1200.
    If you are looking for stack 8 and 13 high floor, around 1400 to 1500 psf.
    How come one amber can sell higher than Esta?