Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    the clubhouse was a nice conservation bungalow.

have u seen it ?
    got a few mahjong rooms inside...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    got a few mahjong rooms inside...
    i also noticed the people who stay there also exotic ppl...

different timing for both launches....seaview earlier.....so cant really compare

and let say u r looking to buy now....between esta at 1300psf vs seaview at 15xxpsf...which one better?
    Timing different I think is only 3-5 months. If $1300 is a lousy facing.
    I would rather go for $15xx for a best location & facing for INVESTMENT.

If U buy $1300 psf for lousy facing, you will sell at lousy price. If you
    buy $15xx for the best facing, you are likely to sell at a premium later. This is for INVESTMENT.

If U buy for own stay, maybe I will go for $1300 psf rather than $15xx psf.
    FOR OWN STAY ONLY.

There is a unit @ THE SEAVIEW lower floor near main entrance selling @$1350 psf. I will not buy for INVESTMENT unless it is a fire sale price
    which I think it may not happen. It is currently Renting out @$4500 for 1518 sqft.

Rental yield so low at seaview. Not good investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584

buy $15xx for the best facing, you are likely to sell at a premium later. This is for INVESTMENT.

FOR OWN STAY ONLY.

There is a unit @ THE SEAVIEW lower floor near main entrance selling @$1350 psf. I will not buy for INVESTMENT unless it is a fire sale price
    which I think it may not happen. It is currently Renting out @$4500 for 1518 sqft.

which I think it may not happen. It is currently Renting out @$4500 for 1518 sqft.[/QUOTE]

Wah so bad? I know of a unit in Esta above 10th floor, facing katong area 1313sf renting out for 5k plus pm. Maybe the Seaview unit is a rarity to rent so low?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is a good location but lousy facing. At least can rent out. If it is a lousy
    location & facing. Totally cannot rent out at all.

If U buy for INVESTMENT, make sure it is a good location & facing. BEST LOCATION & FACING fetch premium price & premiun rent also.

FYI, many expatriate like THE SEAVIEW LOCATION. It is only because of
    the construction activities at THE SHORE. Most expatriate now prefer THE ESTA , ONE AMBER & Amber residences.

As I said, in the next 5-10 yrs when the MRT is ready. THE SEAVIEW may go up $1800 to $2000 for premium block. So if there is a undervalue THE SEAVIEW pool view unit, better grab. Let see what will happen in 2012/2013. May have the opportunities.

different timing for both launches....seaview earlier.....so cant really compare

and let say u r looking to buy now....between esta at 1300psf vs seaview at 15xxpsf...which one better?
    The Seaview. Its in a class of its own I reckon.

Good units at The Seaview is alr done at $1700. The PH at stack 14 is now asking for $1800...perhaps waiting for a PRC buyer.

Around 2005-6, Seaview, Esta and One Amber were all available from the developers. And One Amber was the last one to sell out, whereas Esta was the first due to its attractive deferred payment scheme.

Comparing the 3 projects, Seaview is a much better place to stay especially if u enjoy resort style of living and swimming, and stroll in the estate at night. Promixty to the PP and MP central make it very convenient as well

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    Wah so bad? I know of a unit in Esta above 10th floor, facing katong area 1313sf renting out for 5k plus pm. Maybe the Seaview unit is a rarity to rent so low?[/quote]

The 5k rental market is going to be VERY COMPETITIVE in the next 2 yrs...

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    Wah so bad? I know of a unit in Esta above 10th floor, facing katong area 1313sf renting out for 5k plus pm. Maybe the Seaview unit is a rarity to rent so low?
    The 5k rental market is going to be VERY COMPETITIVE in the next 2 yrs...[/QUOTE]

Tenants competing or landlords competing?

definitely landlords competing...

just search in property guru a rental budget of 5k, you can get almost everywhere in Singapore....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    definitely landlords competing...

just search in property guru a rental budget of 5k, you can get almost everywhere in Singapore....
    yes, if cannot rent out for two, three months, the rental yield may become negative lor

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    yes, if cannot rent out for two, three months, the rental yield may become negative lor
    i think some singaporean landlords damn greedy ...

my nephew was looking to rent Nassim residences ....most asking 17-18k ..

but he was prepared to pay 20k for the unit away from the construction ..and sign a 3 yr lease ...

but he wants a diplomatic clause starting from the end of first yr ..

straight away landlord jack up the price to 29k

i told him to look for GCB instead ...

5-10years to make $300-400psf is not very exciting to investor. Anyway, mrt stn would have already priced in. Not sure the upside.
    It is a good location but lousy facing. At least can rent out. If it is a lousy
    location & facing. Totally cannot rent out at all.

If U buy for INVESTMENT, make sure it is a good location & facing. BEST LOCATION & FACING fetch premium price & premiun rent also.

FYI, many expatriate like THE SEAVIEW LOCATION. It is only because of
    the construction activities at THE SHORE. Most expatriate now prefer THE ESTA , ONE AMBER & Amber residences.

As I said, in the next 5-10 yrs when the MRT is ready. THE SEAVIEW may go up $1800 to $2000 for premium block. So if there is a undervalue THE SEAVIEW pool view unit, better grab. Let see what will happen in 2012/2013. May have the opportunities.

Huh? 2.05 million with 4.5k rental? It doesn't make any investment sense to me.

At this price, I rather buy MBR studio. 1.8 to 1.9 million with 5k rental. Or even better, buy 2 studio at CBD Tg Pagar. Clift or Icon. 2.2 to 2.3 million should be able to get 2 units. Rent out around 8k a month.

FOR OWN STAY ONLY.

or can buy River Place near Robertson Quay for 1.5m and rent out > 6k
    saw a few units... location is good with potential future enbloc since its the only condo on that section of the river.

This condo belt is way overpriced and now competiting for rental. So many small developments with MM units. Worried for them.

This condo belt is way overpriced and now competiting for rental. So many small developments with MM units. Worried for them.

historically ...east coast rental has never been fantastic ...

there are too many condos / landed there ....
    + more and more MM in the past 2 yrs ... rental will be tough to go up ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

If so, then why are so many people investing and renting out? I believe east coast/amber is no different from elsewhere. Condos are everywhere in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

Big units everywhr else mostly also poor rental yield....
    Can name which area/district whereby their big units got gd rental yield of at least 4% n aso freehold?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Huh? 2.05 million with 4.5k rental? It doesn't make any investment sense to me.

At this price, I rather buy MBR studio. 1.8 to 1.9 million with 5k rental. Or even better, buy 2 studio at CBD Tg Pagar. Clift or Icon. 2.2 to 2.3 million should be able to get 2 units. Rent out around 8k a month.
    Actually not a fair comparison if u ask me....smaller umits always better yield..And u r comparing fh vs lh

Mabe u shd use similar sized units elsewhr n aso freehold status to compare....

Tats y u guys must noe which projects n sizes to buy for gd rental yield n which r the ones to buy for gd capital appreciation
    Last edited by devilplate; 24-06-11 at 19:55.

Actually when comes to resale n subsale prices, market is usually 90% correct....so i wun say its overpriced

Overpricing usually happens in new launches

Investment is not based on rental yield but its potential for capital appreciation. I think with the expensive units in Silversea, Shore, etc, people are forgetting that within that sector of space, Sea View IS FREEHOLD! A freehold property of that kind of estate size in a good location is very hard to come by already. Even the studios there are not MMs. They are good size with no bomb shelter, planter or balcony, and are actually very limited within the estate. From the outside, this property looks very normal, but when you drive into the estate and park your car and take a walk around, this is actually much more luxurious than Esta, One Amber or others around the area. Lobbies are lovely, clubhouse is interesting and huge, and there are so many pools. No comparison with those small pint-sized properties further from this area.

LH can cost more in terms of $psf than FH even though they are in the same vicinity. Completion of silversea will block some of the Seaview blocks. Rental in such a large development can be very competitive. Desperate owner can drop rental rate when times are bad. This will affect the other rental units in the same development. In another scenario, price will not move if most of the owners are staying there. Price moves only when there are lots of transactions in the development.
    Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Investment is not based on rental yield but its potential for capital appreciation. I think with the expensive units in Silversea, Shore, etc, people are forgetting that within that sector of space, Sea View IS FREEHOLD! A freehold property of that kind of estate size in a good location is very hard to come by already. Even the studios there are not MMs. They are good size with no bomb shelter, planter or balcony, and are actually very limited within the estate. From the outside, this property looks very normal, but when you drive into the estate and park your car and take a walk around, this is actually much more luxurious than Esta, One Amber or others around the area. Lobbies are lovely, clubhouse is interesting and huge, and there are so many pools. No comparison with those small pint-sized properties further from this area.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    rental yield is important too for cash flow. agreed that SV has better capital potential as it is FH. Will buy that over overpriced silversea anytime.

The good it is that the lost of sea view is already priced into the units.

I will be surprised if you tell me there is > 5% capital gain for a 2 million 3 bedder.

Actually not a fair comparison if u ask me....smaller umits always better yield..And u r comparing fh vs lh

Mabe u shd use similar sized units elsewhr n aso freehold status to compare....

Tats y u guys must noe which projects n sizes to buy for gd rental yield n which r the ones to buy for gd capital appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I will be surprised if you tell me there is > 5% capital gain for a 2 million 3 bedder.
    I nvr say its a gd buy for cap gain hor...

I jus say ur examples r not fair

5-10years to make $300-400psf is not very exciting to investor. Anyway, mrt stn would have already priced in. Not sure the upside.

Let say you bought THE SEAVIEW unit in 2006 (est $1,100,000) & your loan amt left 500k. Std chartered valued THE SEAVIEW est $2,100,000.

Take a mortageONE loan from std chart. You may able to drawdown another 800k from them at 3 yrs fixed rate let say ave 1.6% (floating = can take 3 sibor + 0.65 also). Fixed rate give U a peace of mind.

Use this 800k to invest in SG BOND like DBS , OCBC prefer bond , capland, capitaland asia , capitalmall etc which may give you right now 3-4%/yr. Make sure it is a SG bond where it have survived the 2008/09 finanical crisis. Shorter tenure of 3-4 yrs is preferred. DO NOT USE your 800k TO INVEST INTO STOCK. Too risky.

Let say your SG bond earn you 3.6% ave. Your MORTAGE one fixed int is 1.6%. You are earning extra 2% (3.6 - 1.6). Let say your rental yield is 4% (base on your purchased price $1,100,000) . Total investment return is est 2% + 4% = 6%.

Last yr, the SG bond is 4-5%. his yr 2011, it is around 3-4%. Seek your banker advise b4 1st to check whether this is suitable for your investment risk appetite.

Thanks for your advice. Like to leverage on the bank's money but not overleveraging it. Can sleep better at night. What if property prices in Singapore correct by 20-30%?
    Let say you bought THE SEAVIEW unit in 2006 (est $1,100,000) & your loan amt left 500k. Std chartered valued THE SEAVIEW est $2,100,000.

Take a mortageONE loan from std chart. You may able to drawdown another 800k from them at 3 yrs fixed rate let say ave 1.6% (floating = can take 3 sibor + 0.65 also). Fixed rate give U a peace of mind.

Use this 800k to invest in SG BOND like DBS , OCBC prefer bond , capland, capitaland asia , capitalmall etc which may give you right now 3-4%/yr. Make sure it is a SG bond where it have survived the 2008/09 finanical crisis. Shorter tenure of 3-4 yrs is preferred. DO NOT USE your 800k TO INVEST INTO STOCK. Too risky.

Let say your SG bond earn you 3.6% ave. Your MORTAGE one fixed int is 1.6%. You are earning extra 2% (3.6 - 1.6). Let say your rental yield is 4% (base on your purchased price $1,100,000) . Total investment return is est 2% + 4% = 6%.

Last yr, the SG bond is 4-5%. his yr 2011, it is around 3-4%. Seek your banker advise b4 1st to check whether this is suitable for your investment risk appetite.

another reason in favour of Sea View. Plot ratio 2.1. Plot ratio for 1 amber, esta, silversea 2.8?

Why? don't know? Potential for increase, Maybe, more likely than the rest....

you get lots more space for now....