Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182328 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

RegĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by What?
    Meaning .......?
    Meaning no meaning.

RegĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU)
    Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.
    Agree.
    Not sure why many people keep giving wrong information.
    Many keep saying US is in recession when in actual it has growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU)
    Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.
    Great depression or not.. the economy isnt doing well and that's enough crap for everyone here

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    Great depression or not.. the economy isnt doing well and that's enough crap for everyone here
    You can't expect the economy to always perform +5% what.
    Sometime +1%, sometime +4%, sometime +2%, is acceptable.

Main thing is not to get into a -x% situation. -x% means recession. Recession is no joke.

This is like getting a salary of sometime $11,000 pm, sometime $14,000 pm, sometime $12,000 pm.

Main thing is not to get into a situation of no income and yet owe somebody $10,000 (i.e. -$10,000).

it is a cycle

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    You can't expect the economy to always perform +5% what.
    Sometime +1%, sometime +4%, sometime +2%, is acceptable.

Main thing is not to get into a -x% situation. -x% means recession. Recession is no joke.

This is like getting a salary of sometime $11,000 pm, sometime $14,000 pm, sometime $12,000 pm.

Main thing is not to get into a situation of no income and yet owe somebody $10,000 (i.e. -$10,000).
    Luckily we have a technical recession but no recession.
    Recession means no growth. No growth means trouble!

Luckily we have a technical recession but no recession.
    Recession means no growth. No growth means trouble!
    are u still able to eat three meals a day

now?

did u go around begging for food?

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    are u still able to eat three meals a day

now?

did u go around begging for food?
    I do not think our unemployment rate will go up significantly this time, even if a recession come.

Just my 2 cent worth.. Guest

Question

I do not think our unemployment rate will go up significantly this time, even if a recession come.
    which industry are you from ?

Question Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Just my 2 cent worth..
    What's the difference?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    What's the difference?
    Most business forecast for next year is very bad, including finance, property, manufacturing, etc. Everyone is bracing for the down turn... I am curious which industry is not affected.

All kind of cost cutting measures (including retrenchment, pay cut) will happen next year. So which industry is he from that expect less job cut than last time.

UnregĄstered Guest

Most business forecast for next year is very bad, including finance, property, manufacturing, etc. Everyone is bracing for the down turn... I am curious which industry is not affected.

All kind of cost cutting measures (including retrenchment, pay cut) will happen next year. So which industry is he from that expect less job cut than last time.
    You mean reduce foreiger headcounts will increase unemployment rate?
    You mean nobody will take up IR jobs?

Smile

You mean reduce foreiger headcounts will increase unemployment rate?
    You mean nobody will take up IR jobs?
    If u mean a executive level taking up security job at IR is not a issue. Yes, we have plenty of job created. and we have solved job loss issue.

If u mean a hotel cleaner can pay the same kind of bills for private property like a executive level, then you are right. the property will not crash.

If u mean cutting foreign headcount will reduce unemployment rate, then yes, we will be doing alright next year.

BTW, how old are you ?

Faith Guest

Smile

Er.. Downturn ? Thought dec gonna be another round of hefty pay increases for the garment ? Have faith.. this recession will blow over soon as they have more incentives to think better after the increases. Life is tough...
    Thus we really need more talent people to help us get out of this shithole.

Question Guest

If u mean a executive level taking up security job at IR is not a issue. Yes, we have plenty of job created. and we have solved job loss issue.

If u mean a hotel cleaner can pay the same kind of bills for private property like a executive level, then you are right. the property will not crash.

If u mean cutting foreign headcount will reduce unemployment rate, then yes, we will be doing alright next year.

BTW, how old are you ?
    By the way, are you getting retrenched soon?

UnregĄstered Guest

Telecom. So?

to me all east coast condo

good.......

to me all east coast condo

good.......

haha....kena flame

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    By the way, are you getting retrenched soon?

I knew it, there will be comment like this one...

how old are you ? btw ..

Telecom. So?
    Obvious that you sounds like outsider on the term used.

Obvious that you sounds like outsider on the term used.
    i heard got one owner staying in seaview

driving a posh ferrari

Talking

driving a posh ferrari
    Not surprise.. I have seen RR in Kembangan Terrace. Lamborghini in Terrace house, also in Kembangan. BTW, Seaview is quite a upclass condo.

RegĄstered Guest

I knew it, there will be comment like this one...

how old are you ? btw ..
    ... why avoid his question ?? just answer him la ...

Quote Originally Posted by RegĄstered
    ... why avoid his question ?? just answer him la ...
    YES or NO will only draw more unnecessary comments. i think anyone who is unemployed, probably have other recuitment website to spend his time, then killing time here.

UnregĄstered Guest

driving a posh ferrari
    Yah!
    Don't be too happy!
    Everyone is a loser
    Only IRAS is the big winner who is smiling now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Property sub-sales net $95m profits
    Third-quarter showing still strong but market will soften soon: Experts

Fiona Chan
    Property Reporter
    Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Private home prices may have slid in the third quarter but the sub-sale market was still going strong.

Ninety-six per cent of owners who resold an uncompleted home between July and last month pocketed profits from the deals, according to new data by property consultancy Savills Singapore.

These transactions, officially known as sub-sales, occur when you buy a home and resell it before it is built. They are used as a proxy for property speculation because the owner resells the home without ever living in it.

Only 12 sub-sale transactions out of the 306 that Savills analysed in the quarter incurred a loss, amounting to just under $1 million of red ink. The rest made a total of $95.1 million in gains, Savills said.

This continues the trend in the first half of the year, when 97% of such deals turned in profits. But the profits seen in the third quarter were considerably narrower as home prices started softening more quickly.

Profitable sub-sellers made an average of $323,420 in the third quarter, but this was skewed upwards by a single large deal: a whopping $6.7 million profit from the sale of a 63rd-storey penthouse at The Sail @ Marina Bay.

Excluding this sale, the average gain was $301,784 - almost 40% lower than the average gain in the first half of the year. It works out to an average profit for each seller of about 30% over the purchase price.

Still, 'to be able to achieve such gains in a year when the property market has gone into a standstill is highly commendable', said Mr Ku Swee Yong, director of business development and marketing at Savills Singapore.

But in case would-be speculators become tempted by these gains, other consultants noted that the bulk of these deals probably occurred before the Sept 14 collapse of United States investment bank Lehman Brothers, which caused the financial crisis to take a sudden turn for the worse.

'The real estate market typically lags behind the stock market by six months or more, so we will probably start to see the real effect early next year,' said Mr Nicholas Mak, director of research and consultancy at Knight Frank.

'These profitable sub-sale transactions took place before the market hit the skids. It is extremely risky to go and speculate in the market right now.'

Most sellers who made a profit in the third quarter had originally bought their units in the last two years and benefited from the sharp run-up in prices in the period, said Mr Ku. While values have weakened somewhat this year, they are still generally higher than in 2006.

Sellers who held on to their units for a longer time before reselling them in the third quarter made more gains, Savills' data showed. Even those who had bought a unit as late as this year and offloaded it in the third quarter made an average gain of $98,600.

If they had sold the unit in the first half of the year, however, they would probably have doubled their gain.

The biggest profits of more than $1 million each were for units at The Sail @ Marina Bay, St Regis Residences and Cairnhill Residences.

On the flip side, sub-sale losses for the quarter averaged $76,820 for each loss-making deal. A unit at Watermark Robertson Quay chalked up the biggest loss of $207,552, while units at Soleil @ Sinaran, 8 @ Mt Sophia and One Amber were also sold at losses of more than $100,000 each.

All the losses were for units that had been bought last year or this year, according to Savills' data. Sub-sellers who had bought their units at the peak of property fever, between June and September last year, bled the most.

'In any case, there are always desperate sale cases even during good times,' Mr Ku noted.

The Sail @ Marina Bay had the largest number of sub-sales in the quarter - 19 - with each deal netting its seller an average profit of $1.1 million. There was one loss, of $62,890, for a second-floor unit.

Other projects with more than 10 sub-sales included Parc Emily in Dhoby Ghaut, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, Riveredge in Tanjong Rhu and The Esta in Marine Parade.

But the profits were not just confined to developments in the prime districts.

At Casa Merah in Tanah Merah, 10 sub-sales yielded an average profit of $100,351, while Atrium Residences in Geylang saw four sub-sales with an average gain of $54,556.

wow one million good money

New caveat that was just released....upto 17 Oct 08

Unit_____SQFT___psf,$____Total______Contract date
    12-0X___ 1216___ 1283___ $1,560,000__ 16Oct08
    02-0X___ 1410___ 1040___ $1,466,400__ 03Oct08

17-2X___ 1518___ 1100___ $1,669,800__ 29Sep08
    08-0X___ 1216___ 1330___ $1,617,280__ 19Sep08
    15-0X___ 1647___ 1366___ $2,250,000__ 21Aug08
    06-0X___ 527____ 1505___ $793,000____ 20Aug08
    18-0X___ 1216___ 1350___ $1,641,600__ 14Aug08
    09-1X___ 1647___ 1450___ $2,388,150__ 08Aug08
    02-0X___ 1518___ 1028___ $1,580,000__ 04Aug08
    21-0X___ 1410___ 1348___ $1,900,000__ 01Aug08
    20-2X___ 1647___ 1166___ $1,920,000__ 23Jul08
    05-1X___ 1410___ 1410___ $1,480,000__ 16 Jul08
    03-11___ 1410___ 1277___ $1,800,000__ 18Jul08
    03-22___ 1410___ 1550___ $2,185,500__ 17Jul08
    05-15___ 1410___ 1050___ $1,480,000__ 7Jul08
    14-08___ 1216___ 1260___ $1,532,160__ 30Jun08
    20-20___ 560____ 1289___ $716,800____ 26 Jun08
    03-15___ 1410___ 1028___ $1,450,000__ 17Jun08
    09-14___ 1647___ 1450___ $2,388,150__ 13Jun08
    12-21___ 1216___ 1065___ $1,295,040__ 12Jun08
    08-15___ 1410___ 1100___ $1,551,000__ 10Jun08

Will SeaView go below $1000 psf ?
    Have to watch and see I guess. Are there potential buyer offering any units and testing $900 psf? or are there desparate seller wanting to let go at good price ?

Unregistered. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Will SeaView go below $1000 psf ?
    Have to watch and see I guess. Are there potential buyer offering any units and testing $900 psf? or are there desparate seller wanting to let go at good price ?
    there are several adv quoted $1000 psf for Sea View this weekend. the market is really really quite now!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered.
    there are several adv quoted $1000 psf for Sea View this weekend. the market is really really quite now!
    Right... Its a time where buyer waiting for it to go down further, and buyer praying it will soon go back up. Looks like its better to wait abit longer, hold back buying plans for a while and see how things turns out to be.