Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813182328 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Yup I think so. Was also there to take a closer look. Price may drop when no view left. Remember few years ago when Costa Del Sol was built, The Bayshore prices drop like anything. I'm afraid this will be the same.
    You don't have to be afraid. Bayshore is Bayshore. The Seaview is The Seaview. Is Bayshore near to Parkway or The Seaview? The Seaview is freehold, whereas Silversea is 99 years. Will Silversea selling $800psf? NO.

Understand that Silversea is going somewhere $1500 (from what I heard). Actually, Silversea will push and pull The Seaview and others condos nearby to a higher price. That is why many are waiting and looking for Silversea to start their launch.

Why Mr. Mah refuses to reinstate DFS? Cos this smart guy knows that the price of Singapore properties are going to go up even higher in due time. This pause is 'so happened' of US sub-prime rate. And the issue is going to die down soon. When that happens, with so many projects and most important 2 IR coming.....NO HORSE run. Don't forget, he see the whole view of Singapore developments. He knows even better than the other developers.

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

You don't have to be afraid. Bayshore is Bayshore. The Seaview is The Seaview. Is Bayshore near to Parkway or The Seaview? The Seaview is freehold, whereas Silversea is 99 years. Will Silversea selling $800psf? NO.

Understand that Silversea is going somewhere $1500 (from what I heard). Actually, Silversea will push and pull The Seaview and others condos nearby to a higher price. That is why many are waiting and looking for Silversea to start their launch.

Why Mr. Mah refuses to reinstate DFS? Cos this smart guy knows that the price of Singapore properties are going to go up even higher in due time. This pause is 'so happened' of US sub-prime rate. And the issue is going to die down soon. When that happens, with so many projects and most important 2 IR coming.....NO HORSE run. Don't forget, he see the whole view of Singapore developments. He knows even better than the other developers.
    Really, lets see. Let there be Horse to run at all. Anyway if price goes down will buy another unit to rent out, if prices goes up then sell my unit. Win-Win situation.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

too high and you price yourself out of the market ...

Unregistered Guest

Yup I think so. Was also there to take a closer look. Price may drop when no view left. Remember few years ago when Costa Del Sol was built, The Bayshore prices drop like anything. I'm afraid this will be the same.
    Well i suppose not everyone who buys the SeaView project have the
    "view of the sea" in mind..... as only a handful of units face south and
    majority face inside the condo (pool view and facing greenery ).

Those units on high floor above 15th in blks 29,31,33 will still get pockets
    of the sea views.

Buyers looking for a unit in The SeaView will go for other factors :

1. Land size

2. Distance between blocks

( go on site at Amber rd and see project like Esta and Cote - blocks are packed so close together - yet ppl go for it and pay sky high prices for Cote - at one time units at Cote were going for such low prices and yet nobody wanted - as quality and room sizes ridiculous)

3. Freehold status

4. Quality and reputable luxury developer - Wheelock

Unregistered Guest

Well i suppose not everyone who buys the SeaView project have the
    "view of the sea" in mind..... as only a handful of units face south and
    majority face inside the condo (pool view and facing greenery ).

Those units on high floor above 15th in blks 29,31,33 will still get pockets
    of the sea views.

Buyers looking for a unit in The SeaView will go for other factors :

1. Land size

2. Distance between blocks

( go on site at Amber rd and see project like Esta and Cote - blocks are packed so close together - yet ppl go for it and pay sky high prices for Cote - at one time units at Cote were going for such low prices and yet nobody wanted - as quality and room sizes ridiculous)

3. Freehold status

4. Quality and reputable luxury developer - Wheelock
    ok, agreed, my views are the same. How much you willing to sell ?

Unregistered Guest

ok, agreed, my views are the same. How much you willing to sell ?
    not keen to sell as i look around the amber rd area n there is none as comparable to this project so i suppose its best to hold on whether for
    own stay or as an investment

if this project was to launch now developer would definitely price it at
    minimum 1500psf on average

on marine parade road Tiong Aik is launching on the former enbloc site
    of sea breeze apts - its FH and developer waiting for better days to launch
    on avg 1500 upwards

across The Sea View - Voda Land launched Amber Resd at 1400-1800psf
    last year.....

Unregistered Guest

TOP expected end this week or next week... owners will be testing market on rental expected by 4 to 4.5 psf rental mark. Some info of lower floors asking for about $1000 psf to let go, not sure about view and facing, should be 7th floor or below. Anybody got more info ?

Unregistered Guest

Units facing the Rose Garden, owners avg cost is 650 to 700 max

So if you want to buy now u can press down price to 800 or 850psf
    as some owners may not want to take up the loan upon TOP and just
    dump these units.

after all the facing is not good and later on when Rose Graden is torn down
    for another condo, it will be messy and noisy. Perhaps price may be pressed lower....

Of course this DOES NOT apply to units on the higher floor facing pool and
    sea ( south facing ).

Unregistered Guest

Units facing the Rose Garden, owners avg cost is 650 to 700 max

So if you want to buy now u can press down price to 800 or 850psf
    as some owners may not want to take up the loan upon TOP and just
    dump these units.

after all the facing is not good and later on when Rose Graden is torn down
    for another condo, it will be messy and noisy. Perhaps price may be pressed lower....

Of course this DOES NOT apply to units on the higher floor facing pool and
    sea ( south facing ).
    Any sellers out there, or agents representing sellers ? pls contact interested potential buyers here.

Unregistered Guest

[QUOTE=Unregistered]Any sellers out there, or agents representing sellers ? pls contact interested potential buyers here.[/QUOTE

..You pick a good time to go in.

Unregistered Guest

[QUOTE=Unregistered]
    Any sellers out there, or agents representing sellers ? pls contact interested potential buyers here.[/QUOTE

..You pick a good time to go in.
    Ya have to, alot of my bro are waiting for info they ask to check things out, so I'm here (and also some other forum) to check out lor... so got agents/sellers contact us but still feel not right price.

Unregistered Guest

[QUOTE=Unregistered]

Ya have to, alot of my bro are waiting for info they ask to check things out, so I'm here (and also some other forum) to check out lor... so got agents/sellers contact us but still feel not right price.
    so what price is right for you - 700psf 800psf 900psf 1k psf 1.1k psf

even if market drop to 600 also u will be so scared to buy .....

[quote=Unregistered]

so what price is right for you - 700psf 800psf 900psf 1k psf 1.1k psf

even if market drop to 600 also u will be so scared to buy .....
    Hi there, I'm seriously considering. If anyone selling SeaView unit let me know.

Darius Guest

I am interested in the 1200 sf , 3 bedroon units. Which stack has the best facing with no afternoon sum? I do not mind lower floors. Can one see the actual unit already?

dont think got actual unit yet

Top Guest

Three blocks out of six TOP last week ; check classifieds - some owners selling so can view actual unit.

Wah.. if got units between 600-700 psf...
    who wont want?
    even 2nd floor, 1200sf i grab liao.

pm if got lobang leh!(cross fingers in hope)
    (:

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lbb
    Wah.. if got units between 600-700 psf...
    who wont want?
    even 2nd floor, 1200sf i grab liao.

pm if got lobang leh!(cross fingers in hope)
    (:

WAIT for Yangon typhoon to strike - then u get that price.....

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    WAIT for Yangon typhoon to strike - then u get that price.....
    Haha, dude... I might need a Tsunami along with that also.
    Sheesh, Amber area is really hot on Meyer's heels from the look of it.

Any idea when Rose Garden is to be developed?
    Far East acquired it right?

DreamHome Guest

Does anyone know what is Far East's plan for Rose Garden site? Is it going to be a massive condominium project again?

URA Guest

Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged

Project Name . Price ............. Floor Area . Price ........ Date Of Option
    Aalto ................ $16,275,000 . 5,608sqft ... $2,902psf . Mar 08
    Aalto ................ $4,577,000 ... 1,959sqft ... $2,336psf . Feb 08
    Aalto ................ $3,142,300 ... 1,442sqft ... $2,179psf . Dec 07
    Aalto ................ $3,659,800 ... 2,024sqft ... $1,809psf . Dec 07
    Aalto ................ $4,270,300 ... 2,024sqft ... $2,110psf . Dec 07
    Aalto ................ $6,269,100 ... 2,443sqft ... $2,565psf . Dec 07

URA Guest

Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged

Project Name . Price ............. Floor Area . Price PSF..... Date Of Option

AMBER RESIDENCES 3,688,000 2,217 1,663 Jan-08
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,548,000 1,798 1,417 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 1,886,181 1,163 1,623 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 1,708,447 1,163 1,470 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 1,634,492 1,163 1,406 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 3,980,000 2,217 1,795 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,731,271 1,518 1,800 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,524,677 1,798 1,404 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,058,034 1,518 1,356 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,502,242 1,798 1,392 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 4,498,684 2,217 2,029 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,161,239 1,518 1,424 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,246,640 1,518 1,480 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,245,187 1,798 1,249 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,661,040 1,798 1,480 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 1,723,101 1,249 1,380 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 3,365,989 2,217 1,518 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,153,650 1,518 1,419 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 1,960,000 1,163 1,686 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 2,566,956 1,798 1,428 Dec-07
    AMBER RESIDENCES 1,497,315 1,163 1,288 Dec-07

Unregistered2 Guest

very misleading ... the developer may still hold the price but the demand is not there ... Amber Residences only had 1 unit sold since January and AALTO had two. So when u have not much demand but ample supply, it implies a slowdown which might lead to lowering of prices ... a worrying trend.

gbpdem Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

totally spot on !

URA Guest

Please la...is not no demand..is almost sold out !!!

Amber Residences only have less than 5 units for sales.

AALTO is 70% sold. Only left the lower floor units..

Any units in SeaView selling?
    Looking for a 3 bedroom unit... let us know...

Unregistered123 Guest

We told clients and investors to sell all Singapore holdings (property, stocks and everything else) in June 2007. We determined that prices would never, ever be higher and were predicting a 15% drop in pricing by March 2008 and 25% drop by June 2008.

Rationale was simple and not rocket science.

#1. There was no demand for housing when the boom started.
    The vacancy rates on existing housing were above New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and other major urban market levels. A Singapore property boom made no sense at all.

#2. Singapore GDP...nice impressive numbers. But the growth was 99% construction related. There is no economic growth when the construction boom ends and those numbers are subtracted from the total.

#3. The existing luxury housing vacancy levels in Singapore were adequate to fill the needs of Singaporeans and any possible influx of new senior executives for the next 5 years. Thus, there was no demand for executive luxury housing in the market.

#4. Value for money on Singapore property for foreign investors is not good when compared to other projected growth economies. (Several factors are weighed including psf, quality of workmanship, size of economy, projected growth of economy, lifestyle and culture of the market.)

#4. The targeted future population numbers of Singapore are pie in the sky and completely without substance. Singaporeans are not having kids and the demand for jobs in Singapore will be service led lower paying jobs to supply the planned tourism developments. None of these new inhabitants will be buying or renting condo's, especially in the high-end. And tourists visit, they don't buy or rent.

#5. Singapore is not a supply/demand driven economy. It is a small, managed economy. Thus, the property development plans were lofty, risky, and not based on future real supply/demand realities.

#6. There is a lack of real, transparent, objective information available in the Singapore market about the Singapore market. This leads to investors’ belief in hype and speculation rather than economic principles.

#7. Global money supplies and markets are taking a beating and will continue to take a beating. The second call on the sub prime products happens this June so more big losses are expected. This will stall or even damage the Singapore economy.

We expect distress sales in the property market to start soon. The high-end rental market is non-existent and the higher % of all unit sales were high-end investment property, speculator driven.
    These buyers need "wealthy" renters to subsidize the million dollar mortgages. Most locals cannot afford the rents the market is demanding.
    Surveys of multinational companies and banks have indicated that there is no boat-load of expats with a big housing allowance arriving at the Singapore port anytime soon. The new owner is now stuck with 100% of a very expensive monthly mortgage.

Here is an example of one major high-end development I'm following to prove the point. These are some very telling numbers.
    600+ units launched
    20+ remaining at $2,000 per square foot via the developer.
    100+ units previously sold are now for sale privately less than 7 months after launch for $1,300 to $1,600 per square foot.
    The reason...no rental income.
    That tells me that property owners are willing to admit that market prices are down 25%+ already. Unfortunately, even at a 25% discount, there are no buyers.

Existing Singapore residents are keeping the rental market buoyant due to the fact they sold their old places and are waiting for the prices to drop...OR...waiting for their new unit to be completed. These people are relatively small in overall numbers and definitely not going to rent high end luxury units. They are driving HDB, middle priced housing rents up right now. They are also demanding 12 month leases or even less if they can get it proving that they are waiting to move or sitting on the sidelines waiting for prices to drop.

The Singapore property market is massively oversupplied today and more units are on the way. This is not good. This is should be extremely troublesome to anyone who owns property anywhere in that market. The potential valuation losses in the property market could be enormous, especially at the high-end. Overall prices could sink well below SARS levels and this could happen within 6 months to a year.

The short lived property boom was very much like a pyramid scheme.
    It was all hype and no substance.
    The first guys in are now smoking big cigars.
    The last guys in are now left holding the ashtray.

[quote=Unregistered123]We told clients and investors to sell all Singapore holdings (property, stocks and everything else) in June 2007. We determined that prices would never, ever be higher and were predicting a 15% drop in pricing by March 2008 and 25% drop by June 2008.
    Interesting article, I wonder which company is behind this, maybe credit suisse,anyway its all nice and easy to say this now when the property market is in a period of consolidation,the 15% drop has not been realised yet, URA data showed prices were up on the whole for the first quarter and as for furher 25% drop by next month, I am in the market and I know prices are no where close to that, because there are buyers out there that would have grabbed it otherwise, lots of buyers around testing the market, so far very few are succesful as sellers are holding esp if the unit is a good one,

Property and stocks are two different investments altogether, within a condo or housing dev. there are so many types of units and it suits people differently, unlike stocks that are uniform,For example in Seaview Condo, you could get a low, mid or high floor unit and can be further divided into those that get morning or afternoon sun and further divided into what views it has, then there is the layout etc etc.

My point is that these statistics work well for stocks and similar investments, not for real estate,

Just because a unit in the development is sold for 600 psf does not mean the whole condo will be priced as such, that unit could be on a low floor and facing a busy road with afternoon sun, so does that mean your unit which is on the high floor with unblocked sea view and no afternoon sun has depreciated, I beg to differ, prices of real estate in Singapore is reflective of the quality and surrounding environment, and that is what we are paying for,

With construction prices heading up new developments will only cost more making existing ones more affordable and room to appreciate further...

My humble two cents...

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    We told clients and investors to sell all Singapore holdings (property, stocks and everything else) in June 2007. We determined that prices would never, ever be higher and were predicting a 15% drop in pricing by March 2008 and 25% drop by June 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by condoinvestor
    Interesting article, I wonder which company is behind this, maybe credit suisse,anyway its all nice and easy to say this now when the property market is in a period of consolidation,the 15% drop has not been realised yet, URA data showed prices were up on the whole for the first quarter and as for furher 25% drop by next month, I am in the market and I know prices are no where close to that, because there are buyers out there that would have grabbed it otherwise, lots of buyers around testing the market, so far very few are succesful as sellers are holding esp if the unit is a good one,

Property and stocks are two different investments altogether, within a condo or housing dev. there are so many types of units and it suits people differently, unlike stocks that are uniform,For example in Seaview Condo, you could get a low, mid or high floor unit and can be further divided into those that get morning or afternoon sun and further divided into what views it has, then there is the layout etc etc.

My point is that these statistics work well for stocks and similar investments, not for real estate,

Just because a unit in the development is sold for 600 psf does not mean the whole condo will be priced as such, that unit could be on a low floor and facing a busy road with afternoon sun, so does that mean your unit which is on the high floor with unblocked sea view and no afternoon sun has depreciated, I beg to differ, prices of real estate in Singapore is reflective of the quality and surrounding environment, and that is what we are paying for,

With construction prices heading up new developments will only cost more making existing ones more affordable and room to appreciate further...

My humble two cents...
    All the above predictions did not materialised at all.
    The report/analysis is a complete failure.

I wonder why Unregistered123 post a faulty report here?

Unregister Guest

old news this report has been making rounds in other property forums - more of a scare tactic.......