Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 27121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Digress a bit. What is the status of enbloc at laguna park?

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    another reason in favour of Sea View. Plot ratio 2.1. Plot ratio for 1 amber, esta, silversea 2.8?

Why? don't know? Potential for increase, Maybe, more likely than the rest....

you get lots more space for now....
    The reason is because SeaView are Hotel Plot in the pass. You may get for 2.8 if developer willing to pay the $$$. DC is up up up in this area. There is no free lunch form Gov to give free upgrade plot ration form 2.1 to 2.8 !!!

If u buy from the developer, and taking 80% loan, at today market, u are making 5-6 times cash on cash return.

The cheapest unit in The Seaview was only $640 psf, then it is at around $1250. This is one of the worst unit.

If u get a better unit at $800 psf from developer, then the market price is $1700 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Digress a bit. What is the status of enbloc at laguna park?
    Tender closes on 5/7/2011...2nd Tuesday from today.

I have no personal interests but unlikely to go through especially with Mr Khaw ever ready to cool down the property sentiments with his bloggings every now and then.

My 2 worth..

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Tender closes on 5/7/2011...2nd Tuesday from today.

I have no personal interests but unlikely to go through especially with Mr Khaw ever ready to cool down the property sentiments with his bloggings every now and then.

My 2 worth..
    our dear KBW so addicted to blogging liao....

like me over here

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

like me over here
    Maybe he is already here
    Look out for those fellows who registered around Apr-May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    Maybe he is already here
    Look out for those fellows who registered around Apr-May 2011

hhmmmm

you mean like yourself ?

like me over here
    Ya, I think he talks too much.
    Market at times cannot be meaningfuly predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Ya, I think he talks too much.
    Market at times cannot be meaningfuly predicted.
    he's smart.

you complain price too high.... I flood market.... warn u about oversupply.... if crash.... I told you so.

warn u not to buy at high prices.... if crash... I also told you so.

warn u not to buy MMs.... if cannot rent.... I still told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    he's smart.

you complain price too high.... I flood market.... warn u about oversupply.... if crash.... I told you so.

warn u not to buy at high prices.... if crash... I also told you so.

warn u not to buy MMs.... if cannot rent.... I still told you so.

Wat if ppty px keep going up for nxt few yrs....those who miss the boat how?

At the current rate of new project launch and land sales, if they still miss the boat, good luck to them.

not sustainable lah....
    if average private property goes to 1.5m - 2m, average earner have to earn 200k pa to be comfortable....
    if u have kids, even worse right? each kid cost a mil to raise to university

He is also right, becos it is only his personal view and not official view,

Got escape clause, that "worries" last paragraph.

"A market correction or any crash is not a given. If all goes well, the economy will continue to grow and those who bought properties here will enjoy good returns when their units are completed in the next few years. "

Market go North or South he is covered Left & Right.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    not sustainable lah....
    if average private property goes to 1.5m - 2m, average earner have to earn 200k pa to be comfortable....
    if u have kids, even worse right? each kid cost a mil to raise to university
    $1.5-2 million is still dirt cheap to affluent foreigners who are making their way by the thousands to Singapore.
    Latest news, Russian billionaire, Rinat Akhmeto, a Ukrainian muslim, bought the most expensive house in the world, a penthouse at Skye Hyde Park London for $256 million, and he doesnt even blink an eye...so what is $1.5-2 million ??

Singapore property prices especially luxury ones are far from saturation. I receive continuous enquiries from foreigners on luxurious properties here...unlikely demand will stop.

Lots of Singaporeans have more than $1 million assets. So buying a $1.5 million property is not a problem for the mid to the older age groups. Probably the younger generation will feel the pinch. Its the norm in any advanced society where home prices are expensive and out of reach of the younger adults. Well, there is always government housing option for them - HDB, BTO etc

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    $1.5-2 million is still dirt cheap to affluent foreigners who are making their way by the thousands to Singapore.
    Latest news, Russian billionaire, Rinat Akhmeto, a Ukrainian muslim, bought the most expensive house in the world, a penthouse at Skye Hyde Park London for $256 million, and he doesnt even blink an eye...so what is $1.5-2 million ??

Singapore property prices especially luxury ones are far from saturation. I receive continuous enquiries from foreigners on luxurious properties here...unlikely demand will stop.

Lots of Singaporeans have more than $1 million assets. So buying a $1.5 million property is not a problem for the mid to the older age groups. Probably the younger generation will feel the pinch. Its the norm in any advanced society where home prices are expensive and out of reach of the younger adults. Well, there is always government housing option for them - HDB, BTO etc
    $256m?? what's the land and built in on that?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    $256m?? what's the land and built in on that?
    Sorry typo its $226 million in US$, and its a condo development. U can do yr search online under the name Rinat Akhmetov and Skye Hyde Park

Anyone interested in selling their unit at The Seaview (1216 sqft)? I've got friends who are interested in buying a unit there of that size.

Seaview is suing the developer for defects in today's ST. Heard about it 3 years ago just after it was TOP. There are relative good architects from RSP and engineers, Squire Mech in this project. They also have problem with the water pump in the plant room of each block. Have to use water hose to deliver water to the swimming pool. It is really sad when people pay so much for subsale units.

Seaview is suing the developer for defects in today's ST. Heard about it 3 years ago just after it was TOP. There are relative good architects from RSP and engineers, Squire Mech in this project. They also have problem with the water pump in the plant room of each block. Have to use water hose to deliver water to the swimming pool. It is really sad when people pay so much for subsale units.

PH units are worst off - having leakage issues of water seepage and leaks in ceilings - apparently water proofing on the rooftop of building not done properly.

Hats off to the MC for taking a quick and decisive action in their first year in office !

It must be brewing for a long time since TOP. Developers must be playing t taichi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    PH units are worst off - having leakage issues of water seepage and leaks in ceilings - apparently water proofing on the rooftop of building not done properly.

Hats off to the MC for taking a quick and decisive action in their first year in office !

The reasons given by the main con were the most ridiculous:

1. Poor maintenance.
    2. They use reasonably competent subcontractors.

All industry players know that waterproofing supposed to last for 10 years. They have to give warranty for that. This condo is only 3 years old. They should not be allowed to get away with this.

Buy feo projects lah

Is there a MCST Association? MCSTs should all come togather to share info and go after the irresponsible developers and contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    The reasons given by the main con were the most ridiculous:

1. Poor maintenance.
    2. They use reasonably competent subcontractors.

All industry players know that waterproofing supposed to last for 10 years. They have to give warranty for that. This condo is only 3 years old. They should not be allowed to get away with this.
    DLP is over here. It will be settled out of court & compensated given rsp, squire mech & wheelock r involved. Residents shld ensure that. they r well compensated. Not sure any other problems in future.

I thought I read somewhere that this project is built by a reputable developer which gives good quality products?

That the MCST in Seaview is willing to publicise it shows that the pros for suing the developer outweigh the cons of negative perceptions for potential buyers.

DLP is over here. It will be settled out of court & compensated given rsp, squire mech & wheelock r involved. Residents shld ensure that. they r well compensated. Not sure any other problems in future.
    DLP is applicable more to the individual units rather than the infra setup of the project. If u refer to the recent case of the CDL settlement over the claim of >$600,000 for a project at Haig Rd.

I think it is now too late to settle out of court and there definitely lots of finger pointing among the developer, main con, sub con, architecture and the M&E engineer.

This is such a lovely estate....deeply in love with it if u have a good unit inside..

Good estate yes, but the problem is serious. Poor waterproofing is just one of them, the other one is the poor design and/or build of the kitchen sewage pipes, resulting cummulating of "salt" water (Cantonese speak), which gives out foul smell through the floor traps. This one u can't even "rectify". U have to redo the vertical piping!

I really hope the developers, architect, and main cons be punished. It's been a long unspoken fact that u get whatever the contractor built for you, whatever problem is ur problem over the years such practices become the norm rather than exception. Unscrupulous players abuse this situation. Whereas good developers are being ignored for their efforts on ensuring the quality.

RSP and Squire Mech are not new kids on the block. They have encountered similar problems and would just blame the MC for failing to build what was design for Seaview. I am sure this will affect Seaview subsale in future.