Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pavilion 11 Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    I heard TOP obtained already!

Someone got a 3 br for 980 psf, according to URA! Any idea how high is this unit?
    #20-05 1485 sq ft

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    #20-05 1485 sq ft
    Thanks dtrax... lucky buyer! But that must be a fire-sale. Owner sold below his cost! Dun think that block was launched so cheaply...

I was told that there are recent transactions in the past couple of weeks at above 11xx psf... dunno why not on URA? Trying to con me???

It will take a while before the transaction is lodged.
    When I bought mine in Dec 08, it wasnt up until 4-6 weeks later.

Thanks dtrax... lucky buyer! But that must be a fire-sale. Owner sold below his cost! Dun think that block was launched so cheaply...

I was told that there are recent transactions in the past couple of weeks at above 11xx psf... dunno why not on URA? Trying to con me???

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    It will take a while before the transaction is lodged.
    When I bought mine in Dec 08, it wasnt up until 4-6 weeks later.
    Imagine in rapid raising market like this , an owner coming back from overseas see the caveat and ask 1100 for his 2x-xx unit! wow bingo for buyer and 6 week later seller realise units during the period were transacted at 1200 and above!!!

I doubt this is the case.
    When u make calls and notice that all units are asking for $1,200 psf, you will probably know thats the price now.

Just got keys! Maybe will post some photos later ... fantastic view !

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    Imagine in rapid raising market like this , an owner coming back from overseas see the caveat and ask 1100 for his 2x-xx unit! wow bingo for buyer and 6 week later seller realise units during the period were transacted at 1200 and above!!!

Latest news .... highest psf recently is 1148 psf for a 2 BR! Mebbe this is the one the agent said ... I was asking him about 3 BRs though.

3 BRs sold for 902 psf and 956 psf! Can someone enlighten us on the levels?

Went to c e actual unit. It is a major disappointment in term of finishes for UOL project. Flooring:Kitchen ceramic tiles and living room ceramic tiles r e same! For 2 bedrooms unit, no built-in wardrobe for bedroom 2!Mayb I have higher expectation for UOL project.

how is the view , which floor did u view from? actually that wat i guess abt the wardrodde thing when i sw the floor plan. how do u find the kitchen?

I viewed the one 2 bedrooms and one 3 bedrooms, both at 4th floor. The kitchen for 2 bedrooms is quite small. 3 bedrooms still ok. The kitchen cabinets, cooker hood, etc still ok.

ya. i think uol give better furnishing in the 3 br this time. 2 br get left out.

I agreed. E 2 bedrooms look liked a 1+1 to me. Anyway, it is the first time I saw the kitchen ceramic tiles same (same colour too) as living room ceramic tiles in a condo project.

Very much agreed with you all about the tiles.
    They say it is porcelien, but never mind, the first thing I did after taking over is to hack away the tiles and replace with MARBLE!

The view is awesome ! Can see the whole stretch of Bt Timah greenery. Can see IR in front. Some sea view behind the IR.

On the right, can see Punggol seaview also !

Decking the balcony up with wood and will be sipping my wine in the evening watching the city views with lights from the ships on the sea.

Further away, can even see a mountain in Indonesia !

Awesome !

But how much would the replacement with marble cost you?

DKSG, which floor is your unit? the view seem to be very good? can u see fire works from your house?

Marble cost about 10K.
    When I bought the unit in Dec 08, I already factor in this cost in my purchase price - haha!

Mine is a abv 25th floor in stack 6.

I think can see fireworks ... not sure .. unit is still under reno and in a mess! So didnt go back to check if can see fireworks.

Sounds nice...

I guess 10k is still ok. If you do it up beautifully, I'm sure if you sell off in the future, you can get it back...

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Marble cost about 10K.
    When I bought the unit in Dec 08, I already factor in this cost in my purchase price - haha!

Mine is a abv 25th floor in stack 6.

I think can see fireworks ... not sure .. unit is still under reno and in a mess! So didnt go back to check if can see fireworks.
    Asking price quite high over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Ng
    Asking price quite high over there.
    "There" as in that area or the development?

"There" as in that area or the development?
    Hi, i meant the development itself. A P11 2BR high flr asking 1400psf...

Just saw a couple more new caveats - mostly around 1050 psf though... any idea how high the units are?

for this project, i think 1000-1200 psf still looks reasonable. Any higher than that, u may think twice...

23 Akyab Road #13-01
    Freehold
    $1054
    $1566k
    21 Jul 09
    25 Akyab Road #18-05
    Freehold
    $1050
    $1559k
    20 Jul 09
    23 Akyab Road #17-02
    Freehold
    $1080
    $1034k
    15 Jul 09
    25 Akyab Road #21-06
    Freehold
    $1148
    $1100k
    13 Jul 09
    23 Akyab Road #08-01
    Freehold
    $902
    $1340k
    09 Jul 09
    25 Akyab Road #20-05
    Freehold
    $980
    $1455k
    07 Jul 09
    23 Akyab Road #14-01
    Freehold
    $956
    $1420k
    30 Jun 09
    25 Akyab Road #18-07
    Freehold
    $1050
    $1559k
    15 Jun 09
    25 Akyab Road #21-07
    Freehold
    $1080
    $1603k
    12 Jun 09
    25 Akyab Road #19-05
    Freehold
    $983
    $1460k
    09 Jun 09
    25 Akyab Road #30-05
    Freehold
    $1067
    $1585k
    08 Jun 09
    25 Akyab Road #04-05
    Freehold
    $925
    $1373k
    19 May 09
    25 Akyab Road #24-06
    Freehold
    $992
    $950k
    04 May 09

Just saw a couple more new caveats - mostly around 1050 psf though... any idea how high the units are?

I am pleasantly surprised at the increase in the 2 06 units sold.

One below 1k psf. the other one recently at 1,148 psf!

Yes yes. I do own a 06 unit ... hehe

Default did the showflat reflect the real situation?

Hi I'm just curious with regards to the owners here who picked up a unit at the initial developer's launch.

Did the finishings at the showflat represent an accurate picture of the final situation at Pavilion 11?

Right now, only the master bedroom has a built in wardrobe, all the tiles are identical from the kitchen through to the living, and the main door is a white painted metal frame over a glass door.

I'm just wondering if anyone who bought is a touch disappointed at the quality of the interiors, or did they actually do a decent job of showing it for what it was at the original launch.

Damn nice views though from some of the 3 bedroom units.
    Have you met my more successful sibling 'Super Potato'?

wa.. must go and view the units.. you guys make it sound so fabulicious..

but concern is it is surrounded by dieases and sickness and deaths..
    donno whether will get bad fengshui there..

The developer did display the finishes as is.
    Some units did ask the developer not to lay the tiles so that it is easier to lay your own marble instead.

The doors is a bit disappointing, developer did not showcase the glass door.

But, like what I told other owners/investors, do not be distracted by the 10-20K differences in finishes. If you need to throw in 10K to make it look perfect, why not ?

The stunning feature of this place is the view. IR is in the front view with some glimpses of the Singapore Flyer. Can imagine how it looks when the IR is completed. On the right, there is the full Bt Timah greenery view.

Can see the sea in front when the sky is clear. Can see Punggol sea on the right too!

When my place is ready, I dont mind inviting some selected forumers for a friendly viewing.

Cheers!

The views are indeed nice!! In fact, for the 3BR, you even get a 270 degrees view from Marina bay/city to HDB towards Macritchie reservoir. Cannot really see the reservoir though cos it is blocked by SkyEleven.

I agree about the disease part. I took a walk from Pavillion 11 to Novena, took me 15 mins and on the way, i pass through TTS and Renci. And there is also a new Parkway healthcare that seems to be in construction stage still.

Certainly not a very good area to stay if there is an epidemic.

Better to be driving if staying in that area.

But I guess u cant get the best of everything.

Unblock view, IR, Sea view, private lift, 180 units, full length swimming pool.
    Near hawker centre, NTUC, cinema.

Charm of Balestier behind. Modern Novena in front.
    5 mins to PIE, CTE. 10 mins to Orchard road.

I guess, just have to compromise on the TTSH part.

Just like The Arte, those with reservior views will be west facing.

I think its still individual preference and what one is willing to compromise vs the benefits.

Certainly I cant stay in a Park Infinia unit which faces directly Viva (or vice versa).

DKSG got it right regarding the compromises. I think it's a bit childish all the canned responses of "wa surrounded by sickness death and disease". Frankly, I seldom even feel that these posts warrant a reply. That point of view is done to death, and quite simply, the hospital zone will never rate a good fengshui score, so adherents will need to look elsewhere.

But heck, I'm actually grateful that this neighbourhood will auto exclude a lot of people that have a penchant towards over emphasizing such things.

On to the finishings, I certainly agree that if you have the cash to do over a unit, the location, facing and views are extremely important.

My pet peeves from visiting this project:
    The glass door which allows free views of the interior of your home every morning during peak work hours. Unless you cover up the wall. Which is in itself a bit silly.
    The glass door.
    The poor bathroom fittings
    The homogeneous tiles throughout the unit
    The glass balcony defects rate ('smudges' in the glass)

DKSG, how much would it cost to relay marble throughout the living area? I assume you're going to leave the bathroom as is? I guess if you're only relaying the living/dining area, the cost won't be prohibitive.

It's a little disappointing that you'd have to redo a brand new though. Kinda like buying older.
    Have you met my more successful sibling 'Super Potato'?

I used med-to-high end marble. Cost abt 9-10K for all the marble for living dining. abt 2.5K to lay the marble.
    I am also changing the master bath tiles to marble too!
    That damaged me by abt 6K.

Actually it is not easy to find a near perfect place to stay in (with a budget). So when I find a place with private lift, IR View, Flyer View, Sea View (remote) and super high floor going for only 1k psf and Freehold~! I decide to set aside 50 psf to do it up (ie change whatever fixatures I dont like).

You can buy a place and change the interior, but u can never buy a place and change the exterior.

Advice : Do up the glass panel in front of the private lift. Get some designer to work on it. Think will cost less than 1K. Can make it look like a hotel lobby. Super cool!

Do deck up the balcony with wood or whatever too. Imagine sipping wine amidst the evening breeze, looking at the IR and city lights (not the condo hor!). Picture perfect !