Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah: For owners only.

Quote Originally Posted by doragirl
    has anyone done up the new shoe cabinet area outside the door? because this was included in my initial quote, i'm afraid my id will quote me higher as additional top up work
    You can ask your ID to bundle in. Dun cost much.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    You can ask your ID to bundle in. Dun cost much.
    is $600 expensive? including 1 door with laminate and shelvings.

is $600 expensive? including 1 door with laminate and shelvings.
    Yes, $600 is too much.. More like half the price...

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    Yes, $600 is too much.. More like half the price...
    seems like i;m overcharged.

seems like i;m overcharged.
    Mine threw in free. You must squeeze them

Mine threw in free. You must squeeze them
    it's difficult after u sign up with them. if this happens before we start the reno, maybe the possibility of neg a lower price or free is there.

I got 1 window grille if anyone needs it.. Maybe can let go at half price..
    Orginally fix up at Master bedroom toilet. Took out the next day when we discover we cannot fix the blinds with the grilles there..

Let me know if you want.. You can just ask your grilles contractor to quote you one less grille. Mine is the standard grilles used in Casa Merah..

I got 1 window grille if anyone needs it.. Maybe can let go at half price..
    Orginally fix up at Master bedroom toilet. Took out the next day when we discover we cannot fix the blinds with the grilles there..

Let me know if you want.. You can just ask your grilles contractor to quote you one less grille. Mine is the standard grilles used in Casa Merah..
    sorry to ask, how come? if u are doing wrought iron grilles, it will flush with the wall right?

sorry to ask, how come? if u are doing wrought iron grilles, it will flush with the wall right?
    No, it didn't flush with the wall because the window handle is very thick..

Anyone done it flushed? I'm interested to see.

No, it didn't flush with the wall because the window handle is very thick..

Anyone done it flushed? I'm interested to see.

so now without the grilles, it will not hinder the curtain blinds?
    my room grilles flush with the wall. mine is fixed on type, can't open. i think if u do those that can open type, it will bulge out a little

so now without the grilles, it will not hinder the curtain blinds?
    my room grilles flush with the wall. mine is fixed on type, can't open. i think if u do those that can open type, it will bulge out a little
    Mine is a fixed type too... Hmmm..
    Can take a pic and share?

Default Water Heater

Anyone wants to share their experience for the water heater. Notice that the central control switch is only at the bomb shelter area. Anyone pull the wiring from bomb shelter to the respective bathrooms.

==>If not you need to leave the water heater "ON" most of the time beacuse it is too cumbersome to run to and fro to turn on the wtaer heater switch.
    ==> This will hike up your electric & gas bill drastically if yo leave them on 24 X 7
    DF

Mine is a fixed type too... Hmmm..
    Can take a pic and share?
    i kind of get what u mean now about toilet window grille because i got my curtain contractor to do on site measurement. it's more of casa's design faults that only allow roller blinds or curtains to minimize the problem. think if put venetian blinds then will have a bit of problem when opening the blinds .

i kind of get what u mean now about toilet window grille because i got my curtain contractor to do on site measurement. it's more of casa's design faults that only allow roller blinds or curtains to minimize the problem. think if put venetian blinds then will have a bit of problem when opening the blinds .
    You can make a stopper on the window track to restrict the window to only a small opening. U don't need a grille in that case.

better buy double bay residence at simei with low PSF and great to invest due to upcoming new university and shopping mall / hotels. Great rental yield too.

DBR until now still not sold out???

seems like the forum has been quite quiet...hopefully most have moved in already? me still renovating..haiii...

did anybody put up a door btw the walk-in wardrobe and MBR toilet? my neighbour installed this and i tot it's quite cool. http://www.pddoor.com/

looks like the best available solution already since we don't want a folding door and we don't want humidity to spoil our clothes either...anyone with quotes for this?

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    seems like the forum has been quite quiet...hopefully most have moved in already? me still renovating..haiii...

did anybody put up a door btw the walk-in wardrobe and MBR toilet? my neighbour installed this and i tot it's quite cool. http://www.pddoor.com/

looks like the best available solution already since we don't want a folding door and we don't want humidity to spoil our clothes either...anyone with quotes for this?
    This door is currently installed in those HDB upgrading projects. my mom has this door too. Initially didn't know how to use, but after using, thought it's quite a good idea too.

Default yes necessary

I am doing but a full glass door frosted basically because i don want to have any frame around as it will require a lot of effort .. i think it could be better?

i was hestitant to do a door initially cos it will be very hindersome around that area (given the small size of the toilet/WIW area) and yet, we can't leave the areas open else the clothes will all get steamed with humid. so i tot this PD door is the best solution i have seen so far. able to share any photos how you did yours with a glass door? interested to see any other better and creative solutions

Quote Originally Posted by james8899
    I am doing but a full glass door frosted basically because i don want to have any frame around as it will require a lot of effort .. i think it could be better?

i was hestitant to do a door initially cos it will be very hindersome around that area (given the small size of the toilet/WIW area) and yet, we can't leave the areas open else the clothes will all get steamed with humid. so i tot this PD door is the best solution i have seen so far. able to share any photos how you did yours with a glass door? interested to see any other better and creative solutions
    I'm interested to see too. The wall at the side is smaller than the door opening. So if doing a sliding door, then it cannot be fully hidden behind the wall. This in turn will make the entrance to the toilet smaller. If there's another way to do it, I really interested.....

i did a frosted glass door to block the humidity that may spoil the clothes. the edge of door is taped with rubber so as to close the gaps. only the side with door hinges will have gap but it's really negligible small gaps to me, better than to expose the whole area without a door.

I'm interested to see too. The wall at the side is smaller than the door opening. So if doing a sliding door, then it cannot be fully hidden behind the wall. This in turn will make the entrance to the toilet smaller. If there's another way to do it, I really interested.....
    i did a swing door

anyone experiencing problems with the water heater? even if switch on a whole day, the water temperature is not consistent. is it only my unit like that?

been quiet around here, so just posting something to rant/share and probably seek advice from the floor. i installed wallpaper in my living and dining area (the stretch of wall from main door to balcony), and a few days later i noted there were bumps coming out of the wallpaper. I was initially angry and thought the wallpaper installation guy had bad skills or someting. got him to come down today to redo, and turned out upon tearing down the wallpaper that there was a huge crack on the wall, with some water stains as well!

immediately called the contractor from casa merah to come up my aptment to take a look and fixed the problem. something apparently the plaster on the living/dining room wall "melted" when putting on the glue for the wallpaper, and they are now re-plastering and painting the wall before i get the wallpaper guy to do up the wallpaper again.

NOW QUESTION: not sure if the wallpaper guy will charge me for the extra service cos of the re-do, but if he does, can i claim it back from the condo contractors? after all, they did a bad job of plastering the wall. also, for the wallpaper wastage and potential need to buy more? advice advice advice!

Default Greetings from Daniel Foo (CM Owner)

been quiet around here, so just posting something to rant/share and probably seek advice from the floor. i installed wallpaper in my living and dining area (the stretch of wall from main door to balcony), and a few days later i noted there were bumps coming out of the wallpaper. I was initially angry and thought the wallpaper installation guy had bad skills or someting. got him to come down today to redo, and turned out upon tearing down the wallpaper that there was a huge crack on the wall, with some water stains as well!

immediately called the contractor from casa merah to come up my aptment to take a look and fixed the problem. something apparently the plaster on the living/dining room wall "melted" when putting on the glue for the wallpaper, and they are now re-plastering and painting the wall before i get the wallpaper guy to do up the wallpaper again.

NOW QUESTION: not sure if the wallpaper guy will charge me for the extra service cos of the re-do, but if he does, can i claim it back from the condo contractors? after all, they did a bad job of plastering the wall. also, for the wallpaper wastage and potential need to buy more? advice advice advice!
    You can try and claim but I reckon it will be tough as I believed the defect list have been rectify by developer's contractor after handing the key to you. Anything after that is your own expense.

My advice is not to have wallpaper due to Singapore's humid weather. Wallpaper will start peeling after awhile especially if your unit is on the higher floor because of humidity. This can be overcome provided you "on" the aircon of your house 24hrs X 7. Also once you get sick & tired of the wallpaper design, your have to peel and rip off the whole wallpaper unlike wall paint which is easier.

Wallpaper would be ideal for office environment as it is aircon most of the time and can last longer. The flipside is wallpaper makes the place more classy and beautiful.
    Another alternative instead of using wallpaper is to use those curtians with very nice motiff and subtle design, not those "loud" ones. The design & motiff look very similar to wallpaper. It can still add contrast to the flooring and surrounding furniture and objective still being met.

You can try and claim but I reckon it will be tough as I believed the defect list have been rectify by developer's contractor after handing the key to you. Anything after that is your own expense.

My advice is not to have wallpaper due to Singapore's humid weather. Wallpaper will start peeling after awhile especially if your unit is on the higher floor because of humidity. This can be overcome provided you "on" the aircon of your house 24hrs X 7. Also once you get sick & tired of the wallpaper design, your have to peel and rip off the whole wallpaper unlike wall paint which is easier.

Wallpaper would be ideal for office environment as it is aircon most of the time and can last longer. The flipside is wallpaper makes the place more classy and beautiful.
    Another alternative instead of using wallpaper is to use those curtians with very nice motiff and subtle design, not those "loud" ones. The design & motiff look very similar to wallpaper. It can still add contrast to the flooring and surrounding furniture and objective still being met.
    I agree. Some of the renovation jobs make the condos look tacky and cheap, resembling whore houses. One of my neighbors spent $40,000 on renovation, and the condo looks so awful no one is making an offer to her. haha, you know what the chinese say, when you draw a snake, don't draw any feet.

wall paper is the worst kind of "snake feet." it lasts only two years at most, and it gives you all kinds of problem given singapore's humidity.

some owners even install wall to wall carpet. in this humid weather, you are better off with bare wooden floors or marble. don't imitate americans, who live in drier and colder clime, and carpet and wall paper are durable there.

it is just like educating your kids, the less you do with your condo, the better the outcome.

Default carpark problem

it seems like this problem will hit every condo. I'm staying at blk 50+ side and every now and then, my serviceman, delivery, visitors were all asked to go b2 to park and the strangest thing is there's no lift access up from b2 carpark! There's not even a signboard that indicates the 50+ blocks. Service man called me and told me no such block in casa merah! can't find in whole b2. after i went down to check, notice right at both ends there are staircases.
    visitors parking at carpark again has no direct access to function room and got to go through one block which again, even i've no access to open the door for them at level 1. what's going on with this poor estate management..disappointed.

Note: message not intended for non-casa merah residents. please refrain from your nasty postings. thank u.

Unhappy

it seems like this problem will hit every condo. I'm staying at blk 50+ side and every now and then, my serviceman, delivery, visitors were all asked to go b2 to park and the strangest thing is there's no lift access up from b2 carpark! There's not even a signboard that indicates the 50+ blocks. Service man called me and told me no such block in casa merah! can't find in whole b2. after i went down to check, notice right at both ends there are staircases.
    visitors parking at carpark again has no direct access to function room and got to go through one block which again, even i've no access to open the door for them at level 1. what's going on with this poor estate management..disappointed.

Note: message not intended for non-casa merah residents. please refrain from your nasty postings. thank u.
    We need ask developer to build staircase from ground floor to B1/B2 for safety purpose

Quote Originally Posted by xubingtao
    We need ask developer to build staircase from ground floor to B1/B2 for safety purpose
    which side are u saying? I think there's quite a few staircases at different corners leading to B1 and B2 but let me share with u my personal experience, it's quite quiet and dangerous to take the stairs alone, anytime happen not sure if people can see/hear or even save u. The stairs i tried taking was right at the corner near BBQ pit - leads to B1 and B2 carpark.
    I think there should be and i hope there's a lift that goes down to B2. But building a lift is not just as simple as it sounds, not sure if the whole project residents write in to request will they even make it.
    The other day my relatives came but the elderly one was on walking stick, they went down to B2 but couldn't find a way up, so got to drive up back to B1 to alight her at the lift and then go back to park at B2 and walk up the stairs to B1 again. hmmm... i'm not sure if i'm the only person facing this frustration because only half the residents in CS will face this problem. (those at the main pool side are spare the torture)