Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: 8@Woodleigh (D13, 99 years Leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

Smile 8@Woodleigh (D13, 99 years Leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

D13 WOODLEIGH PROJECT
    8 @ Woodleigh

99 Years Leasehold

Site Area – Approx. 115,970 sqft

Situated on a High Ground with Panoramic View

Minutes Walk to Potong Pasir MRT Station & Woodleigh MRT Station (operational ready)

One MRT Station away to Future Serangoon Mega Mall

5 Towers of 15 Storeys High-Rise Condominium Project
    330 Units

Typical Unit Types
    1 Bedroom – Approx. 4XX sqft
    2 Bedroom – Approx. 8XX sqft
    2 + Study – Approx. 9XX sqft
    3 Bedroom – Approx. 9XX sqft to 1,1XX sqft
    4 Bedroom – Approx. 1,3XX sqft

Full Condominium Facilities
    -Lap Pool
    -Spa Pool
    -Pool Pavilion / Pool Deck
    -Function Room
    -Gymnasium
    -Changing Rooms
    -Steam Rooms
    -Jacuzzi
    -Children’s Play Area
    -Tennis Court
    -Fitness Area
    -BBQ Area
    -Water Features / Feature Pond
    -Basement Carparking Lots

Call/sms Stan @ 90088171 for a (no obligation) personal presentation

Desperado, kindly stop prostituting urself or ur services here coz they are not needed...

Went there for a look this morning at around 10am...the Q until road side and the situation is crowded and rowdy...like refugee camp waiting for ration. All 1 bedroom units were sold even before the preview. I left without entering the showroom....too many crazy people around.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Went there for a look this morning at around 10am...the Q until road side and the situation is crowded and rowdy...like refugee camp waiting for ration. All 1 bedroom units were sold even before the preview. I left without entering the showroom....too many crazy people around.
    Wow ... wonder if they were paid to Q or wat ... reminds me of the scene at Alexis ... lol

Just wondering: if investors are hoping to rent out to the "Expats" for a one room/bath in the coming years, will the "Expats" willing to pay $1-$2k for a small puny one bedroom apt?

Just caught the news. 180 units sold in pre-launch. 150 unit to be officially launch next week. this is unbelievable.

That seals it- $770psf for 99 year cemetary facing property right smack in the middle of medium industrial sectors, bordered by one of the most congested roads in Singapore. I am proven grossly wrong - there really is no light of hope in Singapore today - everyone's a moron!

Nearly all 180 units of 8@Woodleigh soft launch sold

SINGAPORE: Hundreds of people turned up at the soft launch of a new condominium project in Woodleigh on Saturday morning.

Before noon, 140 of the 180 units at the 8@Woodleigh project were snapped up.

The developer - Frasers Centrepoint Homes - said prices were transacting at an average of S$890,000 for a 3-bedroom unit, or about S$770 per square foot.

One-bedroom units were sold at an average price of S$400,000, 2-bedroom units at S$690,000 and 4-bedroom units at S$1.1 million.

3-bedroom units make up 41% of the development, which consists of five blocks of 15-storey apartments.

The 99-year leasehold project is expected to have its TOP (Temporary Occupation Permit) in August 2013.

70% of the buyers are upgraders from public housing.

The developer said it will put on sale another 150 units at Woodleigh next weekend.

It also plans to launch a similar suburban project at Bedok Reservoir in July.

yah..... crazy man

perfectly rational.. bubble liao ~

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

The developer - Frasers Centrepoint Homes - said prices were transacting at an average of S$890,000 for a 3-bedroom unit, or about S$770 per square foot.

One-bedroom units were sold at an average price of S$400,000, 2-bedroom units at S$690,000 and 4-bedroom units at S$1.1 million.
    690 000 for a 2 bedroom unit?! I saw the plan 2 bedroom units got 77m2, 78m2 and 80m2.
    So this means the average price of a 2 bedroom unit is 821psf!!

One of the sign that currently waiting for.
    Hopefully, Parc SeaBreeze, SilverSea, Vista Residences & Residence@Killiney will be a sold out too this weekend.

The end should not be too far from here.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    One of the sign that currently waiting for.
    Hopefully, Parc SeaBreeze, SilverSea, Vista Residences & Residence@Killiney will be a sold out too this weekend.

The end should not be too far from here.
    silversea and residence@killiney shld be more interesting ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    silversea and residence@killiney shld be more interesting ~
    silversea has already been on hold since last year!

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Just caught the news. 180 units sold in pre-launch. 150 unit to be officially launch next week. this is unbelievable.
    Haha...I think it is better to enter into property developing business rather than looking for properties to buy.

Whatever the developers dish out 'smart' buyers snap them up immediately!

The developers ( and agents ) are laughing to the bank. Not even a decent advert in ysterday's papers and all are sold out.

A martian passing by Woodleight might think there is a housing shortage or economy is booming in SG. ha ha

I heard that during the pre launch.. there was a launch for staff and "family members"

Most of it was sold during this pre-pre launch internal sale.

Imagine the number of ERA and DTZ agents eligible . Thus I heard more than 50% of units launch for sale this round was already snatch up

wow... much expensive than woodsville 28, which i personally think is better than this project, in term of location, amenities and less than 50m to mrt, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    wow... much expensive than woodsville 28, which i personally think is better than this project, in term of location, amenities and less than 50m to mrt, etc.
    Errrmm.....Depends on what u want la - but on balance I agree with u

W28
    + Closer to MRT, city, major roads, amenities (Potong Pasir FC)
    + Exclusive - 110 units
    + Unblocked views for 2+1BR, 3BR, & 3+1BR; high flrs for 2BR....
    + Great (efficient) layouts
    - Basic facilities (well, can't hav cake and eat it if u want exclusivity)
    - Multistorey carpark (cannot be helped if u are that close to the MRT line)

8@W
    + Underground carpark (actually they dig / build it into the mound that the site in on)
    + Good facilities
    - Further off roads, MRT; no real amenities (Woodleigh MRT is operationally ready but not open)
    - Less efficient layout (anyone notice the HUGE AC ledge?)
    - Not as exclusive
    - For good views, those facing the Woodleigh Close road is the best (those facing the main Upp Serangoon Rd are at risk of having it blocked when the HDB comes up)

Personally, I see 8@W is more for invst-driven - the Stanford American School; but then again it is up against nearby units ranging from Blossoms, Youngberg, W28, OL, Intero, Kovan, to name a few
    Last edited by southpark2000; 21-06-09 at 11:49.

With this price, and a Leasehold property, perhaps Blossom @Woodleigh and Parc Mondrian (freehold) are more attractive. Furthermore, these properties are further inside with a more quiet env.

Quote Originally Posted by jhokc0007
    With this price, and a Leasehold property, perhaps Blossom @Woodleigh and Parc Mondrian (freehold) are more attractive. Furthermore, these properties are further inside with a more quiet env.

All abt tradeoffs.....the more inside,the more quiet. At the same time, the more inside, the more inconvenient; the less unblocked views....the rare ones that meet all criteria have v. high $psf......hard compromises....

Was quoted 2br stack 1 #09 facing north/pool for 729,000 NPS for 840sqft, about 867psft

Almost sold out ... showroom packed like sardine... even direct east/west facing stacks are selling like hotcakes Huge planter, bay windows. The only plus point is bathroom finishing is good.

Personally prefer this to W28, not everyone wants to live near MRT track/expressways. Walkable distance to MRT.

Looks like June's new homes sales is going to be fantastic

thankfully I have bought The Mezzo, freehold, 840sqft for a lower price than that....

I guess its difficult to compare this to mezzo.

Cause one is near MRT , the other is not.

The location is totally different.

One is freehold one is 99

Different people different needs

But definitely I think the price is dame EX for a 99 yres
    Last edited by BenziT77; 22-06-09 at 08:00.

The cemetery land across the road is reserved for HDB housing under Master Plan. It is a huge plot.

Default quoted from DMG's research report issued today

260 units sold within 48 hours.
    Over the weekend, we visited the soft launch of F & N’s 330-
    unit 8 @ Woodleigh near Potong Pasir, which was overwhelmed with crowds of interested local
    buyers (estimated at few hundred). Within a few hours of its soft launch on Saturday, 140 of the
    180 launched units were sold (~ 78% take-up). Given the favourable response, F & N launched
    the remaining units. 260 units were transacted as of 5pm on Sunday, translating to an impressive

take-up of 79% within two days. A bulk of the buyers was Singaporeans.

Out of genuine interest - did anyone buy a unit at 8@Woodleigh?

I drove by on Sat morning, and saw tonnes (literally) of people queuing to get into the showflat. When I popped by on Sunday morning, I was told that people queued for up to 2.5 hours on Sat under the blazing sun to get into the showflat, and all the 4 bedders, 2 bedders and 2+1 bedders were sold out. There were already people coming down to the showflat at 8.30am on Sun morning (despite the showflat opening at 10am) to drop cheques and to talk to the agents.

Amazing..... the overwhelming response is really mind-boggling. However, this really proves one point - there is still a lot of liquidity in the mass market segment. For HDB upgraders to snap up mass market housing at such frenzied pace, despite the Deferred Payment Scheme being no longer available, it only means 2 things - 1) People still have jobs to secure a bank loan (unless everything is financed by cash), and 2) The mass market segment still FEELS bullish about the economy and BELIEVES that prices will go up further.

This of course, gives developers and agents alike to launch other mass market housing at the same (or higher) psf levels. And one thing is for sure. Units will only get smaller (to achieve higher psf and lower price quantum), and from a technical standpoint, a housing bubble that is not supported by fundamentals will be forming. Let's all see how this turns out....

Hmmm, maybe it is time for me to offload my Parc Mondrian. Or maybe not. Let's see.... If a 99-year at 8@W costs $770psf for a 3-bedder, what about a freehold at Parc Mondrian? Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Out of genuine interest - did anyone buy a unit at 8@Woodleigh?

I drove by on Sat morning, and saw tonnes (literally) of people queuing to get into the showflat. When I popped by on Sunday morning, I was told that people queued for up to 2.5 hours on Sat under the blazing sun to get into the showflat, and all the 4 bedders, 2 bedders and 2+1 bedders were sold out. There were already people coming down to the showflat at 8.30am on Sun morning (despite the showflat opening at 10am) to drop cheques and to talk to the agents.

Amazing..... the overwhelming response is really mind-boggling. However, this really proves one point - there is still a lot of liquidity in the mass market segment. For HDB upgraders to snap up mass market housing at such frenzied pace, despite the Deferred Payment Scheme being no longer available, it only means 2 things - 1) People still have jobs to secure a bank loan (unless everything is financed by cash), and 2) The mass market segment still FEELS bullish about the economy and BELIEVES that prices will go up further.

This of course, gives developers and agents alike to launch other mass market housing at the same (or higher) psf levels. And one thing is for sure. Units will only get smaller (to achieve higher psf and lower price quantum), and from a technical standpoint, a housing bubble that is not supported by fundamentals will be forming. Let's all see how this turns out....

Hmmm, maybe it is time for me to offload my Parc Mondrian. Or maybe not. Let's see.... If a 99-year at 8@W costs $770psf for a 3-bedder, what about a freehold at Parc Mondrian? Hmmmm.....
    HDB upgraders care about absolute quantum. IF your freehold Parc Mondrian is big and 100-150psf higher at quantum close to 1 mio, it will be hard to sell to HDB upgraders. I don't think bubble can form easily in this market segment since anything beyond 900k will be out of reach of most upgraders. Besides confidence about economy, another factor that supports buying frenzies is that HDB flat at mature estate is also expensive so some young couples might as well buy condos.

but that means mass market will have less discretionary income in the years to come. are buyers assuming that their hdb prices will not fall significantly between now and when the new unit TOPs? what if hdb (and new unit) prices fall between now and TOP, then upon TOP need to top up even more?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    HDB upgraders care about absolute quantum. IF your freehold Parc Mondrian is big and 100-150psf higher at quantum close to 1 mio, it will be hard to sell to HDB upgraders. I don't think bubble can form easily in this market segment since anything beyond 900k will be out of reach of most upgraders. Besides confidence about economy, another factor that supports buying frenzies is that HDB flat at mature estate is also expensive so some young couples might as well buy condos.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    That is absolutely true.... That's why the Parc Mondrian unit is very livable cos it is big and has unblocked views, but not easily marketable to HDB dwellers. It's alright.... We need a roof over our heads anyway. But it's just a thought.

Agree with your point that HDB flats at mature estates is expensive. Honestly at the end of the day it comes down to individual choice. If a young couple purchases a 5-year old 4-room HDB at Stratmore or Holland for $530K (which still requires further renovation of another $30K or so), versus a brand new 2+1 bedder condo at Woodleigh for $720K that is in a move-in condition, which is a worse choice? I really don't know. As long as the young couple is happy staying in it and not over-stretching themselves, who is to say that they have made a wrong decision? Anyway, that's gives rise to the strong demand for mass market condos.

Can you believe it? In this case, W28, PM, 1L & B@W shd be able to sell at higher price now. These units area are bigger than this 8@W, in term of, says 3 bdrm.

260 units sold within 48 hours.
    Over the weekend, we visited the soft launch of F & N’s 330-unit 8 @ Woodleigh near Potong Pasir, which was overwhelmed with crowds of interested local buyers (estimated at few hundred). Within a few hours of its soft launch on Saturday, 140 of the 180 launched units were sold (~ 78% take-up). Given the favourable response, F & N launched the remaining units. 260 units were transacted as of 5pm on Sunday, translating to an impressive take-up of 79% within two days. A bulk of the buyers was Singaporeans.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    That is absolutely true.... That's why the Parc Mondrian unit is very livable cos it is big and has unblocked views, but not easily marketable to HDB dwellers. It's alright.... We need a roof over our heads anyway. But it's just a thought.

Agree with your point that HDB flats at mature estates is expensive. Honestly at the end of the day it comes down to individual choice. If a young couple purchases a 5-year old 4-room HDB at Stratmore or Holland for $530K (which still requires further renovation of another $30K or so), versus a brand new 2+1 bedder condo at Woodleigh for $720K that is in a move-in condition, which is a worse choice? I really don't know. As long as the young couple is happy staying in it and not over-stretching themselves, who is to say that they have made a wrong decision? Anyway, that's gives rise to the strong demand for mass market condos.
    Current young generation is even more kiasu than previous generation. Many are borrowing from parents, relatives just to buy DBSS HDB flats or condo and must be central or a few stops from city with marble bathrooms (guess 8@W sells based on this). When this group of young chaps reach 35-40 years old, I cannot imagine how big our property bubble is going to be.