Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930 LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

dun feed the troll

I believe it is about expectation. A minor defect may be viewed as a major defect to someone who pays more than $1500psf as compared to someone who pays $850psf. A pefectionist cannot accept any defects.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Again, its all subjective....some deem minor bcoz mabe they feel tat the smell thingy can be solved....whereas others feel tat its a big thing!

Different ppl got different level of tolerance as well

I can tell u la, there is no end to all these argument....all these r grey matters

There r thousands of scenerios, wat is minor defect to u may be very serious to others....

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Er....i'm not so mean as to want to `hurt you'...i'm just stating facts and its widely publicized that trashed like you are not welcomed, even by foreigners as you trash are giving the real talents a bad name. You know what's happening now, I'm already reviewing the appraisal process for my company together with other partners for 2012 and we have all agreed that between a under-performing local or a foreigner, we will counsel/ managed out the foreigner. This is the morally right thing to do for Sg and we are just doing a small part for Sg and the govt to appease the dissatisfaction among locals.
    You are not scaring me with that fiction of you being someone high in the corporate hierarchy. by the way you write english, I would guess that you are someone behind a pushcart selling ice cream on Orchard road. by the way, that is in D10, too.

so, some one in the corner office would write such english as "are still great interests in it." did you go to school in china?

I think this thread might be over-discussed. Problems will be fixed anyway whether it is by the developer or by the condo itself. We are somehow forgetting the floods in Orchard and the haze covering the whole island now and then. These are bigger long term issues that don't seem to have final solutions!

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    I think this thread might be over-discussed. Problems will be fixed anyway whether it is by the developer or by the condo itself. We are somehow forgetting the floods in Orchard and the haze covering the whole island now and then. These are bigger long term issues that don't seem to have final solutions!
    not to mention some disgruntled Singaporeans trying to turn this forum into a indictment of the ruling party and into a hate foreigner lynch mob.

Just like someone said yesterday: Not enough energy and time to resolve world issues. Talk about issues that can be resolved like over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by reuters

We love foreigners ...preferably when they know when/how to present their thoughts. The locals are well...locals and we have our own culture/language - that is our advantage. Just as when we have to adjust when we work in other countries.

As for the ruling party - well don't get me started on that..

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    not to mention some disgruntled Singaporeans trying to turn this forum into a indictment of the ruling party and into a hate foreigner lynch mob.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Just like someone said yesterday: Not enough energy and time to resolve world issues. Talk about issues that can be resolved like over here.
    Yah! So much heated arguments. At the end of the day, this is just a condo out of so many condos determined to solve issues that can be fixed (according to someone here, these issues probably only affect a handful of the owners anyway). After changing pipes and waterproofing some areas, this is still on the overall a good project. The expensive condos in Bukit Timah flood-prone areas also have defects that may not even be resolvable. The only smell in the air now is the HAZE from Indonesia. THAT you can smell whether you are in East, West, North or South. Cannot hide, cannot repair, cannot sue, cannot solve. Same for the weird downpours these days. Cannot hide, cannot divert, cannot avoid, can only waddle.

Chill a bit guys... no need to get nasty lah.

As a seller while you should not actively conceal defects or latent defects, there is no legal requirement for you to reveal every defect that your property has. But you must be truthful when asked. Otherwise deals will be rescinded on the account of a squeaky doorknob.

The important thing for buyers here is to ask the right questions before buying so that that you can seek legal recourse should a defect come up. This part of your due diligence as a buyer.

No need to bring God, honour, morals....etc into the picture because like what Michael Corleone said, "it ain't personal, it's just business"

So if you are thinking of buying Seaview, remember to ask the owner if the living room smells like shit sometimes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    check out this link on what is featured in a typical OTP

http://www2.nationproperty.com.sg/np..._stp5_OTP.aspx

‘As-is’ condition (same as caveat emptor)

It means a purchaser buys what he sees in the property. In Singapore, real estate agents have no responsibility to ensure that purchasers take over a defect-free property. The purchasers must therefore inspect the property carefully before making any purchase.

Another meaning of ‘as is’ condition is ‘no warranty’ for the condition of the real estate. The buyer will have to accept the condition ‘as it is’.

‘As is’ condition is similar to the caveat emptor rule which means ‘buyers beware’ that the real estate seller and his agent are not bound to deliver a defect-free property. While the seller is legally obliged not to mislead the purchaser, the onus is on the purchaser to satisfy himself that the property is in the condition he wants.
    Last edited by howgozit; 28-09-11 at 13:52.

As is condition is a very basic knowledge....since day one i oredi knew it....

Buyers goto do his due diligence....ask the right specific questions and take photographs upon sealing the deal

As a seller, u shd noe when to tell the truth and only the truth as well

In this world, fittest survives

we are not talking about internet disclosures to uninterested parties. We are talking about disclosures to potential buyers.

totally different matters. You said earlier that unless the potential buyers ask about it, you are not obliged to a serious defect to him or her. that to me is moral problem, and a shocking one at that.
    You got it wrong again. The whole debate arose from a forumer commented that he is very disappointed about the owners of The Sea View do not disclose the defects of this development until the law sue is out, and called them dishonest.

Earlier I said: “If I view someone's unit but never ask something specific, the owner can choose to keep quiet. Whether it is a moral problem or not depends each one's view, but it definitely has nothing to do with "dishonest"” Which part of it means "unless the potential buyers ask about it, you are not obliged to a serious defect to him or her."?

As is condition is a very basic knowledge....since day one i oredi knew it....

Buyers goto do his due diligence....ask the right specific questions and take photographs upon sealing the deal

As a seller, u shd noe when to tell the truth and only the truth as well

In this world, fittest survives
    What about the "whole truth"?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    You got it wrong again. The whole debate arose from a forumer commented that he is very disappointed about the owners of The Sea View do not disclose the defects of this development until the law sue is out, and called them dishonest.

Earlier I said: “If I view someone's unit but never ask something specific, the owner can choose to keep quiet. Whether it is a moral problem or not depends each one's view, but it definitely has nothing to do with "dishonest"” Which part of it means "unless the potential buyers ask about it, you are not obliged to a serious defect to him or her."?
    Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    know the meaning of "caveat emptor"???

Kudos.... very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Chill a bit guys... no need to get nasty lah.

As a seller while you should not actively conceal defects or latent defects, there is no legal requirement for you to reveal every defect that your property has. But you must be truthful when asked. Otherwise deals will be rescinded on the account of a squeaky doorknob.

The important thing for buyers here is to ask the right questions before buying so that that you can seek legal recourse should a defect come up. This part of your due diligence as a buyer.

No need to bring God, honour, morals....etc into the picture because like what Michael Corleone said, "it ain't personal, it's just business"

So if you are thinking of buying Seaview, remember to ask the owner if the living room smells like shit sometimes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    check out this link on what is featured in a typical OTP

http://www2.nationproperty.com.sg/np..._stp5_OTP.aspx

‘As-is’ condition (same as caveat emptor)

It means a purchaser buys what he sees in the property. In Singapore, real estate agents have no responsibility to ensure that purchasers take over a defect-free property. The purchasers must therefore inspect the property carefully before making any purchase.

Another meaning of ‘as is’ condition is ‘no warranty’ for the condition of the real estate. The buyer will have to accept the condition ‘as it is’.

‘As is’ condition is similar to the caveat emptor rule which means ‘buyers beware’ that the real estate seller and his agent are not bound to deliver a defect-free property. While the seller is legally obliged not to mislead the purchaser, the onus is on the purchaser to satisfy himself that the property is in the condition he wants.

By law it is much clear but the standard is much lower and minimum
    By moral it is gray but the standard is higher
    At the end of the day, it is between law, you, your conscience, and God if you believe in Him
    Some people accuse others of low moral standard on one hand, but public trashy other people's investment and ideas on the other.
    Someone accuses other not telling truth when they have not been asked, but claims that telling white lies is not a moral problem.
    Not sure what their moral standards are?

we are not talking about internet disclosures to uninterested parties. We are talking about disclosures to potential buyers.

totally different matters. You said earlier that unless the potential buyers ask about it, you are not obliged to a serious defect to him or her. that to me is moral problem, and a shocking one at that.
    No, the seller is indeed under no obligation to disclose any defects if he is not asked specifically about it.

I won't touch on the moral bit etc... but definitely the seller cannot be sued for non-disclosure, that's the bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    No, the seller is indeed under no obligation to disclose any defects if he is not asked specifically about it.

I won't touch on the moral bit etc... but definitely the seller cannot be sued for non-disclosure, that's the bottom line
    as spincity said, moral and legal are different matters. what is legal is not always moral. keeping mum may be legal, but it is not moral. I would not do such things. it is just me.

know the meaning of "caveat emptor"???
    Know the meaning of "quoting out of context"?

Know the meaning of "quoting out of context"?
    know the meaning of die die also want face, even when one knows that one is wrong and barking up the wrong tree?

totally disagree with you. say someone sees your BMW, and says "hey, nice wheels, can I buy it?" you know that you car has tendency to accelerate without warning, and you are going to keep mum about it and sell it at the market value? Your moral standard is appalling.

Your moral standards explain why so many investors lost millions to minibonds, pinnacle notes, high notes 5, etc. these relationship managers knew these are speculative products sold as FD equivalents, but they kept mum about it. shocking dishonesty, in my view. in your view, this is par in singapore.

if that is your moral standards, you have no right to complain about the accounting irregularities at S-chips. You bought these stocks and you did not ask the right questions, and that is why you stepped on the land mines. that is your problem.

In other countries, it is deemed the job of he seller to disclose whatever is relevant to the buyer. It is a legal and moral duty. shame on people like you. truly shocking.
    You sounded macham Mother Theresa...haha you so funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    You sounded macham Mother Theresa...haha you so funny!!!
    Yah lor. Toyota declared it had a problem and fixed it. It is still a reliable car afterall. Think let's give this discussion thread a rest. Old news already!

Old news or not, the price of The Seaview will take a dive for the time being

Let me know please, I will be buying and few friends are waiting as well

hows ur biz lately?

hows ur biz lately?
    Very good indeed! As property prices are plunging, the speculators and specu-vestors need to seek solace

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Let me know please, I will be buying and few friends are waiting as well
    You an existing property owner there already?

Very good indeed! As property prices are plunging, the speculators and specu-vestors need to seek solace
    LOL....dun forget ur biz greatly depends on foreigners

when the tide ebbs, any vice activities will sink down too

LOL....dun forget ur biz greatly depends on foreigners

when the tide ebbs, any vice activities will sink down too
    You would be surprised how many locals we get on any given day. And all they gripe about are the high costs of living here

Ours is a recession proof business.

You would be surprised how many locals we get on any given day. And all they gripe about are the high costs of living here

Ours is a recession proof business.
    wah....tats wat everybody dream about...having a recession proof biz

wah....tats wat everybody dream about...having a recession proof biz
    Only if the bros decide to DIY beat aeroplane, then we will be in deep trouble