Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: One Amber (D15, 999 years, UIC/Singland)

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Exactly! Is self interest at play here by saying:
    1. Condo price crashing to half its value when it is not.
    2. Singapore in recession when the fact is we are in technical recession with small growth.

I never said condo price has crashed (or will crash) to half its value, nor did I say we are in a recession.

I said times were uncertain, and that is a fact. I said we don't know how bad it will or will not be, and that is also fact. I did mention our government saying the poorer outlook will last several quarters, and that is also fact.

My advice to those hoping to jump in without doing due diligience is to exercise caution, and it appears to have ruffled many feathers. I wonder why.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered111
    I never said condo price has crashed (or will crash) to half its value, nor did I say we are in a recession.

I said times were uncertain, and that is a fact. I said we don't know how bad it will or will not be, and that is also fact. I did mention our government saying the poorer outlook will last several quarters, and that is also fact.

My advice to those hoping to jump in without doing due diligience is to exercise caution, and it appears to have ruffled many feathers. I wonder why.
    Ah! Now what you say is diffferent. It makes sense and is acceptable.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Feet
    Err ... this guy is cool!
    o bro that is not cool or not cool

I just went to bintan and relax and let down

all my worries

Life is not about worrying this and that

it will never end one

the more worries u are , the more it will affect ur health too

so why live in a life full of worries

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Ah! Now what you say is diffferent. It makes sense and is acceptable.

Actually its exactly the same as what I said earlier. I merely paraphrased it here.

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    o bro that is not cool or not cool

I just went to bintan and relax and let down

all my worries

Life is not about worrying this and that

it will never end one

the more worries u are , the more it will affect ur health too

so why live in a life full of worries

Exactly! Life should not be full of worries.

If you can well afford a property or many properties, go right ahead and buy buy buy.

If you can't or are uncertain, then don't!

Why worry if the economy is up or down. As long as one spends within his or her means, and has enough for a rainy day should something unfortunate happens, why worry?

And I was in Bintan two weeks ago. Rained all weekend. Hope you had more luck than me.

Exactly! Life should not be full of worries.

If you can well afford a property or many properties, go right ahead and buy buy buy.

If you can't or are uncertain, then don't!

Why worry if the economy is up or down. As long as one spends within his or her means, and has enough for a rainy day should something unfortunate happens, why worry?

And I was in Bintan two weeks ago. Rained all weekend. Hope you had more luck than me.
    O i went there three weeks ago , It was raining

Mine was bintan resort , such a nice place facing the sea

Now planning where will be the next resort i should be heading off

Stock market ..sorry stock market dun know me at all

Why i bother about it so much

For those who wish to have a life that is drag down by this downturn

market and let it cripple your life and end up in sorrows

continue to do so.....

Interloper Guest

When I bought my 3 bdr at One Amber, the developer gave each buyer an amber stone. I had to sign on a list acknowledging receipt of the stone and I saw the names of the other buyers - couple of Indon-sounding names and couple of Dr so-and-so. Yes, there are buyers who bought to flip but am the same time, there are buyers like me who bought to stay.

I went to view showflats at the Esta & One Amber and decided to buy OA instead because of the better finishing. In fact, the agent showing me around Esta showflat admitted to me this fact.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    O i went there three weeks ago , It was raining

Mine was bintan resort , such a nice place facing the sea

Now planning where will be the next resort i should be heading off

Stock market ..sorry stock market dun know me at all

Why i bother about it so much

For those who wish to have a life that is drag down by this downturn

market and let it cripple your life and end up in sorrows

continue to do so.....
    Bintan Resort, nice but is a Singapore colony. Oops!

Cheap one Port Dickson or Phuket. Expensive one Maui or Bermuda.

Unregistered. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6816
    4 room, 1615sqft, facing southwest. Might have Seaview as it's on the #18. unit is #18-12. 880psf to close. any offer i will try.
    misleading! the url you gave is a 3 bedder with good pool facing. the 1615 sqft is facing the entry of ECP! must be very very noisy, sure have very strong afternoon sun also.
    http://homelist101.com/newprojects/o...ns/type_D1.pdf
    better wait for TOP, then see the actual unit to decide. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Interloper
    When I bought my 3 bdr at One Amber, the developer gave each buyer an amber stone. I had to sign on a list acknowledging receipt of the stone and I saw the names of the other buyers - couple of Indon-sounding names and couple of Dr so-and-so. Yes, there are buyers who bought to flip but am the same time, there are buyers like me who bought to stay.

I went to view showflats at the Esta & One Amber and decided to buy OA instead because of the better finishing. In fact, the agent showing me around Esta showflat admitted to me this fact.

agree 1 Amber is better then Esta. Now you can see some units selling cheaper then Esta. It's a better buy

Quote Originally Posted by Interloper

Good Choice .the finishing of OA is much better than Esta in terms of design & built.

esta_650psf Guest

ONE AMBER. Only 650psf
    3+1, stack 16. No noon sun
    Hi Joe, sure or not? really 650 psf? and not Esta???

stack 21 not bad

esta_650psf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by esta_650psf
    Hi Joe, sure or not? really 650 psf? and not Esta???
    Is this one? which floor? must have a very good of Esta view!
    http://homelist101.com/newprojects/o...ns/type_C6.pdf the balcony facing the main gate, is it?

1 AMBER Guest

This is unit is facing the power house, negative fengshui lah.

esta_650psf Guest

Is this one? which floor? must have a very good of Esta view!
    http://homelist101.com/newprojects/o...ns/type_C6.pdf the balcony facing the main gate, is it?
    look at this site plan, not that bad leh, stack 16 south facing, very privacy.
    http://homelist101.com/newprojects/o...site_plan.html

Interested Guest

look at this site plan, not that bad leh, stack 16 south facing, very privacy.
    http://homelist101.com/newprojects/o...site_plan.html
    Best to wait for Joe to come back and confirm.

esta_650psf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Interested
    Best to wait for Joe to come back and confirm.
    i guess Joe has made a mistake. typo error - 850 instead of 650 .....otherwise usually he will response very fast. let's see how long will he appear here! :P

i guess Joe has made a mistake. typo error - 850 instead of 650 .....otherwise usually he will response very fast. let's see how long will he appear here! :P
    If it's $650psf,it's really developer price & a steal in this world.lol

Bro,your $650psf dream comes true.

Question! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C.X

Maybe joe is not here because he is selling the unit right now lol

But really, if its not a typo, its a good price and i'll be very keen to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Question!
    Maybe joe is not here because he is selling the unit right now lol

But really, if its not a typo, its a good price and i'll be very keen to buy.
    Bro,

$650psf it's really freaking cheap,don't forget it's still situated @ Katong.can afford,just buy.too bad i can't afford to buy anymore property.

Question! Guest

Bro,

$650psf it's really freaking cheap,don't forget it's still situated @ Katong.can afford,just buy.too bad i can't afford to buy anymore property.
    Agree. That's why am waiting for Joe to advise on which floor as well as exact unit size.

Quote Originally Posted by Question!
    Agree. That's why am waiting for Joe to advise on which floor as well as exact unit size.
    Bro,

Hokkien says Mai Tu liao. Even the property price drops,in my opinion definetly won't drop any further for $650psf.

Default Impressive and comprehensive search engine

Hi all,
    I found one website very impressive and comprehensive,just like an condo directory search engine. I was attracted by its 720 degree virtual tour,transaction chart,elevation,floor plan,ect. Look up urself in more details,then u will know how helpful and comprehensive it is.

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/oneamber

RegĄstered Guest

ONE AMBER. Only 650psf
    No thanks!
    Better don't buy your unit.

So many bought 99LH Livia in Pasir Ris recently and they gave your D15 FH unit a miss?
    Your unit must be a lousy cursed unit.

If it is good, they would bought your unit at the same price.
    Too bad for you!

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Livia ................. OCR ....... 9 ............................... 702 ................ 677 ............... 646

Please! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RegĄstered
    No thanks!
    Better don't buy your unit.

So many bought 99LH Livia in Pasir Ris recently and they gave your D15 FH unit a miss?
    Your unit must be a lousy cursed unit.

If it is good, they would bought your unit at the same price.
    Too bad for you!
    Do you know why they bought 99-leasehold Livia in Pasir Ris instead of Joe6816's freehold OneAmber at the same price?

Why don't they do it since it is a better deal?

Why?

Because Joe6816 is a conman!

Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU) Guest

Actually its exactly the same as what I said earlier. I merely paraphrased it here.
    Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU)
    Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.
    Yah!
    Don't be too happy!
    Everyone is a loser here.
    Only IRAS is the big winner who is smiling now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Property sub-sales net $95m profits
    Third-quarter showing still strong but market will soften soon: Experts

Fiona Chan
    Property Reporter
    Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Private home prices may have slid in the third quarter but the sub-sale market was still going strong.

Ninety-six per cent of owners who resold an uncompleted home between July and last month pocketed profits from the deals, according to new data by property consultancy Savills Singapore.

These transactions, officially known as sub-sales, occur when you buy a home and resell it before it is built. They are used as a proxy for property speculation because the owner resells the home without ever living in it.

Only 12 sub-sale transactions out of the 306 that Savills analysed in the quarter incurred a loss, amounting to just under $1 million of red ink. The rest made a total of $95.1 million in gains, Savills said.

This continues the trend in the first half of the year, when 97% of such deals turned in profits. But the profits seen in the third quarter were considerably narrower as home prices started softening more quickly.

Profitable sub-sellers made an average of $323,420 in the third quarter, but this was skewed upwards by a single large deal: a whopping $6.7 million profit from the sale of a 63rd-storey penthouse at The Sail @ Marina Bay.

Excluding this sale, the average gain was $301,784 - almost 40% lower than the average gain in the first half of the year. It works out to an average profit for each seller of about 30% over the purchase price.

Still, 'to be able to achieve such gains in a year when the property market has gone into a standstill is highly commendable', said Mr Ku Swee Yong, director of business development and marketing at Savills Singapore.

But in case would-be speculators become tempted by these gains, other consultants noted that the bulk of these deals probably occurred before the Sept 14 collapse of United States investment bank Lehman Brothers, which caused the financial crisis to take a sudden turn for the worse.

'The real estate market typically lags behind the stock market by six months or more, so we will probably start to see the real effect early next year,' said Mr Nicholas Mak, director of research and consultancy at Knight Frank.

'These profitable sub-sale transactions took place before the market hit the skids. It is extremely risky to go and speculate in the market right now.'

Most sellers who made a profit in the third quarter had originally bought their units in the last two years and benefited from the sharp run-up in prices in the period, said Mr Ku. While values have weakened somewhat this year, they are still generally higher than in 2006.

Sellers who held on to their units for a longer time before reselling them in the third quarter made more gains, Savills' data showed. Even those who had bought a unit as late as this year and offloaded it in the third quarter made an average gain of $98,600.

If they had sold the unit in the first half of the year, however, they would probably have doubled their gain.

The biggest profits of more than $1 million each were for units at The Sail @ Marina Bay, St Regis Residences and Cairnhill Residences.

On the flip side, sub-sale losses for the quarter averaged $76,820 for each loss-making deal. A unit at Watermark Robertson Quay chalked up the biggest loss of $207,552, while units at Soleil @ Sinaran, 8 @ Mt Sophia and One Amber were also sold at losses of more than $100,000 each.

All the losses were for units that had been bought last year or this year, according to Savills' data. Sub-sellers who had bought their units at the peak of property fever, between June and September last year, bled the most.

'In any case, there are always desperate sale cases even during good times,' Mr Ku noted.

The Sail @ Marina Bay had the largest number of sub-sales in the quarter - 19 - with each deal netting its seller an average profit of $1.1 million. There was one loss, of $62,890, for a second-floor unit.

Other projects with more than 10 sub-sales included Parc Emily in Dhoby Ghaut, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, Riveredge in Tanjong Rhu and The Esta in Marine Parade.

But the profits were not just confined to developments in the prime districts.

At Casa Merah in Tanah Merah, 10 sub-sales yielded an average profit of $100,351, while Atrium Residences in Geylang saw four sub-sales with an average gain of $54,556.

esta_650psf Guest

Haha! thanks! didn't expect $650psf come to one amber first. study the site plan and floor plan, really not bad if it is REALLY $650psf!

Halo Joe, are you still there? dear not to response, is it?

Not worry lah, everybody can make mistake one, typo error never mind, just don't hide and cry, ok?

Question Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Please!
    Do you know why they bought 99-leasehold Livia in Pasir Ris instead of Joe6816's freehold OneAmber at the same price?

Why don't they do it since it is a better deal?

Why?

Because Joe6816 is a conman!
    Why did you say Joe6816 is a conman?