Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seletaris (Freehold)

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    Pre-Estuary Effect (Any impact to Estuary to an old condo at the other far end of Yishun?)

511 Sembawang Road #01-69 Freehold $611 1884 $1150k 23 Feb 10
    505 Sembawang Road #04-40 Freehold $613 1345 $825k 12 Feb 10
    511 Sembawang Road #01-74 Freehold $567 1798 $1020k 08 Feb 10
    501 Sembawang Road #03-08 Freehold $557 1345 $750k 04 Feb 10

Interesting to see that people are paying much more after CNY. Level 1 patio are getting decent psf above $600.

Can someone enlighten why price still going up?
    alot of agent, when marketing these unit, also making referenc to the MCL project pricing and LH vs FH status.

now looking tt those in the market now, all asking above 600 psf liao for seletaris...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    alot of agent, when marketing these unit, also making referenc to the MCL project pricing and LH vs FH status.

now looking tt those in the market now, all asking above 600 psf liao for seletaris...
    well i did high light the price difference and questioned which is a better buy ... but some die hard Estuarian .. humtum me for implying estuary is bad ..

now seletaris prices up .. too bad .. but its still cheap lah ...

Pre-Estuary Effect (Any impact to Estuary to an old condo at the other far end of Yishun?)

511 Sembawang Road #01-69 Freehold $611 1884 $1150k 23 Feb 10
    505 Sembawang Road #04-40 Freehold $613 1345 $825k 12 Feb 10
    511 Sembawang Road #01-74 Freehold $567 1798 $1020k 08 Feb 10
    501 Sembawang Road #03-08 Freehold $557 1345 $750k 04 Feb 10

Interesting to see that people are paying much more after CNY. Level 1 patio are getting decent psf above $600.

Can someone enlighten why price still going up?
    Thot you already bot a unit in Seletaris??

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    well i did high light the price difference and questioned which is a better buy ... but some die hard Estuarian .. humtum me for implying estuary is bad ..

now seletaris prices up .. too bad .. but its still cheap lah ...
    If to compare with Northwoods, the diff is 600 psf vs 700 plus psf .
    Seletaris may still got room for up..of course, old vs new

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Thot you already bot a unit in Seletaris??
    Yup, something is not right? Prices in Northwood, Seletaris, Northoaks, Yishun Sapphire and Emerald have been going up from Dec 09 to Mar 10, despite up 15% from July to Nov 09.

Another location I was looking was West Coast, went even more crazy Varsity Park up to 950psf (>100% from launch).

Are the economy improving so fast?

As owner, one may prefer your property to appreciate slowly over time rather than, suddenly shoot up, then suddenly crash down. If like that how to

As owner, one may prefer your property to appreciate slowly over time rather than, suddenly shoot up, then suddenly crash down. If like that how to
    The last 2 transcl are about 600 psf, got to see few more transcl then can 'conclude' the price is stablised at 600 psf...

The last 2 transcl are about 600 psf, got to see few more transcl then can 'conclude' the price is stablised at 600 psf...
    You got your unit? Btw, more owners who bought from developer in 2000 are willing to let go of their units down as it just breached break-even price. Owners who bought from developers in 2004 are already clocking good gains.

Hi, Can anyone enlighten me where can I find plot ratio for Seletaris? Thks.

Default Good Value for Seletaris - S$600+

For a freehold condo like Seletaris selling at $600+ is definitely a good buy
    with Sembawang Shopping Ctr and ChongPang Town Ctr just a 10 mins
    walk. I am confident with the opening of the new Khoo Teck Huat Hospital
    the value of this condo is going up,up !

Quote Originally Posted by pupboy
    For a freehold condo like Seletaris selling at $600+ is definitely a good buy
    with Sembawang Shopping Ctr and ChongPang Town Ctr just a 10 mins
    walk. I am confident with the opening of the new Khoo Teck Huat Hospital
    the value of this condo is going up,up !
    Sembawang, to me, is a very far location. It has its charms but it is really a place for retirees.

You got your unit? Btw, more owners who bought from developer in 2000 are willing to let go of their units down as it just breached break-even price. Owners who bought from developers in 2004 are already clocking good gains.
    Option still open.....
    Yap...reviewed 2000s launching price . alot of bigger units trying to sell now... Most of the folk are staying folk ..so got a good holding power..view few unit, but cheque being rejected..

Option still open.....
    Yap...reviewed 2000s launching price . alot of bigger units trying to sell now... Most of the folk are staying folk ..so got a good holding power..view few unit, but cheque being rejected..
    Mine also rejected twice. AND one of the unit was sold lower than my offer. I realised that a lot of seller agent do not want to co-broke, so your agent need to "jack" up your price to earn your commission. Try to call classified ad and view yourself.

Mine also rejected twice. AND one of the unit was sold lower than my offer. I realised that a lot of seller agent do not want to co-broke, so your agent need to "jack" up your price to earn your commission. Try to call classified ad and view yourself.
    i told the agent that i am viewing Carlose, Northwood or meadow and these are still open for option. No point if i paying above 600 psf where the price at northwoord is stablised at 700. i thinks is the owner asking for high.

Selataris is quite a nice place la. Been there during the night and was very serene and quiet. The price is a steal compared to Estuary, northwood, sapphire and emarald. I nearly wanted to buy a unit with patio at $497psf during last Nov but dropped due to the noise at Gambas. Now kind of regretted cos can't fetch this kind of price anymore.

Cons: The landscape not so well done. Also found that the mgt also anyhow plant different kind of trees and plants. Dunno whether they are trying out the plants or wat. So many different pattern. The swimming pool also pathetic. No children playground in the pool. The playground at the other side also very small. Units facing gambas can be quite noisy and units facing the greenery get the west sun.

Quote Originally Posted by istaycondo
    Selataris is quite a nice place la. Been there during the night and was very serene and quiet. The price is a steal compared to Estuary, northwood, sapphire and emarald. I nearly wanted to buy a unit with patio at $497psf during last Nov but dropped due to the noise at Gambas. Now kind of regretted cos can't fetch this kind of price anymore.

Cons: The landscape not so well done. Also found that the mgt also anyhow plant different kind of trees and plants. Dunno whether they are trying out the plants or wat. So many different pattern. The swimming pool also pathetic. No children playground in the pool. The playground at the other side also very small. Units facing gambas can be quite noisy and units facing the greenery get the west sun.
    Yah I look at far North condos quite a bit Seletaris is nice and has a resort feel about it. However it's rather old and you are right about the Gambas noise. Another problem is that it's smack in the middle of helicopters' landing route so you get deafening noise (as helis descend above your house 40-50metres in the air) - the walk to Sembawang shopping centre and Chong Pang also not exactly a stone's throw.

else for a freehold 600psf nowadays is a steal...

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Sembawang, to me, is a very far location. It has its charms but it is really a place for retirees.
    now sembawang is no longer ulu. is quite lively now becos most of the new flats are bought by young couple. understand government is going to develop a new town call "Simpang". but of course this is many years later. i do see construction going on but do not know what are they constructing. i personally like seletaris becos is very relaxing resort feel. especially during night time. i didnt buy becos my wife find it old.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    now sembawang is no longer ulu. is quite lively now becos most of the new flats are bought by young couple. understand government is going to develop a new town call "Simpang". but of course this is many years later. i do see construction going on but do not know what are they constructing. i personally like seletaris becos is very relaxing resort feel. especially during night time. i didnt buy becos my wife find it old.
    My brother used to stay in Springhill. I always find the drive (i stay in D15) to his house very long. Of course psf for psf, the location is cheaper.
    Anyway he also moved liao.

Agreed with the noise from Gambas Ave. The landscape, swimming pool, playground also not very good. Some of the units are also quite dark. Pros are cheap psf as well as not much non-usable space (No balcony, no planter, no bay window). For the same price at Northwood, I got one more bedroom and 50% more usable space (after discount balcony, planter and bay window).

Agreed with the noise from Gambas Ave. The landscape, swimming pool, playground also not very good. Some of the units are also quite dark. Pros are cheap psf as well as not much non-usable space (No balcony, no planter, no bay window). For the same price at Northwood, I got one more bedroom and 50% more usable space (after discount balcony, planter and bay window).
    what is the maintenance fee like?

what is the maintenance fee like?
    Low $900 for 4BR for 3 months

Low $900 for 4BR for 3 months
    Tq tq............

Tq tq............
    one more thing.....the last time i heard from the agent (is owner herself) is that 2nd owner does have voting right. maybe you can confirm again if that is a concern

Heard that the condo plan to do feasibility study for a hot spring in vicinity, if come true that will be one of the key and unique feature no other condo in Sg have…

However it just a idea being coined around that this pts.

Heard that the condo plan to do feasibility study for a hot spring in vicinity, if come true that will be one of the key and unique feature no other condo in Sg have…

hahaha... ok.... might also

plan to do feasibility of MRT station in the vicinity,

plan to enblock

plan to create a business center (like tampines) in the vicinity

IF COME TRUE

that will be one key and unique feature no other condo in sg have...

common, get real!

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    hahaha... ok.... might also

plan to do feasibility of MRT station in the vicinity,

plan to enblock

plan to create a business center (like tampines) in the vicinity

IF COME TRUE

that will be one key and unique feature no other condo in sg have...

common, get real!
    Any way ,,this is for sharing purpose...Up to u.
    I welcome constructive sharing. If you got no better sharing....buzz off then.

Any way ,,this is for sharing purpose...Up to u.
    I welcome constructive sharing. If you got no better sharing....buzz off then.

hahaha... I was bored and you caught me in a bad mood... so I blast you on that. It's constructive what... plans to have MRT is good news.

Anyway the spring thing was rumoured for a very long long time and the location was across the street in the army camp... now construction is going on there... duno if there is going to be a spring. Could that be the spring you are talking about?

Spring or no spring... it doesnt affect the development much... same usual stuff... low rise and no chance of enblock due to near to airbase. Height restriction there as long as air base is there. Waste of time there.

Oki..that is constructive…

What I heard from some agent is that they plan to do feasible study to built a hot spring in the condo it self…Of course agent will use as extra marketing revenues for selling purpose..

Precisely I wanted to find out from other source to confirm this issue… (Feasible or not is another issue.)

Agreed that due to close proximity to air base, it is unlikely for enblock…
    It more for home stay folk…and it for me to retire with ‘Hot Spring” to treat rheumatism.

Oki..that is constructive…

What I heard from some agent is that they plan to do feasible study to built a hot spring in the condo it self…Of course agent will use as extra marketing revenues for selling purpose..

Precisely I wanted to find out from other source to confirm this issue… (Feasible or not is another issue.)

Agreed that due to close proximity to air base, it is unlikely for enblock…
    It more for home stay folk…and it for me to retire with ‘Hot Spring” to treat rheumatism.
    Wow! A hotspring in the condo itself! Sounds plausible since the thermal water in Sembawang Airbase runs underneath it. It'll be a condo cum health resort. Good for folks staying there. Hope your 'hot spring' feasibilty study works out right. All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Agree with you the Seletaris is quite far in the sense that it is neither near the CBD nor shopping district, --- Singapore is very small. But with more MRT & LRT lines and network coming up and new bus-stops & towns being developed, everywhere would be very easily accessible even for those who do not drive. By then, the centre would be too populated and the suburbans would have its lure of peace and calm. [See long term] It's freehold anyway. Buyers have the holding power...

And Seletaris does exude a resort-like feel. I went to my friend's place a couple of times and the heli noise is only temporary due to the coming National Day celebration. Sometimes, it's not even that audible especially when you're engrossed with stuff. The only thing I find quite a pity is the kid's playground. Have seen bigger and better children's adventure park. Would be good if Seletaris can not only cater to the retiring folks but to the 'grand kids'. Build an adventure park or some wet playground like the one in the zoo. Then I would definitely rent or buy a unit there. My parents and kids would benefit from the facilities as well as the 24hr makan nearby. I walked to the 24hr eating house across Sembawang Shopping Centre with my friend the other day and surprisingly, it only took us a mere 7 minutes of slow stroll! So, it wasn't that far as some have quoted here. Besides, walking is good for health. Try it!