Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Seletaris (Freehold)

User Info Menu

Default Seletaris (Freehold)

Any view on the project Seletaris? Only have budget to get a 3 bedroom unit at this area. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by istaycondo
    Any view on the project Seletaris? Only have budget to get a 3 bedroom unit at this area. Thanks.
    good to stay... not that accessible. Its FH... buy cheap sell cheap...
    near to army camp... Why don't you wait for the development at Khatib by MCL land, though not going to be cheap and leasehold, it might be a better place. However, that one is next to stadium and can be noisy at times. If the price is cheap... why wait... should have some news coming up by year end (just guessing).

If you can consider Seletaris, you might also consider Lilydale... cheap and good if you have a car. Shuttle service provided.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing...

News coming up? Can shed some light on what news? Agree that seletaris is not that accessible, but at least they have shuttle service to Yishun. Not sure whether any plans to build condo or terrace house next to the empty plot of land.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing...

News coming up? Can shed some light on what news? Agree that seletaris is not that accessible, but at least they have shuttle service to Yishun. Not sure whether any plans to build condo or terrace house next to the empty plot of land.
    oh I was referring to this one.... should be coming up but I have no insider news, just guessing.. [URL="http://www.mclland.com.sg/ourproperties/page.asp?aid=136#yishun"]http://www.mclland.com.sg/ourproperties/page.asp?aid=136#yishun[/URL] Been fenced up for sometime and they have added the developer telephone number recently.

The empty plots of land beside seletaris.. I have no idea when is it going to be developed. At least two plots of land released for executive condo in Yishun without takers, check land sales announcements at URA. There should be upgrader demand in Yishun. Shuttle Service can solve accessibility problems to the MRT... but it cannot solve amenities problem. Find one with good amenities around it and Selataris is walking distance to Sembawang Shopping Center.. not too bad.

User Info Menu

Default Any View on Seletaris

Any unit facing the roads has real noise problems. Units facing the guard house/swimming pool get some noise and have no view.

The top floor units (maybe others) have high ceilings but this makes the rooms out of proportion. In the unit I saw, the kitchen was dark with no view from the window. The corridor inside the apartment was narrow and winding. And dark unless all the doors are open.

When I viewed a unit last week, the condo looked run-downish inside, but nice landscaping outside although the outside gates/fences to each unit hadn't been painted for some time.

The lobby spaces are so-so. A bit drab. And shoes everywhere, and laundry on the common staircases. There's nowhere inside the unit to hang clothes so the condo generally looks like a laundry with clothes hanging off any old place.

The maintenance is a high S$290 per month, and the MC is asking for more.

The agent gave the rental for a 4-bedroom unit as S$2,500, and there's quite a few units available for rent so the competition is high.

I decided that I could do better. Don't know where yet, but can do better.

User Info Menu

Smile

yep, agree that there is no place to hang the laundry that why all residents are hanging around the windows. I went to see a few units facing the gambas. Is really very noisy and i dun think i can sleep with the noise.

There are some units facing the greenery but will get the evening sun. also dunno when the plot of greenery will be taken up for another devt.

But at $500+psf and freehold, can't find any better ones already. Anyone got better suggestions?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    good to stay... not that accessible. Its FH... buy cheap sell cheap...
    near to army camp... Why don't you wait for the development at Khatib by MCL land, though not going to be cheap and leasehold, it might be a better place. However, that one is next to stadium and can be noisy at times. If the price is cheap... why wait... should have some news coming up by year end (just guessing).

If you can consider Seletaris, you might also consider Lilydale... cheap and good if you have a car. Shuttle service provided.
    sorry, but why the mention of near to army camp? what does tt imply?

User Info Menu

Was viewing one of the units on one of the weekdays and the helicopters were flying around. The noise is really loud. And they can fly from 3-7pm.

User Info Menu

near army camp... low rise.... no chance of enblock... plus the noise from the helicopters.... landing and taking off at less than 1 km away from it.... imagine the noise when they are flying so high above you and then imagine how loud that can be when they are making a slow climb up and slow drop to base... get it?

User Info Menu

I am also looking at units in Seletaris.
    Viewed 1 unit. Have the living in chalet feel...

At least it is freehold and near to expressway.
    Of course a bit ulu, no amenities.
    Cavets this year is between 456psf to 536 psf.
    But sellers asking for more than 580psf
    Think any price above $480 psf is overpriced...

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast