Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: 8@Woodleigh (D13, 99 years Leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

i think no need for people to be so pantang lah. i don't think hantu is just centered around cemeteries coz they travel everywhere. very often people are worse off than hantus...lol

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    Hehe... I'm not sure if 8@w is on cemetry land but the 'park' across the road used to be bidadari cemetry. Very famous for hauntings and black magic. But it doesn't bother me much.

Bishan used to be a big cemetry and lots of people used to say there are hauntings when MRT and new HDBs were built there. But look at that estate now... price of the property has escalated so much! I'm sure both the people and ghosts living there are having the last laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    agreed....

btw look at the arte, when it launch at 950psf, what ppl say? and now another one new project near it, hit 1000psf! No right or wrong lah, if price keep go high or sustain, then these buyers are really right lor.

Again look at the project launch @ pasir ris, is at 700psf.
    Anywhere near city easily go to 900psf and above, not surprise lah
    The government had warn us....BEWARE....buyer...

""Government has released information on how much supply is coming onto the market, the transacted prices and how many units have been sold on the deferred payment scheme.
    This gives buyers complete information, rather than to have reports of high prices alone, he said.

‘For example, there are about over 40,000 units coming onto the market in the next three or four years – I think people must know that.’""

HDB prices are stable....how about private property????? 40,000 units coming how to digest

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i think no need for people to be so pantang lah. i don't think hantu is just centered around cemeteries coz they travel everywhere. very often people are worse off than hantus...lol
    Hantu travels in a straight line ..

so if one's window faces straight at it .. mirror the whole room lor .. reflect it back
    hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty

""Government has released information on how much supply is coming onto the market, the transacted prices and how many units have been sold on the deferred payment scheme.
    This gives buyers complete information, rather than to have reports of high prices alone, he said.

‘For example, there are about over 40,000 units coming onto the market in the next three or four years – I think people must know that.’""

HDB prices are stable....how about private property????? 40,000 units coming how to digest

to many , buying property is like ..the urge to go 'pang sai' ...you just have to , theres no stopping ...
    no matter how hard you try to warn them .. like .. that cubicle no toilet paper ..they still go in .. worst case , use their underwear to swipe and throw away lor ..

Yeah! Reminds of a hokkien saying to that effect.

Lang kia lang eh see

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    to many , buying property is like ..the urge to go 'pang sai' ...you just have to , theres no stopping ...
    no matter how hard you try to warn them .. like .. that cubicle no toilet paper ..they still go in .. worst case , use their underwear to swipe and throw away lor ..
    very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Yeah neighbour! Mine is a type C1, facing Woodleigh Close.

And you're right too. Had gone to look at Livia but decides that there's more potential at 8@W. Also likes the surroundings and the friendly Potong Pasir neighbourhood.

As am presently staying in Bishan, guess i won't be too affected by the Bidadari site across the road.
    Haha... so are you one of those original owner in Bishan who bot at a fraction of the current price???

I'm facing the pool...towards the direction of Woodleigh station.

I was seriously considering a ground unit at Bluwaters 2 before 8@W. Saw Double Bay and Livia too but was put off by the number of units there.

Haha... agree. I believe as long as one dun do things against one's conscience and are respectful towards the unknown then no need to worry lah. Agree that living persons are more scary than ghosts most of the time!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

"buying new with IAS is like buying a call option / warrant with 5 times leverage until TOP."
    - This is for investment.
    "Buying a freehold / 99LH for immediate occupany is less speculative."
    - This is for self-consumption.

Both if require housing loan is using leverage. Both can be long-term investment (a hedge against inflation and money-printing where paper money loses their physical value). No difference lah.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    The truth is, buying new with IAS is like buying a call option / warrant with 5 times leverage until TOP. Buying a freehold / 99LH for immediate occupany is less speculative.

They are not going to build more HDB flats mah. If HDB don't drop, how can private properties drop below HDB? 40,000 coming but spread over 4-5 years and they can be deferred for a few more years (like over 10 years). So, 40,000 / 10 = 4,000 units => Even less than recession period of 6000+ units sold. Like that property sure cheongggg!

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    They are not going to build more HDB flats mah. If HDB don't drop, how can private properties drop below HDB? 40,000 coming but spread over 4-5 years and they can be deferred for a few more years (like over 10 years). So, 40,000 / 10 = 4,000 units => Even less than recession period of 6000+ units sold. Like that property sure cheongggg!
    Since when teddybear become so bullish?

Not being bullish for the sake of bullish but just basing on facts (and the facts seem to point to bullish note). Coupled with Q2 GDP which is much better than expected and 2009 full year GDP being upgraded, looks bullish though!
    But hor, I won't buy a place just opposite the cemetary lah! (Personal preference, don't hammer me!) The whole place around Woodleigh just next to cemetary! The MRT station is built on the cemetary (if my memory didn't fail me). At night walking along there better don't look over the shoulder otherwise hor...

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Since when teddybear become so bullish?

Haha... so are you one of those original owner in Bishan who bot at a fraction of the current price???

I'm facing the pool...towards the direction of Woodleigh station.

I was seriously considering a ground unit at Bluwaters 2 before 8@W. Saw Double Bay and Livia too but was put off by the number of units there.
    Mine was the D&B or Premium flats back then, so it wasn't exactly low priced compare to the others flats at that time. But then, its able to fetch a higher price now.

Didn't check out Bluwater, but did went down to Doublebay, Mezzo & St Michael estate too, before deciding on 8@W.

Mine was the D&B or Premium flats back then, so it wasn't exactly low priced compare to the others flats at that time. But then, its able to fetch a higher price now.

Didn't check out Bluwater, but did went down to Doublebay, Mezzo & St Michael estate too, before deciding on 8@W.
    Keke... good for u... mature estate like AMK and Bishan always command a premium because of location other than the amenities...

I didn't see Mezzo and St Michael estate. Was more focus on Loyang/ Pasir Ris and East Coast area actually because I like to be near the sea and prefer places that are more quiet.

So, 8@W is kind of 'quite off' from my initial plans...... but I also believe in fate when it comes to buying a property lah.

Keke... good for u... mature estate like AMK and Bishan always command a premium because of location other than the amenities...

I didn't see Mezzo and St Michael estate. Was more focus on Loyang/ Pasir Ris and East Coast area actually because I like to be near the sea and prefer places that are more quiet.

So, 8@W is kind of 'quite off' from my initial plans...... but I also believe in fate when it comes to buying a property lah.
    Actually I was looking to moved back to the East, but the location or prices were not right.

Yeah, so guess kinda fated to remains in the City Fringes.

Actually I was looking to moved back to the East, but the location or prices were not right.

Yeah, so guess kinda fated to remains in the City Fringes.
    Keke... I sae St Patrick Residence, Poshgrove East, Callidora, and a few others near to Lor L/ N in East Coast but didn't have the 'feel' le...

I guess some people in this forum may say that I'm mad to go with 'feel' when buying property but I'm a rather 'intuitive' person especially with personal things like buying a property.

Keke... I sae St Patrick Residence, Poshgrove East, Callidora, and a few others near to Lor L/ N in East Coast but didn't have the 'feel' le...

I guess some people in this forum may say that I'm mad to go with 'feel' when buying property but I'm a rather 'intuitive' person especially with personal things like buying a property.
    Why would pp say u mad?? ... if buy to stay of cuz "feel" is 1 important factor .... but Poshgrove East IMO is quite good actually ...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Why would pp say u mad?? ... if buy to stay of cuz "feel" is 1 important factor .... but Poshgrove East IMO is quite good actually ...
    Well, some people rely more on facts like psf price to measure potential mah. And moreover, 8@W is only a showroom, and u dun even see the actual unit. So talk about 'feel' is like ???... cos nothing 'concrete' to actually see.

I saw the actual show unit 3+study that was facing the pool in PGE. Asking was slightly over 1mil. There was another 2br that faces the guardhouse/ main road at $750K or so. I was considering that area then but thought that the facilities were normal only. Pool wasn't really fantastic and the landscaping wasn't that great too.

I guess for those who are making it their home, the right "feel" of the place will be very important. Likewise for me, if the "feel" is not right, then it doesn't make sense to stay and discuss more.

Well, some people rely more on facts like psf price to measure potential mah. And moreover, 8@W is only a showroom, and u dun even see the actual unit. So talk about 'feel' is like ???... cos nothing 'concrete' to actually see.

I saw the actual show unit 3+study that was facing the pool in PGE. Asking was slightly over 1mil. There was another 2br that faces the guardhouse/ main road at $750K or so. I was considering that area then but thought that the facilities were normal only. Pool wasn't really fantastic and the landscaping wasn't that great too.
    Yup, true about 8@W since it's juz a showroom ... but for PGE, it's the actual which I believe is what you saw after TOP ... facilities true not fantastic, but overall "feel" is pretty good (well at least suits my taste)

But hor ... thot PGE quite expensive (given that they now selling higher than launch price!! ). And, quantum is considered big for 3+study ... can forget about those not facing inward, u'll end up seeing the main road plus there is one even facing the sub-station!

I guess for those who are making it their home, the right "feel" of the place will be very important. Likewise for me, if the "feel" is not right, then it doesn't make sense to stay and discuss more.
    Till now haven't really decide to stay at 8@w... I bot with the intention to stay or rent actually....see how it goes lah... keke...

just curious, why havent u considered belastier or st michael which are nearer to town and have better investment prospects?

Till now haven't really decide to stay at 8@w... I bot with the intention to stay or rent actually....see how it goes lah... keke...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Yup, true about 8@W since it's juz a showroom ... but for PGE, it's the actual which I believe is what you saw after TOP ... facilities true not fantastic, but overall "feel" is pretty good (well at least suits my taste)

But hor ... thot PGE quite expensive (given that they now selling higher than launch price!! ). And, quantum is considered big for 3+study ... can forget about those not facing inward, u'll end up seeing the main road plus there is one even facing the sub-station!
    Err... still got units unsold at PGE? tot mostly taken up already? I'm a sucker for greenery and serene environment so PGE too much of a concrete jungle for me. But I must admit the actual unit show room that was up for sale was quite nice. I love the kitchen fittings. :P

just curious, why havent u considered belastier or st michael which are nearer to town and have better investment prospects?
    My other half dun like belastier and frankly, I didn't really research on St Michael... also dunno why I din do that....keke...maybe it's fated???

if you buying for own long term stay i dont know how 99yr leasehold would affect the future pricing of the project. i always feel that buying a triple 9 or FH in the central (whether RCR or CCR) is always a safe bet. Some people I know seem to also like Potong Pasir area and was telling me the developmental prospects in that area (would be on goverment's pipeline) and people dont mind paying forward pricing to bet on the future prospects. i am still puzzled at the overwhelming response of 8 @ woodleigh till now and would really like to speak to more owners there about why they buy into the project....

My other half dun like belastier and frankly, I didn't really research on St Michael... also dunno why I din do that....keke...maybe it's fated???

if you buying for own long term stay i dont know how 99yr leasehold would affect the future pricing of the project. i always feel that buying a triple 9 or FH in the central (whether RCR or CCR) is always a safe bet. Some people I know seem to also like Potong Pasir area and was telling me the developmental prospects in that area (would be on goverment's pipeline) and people dont mind paying forward pricing to bet on the future prospects. i am still puzzled at the overwhelming response of 8 @ woodleigh till now and would really like to speak to more owners there about why they buy into the project....
    I agree with you. I was looking at FH and 999 at loyang/ pasir ris and east coast area too... wanted to buy for long term stay cos of the proximity to greenery and beach. But other half warn me that loyang/ pasir ris may be difficult to sell next time if we need to move or get out of the country.

For me, I guess it's because I was 'emotionally captured' by the showroom other than the good feeling of the area there... and that is knowing that bidadari is just across the road! (Some people feel that cemetry is eerie but I think it can also give a sense of peace. Weird hor ... )

that is something new to me man. you guys who bought the project could be setting the trend for people wanting to stay near cemetary. it is definitely peaceful but again chinese being chinese....do u think lviving opposite bidadari would make it easier to sell ur condo next time? If you had a choice to go back in time, would you still buy woodleigh? sorry for asking too many Q as i really want to understand buyers for this project....

For me, I guess it's because I was 'emotionally captured' by the showroom other than the good feeling of the area there... and that is knowing that bidadari is just across the road! (Some people feel that cemetry is eerie but I think it can also give a sense of peace. Weird hor ... )

that is something new to me man. you guys who bought the project could be setting the trend for people wanting to stay near cemetary. it is definitely peaceful but again chinese being chinese....do u think lviving opposite bidadari would make it easier to sell ur condo next time? If you had a choice to go back in time, would you still buy woodleigh? sorry for asking too many Q as i really want to understand buyers for this project....
    Keke... I guess I'm not your regular chinese here... anyway, the younger generation couldn't really care about cemetry or not. Just look at Bishan now... that's a fairly good example.

Try Sentosa too... it used to be known as Pulau Blakang Mati (spell?). Jap army did some serious massacre there during WWII but now you get the rich buying property there and IR being built. To me, it's all in the mind. :P Just show the dead the respect and you'll be fine even if you live near them.

Well, I'm the intuitive sort who goes by feel... so let's just say that I'm glad I bot 8@W a few weeks ago. Anyway, today's price for most development is way out of my league! Even HDB prices also soar!

my agent told me an executive flat along mei ling street valued at 780k to 800k

Anyway, today's price for most development is way out of my league! Even HDB prices also soar!

Just want to point out Bishan is chinese cemetry and the one in Potong Pasir is a "Ang Mo" cemetry.

Chinese Cemetry look at feng shui, not the ang mo. so you cannot compare Bishan to Potong Pasir.