Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sophia Residence (D9, Freehold, Guocoland)

Senior

User Info Menu

Sophia Residence is clearly a much better product than Parc Sophia. I would not even attempt to compare the 2. Definitely established developer (with awards somemore) will sell at higher psf and people will still grab.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzle
    I think Guocoland will sell above the psf for Parc Sophia due to the cost of the land acquired for Sophia Residence during the Sophia Court enbloc.

Senior

User Info Menu

not to forget parc emily is actually nearer to little india than dhoby ghaut! personally, i dislike the sophia, wilkie, emily area. like you said, poor design, many mickey mouse units developments. I wonder how bad the traffic is during peak hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    apart from the location, i never understood why people would pay that kind of price for condos in mount sophia and park emily area? the condos there are horribly designed and crammed. for condos like parc emily, you can literally see whatever ur neighbours are doing across. for 1st owners, i can only congratulate them coz they bought at really cheap price, but for those idiots who paid 1300psf to 1500psf for that area, i just have to wish them luck in finding another sucker to take over their property next time...

User Info Menu

There is another thread post by SEA on the launch :

Freehold Project Launching [email protected] 9/Sophia Road

Looking at it, think this is the sophia residence, full condo facilities.

Will this be a good project to invest ?

Senior

User Info Menu

it is probably a good project to invest based on its attributes but the price is surely not going to be good for buyers

Quote Originally Posted by wonder
    There is another thread post by SEA on the launch :

Freehold Project Launching [email protected] 9/Sophia Road

Looking at it, think this is the sophia residence, full condo facilities.

Will this be a good project to invest ?

User Info Menu

Notice Arcadia Sky (99 yrs) by Wing Tai is launching soon as well, comparing with Sophia Residence (FH), which got higher potential ? to rent and to flip

Senior

User Info Menu

that's Ascentia Sky. all depends on the pricing upon launch, hard to say which has better potential to rent/flip. should have no problem finding tenants for both but problem is how much will be the rent vs launch price which is too tough to determine at this point.

Notice Arcadia Sky (99 yrs) by Wing Tai is launching soon as well, comparing with Sophia Residence (FH), which got higher potential ? to rent and to flip

User Info Menu

The long stairs will not be good for elderly to walk down to street level. Notice there is another project just beside Plaza Singapore by DTZ, saw the banner and site yesterday while driving around that area. That will be more ideal perhaps

Senior

User Info Menu

is that along handy road? that could be a 99 year leasehold site though, which govt sold to allgreen a few years back.

The long stairs will not be good for elderly to walk down to street level. Notice there is another project just beside Plaza Singapore by DTZ, saw the banner and site yesterday while driving around that area. That will be more ideal perhaps

User Info Menu

Yes you are right, along Handy Road.

Wonder Sophia Residence developer will make some side gate to access to the street just for residence ?

Senior

User Info Menu

i guess wherever possible, they will have a side gate for easy access to which ever roads/amenities for residents' convenience.

did u see a showroom for the handy road site? i don't think its launch ready unless the showroom is up. Allgreen seems to have a few other launch ready projects which they would likely go ahead with first.

Yes you are right, along Handy Road.

Wonder Sophia Residence developer will make some side gate to access to the street just for residence ?