Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 271217222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

[quote=Laguna]I am extremely upset of this Proud Owner labelled the SPs of The Seaview being dishonest.

He has no interest whatsoever in The Seaview, under what capacity he can accuse more than 550 SPs of The Seaview being dishonest.

He did not even know what is going on and demand the SPs of The Seaview to come to this forum to declare....what logic is this?...The SPs of The Seaview may not even know the existence of this forum...and of course, who is this Proud Owner...

So,by the same urgement, if any property in Singapore having problem, and not coming to this forum to declare, then all of them are DISHONEST...this is the greatest joke on earth....[/quote]

we have seem in many treads in this forum .. owners sometimes asked :

i bought a unit at XXX ...
    1. theres leakage ...what can i do ?
    2. anyone have same experience there ?
    3 i heard &@$&%)$#&_) about this project ..?

Yet we see, hear, read NONE about from SV ..ZERO

the owners of the affected units ..sure are damn good at keep quiet..for 2-3 years ...

Noble ...very noble

ok ok

to make all happy ...

owners of the affect units of SV (whatever SPs is) are very noble

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    at the end of the day ... no one mouth a word of it from 2008 ...to protect the value //

for fear that it might affect the price of their purchase ..right ?

those whose units have the issue and sold it ..kept the money and 'phew' .. glad they got rid of it ..

i need not say more ...
    Those houses at the flood area please come to declare.....

Those properties, which had some unnatural deaths before, also please come and declare to this forum..

Those properties in the Red light area, pl also declare fast...

Those properties likely to be affected by any govt plan also come and declare....

The list is getting very longer...

No one can comment why they kept quiet for 2-3 years ..??

No one asks why ?

yes ..i shouldnt comment anymore ..

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Those houses at the flood area please come to declare.....

Those properties, which had some unnatural deaths before, also please come and declare to this forum..

Those properties in the Red light area, pl also declare fast...

Those properties likely to be affected by any govt plan also come and declare....

The list is getting very longer...

before they come forward to declare

why dont you answer my question ..?

WHY , if you knew, for 2-3 yrs yet said nothing during that period before it came to light ?

what was your intention ?

are we not here in this forum to SHARE ? the good and bad of every project ?

give the answer to the question above and let the rest decide ..

No one asks why ?

ya, stop fire alr
    good, good.....
    why ur so hard on this issue...take it easy bro...

BTW, how do u presume that I know?
    do u know me? definitely NOT
    dun presume please, this is dangenous
    I also duno who ur..
    Last edited by Laguna; 27-09-11 at 18:09.

Actually there is one dishonest guy here..... Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    but the sum of the problems would be too minor to go to court to destroy the brand name of SV.

Sorry to say this : I think u r too NAIVE !

U r still guessing, even though the defects is minor but to rectify the whole thing is not easy and costly, pls stop guessing!

No one asks why ?

Human being like dat la

When there is no leaking for eg. In ur ownunit...den tend to bochup rite?
    Those 10% got leaking problems may not be present in this forum...

Like urself, sommerville got pests problems but ur unit apparently got no problems and den u give reasons tat project old liao vy natural to haf roaches....who say so? U say? Sorry to dissapoint u tat i got a ppty tat is more den 10yo and nvr heard of pests problems bcoz the mcst been diligently upkeeping the estate....

But den u can say u nvr heard about the roaches problem wat....ya la...u r so morally upright

No one asks why ?

Questions and comments on why it appears that these incidents are kept quiet for these 2-3 years can be asked.

The issue is with how your queries are phrased and how you are assuming that the owners of SV are ALL dishonest or condemned etc because there have been no mentions here or any other forums.

There could be a variety of reasons such as ;

1) No owners in this forum
    2) The incidents are minor and just blown out of proportion
    3) Not allowed to comment until a collective agreement is made on the course of action

etc etc

Not vested in SV but just like to say that even with the issues on hand, it is a nice development at a good location.

If you buy a home in Taiwan and it turns up that the home is haunted but the seller kept mum about it, you can actually get your money back.

but "haunted" is a thing with legal significance only in Taiwan, which is a very superstitious country.
    Wrong, there was a similar case in Singapore and the buyer got out after going to court.

......truncated.....

they chose to not warn fellow forumers here ...

until its self exposed ...

what do you describe such forumers (owners) ?

....truncated ..
    As "being human"?

I guess no owner will be altruistlic enough to declare his estate's problem to prospective buyers in a public forum. Most air their problems when seeking help or opinion to redress these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    From the press, we all understand, how high handed is Wheelock in dealing the case and brushing away all the problems.

It is not the MC decided to go to the war. The decision was taken in the AGM as I mentioned earlier.
    Once it goes to court, there is really no other way the developer could position itself when talking to the press.

Doomsday in 2012, plenty of firesales then, no point arguing

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Doomsday in 2012, plenty of firesales then, no point arguing
    If nvr happen how?

U gona reborn into another new nick?

Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    Wrong, there was a similar case in Singapore and the buyer got out after going to court.
    You mean there is a similar case of a buyer getting out of a sale by claiming that it is haunted? Where and when? Do you have any details?

Sounds very interesting, please share

Residents can only go after the Developer as there is no contract between Residents and MC. Developer will have to go after MC as there are contractual obligation. Tiong Aik's reputation will be tarnished.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn
    Yes, need to take note of main contractor or builder. Reputation of developer is no guarantee of quality as who they award the building contract to is important. Who knows, developer may award contract based on lowest bids. Developer shake leg and sign cheque only. Contractor sweats it out and manages sub-contractors, suppliers, etc. Its Tiong Aik Construction right? The same company behind Coralis and Parc Seabreeze, Gillenia, Starlight Suites, etc? Owners/buyers beware.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    If nvr happen how?

U gona reborn into another new nick?
    no need reborn since never die mah...stay the same lah

so did you know or have heard about these defects since 2008 ???

and being a member of this site .. you never once mention it ..?

why ?
    bro, chill man.....
    btw, by your definition, i'm guilty as charged but why would i raised it here? i dun think i'm being noble to raise it here to warn other potential buyers. In fact, it might even be viewed as trying to talk down the project so that i can buy cheap (incidentally i know a commie who likes to talk up crappybelle and all the other condos in sg down ). But I see no point in doing that.

Furthermore, if the issues are eventually resolved, and generally most of the time it can be resolved by developer within defects period post TOP, i think its pre-mature to raised such issues and in fact unfairly disadvantaged the owners of SV. It also hinders the parties involved in resolving the issues...

Actually there are so many condos with quality issues and i can easily rattle off at least 15 off my head now. But even at the risk of being labeled `dishonest' i shall not openly mention those issues coz seriously, you really think its dishonest meh? No offense bro....if you think that's dishonest, isnt it miserable to live and work in NY in close proximity with all the dishonest bankers? And do you walk up to them and shout at them, `dishonest bast%^&' for causing the sub-prime and pro-longing the inevitable death by over working the dollar printing machine? Surely, at least a few of the angmos whom you know in NY would know of the sub-prime issues and its consequences but choose to remain silent.

So bro, like i said, chill lah....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Residents can only go after the Developer as there is no contract between Residents and MC. Developer will have to go after MC as there are contractual obligation. Tiong Aik's reputation will be tarnished.
    I think tiong aik can forget about its listing plans which i read somewhere recently....what a pity

Quote Originally Posted by august
    today's Spore isnt like wat it used to be. past reputation counts for nothing.
    just look at mrt can already, always breakdown, even new ones less than 1 yr old.
    all thanks to mantra of "cheaper better faster"
    There's a song "Cheaper Better Faster" on YouTube sung by a famous celebrity in Singapore. It is out of tune but it is infectiously catchy.

Upturn the downturn! Boleh?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    bro, chill man.....
    btw, by your definition, i'm guilty as charged but why would i raised it here? i dun think i'm being noble to raise it here to warn other potential buyers. In fact, it might even be viewed as trying to talk down the project so that i can buy cheap (incidentally i know a commie who likes to talk up crappybelle and all the other condos in sg down ). But I see no point in doing that.

Furthermore, if the issues are eventually resolved, and generally most of the time it can be resolved by developer within defects period post TOP, i think its pre-mature to raised such issues and in fact unfairly disadvantaged the owners of SV. It also hinders the parties involved in resolving the issues...

Actually there are so many condos with quality issues and i can easily rattle off at least 15 off my head now. But even at the risk of being labeled `dishonest' i shall not openly mention those issues coz seriously, you really think its dishonest meh? No offense bro....if you think that's dishonest, isnt it miserable to live and work in NY in close proximity with all the dishonest bankers? And do you walk up to them and shout at them, `dishonest bast%^&' for causing the sub-prime and pro-longing the inevitable death by over working the dollar printing machine? Surely, at least a few of the angmos whom you know in NY would know of the sub-prime issues and its consequences but choose to remain silent.

So bro, like i said, chill lah....
    leave me out of this debate. I have never promoted my condo at the expense of other condos. If you insist I have, show evidence. If you cannot, please shut your trap.

Yes, I have said negative things about D10 condos. but that was my honest opinion. As far, my call for D10 properties to go down in flame has been proven prescient. How many units at D'leedon have been sold? very few, as you may well know.

I am appalled by the moral standard of some of you.

so, if I have a lemon, I will just keep quiet and sell it to an unwary buyer at full price and let him inherit my problem?

I am truly appalled. You should really be ashamed of yourself.
    Disclose defects to potential buyers and to irrelevant parties like me are different issues
    People don't have to tell me that they urinated on their pants this morning as it is irrelevant to me
    If I want to buy a pair of used pants from them and smelled something funny, it's my due diligence to find out what it is. If the seller doesn't tell, that's dishonest
    I am not interested in carabella, and you don't have to tell me what have ever happened in carabella, I don't see any moral problem
    if I am interested and asked on the carabella thread, you still don't have to disclose anything and I don't see any moral problem
    If I view someone's unit but never ask something specific, the owner can choose to keep quiet. Whether it is a moral problem or not depends each one's view, but it definitely has nothing to do with "dishonest"
    If I view someone's unit and ask some specific questions, the owner is honest if he/she tells the truth; if he/she tells a lie, it is not only a moral problem but also misrepresentation

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    Disclose defects to potential buyers and to irrelevant parties like me are different issues
    People don't have to tell me that they urinated on their pants this morning as it is irrelevant to me
    If I want to buy a pair of used pants from them and smelled something funny, it's my due diligence to find out what it is. If the seller doesn't tell, that's dishonest
    I am not interested in carabella, and you don't have to tell me what have ever happened in carabella, I don't see any moral problem
    if I am interested and asked on the carabella thread, you still don't have to disclose anything and I don't see any moral problem
    If I view someone's unit but never ask something specific, the owner can choose to keep quiet. Whether it is a moral problem or not depends each one's view, but it definitely has nothing to do with "dishonest"
    If I view someone's unit and ask some specific questions, the owner is honest if he/she tells the truth; if he/she tells a lie, it is not only a moral problem but also misrepresentation
    totally disagree with you. say someone sees your BMW, and says "hey, nice wheels, can I buy it?" you know that you car has tendency to accelerate without warning, and you are going to keep mum about it and sell it at the market value? Your moral standard is appalling.

Your moral standards explain why so many investors lost millions to minibonds, pinnacle notes, high notes 5, etc. these relationship managers knew these are speculative products sold as FD equivalents, but they kept mum about it. shocking dishonesty, in my view. in your view, this is par in singapore.

if that is your moral standards, you have no right to complain about the accounting irregularities at S-chips. You bought these stocks and you did not ask the right questions, and that is why you stepped on the land mines. that is your problem.

In other countries, it is deemed the job of he seller to disclose whatever is relevant to the buyer. It is a legal and moral duty. shame on people like you. truly shocking.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 28-09-11 at 10:40.

totally disagree with you. say someone sees your BMW, and says "hey, nice wheels, can I buy it?" you know that you car has tendency to accelerate without warning, and you are going to keep mum about it and sell it at the market value? Your moral standard is appalling.

Your moral standards explain why so many investors lost millions to minibonds, pinnacle notes, high notes 5, etc. these relationship managers knew these are speculative products sold as FD equivalents, but they kept mum about it. shocking dishonesty, in my view. in your view, this is par in singapore.
    We aint saint....

Dun tell me u nvr tell a single lie in ur life....i dare to say i aint saint but i aint hypocrite too

If i got lemon car, i will trade in for another car wif the dealer...i will not disclose the problems unless being asked upon.

For ppty, i let the agt do the selling and i will not disclose any info unless being asked upon

We aint saint....

Dun tell me u nvr tell a single lie in ur life

If i got lemon car, i will trade in for another car wif the dealer...i will not disclose the problems unless being asked upon.

For ppty, i let the agt do the selling and i will not disclose any info unless being asked upon
    shocking to say the least. please ask your mother whether your behavior is acceptable.

I am not asking you to be saints, I am just asking you to be moral, as every human being should be.

shocking to say the least. please ask your mother whether your behavior is acceptable.
    U dare to say u nvr tell a single lie in ur life?
    u dun haf to answer me

Just Ask urself...at least be truthful to urself

u dun haf to answer me

I have, but only white lies. I lied to my son when he asked for TV time. I said the TV is broken.

but if I sold a property, I would tell him that the place stinks like hell if that is indeed a problem.

u dun haf to answer me

everyone lies but if i have a car which has been in an accident before I will tell that to the dealer - peace of mind. For me anyways

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    everyone lies but if i have a car which has been in an accident before I will tell that to the dealer - peace of mind. For me anyways
    brovo. at least there is one morally upright singaporean.

if that is your moral standards, you have no right to complain about the accounting irregularities at S-chips. You bought these stocks and you did not ask the right questions, and that is why you stepped on the land mines. that is your problem.

In other countries, it is deemed the job of he seller to disclose whatever is relevant to the buyer. It is a legal and moral duty. shame on people like you. truly shocking.
    There u go, subprime crisis...some of those r re employed.....ben is one of them....and u r from usa