Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pavilion 11 Owners

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I used med-to-high end marble. Cost abt 9-10K for all the marble for living dining. abt 2.5K to lay the marble.
    I am also changing the master bath tiles to marble too!
    That damaged me by abt 6K.

Actually it is not easy to find a near perfect place to stay in (with a budget). So when I find a place with private lift, IR View, Flyer View, Sea View (remote) and super high floor going for only 1k psf and Freehold~! I decide to set aside 50 psf to do it up (ie change whatever fixatures I dont like).

You can buy a place and change the interior, but u can never buy a place and change the exterior.

Advice : Do up the glass panel in front of the private lift. Get some designer to work on it. Think will cost less than 1K. Can make it look like a hotel lobby. Super cool!

Do deck up the balcony with wood or whatever too. Imagine sipping wine amidst the evening breeze, looking at the IR and city lights (not the condo hor!). Picture perfect !
    Could you post a picture of your private lift lobby ? Or could you refer a designer for me? I very much need such idears since we currently have one glass panel to make up as well!--only put up some of my kid's artwork right now, I am just thinking of a curtain to block the view (but let light to go through). anyway, in my opinion, glass still better than solid wall.

i am thinkign of increasing my storage space in both the kitchen and the 2nd bedroom. may be will built full length book cabinet and get extra cabinet in the kitchen.. the colour combination of the kitchen cabinet seems ugly to me, too many colour... thinking of changing the colour to just one simple colour theme.. what are you guys thinking of doing...

hey.. post some pictures of the views from your house at night and day I am curious about the 270degree view

Oops ... looks like everyone has got the same idea !

Haha ... I am also building a floor to celing book shelf in the study.

I dont know how to increase the storage space of the kitchen except to make full use of the bomb shelter. Building shelves there for not-so-often-used kitchen items.

My designer is still working on the design of the glass of the private lift. Will keep you posted how that looks like once it is done.

2BR only got 180 degrees view.

Mine is unit 6. So on the left, there is Punggol seaview. In front of IR and Singapore Flyer with some distant seaview of east coast. On the right is the whole stretch of Bt Timah view.

I dont know how to post picture here. Anyone can guide me on that ?

Wow.. 180degrees already got so good views?!
    Hmm.. must contact agent to view 3br..

Well DKSG is spot on about the siting of the exterior aspects of a condominium project. The area really is rather superb.

We have access through moulmien/mandalay - so you never have to take balestier and suffer through the jams (unless you want to tar pao some tau sar piah on the way to the in-laws)

There is quick access by foot to the main road at balestier if the buses there take you to work, but novena and its attendent shopping centers are a lazy morning's walk away on weekends.

I especially like how peaceful and quiet the neighbourhood is. Well, Pav 11 will have to put up with piling for Nova 48/88 soon, but once that's done nothing for a while.

I'm just a tad worried that once all the condos are done: Montebleu, Pav 11 fully settled, Nova 48 88, Axis, M21, Vutton/Zedge that the whole area would become slightly congested.

I'm also wondering if private lifts that share across 33 floors of a building are a great idea in the mornings around 7.30 to 8am...

Personally, I was flipping a coin between Montebleu and Pav 11, and wound up getting a 3bdrm unit at Montebleu. Happily also on a relatively high floor that clears the medge.

Now I'm just hoping that the views are as good as Pav 11's - also hoping the finishings are going to turn out better as I didn't get to budget that additional 50psf for sprucing up what comes with the unit. Sigh. Shoestring budget that I have.

Would love to take up DKSG's offer on the viewing invite once the place is totally ready =) Would be nice to compare views.
    Have you met my more successful sibling 'Super Potato'?

1200 psf has been reached ... must be very high floor.

Does anyone have the structural plan for the 3 br?
    i am curious if the wall between the master rm and the next bedroom can be hack away cos the rooms are just way too small. Anyone has done any hacking of walls for this estate ?

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    Does anyone have the structural plan for the 3 br?
    i am curious if the wall between the master rm and the next bedroom can be hack away cos the rooms are just way too small. Anyone has done any hacking of walls for this estate ?
    It's Concreate wall... just found out

better to check with developer's c&s engineer if this is a load bearing wall?in addition, should avoid making any structural changes if CSC has not been obtained. cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    It's Concreate wall... just found out

OMG - price hit 13xx psf. is this one of the highest psf ever?

WooHoo !

Thats good news for owners !

P11 certainly has been appreciation than others around it.

Will post some pictures next week ... reno in progress now ...

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    OMG - price hit 13xx psf. is this one of the highest psf ever?
    Yes incredible. Balestier is now the new Newton. Can anyone tell me why?

I'm a happy future resident of the area, and I'll gladly correct all and sundry the next 351,500 times that they refer to my part of Singapore as Balestier.

It's Novena. I enter from Jalan Tan Tock Seng from Irrawaddy Road, or from Moulmein, Or from Sinaran Drive, and i leave from the same three ways. Only late at night when I'm heading towards Bishan/AMK do I drive along Balestier.

Its worth a lot because:
    1) Its really peaceful and quiet throughout all hours of the day. Pav 11, Montebleu, the area is ridiculously quiet and free from hustle and bustle. All the noise and the maddening crowds happen on the main Balestier and Thomson Roads an acceptable distance away.

2) I can walk 2 mins to find food at any hour of the day/night.

3) The neighbourhood is getting more crowded, but simultaneously much more modern and attractive. If you count the number of developments of 5years or less in age, you'll realise its a brand new middle class community. All of which are condominiums.

4) Accessibility is fantastic. You can access CTE/PIE, you can still walk to the MRT, although it IS a slightly longer than comfortable walk from Montebleu, anyone below 18 years of age would have no problems doing it daily (simply because their limbs have not degenerated from having access to a car on an every day basis)

5) The neighbourhood can only become more valuable over time. Balestier has mostly cleaned out its streetwalkers and Walled KTVs flanked by burly men. Yes there are some questionable hotels around, but rather than detracting, I think they add a little bit of flavor to the area. Like condiments, a little sprinkle adds flavour, a lot ruins the meal.

Plus, the buildings are all getting newer: CDL still has some plots to develop. The most questionable sites are already earmarked for redevelopment. We still have the Arte, Vista Residences, Bliss Loft and the upcoming one that i've forgotten behind shaw to continue increasing the value of the neighborhood

So basically, you get 24hr food, respectably decent neighbors, great medical accessibility (highest rate of heart attack survival in Singapore) 24/7, quiet peaceful settings, ease of access, newer and better buildings replacing the few stolid old developments...

What's not to like? =) I love the neighborhood already and I don't even live there yet.
    Have you met my more successful sibling 'Super Potato'?

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic Leek
    I'm a happy future resident of the area, and I'll gladly correct all and sundry the next 351,500 times that they refer to my part of Singapore as Balestier.

It's Novena. I enter from Jalan Tan Tock Seng from Irrawaddy Road, or from Moulmein, Or from Sinaran Drive, and i leave from the same three ways. Only late at night when I'm heading towards Bishan/AMK do I drive along Balestier.

Its worth a lot because:
    1) Its really peaceful and quiet throughout all hours of the day. Pav 11, Montebleu, the area is ridiculously quiet and free from hustle and bustle. All the noise and the maddening crowds happen on the main Balestier and Thomson Roads an acceptable distance away.

3) The neighbourhood is getting more crowded, but simultaneously much more modern and attractive. If you count the number of developments of 5years or less in age, you'll realise its a brand new middle class community. All of which are condominiums.

4) Accessibility is fantastic. You can access CTE/PIE, you can still walk to the MRT, although it IS a slightly longer than comfortable walk from Montebleu, anyone below 18 years of age would have no problems doing it daily (simply because their limbs have not degenerated from having access to a car on an every day basis)

5) The neighbourhood can only become more valuable over time. Balestier has mostly cleaned out its streetwalkers and Walled KTVs flanked by burly men. Yes there are some questionable hotels around, but rather than detracting, I think they add a little bit of flavor to the area. Like condiments, a little sprinkle adds flavour, a lot ruins the meal.

Plus, the buildings are all getting newer: CDL still has some plots to develop. The most questionable sites are already earmarked for redevelopment. We still have the Arte, Vista Residences, Bliss Loft and the upcoming one that i've forgotten behind shaw to continue increasing the value of the neighborhood

So basically, you get 24hr food, respectably decent neighbors, great medical accessibility (highest rate of heart attack survival in Singapore) 24/7, quiet peaceful settings, ease of access, newer and better buildings replacing the few stolid old developments...

What's not to like? =) I love the neighborhood already and I don't even live there yet.
    honestly, why u think Montebleu/Medge etc is not considered Balestier? maybe becos its D11? its nearest to Balestier than to Moulmein and certainly further to Novena.

Half the positives u mention above are about Balestier... e.g. food, access to PIE, future development like Arte/Vista. Balestier after all is just a name...

I do foresee congestion being a bigger problem in future with all the new developments coming up, but not sure how LTA will resolve it.... dosen't seem to have any chance of road widening.

I thought this thread is talking about Pavilion 11? P11 is a different class than Montebleu as the latter is on lower ground and view is not as good.
    Also, the centralised rubbish collection is so HDBish for a mid class condo. That's why P11 is already selling at 1300psf whereas Montebleu still hovering around 1000psf. Walking to MRT is a chore as there are slopes all over but good for exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Yes incredible. Balestier is now the new Newton. Can anyone tell me why?
    no choice mah... i guess .. if ang mo kio took over balestier so balestier must take over newton lor.....

So apart from access to roads and food, why do you think P11 will appreciate beyond $1300 and those across the road like Montebleu won't?

What higher $psf level do you think P11 will hit?

So apart from access to roads and food, why do you think P11 will appreciate beyond $1300 and those across the road like Montebleu won't?

What higher $psf level do you think P11 will hit?
    Near to all the hospitals, so you can go there anytime without jam.

Quote Originally Posted by yokoosi
    Near to all the hospitals, so you can go there anytime without jam.
    Ok. I didn't know many people will pay more $psf to be near hospitals.

diff ppl buy for diff reason
    for me,
    1)near work
    2) near train
    3) still not too far from parents
    4) quiet n peaceful
    5) within walking distance to makan place
    6) near to velocity n novena sq 2 , means i csn get my groceries, haircut, contact lenes and other daily need easily.
    and veolociy and novena not as crowded as like amk hub.
    7) for own stay but if make profit dun mind selling.

I think you guys MUST come and take a look at P11.

Visit one of the high floor units and you will know why this place is worth more.

From my place, I can even see the mountain in Indonesia.

The hospital is just a small lego like building. Even the Feng Shui Master dismissed the need to do anything major to counter that.

Not many other condos have such views. Near MRT. Pte Lift. 3 units per floor. Next to 24 hr makan place. Got 2 shopping centres. etc.

I agree with Grace. To each his own. If you are very pan-dan abt the hospital, then better dont buy this area lo! But these days not many are bothered. Look at Solei ... doing very well also.

my old HDB flat is at Jurong East quite near future JE general hospital. Wondering if it's a plus or minus point... will buyer bargain with this reason? fr my flat can't see hospital but only 2-3 min by walking, is this considered too near? indeed it should be very convenient place

But it's really Balestier ... don't whack me ...

It's around the Bak Kut Teh stalls ...

Novena condos are those around the junction where the Novena MRT is located, e.g. Novena Suites, the upcoming VIVA @ Novena.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    It's around the Bak Kut Teh stalls ...

Dude, you forget to mention those budget hotels too. Pass by yesterday. Wifey lost count.

what differentiates psf for one versus another district?

surroundings.....

balestier extremely convenient for food.....food attracts.
    so you cant avoid those budget hotels and the patrons....i c heavy traffic during weekdays couples walking in and out when I was having lunch with wifey.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I think you guys MUST come and take a look at P11.

Visit one of the high floor units and you will know why this place is worth more.

From my place, I can even see the mountain in Indonesia.

The hospital is just a small lego like building. Even the Feng Shui Master dismissed the need to do anything major to counter that.

Not many other condos have such views. Near MRT. Pte Lift. 3 units per floor. Next to 24 hr makan place. Got 2 shopping centres. etc.

I agree with Grace. To each his own. If you are very pan-dan abt the hospital, then better dont buy this area lo! But these days not many are bothered. Look at Solei ... doing very well also.
    To each his own, I agree. But I don't think Soleil is doing all that well. It's not a sell out and the early buyers are still sitting on paper loss and those who cashed out suffered REAL losses.

Ok. I didn't know many people will pay more $psf to be near hospitals.
    now you know...not too late.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    To each his own, I agree. But I don't think Soleil is doing all that well. It's not a sell out and the early buyers are still sitting on paper loss and those who cashed out suffered REAL losses.
    Not much is happening with Soleil, although I believe it will get better closer to TOP. The other properties like Strata seems to be doing better.

I guess it would have been better to follow the ION orchard with residence apartments on top of Velocity. It's kind of sandwiched between 2 Squares and a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by yokoosi
    now you know...not too late.
    I'm not sure this is a condescending comment?

I originally started this discussion going to find out more why P11 has appreciated quick a lot. However it seems many forumers are set to shrug off this trend and quick to point out the "negatives" surrouning P11. I even did a search in goggle and itsays Pavillon 11@novena and so I stand corrected.

I'm interested to debate the pros and cons and also to find out the future potential of P11 and its surrounding areas.

I'm not an agent & don't own any properties here