Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

I am an yeast lover. not the kind that's between the thighs of a skanky 'ho, but the creamy black variety that i'd spread between two slices of white bread.

Default What's the latest price?

Anyone selling any units here? What's the latest price?

I'm interested in this area. With prices set to drop 10-25%, I'm hoping to get a good price...

Esta also I can... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by abc
    Just to let you know, rented out above $7,500k for 4 rm units (unfurnished). Likewise for my next door unit. Is this high or low? On top of that, when I go back to Seaview, I can see many expats with agents, looking for rental.

Yeah, expats are moving to D15, East Coast side. Even my landed property next door negihbor rented out to CEO.....he shifted from D11. So, agreed with you, those D9,10,11 are shifting to D15. In short, actually, The Seaview benefited from the shift.....D9,10,11.

Those shifted to outskirts are on the small budget. Good for everyone, at least those in the outskirts also got expats. Wonderful!
    just found out this post some how...
    Wondering how is the rental now in The Sea View, still $7500 per mth???

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    just found out this post some how...
    Wondering how is the rental now in The Sea View, still $7500 per mth???
    3 bedroom for $3000/mth during 3rd/4th quarter last year. My angmo colleague rented it.

Now that D9,10,11 rentals are dropping, many are trying to break lease to leave the east coast to move back to D9,10,11. 2nd tier property is always 2nd tier property, market up or down also lugi.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    3 bedroom for $3000/mth during 3rd/4th quarter last year. My angmo colleague rented it.

Now that D9,10,11 rentals are dropping, many are trying to break lease to leave the east coast to move back to D9,10,11. 2nd tier property is always 2nd tier property, market up or down also lugi.
    If $3000/mth during 3rd/4th quarter 08' by 2nd quarter 09'..... many owners will be in deep deep trouble....

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin

Hi just for my ref can u ps share the stack no that went for 3k pm, would like to know if your angmo landed a bargain or just a bad unit

3+1 The Seaview hope to rent out at $5500/mth, advertise on the ST yesterday.... If the owner bought it at $1100psf, means 1100x1350=$1.5million, the $5500 rental will make him lose more than $1000 a month, futher more, carry the loan for 30 years, really bad...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VIPCLUB2004
    3+1 The Seaview hope to rent out at $5500/mth, advertise on the ST yesterday.... If the owner bought it at $1100psf, means 1100x1350=$1.5million, the $5500 rental will make him lose more than $1000 a month, futher more, carry the loan for 30 years, really bad...

Eh.. how do you know that that unit was a subsale unit bought @ $1100psf?

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    Eh.. how do you know that that unit was a subsale unit bought @ $1100psf?

Pet
    Just take a number for example

What loss are you talking about? if using your above example;

Without Rental Income
    monthly loan repayment = $6,500
    rental income = $0
    Cash outlay = -$6,500
    Full 30 yrs cash outlay = -$2,340,000

With Rental Income
    rental income = $5,500
    Cash outlay = -$1,000
    Full 30 yrs cash outlay = -$360,000

He/she actually gained $1.98M. Assumption is rental income remains constant throught out 30 yrs.. your argument don't really hold water.

4.4% rental yield ain't that bad.

But with many other prime condos renting at even more attractive rates and hordes of FT leaving the country , it may be hard to rent this unit out.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    What loss are you talking about? if using your above example;

Without Rental Income
    rental income = $0
    Cash outlay = -$6,500
    Full 30 yrs cash outlay = -$2,340,000

With Rental Income
    rental income = $5,500
    Cash outlay = -$1,000
    Full 30 yrs cash outlay = -$360,000

He/she actually gained $1.98M. Assumption is rental income remains constant throught out 30 yrs.. your argument don't really hold water.
    still need pay maybe 400 monthly management fee & property tax, and agent fee..... if the property price drop, the guy will lose a big amount $$$$$ plus every month lose a little bit $$... Only can pray hard and hopefully the unit sell out at 2 or 3 million oneday

Quote Originally Posted by firec
    4.4% rental yield ain't that bad.

But with many other prime condos renting at even more attractive rates and hordes of FT leaving the country , it may be hard to rent this unit out.
    Agree. The important factor in property investment is the positive cash flow, which is the key. If every month the rental cannot cover loan installment and many hiden cost like management fee, tax, agent fee, etc, then most likely the guy will be in big trouble oneday if the GOD doesn't answer the pray to make the market up for 30% in near future, which happen a lot in China now, many on fire, just work for bank

still need pay maybe 400 monthly management fee & property tax, and agent fee..... if the property price drop, the guy will lose a big amount $$$$$ plus every month lose a little bit $$... Only can pray hard and hopefully the unit sell out at 2 or 3 million oneday
    Pork Chop reasoning.

I'm basing on your original statement was that if an investor has a rental income stream of S$5.5K against maybe a loan of S$6.5K, then this investor is in deep sh!t. Total crap.

If any investor who invests in property and does not have the capacity to service the property loan, not withstanding management fee, property tax, agent fees and maybe allowances for unit repair & maintances.. then these are not investors, but rather, char kway teow speculators.

If you want positive cash flow in all your investments, then I can only recommend you one sure-win investment. take all your money, deposit in any of the banks fixed deposits.. sure have positive cash flow.

Agree. The important factor in property investment is the positive cash flow, which is the key. If every month the rental cannot cover loan installment and many hiden cost like management fee, tax, agent fee, etc, then most likely the guy will be in big trouble oneday if the GOD doesn't answer the pray to make the market up for 30% in near future, which happen a lot in China now, many on fire, just work for bank
    Do you know not many country have the leisure of able to buy a property which the rental is able to sustain monthly installment.

Don't know why this become a de factor in Singapore. No wonder PM need to be paid 3mils.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Do you know not many country have the leisure of able to buy a property which the rental is able to sustain monthly installment.

Don't know why this become a de factor in Singapore. No wonder PM need to be paid 3mils.
    That is so untrue. My properties in Bangkok, Shanghai, Perth are all self-financing. So what makes Singapore so special that the properties cannot self-finance?

HP65,
    How did you get the chinese properties?
    I thought the govt restricted purchase of residential properties to HK & PRC pple and anyone else who is working there??

Anyway, what is the more reputable agency to go to..
    I'm also quite interested in purchasing from shanghai and beijing..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    HP65,
    How did you get the chinese properties?
    I thought the govt restricted purchase of residential properties to HK & PRC pple and anyone else who is working there??

Anyway, what is the more reputable agency to go to..
    I'm also quite interested in purchasing from shanghai and beijing..
    I use the agency from HK. Knight Frank, the usual international Real estate agency and auction houses.

Btw, I'm not a Singaporean and the properties are bought through investment holding companies. They are afterall investment properties. More transparent to the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim

Self-finance is the key for true investors... otherwise why spend a lot $$ to buy a property and futher more keep on losing $$ every month?

Investors believe that you win at the point when you buy the property, not at the point when you sell it, which is called "value", while most people don't understand "value" and only understand "price", same apply in the stock market

Self-finance is the key for true investors... otherwise why spend a lot $$ to buy a property and futher more keep on losing $$ every month?

Investors believe that you win at the point when you buy the property, not at the point when you sell it, which is called "value", while most people don't understand "value" and only understand "price", same apply in the stock market
    Of course, it is the best case if you buy a property it will self sustain from there after the initial payment. My point is, it is not necessary to have that feature to be consider a good investment. It is a good investment if the return from this investment is more then inflation of dollar value.

Investor invest in an item if he think this item have a grow potential. Any investment have some level of risk associated.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    That is so untrue. My properties in Bangkok, Shanghai, Perth are all self-financing. So what makes Singapore so special that the properties cannot self-finance?
    Hi I am considering investing in a FH 3rm D15 property for long term capital appreciation. If the gross rental yield is around 3.5% but the expected monthly rental income is less than the monthly instalment, does that mean that it is not a good investment?

Correct me if i am wrong, so far most of the self-financing properties typically gives higher yield, ie more than 4% up to 6+% for some cases but they are mostly leasehold property, which a study by DTZ conclude that they typically worth less than their freehold counterparts over time.

Does that mean i have to compromise ie. lower yield non self financing thru rental income for higher capital appreciation OR higher yield self financing thru rental income for lower capital appreciation.

I have a min 3-5 yrs up to 10 yrs time horizon. Appreciate any sharing. Tks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Hi I am considering investing in a FH 3rm D15 property for long term capital appreciation. If the gross rental yield is around 3.5% but the expected monthly rental income is less than the monthly instalment, does that mean that it is not a good investment?

Correct me if i am wrong, so far most of the self-financing properties typically gives higher yield, ie more than 4% up to 6+% for some cases but they are mostly leasehold property, which a study by DTZ conclude that they typically worth less than their freehold counterparts over time.

Does that mean i have to compromise ie. lower yield non self financing thru rental income for higher capital appreciation OR higher yield self financing thru rental income for lower capital appreciation.

I have a min 3-5 yrs up to 10 yrs time horizon. Appreciate any sharing. Tks

I think generally depends on which project you are making comparison, price purchase and the rental basing on how much a month and when was the rental analysed.

In most cases, most investors who are looking at long term investment with capital appreciation and high rental yield will usually go for new launches instead of resale unless they are able to get in a really good deal. most people will never know when would it be the best deal till they missed it. I personally think if you have the instinct that this property has got the potential in the long run with good rental yield, you should just go ahead with your investment. Most investors prefers FH projects as they do not have to worry about the depreciation due to fading years from the tenure. and that usually make the FH project commands a higher price than the leashold 99 years standing on the same plot.

I have personally come across quite a number of projects which will potentially gives you not just 4-5% but may be anything above 6-7% or even more. you just have to think in business point of view rather than putting too much emotional thoughts into it or being influenced by too much things happening or going around you.

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    I think generally depends on which project you are making comparison, price purchase and the rental basing on how much a month and when was the rental analysed.

In most cases, most investors who are looking at long term investment with capital appreciation and high rental yield will usually go for new launches instead of resale unless they are able to get in a really good deal. most people will never know when would it be the best deal till they missed it. I personally think if you have the instinct that this property has got the potential in the long run with good rental yield, you should just go ahead with your investment. Most investors prefers FH projects as they do not have to worry about the depreciation due to fading years from the tenure. and that usually make the FH project commands a higher price than the leashold 99 years standing on the same plot.

I have personally come across quite a number of projects which will potentially gives you not just 4-5% but may be anything above 6-7% or even more. you just have to think in business point of view rather than putting too much emotional thoughts into it or being influenced by too much things happening or going around you.

Pet
    The market is cooling down and people know the real things since nobody post here for 1 week, good good

The market is cooling down and people know the real things since nobody post here for 1 week, good good
    This TSV thingy thread really went quiet liao... no more postings, updates and debute about TSV prices ??? will there be any surprises...

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    This TSV thingy thread really went quiet liao... no more postings, updates and debute about TSV prices ??? will there be any surprises...
    The hottest projects like TSV, TE & OA, all cool down Don't know how is the silver sea now

Singaporeans don't have much ideas about 4 seasons, usually start with a warm spring, then hot summer, then cool fall, then cold winter, then repeat again and again.... now is just cool, so the cold winter still not arrive yet

It is the law of nature, nobody can change it....

The hottest projects like TSV, TE & OA, all cool down Don't know how is the silver sea now

Singaporeans don't have much ideas about 4 seasons, usually start with a warm spring, then hot summer, then cool fall, then cold winter, then repeat again and again.... now is just cool, so the cold winter still not arrive yet

It is the law of nature, nobody can change it....
    I think alot are carefully watching OA, TE and TSV prices, OA and TE had came down in this cool fall, how will TSV react to the market, eg:-

Warm Spring = abt 1200 psf
    Hot Summer = abt 1400 psf
    Cool Fall = abt 1000 psf
    Cold Winter = abt 800 to 900 psf
    Cold Spell = abt 700 to 800 psf, or below

Anybody's guess and any comments...

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    I think alot are carefully watching OA, TE and TSV prices, OA and TE had came down in this cool fall, how will TSV react to the market, eg:-

Warm Spring = abt 1200 psf
    Hot Summer = abt 1400 psf
    Cool Fall = abt 1000 psf
    Cold Winter = abt 800 to 900 psf
    Cold Spell = abt 700 to 800 psf, or below

Anybody's guess and any comments...
    All depends on the rental market. I was told that some 3-bedders cond already dropped below 3K. if the rental is only 2-2.5K, owner need to pay $300 maintenance fee mthly, plus property tax, the holding power will drop dramatically. then it's time for hunting.
    Ppl usually do hunting in winter time, right or not??

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    All depends on the rental market. I was told that some 3-bedders cond already dropped below 3K. if the rental is only 2-2.5K, owner need to pay $300 maintenance fee mthly, plus property tax, the holding power will drop dramatically. then it's time for hunting.
    Ppl usually do hunting in winter time, right or not??
    no they hunt during autumn to store for winter

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    no they hunt during autumn to store for winter
    Farmers usually work hard in spring and harvest in summer & fall, relax and add up some weight in winter, prepare for the next warm spring, I am from farm family.... Seems the best time to buy house is also spring, when everything becomes warm and promising, no much worry about cut pay or even lose job....

When will be the next warm spring?? 2007 is surelly the hottest summer, later 2008 like cool fall and 2009 like cold winter, so maybe the warm spring will return in 2010...

Default 900psf !!!

Just saw in URA this transaction :

THE SEA VIEW AMBER ROAD Condominium 1 1,366,200 1,518 900 Apr-09

Anyone knows which unit is that? Any other good buys in SV?