Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

URA

Smile The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

US April housing starts rise best since Jan 2006

WASHINGTON - Construction starts on new US homes rose by a surprisingly strong 8.2 per cent in April and applications for new building permits turned up for the first time in five months, the Commerce Department said on Friday in a report showing the hard-hit housing sector still had some spring vigor.

Unregistered11

Default Re: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

All the talking down of the property market is not true as I get 4 calls a day from property agents and it starts from $1300 for Sea View.

WEst apple

The condo looks packed. It makes the look looks crowding.

The road location to the condo seems congested. The road leading into Amber road maybe congested in the months when the units are TOP.

In addtion the traffic maybe slow when going into the condo and when passing through to parkway parade.

The small round-about circus may have to demolished and turn into a traffic light junction. A new condo on the former Amberville is also there.

The price is not sustain..

1registered

Quote Originally Posted by WEst apple
    The condo looks packed. It makes the look looks crowding.

The road location to the condo seems congested. The road leading into Amber road maybe congested in the months when the units are TOP.

In addtion the traffic maybe slow when going into the condo and when passing through to parkway parade.

The small round-about circus may have to demolished and turn into a traffic light junction. A new condo on the former Amberville is also there.

The price is not sustain..
    That's how its going to be if you want 6.5 million population...........

All condos are crowded and some are worse off if the land size is small.

In the case of SEAVIEW, the land is huge and well spaced out, unlike some newer developments where one could "shake the neighbour''s hand" across the blocks or "easily see what the neighbour is having for lunch in the dining room".

Suggest you take a good look once again at The SeaView and you will realise that its the best among all the new condos in Amber - Marine Parade road.

unconvinced

Quote Originally Posted by 1registered
    That's how its going to be if you want 6.5 million population...........

All condos are crowded and some are worse off if the land size is small.

In the case of SEAVIEW, the land is huge and well spaced out, unlike some newer developments where one could "shake the neighbour''s hand" across the blocks or "easily see what the neighbour is having for lunch in the dining room".

Suggest you take a good look once again at The SeaView and you will realise that its the best among all the new condos in Amber - Marine Parade road.
    correct me if i am wrong
    but most of the units facing the pool actually face each other,
    although not in extreme proximity as you say, but i reckon you can get a pretty good look at what your neighbours across are doing on the balcony
    and/or inside the living/dining area.

so unless you do not mind that, then you would probably buy a unit facing the direction of the sea, though not necessarily having much sea view, because of the cote d'azur across the road and the other due to be built very soon next to it on ex-amberville grounds

on the other side (rose garden site) you will probably have to contend with the noise and dust etc during construction of new condo and probably in close proximity as well if not closer than those units facing each other across the pool area.

so which part of The Seaview do you deem to be 'best' as opposed to real sea facing condos both around amber and marine parade areas?

Unregistered123

I used to be a firm believer that if an apt has nice sea views, the price would appreicate or hold. Not any more.

I live in an apt with one of the nicest sea views in the east. This is not just my opinion. Anyone and everyone who has stepped into my apt is simply awed by the views.

But the price has dropped, and dropped quite a fair bit. Because unfortunately the whole project is not a very good one. Hint - its in district 16 and I get unparelled 360 degrees view of the sea.

So while sea views are important, one must also take into account other factors like freehold/leasehold, quality, location, facilities, etc. YOu can also check out the other condos in district 15 with unblocked sea views and I can tell you that most home buyers will not wanna buy (eg cote).

In the case of the SEAVIEW, it is true that you probably wont get much of a seaview. But the quality, the landsize and the location are superb. The Wheelock name carries a lot of prestige and weight.

At the end of the day, it is whether or not you think the price will hold or appreciate. I think the Seaview will do well in this regard.

unconvinced

[QUOTE=Unregistered123]I used to be a firm believer that if an apt has nice sea views, the price would appreicate or hold. Not any more.

I live in an apt with one of the nicest sea views in the east. This is not just my opinion. Anyone and everyone who has stepped into my apt is simply awed by the views.

But the price has dropped, and dropped quite a fair bit. Because unfortunately the whole project is not a very good one. Hint - its in district 16 and I get unparelled 360 degrees view of the sea.

QUOTE]

really sorry about that but i believe you are referring to costa del sol?

i reckoned costa del sol was overpriced to begin with when it was launched
    so you cannot say that it has not appreciated, but it was
    unfortunate that li ka shing had immense holding power and that he
    refused to let his properties be sold below $1000 psf back in 2002 was it?

i went to see the project as well but was unimpressed by the small layouts and lack of balconies for alot of the units. Subsequently they lowered selling prices to around $700 psf if memory serves me right so it is inevitable that you will suffer a loss.

Unregistered123

No, I did not suffer a loss. My point is that even with great unrivaled seaviews, the prices did not hold. Same for the other projects with sea views. My point is that great views per se do not equal good buys. Must also look at quality, layout, facilities, freehold/leasehold, etc.

I reckon that the Sea View, even without the views, will hold its price. Wheelock has done a fantastic job there.

IUnregistered

What's the possible lowest price for the Sea View? some is asking 900psf already... worthy to wait?

User Info Menu

All depends on the unit mate, if it is a good one go for it.....