Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122

Thread: Versilia on Haig - Ipoh Lane

Quote Originally Posted by BIC
    Hi,

UOL mentioned that they will re-develop the Lion City Hotel site for commercial and retail use. This is to better cater for the residential cluster in this area.

Really hope our wishlist can come true....cinema, big supermarket, good eateries etc etc.

Cheers.
    Thats good news..Any idea when they will start to demolish the Lion City ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesslee98
    Thats good news..Any idea when they will start to demolish the Lion City ?
    You will know when they start vacating the tenants. I will miss the food stalls!!!

You will know when they start vacating the tenants. I will miss the food stalls!!!
    Visited my favourite wanton noodle stall today.

Was told that they will vacate the premise in 2 months time.

Sianz!!

Hi,

They will start shifting in Sep 11.

Default Starhub MaxInfinity Installation - Embracing OpenNet

Good move....but I can't wait liao!!

Will keep all posted!!

Cheers.
    Hi,

Will like to share my 1st day experience of using the Starhub MaxInfinity (100Mbps) broadband vs my previous MaxOnline (16Mbps) broadband.

1. Setup
    - to avoid further trunking, all equipment must be in the swtichbox area
    - this include the broadband box, wireless router, base-station of your Cordless phone (mine is the bundled service)

2. Coverage
    - the living room coverage will, logically, be the best since its located near the switchbox
    - A speedtest showed that download speed is over 60Mbps, wireless
    - reduced coverage for my study and no coverage for my Masterbed room and children room

3. Additional equipment
    - Added an Aztech power-plug for my study for Lan connection
    - Download speed is now more than 50Mbps
    - Intend to add a wireless-lan booster for my Masterbed room (PC show here I come!!)

4. Overall experience
    - The surfing speed is now over 5 times from my previous setup, as I had about 10Mbps download speed previously
    - Watching youtube and online video is now a breeze!!!

In short, its worthwhile to migrate considering the small incremental $$ but improved online experience.

Cheers.

Normally its OTP modem to wireless router but is it possible to connect the OTP modem to the inbuilt LAN network and come out to the wireless router (at masterbed room)?

Hi,

Will like to share my 1st day experience of using the Starhub MaxInfinity (100Mbps) broadband vs my previous MaxOnline (16Mbps) broadband.

1. Setup
    - to avoid further trunking, all equipment must be in the swtichbox area
    - this include the broadband box, wireless router, base-station of your Cordless phone (mine is the bundled service)

2. Coverage
    - the living room coverage will, logically, be the best since its located near the switchbox
    - A speedtest showed that download speed is over 60Mbps, wireless
    - reduced coverage for my study and no coverage for my Masterbed room and children room

3. Additional equipment
    - Added an Aztech power-plug for my study for Lan connection
    - Download speed is now more than 50Mbps
    - Intend to add a wireless-lan booster for my Masterbed room (PC show here I come!!)

4. Overall experience
    - The surfing speed is now over 5 times from my previous setup, as I had about 10Mbps download speed previously
    - Watching youtube and online video is now a breeze!!!

In short, its worthwhile to migrate considering the small incremental $$ but improved online experience.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by mezo
    Normally its OTP modem to wireless router but is it possible to connect the OTP modem to the inbuilt LAN network and come out to the wireless router (at masterbed room)?
    Not sure mezo.

The problem is the termination point of the OpenNet point.

You can ask the technician during installation. But prepare for the worse case scenario.

Cheers.

Hi Mezo, BIC,
    Last time I tried, I connected the otp to the inbuilt LAN network. There are 4 cables, numbered 1-4, got to trial and error which is which. I think #4 is for the living rm. Even though I placed the router at the center of the living rm, the signal strength in the mbr is still weak.
    May have to get a booster like BIC suggested, :-). Getting my setup this coming Monday by starhub, similar plan as BIC, I think. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by i0east
    Hi Mezo, BIC,
    Last time I tried, I connected the otp to the inbuilt LAN network. There are 4 cables, numbered 1-4, got to trial and error which is which. I think #4 is for the living rm. Even though I placed the router at the center of the living rm, the signal strength in the mbr is still weak.
    May have to get a booster like BIC suggested, :-). Getting my setup this coming Monday by starhub, similar plan as BIC, I think. Cheers.
    This or its equivalent will help to boost the wireless signal from the router.

Wireless WL556E Portable 300Mbps Wireless-N RepeaterView Other Models selectGR7000WL852RT4WL852RT4-TWL557RT4WL552USBWL558USBWL556E
    Benefits•

•Extend wireless signal to areas not reached by router
    or access point
    Plug directly into any power socket without external power adapter
    Use within wireless range without data cable connection
    to the network
    Enable wired network to be WiFi-ready through LAN port
    Useful Information- Datasheet
    - Downloads- WL556E Front View
    - WL556E Bottom View
    - WL556E In-Use View- On YouTube Available in white

Innovative Portable Wireless-N Repeater
    in Any Power Outlet in Any Home, Office
    or Hotspot
    Aztech WL556E, Portable 300Mbps Wireless-N Extender , expands the wireless range of your network without you needing to connect it to the network through a data cable.
    Simply plug the innovative Aztech WL556E into any available wall socket or into the electrical power extension cord where it is within range of your wireless router. The portable wireless repeater picks up wireless signals and bounces them off to blind spot areas where wireless signals are unstable or inconsistent.
    Since Aztech WL556E reaches out to blind spot areas wirelessly, it builds a more stable wireless network and saves on cabling or wiring costs.
    Convert Modem-Router to Wireless-N Access Point
    Turn a regular modem-router into a WiFi-ready networking device by simply connecting Ethernet cable from any Ethernet LAN port of the device to the Ethernet port of Aztech WL556E. The portable wireless repeater acts as a wireless access point

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    U guys are amazing... looks like a strong and cohesive community forming.
    Great for the estate definetely! not too great for the outsource contractors ... hee hee
    Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce a revolutionary new product to you; Strand Woven Bamboo.

Strand woven bamboo is applicable for both indoor flooring and outdoor decking and is considered a sustainable building material not only because it is harvested from FSC/Sustainable sources, but also because of its low volatile organic content (VOC), as well as its manufacturing and installation process.

Bamboo is commonly used for scaffolding so it is certainly strong enough for your flooring needs. It features a high strength to weight ratio and can easily carry countless times its own weight. Strand Woven Bamboo is as tough as Maple and it is 50% harder and more stable when compared to Red Oak. According to the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), Strand Woven Bamboo also tops the list of frequently used wood types in term of dimensional stability.

Styleline’s products have all been certified under the Singapore Green Label scheme, issued by the Singapore Environment Council. With a full range of test reports available, you can have peace of mind that you are getting a product that has been certified and tested to be stronger, more durable and environmentally friendly.

A whole host of options are available to you in terms of designs, we have 11 standard colors for our indoor flooring.

At Styleline, we have installed more than 400,000ft2 of indoor flooring and more than 700,000ft2 of external decking locally in Singapore.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Style-...11716342246539

https://picasaweb.google.com/107558321126877783822/

For samples, details and more information, or even to ask a simple question, please do not hesitate to contact

SBF
    [email protected]

Default New Commercial Site At Paya Lebar up for Sale

Dear Owners,

Long time no see!!

Just want to share that there is another commercial site at Paya Lebar put up for sale. This one is opposite Katong Shopping Complex.

Looks like the redevelopment in this area is gathering steam!!

Cheers.

I was starring at the image of the site. There's a long kang dividing this plot. It will be interesting. Remember how 313 Somerset is built? Hopefully it means good business.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

I was starring at the image of the site. There's a long kang dividing this plot. It will be interesting. Remember how 313 Somerset is built? Hopefully it means good business.
    2 triangle plots of land divided by stream of water flowing through it.... hmm... I wonder what the Fengshui guys have to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    2 triangle plots of land divided by stream of water flowing through it.... hmm... I wonder what the Fengshui guys have to say about this.

Harmful Water Environments
    Avoid sites located on or in view of the following:
    • Fast moving water with steep banks.
    • Sea cliffs or waterfalls.
    • Sharp turns along water courses.
    • Straight runs: long inlets or long water fingers such as canals, especially if the site or structure is located at the end of the run.
    • Crashing water: breakers, rapids, and surf. White water over rocks is especially destructive.
    • Tidal areas were water sets in fast.
    • Areas with erratic water patterns such as flash flood creeks, deltas, flood plains, gullies, and swamps.
    • Stagnant water of any type: marshes, swamps, treatment plants, and stagnant swimming pools.
    • Frozen lakes

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

Hi ecimbew,

A very good pic of the site. Good or bad fengshui, the developer or future shop owners will find ways to handle this.

Its long overdue for this big piece of land to be developed.

Huat ah!!!

Dear Owners,

Long time no see!!

Just want to share that there is another commercial site at Paya Lebar put up for sale. This one is opposite Katong Shopping Complex.

Looks like the redevelopment in this area is gathering steam!!

Cheers.
    What type of commercial development will it be? Office? Shopping complex? Or mixed?

Hi ecimbew,

A very good pic of the site. Good or bad fengshui, the developer or future shop owners will find ways to handle this.

Its long overdue for this big piece of land to be developed.

Huat ah!!!
    Not my photo. It's from ura.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

What type of commercial development will it be? Office? Shopping complex? Or mixed?
    My guess will be office spaces, in line in making Paya Lebar the commercial hub away from CBD, where office spaces are in hot($$) demand.

The new developement at the current Lion City Hotel site should provide the retail demand for the area.

It will be an exciting 5 years in the area!!! $2,000 psf? mezo, you think so?

Huat ah!!!

Default Changes to transform Paya Lebar, Geylang into commercial hub

Dear Owners in these areas,

Huat ah!!!

Cheers.

Changes to transform Paya Lebar, Geylang into commercial hub

Published on Sep 3, 2011

They have long been seen as a bit sleepy, seedy and rundown but Paya Lebar and Geylang are undergoing radical changes that will transform them into a commercial hub - with some good spin-offs for home owners along the way. -- PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER

By Cheryl Lim

They have long been seen as a bit sleepy, seedy and rundown but Paya Lebar and Geylang are undergoing radical changes that will transform them into a commercial hub - with some good spin-offs for home owners along the way.

Hotels, shops, parks and other facilities are on the drawing board for the area, as part of the the Urban Redevelopment Authority's 2008 Masterplan.
    There is about 12 ha of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than five million sq ft.

The new Paya Lebar Central is poised to be a bustling commercial centre near the MRT station, with a mix of office, retail, hotel developments and attractive public spaces.

Not sure mezo.

The problem is the termination point of the OpenNet point.

You can ask the technician during installation. But prepare for the worse case scenario.

Cheers.

Signed up M1 $39 100mbps plan and later called me to say OpenNet reject our application because there is no demand.

Can they do this!!!

Signed up M1 $39 100mbps plan and later called me to say OpenNet reject our application because there is no demand.

Can they do this!!!

Gosh.....I smell a rat!!

However, with OpenNet cables already laid....I do not see how they can reject any Telco carrier.

Very strange indeed.

Default Happy Mid-Autumn Festival

Hi,

How time flies. Last year we had a simple celebration and gathering during the mid-autumn festival...

This year, no time to organise. Will still go down to the pool this evening with the kids and their lanterns etc.

Cheers.

Default Versilia 1st Council

Wow,

We have our 1st Council formed. Cool!!

mezo,

Are you one of the Council member? If so, congrats!!! Glad at least someone from this forum is a Council member.

Cheers.

Actually, we were waiting for you to turn up and support you. We were talking about you during the nomination and were contemplating volunteering you in your absence....

Wow,

We have our 1st Council formed. Cool!!

mezo,

Are you one of the Council member? If so, congrats!!! Glad at least someone from this forum is a Council member.

Cheers.

Actually, we were waiting for you to turn up and support you. We were talking about you during the nomination and were contemplating volunteering you in your absence....
    Thanks. I had to rush off to RWS for the family retreat. Hence, couldn't hang around for the AGM.

Glad you are in the Council and feel free to use this forum to gather views from the residents...ha ha

All thes best and congrats again!!

Bro,
    Chk with you, how the MA for your estate ?i think it TEAMS,
    How their performance so far

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Bro,
    Chk with you, how the MA for your estate ?i think it TEAMS,
    How their performance so far
    From my perspectve, they are doing a fine job. After more than 1.5yrs, the place is still well-maintained and clean . We are still having the same set of clearners and everyone seems cordial.

Will leave the rest to provide their views.

Cheers.

Thanks BIC,
    appreciate your feedback ....
    Can alway count on you in this thread..

Glad you are enjoying your stay.
    With the redevelopment ongoing at paya lebar. It definitely going to be great area to stay

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Thanks BIC,
    appreciate your feedback ....
    Can alway count on you in this thread..

Glad you are enjoying your stay.
    With the redevelopment ongoing at paya lebar. It definitely going to be great area to stay
    Don't mention.

Cheers.