Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: 8@Woodleigh (D13, 99 years Leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

I was at the soft launch, quite disappointed because never expect that prices to exceed W28 (nearer to city and near to MRT).
    Also quite disappointed with having to queue so long. They should allow us clients to visit the show flat and give us the price of the units first and only those who want to make a booking queue up at a seperate area.
    Also to add a number of the buyers based on my observations were people buying this for investment purposes, so not exactly the current young generation.

if this is the case, we'd get a subprime crisis of some form in sg which would wipe these people out even before they reach 35-40. the bubble can deflate by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Current young generation is even more kiasu than previous generation. Many are borrowing from parents, relatives just to buy DBSS HDB flats or condo and must be central or a few stops from city with marble bathrooms (guess 8@W sells based on this). When this group of young chaps reach 35-40 years old, I cannot imagine how big our property bubble is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    260 units sold within 48 hours.
    Over the weekend, we visited the soft launch of F & N’s 330-

unit 8 @ Woodleigh near Potong Pasir, which was overwhelmed with crowds of interested local
    buyers (estimated at few hundred). Within a few hours of its soft launch on Saturday, 140 of the
    180 launched units were sold (~ 78% take-up). Given the favourable response, F & N launched
    the remaining units. 260 units were transacted as of 5pm on Sunday, translating to an impressive
    take-up of 79% within two days. A bulk of the buyers was Singaporeans.

"Singapore unveiled a $20.5bn stimulus package as the city-state confronts its worst post-war recession, with the economy expected to shrink....."

The above was announced in Jan 09. and now, people are queing up in the hot sun to buy up properties worth >$800k.

Can withdraw the stimulus package or not?

With this project 8@W selling so well and W28 left 1 or 2 units, it will be a brenchmark for the rest of the launches , guess i really missed the boat.........

Quote Originally Posted by cndomay
    "Singapore unveiled a $20.5bn stimulus package as the city-state confronts its worst post-war recession, with the economy expected to shrink....."

The above was announced in Jan 09. and now, people are queing up in the hot sun to buy up properties worth >$800k.

Can withdraw the stimulus package or not?
    Remember this statement reported in the news? 'You didnt seen it doesn't means it did'nt exists'.

There are people going through recession. It just that we did'nt see them.

Default confirmed hot hot hot

wah piang almost all sold!

momentum cannot be stopped. market will continue to climb up at least till end of this year.

looks like i won't be able to get the property i eyeing at 1300psf

i would personally prefer st michael area anytime for two reasons. The latter is nearer to town and projects there are 999yr or freehold.

reported in BT today, total madness!

Frasers Centrepoint is said to have sold 302 of the total 330 units in its 8@Woodleigh condo since Friday. The average price of the 99-year leasehold project near Potong Pasir MRT Station is about $780 per square foot.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    reported in BT today, total madness!

Frasers Centrepoint is said to have sold 302 of the total 330 units in its 8@Woodleigh condo since Friday. The average price of the 99-year leasehold project near Potong Pasir MRT Station is about $780 per square foot.
    yeshyesh ... ST oso reported & the whole of s'pore should know by now this amazing story liao. To think that FC actually paid a lower price for this site compared to the plot at simei (should be DoubleBay, bot by UOL & KL, acquired in Dec07) ... fwah really timing makes a difference! See those dates reported in the first article found in this thread ...

oops ... i mean the thread Oasis@Elias .. acquisition costs all down there ...

simei and woodleigh/potong pasir cannot compare lah, woodleigh/potong pasir has better location.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...38787,00.html?

Published June 23, 2009

New projects enjoy strong weekend sales

8@ Woodleigh drew mostly S'poreans, specu-vestors due to its location

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) There seems to be no let-up in home sales.

Selling like hotcakes: 302 of the total 330 units in the 8@ Woodleigh condo were sold between Friday and Sunday. The average price of the 99-year leasehold project near Potong Pasir MRT Station is about $780 per square foot

The Gale: A Facebook page for Tripartite Developers' project will be launched to help market it. It is expected to be launched to the public in July

Frasers Centrepoint is said to have sold 302 of the total 330 units in its 8@Woodleigh condo since Friday. The average price of the 99-year leasehold project near Potong Pasir MRT Station is about $780 per square foot. Buyers who opt for an interest absorption scheme (IAS) offered by the developer have to pay 3 per cent more.

The 15-storey development comprises five blocks. About 40 per cent of the units are studios, two-bedders as well as apartments with two-bedrooms plus study. The remaining 60 per cent are three- and four-bedders.

The average price of a studio unit is around $400,000 while a two-bedder typically costs between $650,000 and $670,000.

The project drew mostly Singaporean buyers. In addition to attracting those who bought units for their own occupation, the project is said to have drawn a fair bit of specu-vestors.

8@Woodleigh's location next to the future Stamford American International School gives it a strong investment appeal.

'Some people bought with a view to leasing the units to expat families (for the bigger units) or to the single teachers at the school (for studios and two-bedders),' a market watcher said.

The project is being marketed by DTZ and ERA.

Over at Devonshire Road, Allgreen Properties sold 130 units last week at One Devonshire, a 36-storey freehold condo with a total 152 units.

The average price of the units sold is understood to be $1,800 psf, assuming a normal progress payment scheme.

Allgreen is charging buyers a 2 per cent price premium for IAS. For those who opt for the deferred payment scheme, the price premium is 3 per cent.

Around 65 per cent of the 130 buyers have opted for normal progress payment. Knight Frank is marketing the development.

Chip Eng Seng group's Oasis @ Elias condo is expected to be released soon, as early as this week. The 99-year project has a total 388 units and should give some competition to City Developments' Livia condo nearby.

Over at Flora Road, in the Upper Changi area, Tripartite Developers is getting ready to launch its freehold condo, The Gale. A Facebook page for the project will be launched to help market the project.

The Gale comprises 329 units in nine blocks. The eight-storey project has a range of unit sizes, from one-bedders to four-bedroom apartments with a roof terrace.

Buyers will have the option of signing up for IAS. Buyers and current owners of a Tripartite property will enjoy a loyalty bonus (a 0.5 per cent price discount) if they buy a unit at The Gale, and a referral fee (0.5 per cent of purchase price) if they get a friend or family member to buy a unit in the condo.

Tripartite is a joint venture involving Hong Leong Holdings, City Developments and TID Pte Ltd. Hong Leong Holdings, which issued a press statement on the project yesterday, did not give an indication of pricing. 'The project is expected to be launched to the public in July,' it added.

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    simei and woodleigh/potong pasir cannot compare lah, woodleigh/potong pasir has better location.
    That is why I say timing makes the diff lor .. FC bout that plot slightly later than the others (by then '08 prices lower in Woodleigh Close already) ...

Buy @ lower price, but betta location ... win liao lor.

91% of Woodleigh condominum sold

23 June 2009 2033 hrs (SST) 1233 hrs (GMT)

SINGAPORE: Developer Frasers Centrepoint said Tuesday 91 per cent of its 8@Woodleigh residential project has been sold following a weekend preview.

The mass market development comprises 330 units, out of which 302 have been snapped up during the past four days.

Frasers said it will now release the remaining units for sale and there will be no public launch.

The 99-year leasehold property comprises a mix of two to four room units and studio apartments.

They were sold at an average of S$790 per square foot.

Some 97 per cent of the buyers are Singaporeans, and over half of them are upgraders from public housing flats.

- CNA/yb

I agree with Gfoo 100% that this new bubble will end badly for singaporeans. I also agree that government policies on CPF and other issues are partly to blame for the inflating and deflating of property bubbles in recent memories.

But my biggest concern is the banks and the financial health of the country if this continues unabated for one or two years. We are creating our own subrpime problems, if more and more properties are sold on leverage, rental income keeps slipping, more and more defaults occur, and banks begin to have more and more serious non performing loan problems, the whole finacial industry may be in risk of failing.

Look at the US, it is the only superpower, and it is losing its preeminent position because of the deflating of the housing bubble. But it is able to save itself by printing a massive amount of money. Singapore is a small
    country, and it wouldn't be able to save itself if our own housing bubble begains to deflate, dragging our banks with it. it is something all singaporeans should spending time pondering.

But my posting is also a warning to all those speculators. Of course, our government is not stupid, and it will not allow this bubble to get inflated too big. sooner or later, measures will be announced to cool off the property market before it gets too big. When they announce those anti-speculation measures, the speculators will cry all the way, not to bank, but to their own grave.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I agree with Gfoo 100% that this new bubble will end badly for singaporeans. I also agree that government policies on CPF and other issues are partly to blame for the inflating and deflating of property bubbles in recent memories.

But my biggest concern is the banks and the financial health of the country if this continues unabated for one or two years. We are creating our own subrpime problems, if more and more properties are sold on leverage, rental income keeps slipping, more and more defaults occur, and banks begin to have more and more serious non performing loan problems, the whole finacial industry may be in risk of failing.

Look at the US, it is the only superpower, and it is losing its preeminent position because of the deflating of the housing bubble. But it is able to save itself by printing a massive amount of money. Singapore is a small
    country, and it wouldn't be able to save itself if our own housing bubble begains to deflate, dragging our banks with it. it is something all singaporeans should spending time pondering.

But my posting is also a warning to all those speculators. Of course, our government is not stupid, and it will not allow this bubble to get inflated too big. sooner or later, measures will be announced to cool off the property market before it gets too big. When they announce those anti-speculation measures, the speculators will cry all the way, not to bank, but to their own grave.
    Not as bad as subprime lah. Subprime borrowers bluffed about their income !!! Now there is no DPS, even IAS you must take out a bank loan where the bank will assess your credit-worthiness. Private property index now only 140 (it was a different story in 1995, they should have intervened at 140), there is no point for government to intervene now, will let property developers clear stocks first. And Singapore banks are very conservative about valuation ...

you missed the boat is it??

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

I had a meeting at the Siemens building earlier this afternoon and on a whim, brought my colleague and another ang mo PR for a drive around the area.

My word. Traffic was the pits getting into the woodleigh area, it was dusty, and really hot. When i told them this place commanded $800-900psf, they were shocked out of their socks. there was no way they would pay good money to rent this area and price was the least of their concerns

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    someone said exactly the same thing to me two years ago at the height of the property craze.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    I had a meeting at the Siemens building earlier this afternoon and on a whim, brought my colleague and another ang mo PR for a drive around the area.

My word. Traffic was the pits getting into the woodleigh area, it was dusty, and really hot. When i told them this place commanded $800-900psf, they were shocked out of their socks. there was no way they would pay good money to rent this area and price was the least of their concerns
    someone said on line that singaporeans have a poor intellect, and they are all lemmings. I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    What kind of expensive and lousy boat is this?
    Better to miss.
    The more people buy and speculate, the better people who have better pay and better income stay out.
    When the sun sets in, there will be a good show.
    Lets see how everyone suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by zeq
    What kind of expensive and lousy boat is this?
    Better to miss.
    The more people buy and speculate, the better people who have better pay and better income stay out.
    When the sun sets in, there will be a good show.
    Lets see how everyone suffer.
    that's why i even bother to post altho i've already gotten what i want. Stampedes are stampedes - up and down.

Slow research, price studies, and then making a rational purchase is one thing, being kiasu and queueing to buy cock properties is a blind stampedes, and if the tide turns, the fall to the ground is just as fast if not further than the rush up.

I want my investments to be protected, and would much prefer slow, concerted movements in line with fundamentals.

But when cemetary condos sell for $900psf, the market is irrational.

I'm probably putting my property for sale this or next weekend - fingers crossed i hit my profit target. if not, oh well, guess i gotta tahan staying where i am for the next 5 years or so
    Last edited by gfoo; 26-06-09 at 00:55.

Left only 3 units! 327 out of 330 units sold within 1 week.

I think the final upburst has started, watch for higher prices for next 2 months before the bust comes.

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    Left only 3 units! 327 out of 330 units sold within 1 week.

Consider this a box office horror movie, so buy a big pack of popcorn, one large cock, seat comfortably and wait for the plot to evolve.

But when the bubble burst........remember not to jump in too fast too
    Remember one of the scene in BraveHeart where they sharpen their spear and ready to pierce into the oncoming British garrison? And what did Willian Wallace say......"Hold..Hold.."

yeah man, i think 2011 is a good time

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    Consider this a box office horror movie, so buy a big pack of popcorn, one large cock, seat comfortably and wait for the plot to evolve.

But when the bubble burst........remember not to jump in too fast too
    Remember one of the scene in BraveHeart where they sharpen their spear and ready to pierce into the oncoming British garrison? And what did Willian Wallace say......"Hold..Hold.."

at prices of 9xx to 1kpsf, px has to hit at least 1200psf in potong pasir b4 these buyers cn let go at decent profit. Do u thk it is possible by 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    at prices of 9xx to 1kpsf, px has to hit at least 1200psf in potong pasir b4 these buyers cn let go at decent profit. Do u thk it is possible by 2011?
    You just need around 70psf increase to breakeven and about 50psf to breakeven after first 2 yr clause with bank on early repayment over. No need 200psf increment for decent profit....200psf would be supernormal profit upon TOP.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_360031.html

For those who are hopeful of the above. Think again. I was at the showroom today. All sold out. I was told the Paya Lebar "Hub" is also one of the reason for the rapid purchase as this will attract the "expats" to rent properies in this area.

Anyway everything was sold out. I drove past the project ytd, and there were the large words "fully sold" printed all over the boards surrounding the development. All in 2 weekends' work. Well done...

In property, no one really knows who has the last laugh. Lots of HDB dwellers where laughed at when at the height of the SARs crisis in 2004 they formed a stampede for Pinnacle@Duxton 5-room which costs $4xxK. But the property market boomed thereafter. Far East had a tough time trying to sell Icon during its launch too. Basically the earlier batch of buyers laughing at the later batch. I suppose when the real cemetary land is out for sale at $6xxK for its first batch of DBSS flats, then the 8@Woodleigh folks will be laughing away at this same forum too.

Anyway, one thing is for sure. The FCL folks, and the agents from DTZ and ERA will definitely be patting themselves on the back for the quick (and minimal marketing exps) work.